Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

BondLady Bytes: Allawi Being Out Isn't A Bad Thing

DinarThug

I have not back pedaled on anything that I have said. It is not my fault that you misunderstood my point, multiple times. For everyone's information, yes I have a college degree, did take notes during lectures and for my own sake to achieve a high G.P.A. 3.8. However, I never presented those notes to the general public or my instructors as "finished work" as they were nearly impossible for anyone other than myself to decipher. That right there was my point. Present something to the masses that looks like you believe in it yourself by taking the time to prepare it properly. If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it must be a duck. So if it looks like a thrown together piece, and reads like it, well I hope you know what I mean with the analogy. As for the others, I can take jabs just as much as I can dish the shite out, although I do find it tiring to go back and forth like this when I have clearly stated my intention of the original post in my previous post at around 2349 10/7/2011. If you want me to "play nice" and not pick on a person's grammatical errors, so be it. Already stated that in the previous post, but I am guessing that a few of you never read that and just jumped on the "Hey lets tell GhostDawg how wrong he is for saying something bad about a guru that we like" bandwagon. I have said what I needed to about it, and am moving on. My feathers are fine as well crossfire, never were ruffled as this was all a misunderstanding to begin with. ;)

Edited by GhostDawg
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I have not back pedaled on anything that I have said. It is not my fault that you misunderstood my point, multiple times. For everyone's information, yes I have a college degree, did take notes during lectures and for my own sake to achieve a high G.P.A. 3.8. However, I never presented those notes to the general public or my instructors as "finished work" as they were nearly impossible for anyone other than myself to decipher. That right there was my point. Present something to the masses that looks like you believe in it yourself by taking the time to prepare it properly. If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it must be a duck. So if it looks like a thrown together piece, and reads like it, well I hope you know what I mean with the analogy. As for the others, I can take jabs just as much as I can dish the shite out, although I do find it tiring to go back and forth like this when I have clearly stated my intention of the original post in my previous post at around 2349 10/7/2011. If you want me to "play nice" and not pick on a person's grammatical errors, so be it. Already stated that in the previous post, but I am guessing that a few of you never read that and just jumped on the "Hey lets tell GhostDawg how wrong he is for saying something bad about a guru that we like" bandwagon. I have said what I needed to about it, and am moving on. My feathers are fine as well crossfire, never were ruffled as this was all a misunderstanding to begin with. ;)

Ghost...if I hadn't taken the time to actually read what you initially posted, I would not have responded. Not jumping on a band wagon. I'm telling you that you were not using your words correctly...at least in a sense that it was respectful, if that is at all what you thought the following quote was supposed to be: "I know some people could give a shite about spelling and punctuation and grammar etc etc. I for one find that it makes the "source" look like an idiot or a five year old child posting his/her intel. Bondlady seems like an intelligent being, but loses all credibility with the slaughter of the English language."

Read more: http://dinarvets.com.../#ixzz1aBTfjcRe

Ok, it's clear you don't get the correct use of words any more than some consider the use of letters. I guess my biggest question is...which one do you really think is the most destructive if not used correctly. Anyway, you can post a reply with a nice little wink at the end of it all day, but what you said in your last post was simply another self explanatory blurt.

Dude...it aint about "playing" nice or otherwise...it's about being respectful.

As far as you saying that you would play nice...that's all well and good...but your reply was, actually, not that you would play nice in being respectful, just that you would not correct spelling. You, sir, missed the point we were all really fired up about:

As for my "Harvard" educated opinions, obviously some people here agree with what I have to say, you my friend are not one of them however. I was stating nothing as a personal attack on Bondlady, just simply stating that if you wish people to believe the message that you are putting out there, it would benefit you to at least take the time and "sound" believable. As for degrading her knowledge, read what I posted again. Never once did I knock her knowledge or "intel".

Read more: http://dinarvets.com.../#ixzz1aBVYhDf4

You absolutely do NOT comprehend your own words, spelled correctly or not. You cannot say "I for one find that it makes the "source" look like an idiot or a five year old child posting his/her intel. Bondlady seems like an intelligent being, but loses all credibility" on one side of your face and then on the other side say that we need to read your post again because you "Never once did I knock her knowledge or "intel". You don't get it. That...or you don't have the humility to admit you get it and you were wrong. By the way...humility does not mean replying with an ill worded and defensive post, it means...oy...surely I dont' have to keep at this so you understand what those of us on your proposed "band wagon" are trying to say.

• Upvote 2

, and I am very aware that she is possibly from the south. I

Whut da hell da south gotta dew wit anythang?

I am simply amazed at how someone can just toss their "better than thou" attitude out there. I have been reading alot of the post on this site and there seems to be several comments about grammer and spelling. I have always just shook my head and went on. Not today. I work in a war zone. I get shot at nearly everyday. Some people just don't get it and never will. I work with people from many different countries. Some of them speak better english than I do, some don't. Some of them are very smart , but their language skills are not as good as others. Our company has a very big push everyday about diginty and respect. Look up the meaning. I would suggest that someone needs to say two simple words to Bondlady " I am sorry" Oh wait thats three. I am from the great state of Texas and yes that is in the south. So I am offended by your comment also. Please think about what you have typed before you push the post button. There are times when i feel like venting and I will type out some stupid long winded responce, kind of like this one, and then I delete it. I think I will push the post button this time.

• Upvote 5

I don't care how bad someones spelling is as long as they are trying to help us understand this investment, they can mess up every other word as far as I care!!

To me, the only one that looks bad is the one that has to point this out to everyone!!

NOT COOL!!

Thanks Thug for the post!

th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif +1 tip_hat.gifWell said Bumper, well said! eyebrows.gif

I think I will push the post button this time.

Thanks oleman for "pushing the button"... and thanks for your service! God Bless you, and keep you safe!

What's up with this "Drops the mic and walks off" stuff?

She is trying to create an investment opportunity for us... if we buy stock in a microphone company!!! wink.gif

• Upvote 4

We're spending WAY too much time worrying about grammar and spelling, while completely ignoring the content of the topic. While there is some truth to the point that quality presentation adds to credibility, it's pretty clear that BL spends a great deal of time collecting and interpreting the "real" news from Iraq and makes it clear that she doesn't believe the rumors. For that alone, she deserves a great deal of credit.

That being said, I disagree with the contention that Allawi leaving is not a bad thing. Allawi was almost literally the "only" hope Iraq had to step out of the Iron Age and into the 21st Century. There is a severe shortage of quality leadership in Iraq, and an even greater shortage of intelligent, well-educated elected officials. Allawi was the only leader speaking out for the importance of secular government, and one of a very few working hard to implement critical checks and balances to prevent one individual from attaining total control. Without Allawi, weak as he was given the odds against him, Maliki will now have free reign to do as he pleases. If Allawi does give up, I think it's clearly a major setback for democracy and progress in Iraq. I'm not sure how his withdrawal will affect currency reform, but he WAS one of the most outspoken proponents of revaluation of the IQD. Allawi was far from perfect, but he was the best choice they had to offer. :blink:

• Upvote 1

Allawi was far from perfect, but he was the best choice they had to offer. :blink:

I guess time will tell, and we shall all see what comes of it won't we Legolas. I do agree that the future is in the hands of the younger generation that was not raised under a regime/dictatorship. So regardless... it may be years before we see real democratic progress.

I still think your ray gun slipped off "stun"... it took out another of my coffee cups dude! Ya gotta watch where you point that thing! wink.giflaugh.gif

• Upvote 1

I guess time will tell, and we shall all see what comes of it won't we Legolas. I do agree that the future is in the hands of the younger generation that was not raised under a regime/dictatorship. So regardless... it may be years before we see real democratic progress.

I still think your ray gun slipped off "stun"... it took out another of my coffee cups dude! Ya gotta watch where you point that thing! wink.giflaugh.gif

I agree Rod. The younger generation is the only hope for Iraq - IF they are allowed to be properly educated. That remains to be seen. And for the record, "Stewie" has complete control over the operation of the ray gun. I take no responsibility for his aim......usually. :lol:

• Upvote 2

It is saddening to me to see that so many people not only write like that, but also talk like that too. From here on, I will keep me mouth shut about being a grammar Nazi, as I would hate to offend anyone else.

I will defend you GhostDawg.... we have seen this many times on here, concerning grammar and how it influences perception. Some care, some don't... it's a values issue, period. You've expressed your values and that's fair.... I happen to share the same value in communication and in how something is presented... for the sake of clarity, in the least... and of personal pride. How many times have we seen phone "texts" and "posts" get misunderstood because it is written communication? The "tone" itself can be offensive to some if not carefully presented.

So, yes... I'd prefer people take a bit more care in their presentation too. That's just part of my personal values. I get "more" out of a carefully constructed presentation... nothing wrong with that. Like I said, you care or you don't... values. Now everyone... write as you wish... but please try not to be offended by a reader's reaction to your grammar. You alone are responsible for your perception (if you care ;) ). Good luck to all! :)

• Upvote 1

I appreciate the way Bondlady breaks down an article and when shes done it makes better sense to me. If anyone does not like things made easy their crazy. She never makes things up, never rates or dates. So I can see anyone with a problem with Bondlady deffinately has a problem with most of DV. Keep up the great work Bondlady, you are my favorite read!

• Upvote 1

I agree Rod. The younger generation is the only hope for Iraq - IF they are allowed to be properly educated. That remains to be seen. And for the record, "Stewie" has complete control over the operation of the ray gun. I take no responsibility for his aim......usually. :lol:

That's ok Stewie bout your aim... I have plenty of spare coffee cups... as long as it doesn't take too long to revalue! wink.gif

Edited by RodandStaff
  • Upvote 1

I certainly didn't mean to ruffle anyone's feathers. I respect your feelings for her. I simply was asking what her background was. That is all.

No, you did not simply ask what her background was. You asked if there were two BLs and insinuated through inuendo that being associated with Currency Newshound was negative and BL's input should be taken with a grain of salt if the association were true. If you did not know who she was or her reputation, why would you say her input should be taken with a grain on salt?

As I said before, you are dealing with people's reputations.

• Upvote 2

I don't care how bad someones spelling is as long as they are trying to help us understand this investment, they can mess up every other word as far as I care!!

To me, the only one that looks bad is the one that has to point this out to everyone!!

NOT COOL!!

B64 you are soo right...Thanks for the post DT we need to discuss your headlines,,..

Bondlady does an excellent job of breaking down articles from Iraq and explaining them, if a person doesn't like what she post don't read it...

• Upvote 2

Dang Tandy, you may been stung by a few wasps in your day, but you definitely aint never been stung by a spelling bee....

Texas1...you rite brudder...ain't never even seen a spelin bee or fer that matter a talkin 1 ether...ain't never seen a horse fly either but thought I seen a pink elephant once...Naw, come to think of it that waz a PINK PIGGY :lol:

cheers for bondlady!!!

• Upvote 3

I thank Bond lady do a goode job two and she are goodly apreciated on this hear sight..I ain't two goood om me on typin are spelin either so dont bash us fer not carin about miner thing like are durn? spelinuig (or whatever)...Thanks Thug and Thanks Bond Lady and Thanks Bumper and thanks to anybody else worthy of it...in the meantime...cheers and it's...RV time....or maybe thats Miller time :blink:

:lol::lol::lol: You're cracking me up! Haha...

Thanks!

• Upvote 2

Whut da hell da south gotta dew wit anythang?

I am simply amazed at how someone can just toss their "better than thou" attitude out there. I have been reading alot of the post on this site and there seems to be several comments about grammer and spelling. I have always just shook my head and went on. Not today. I work in a war zone. I get shot at nearly everyday. Some people just don't get it and never will. I work with people from many different countries. Some of them speak better english than I do, some don't. Some of them are very smart , but their language skills are not as good as others. Our company has a very big push everyday about diginty and respect. Look up the meaning. I would suggest that someone needs to say two simple words to Bondlady " I am sorry" Oh wait thats three. I am from the great state of Texas and yes that is in the south. So I am offended by your comment also. Please think about what you have typed before you push the post button. There are times when i feel like venting and I will type out some stupid long winded responce, kind of like this one, and then I delete it. I think I will push the post button this time.

the South gonna rise agin!!! Oleman, I hope you are watching where them dummies are firing from. Just be thankful they ain't backwoods squirrel hunters and similar marksmen. I think sometimes i'm in a war zone, gotta bullet hole in my truck from somewhere..staysafe and you are rite on with ure post...spelin...the hech wit it :D

• Upvote 3

So, because her t's aren't appropriately crossed and her I's may not me propperly positioned she has no credability? And just what Harvard educated opinions have you offered that we can hang a valued hat on? If you didn't notice this lady is from the south and it is quite possible her dictaphone of whatever device is used to translate her chats may not be accurate. As also posted maybe just the cut and paste action loses something. So please, next time you decide to degrade someones knowledge and insight based soley on thier internet chats and presumed lack of knowledge save everyone the trouble of reading your ranst and giving you negs.

He drops his margarita, high fives Jimmy Buffett and stumbley down Caroline street.

Here little pink piggy piggy :eyebrows:

Spoken like a real intellectual!! Not one of these silly little demandos currently parading around Wall Street, or a current White House loon, but a real one whose opinions are to be respected and admired, right up there with those of Bond Lady. <smile>

• Upvote 1

Spoken like a real intellectual!! Not one of these silly little demandos currently parading around Wall Street, or a current White House loon, but a real one whose opinions are to be respected and admired, right up there with those of Bond Lady. <smile>

Oh, all this while he is struggling to stay upright as he wobbles down the street. :P:lol:

• Upvote 1

NOT COOL!!

Yeah Bump, who cares. Some of us do not write long post but may have lots to put out and shorten as we would, and spell words as in puter literature. So who cares, this is not a forum for applying to be grammar or english teachers. No one cares. There is a different with terrible spelling and typo's & puter lingo. WHo cares. Really bad spelling usually is ignorance. So be patient with them. They will use words they don't know the meaning of. Patience! Just like we have been on this RV.

• Upvote 3

typing, spelling, punctuation, sentence structure, true that wasn't what the original post was about but bondlady does her due diligence and brings the community great news articles...all I bring to the table is weird perspectives, offbeat humor and stoopid opinions...so thar...I may be politically incorrect but take a look at Washington as in District of Columbia...that hole stoopid bunch are politically incorrect, they can't even agree as to lunch time (dinner in Ky) there are a lot of us that have had a stint in higher education...I was the tallest dude in the class :P english were my best subject,,,me and all my classmates spoke it and writ it...so don't be korrectin us...as a matter of fact we just had our 50th reunion and that's a load of english use (you younguns better hope you make it that fur) anyway I ain't going to another reunion...just old people were there :( ...Bondlady we'uns all love you XOXO :D keep up the great werk!!!

Always question authority!

• Upvote 3

The other day I started something in this thread that went way off path from the original post. I am here to not grovel, but apologize and ask the DV community to forgive and forget. I apologize to you Bondlady for criticizing you in the way that you have given us intel/knowledge of the impending RV. It is one of many faults that have, and I am sorry for singling you out of the other "Gurus" that Thug had mentioned in his post. I read your message and understood it, however I took it upon myself to criticize and pick apart that message because of a few errors or slang terms that I felt detracted from the message. You have always delivered solid intel to the DV community and the "others". My apologies to you, and to the rest of the DV community. Tis not an easy thing for me to do as I do believe strongly in presenting an "intelligent" piece of work for others to see. Bondlady, you are by far, the best Guru, RV intel gatherer, Iraqi decipher-er that the DV community has or could have. You say it like it is, no matter where you come from, what slang you use, what dialect you speak. I hear you, as do the thousand others here on DV. I have been put in my place, and I humbly apologize to you. To the rest of you that took part in the debate with me, I respect all of you, and all that you have said to me. That is the one thing I love about this "family", is that we can agree to disagree and still come back here the next day and continue with our debates/speculations/predictions....etc. etc. etc.. I enjoy a lot of the banter that happens here, and I am sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes with my last rant on grammar. I am just as frustrated as the next guy with all the disinformation that is out there, and I am soooo ready for this to be done too. As much as I love being a bartender, and working the front counter at a bowling alley, I would much rather be somewhere with umbrella drinks and tiki torches! I will do my best to contribute positively to the DV community and my best to restrain myself from being just another grammar Nazi as I have surely been labeled. Good night, and GOD bless!

Edited by GhostDawg
  • Upvote 2