Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Personal observations

pocono

First and foremost...not a newbie but rather a long time lurker..

It seems to me that a great many people are starting to claim they got into this for the long haul and an RV at this rate or that rate would be acceptable and it will happen when it happens etc...

Curiously this claim coincides with the significant increase in Guru bashing...

Now,feeling comfortable that the Gurus have been sufficiently exposed for their obvious lack of real intel and/or their separate agendas I'm curious as to the answers to two simple questions.

1st... Is there anyone,other than I,willing to admit that they jumped into this head first after getting an inside tip from either a friend,family member,co-worker,barber,plumber etc. and did so because they were told they could turn $500.00 into a million,gazillion or more when it RV's next Monday?

Come on folks..stand up and be counted..You have my solemn promise not to tell anyone YOU may have dragged into this after an exciting Okie conference call..

2nd....Does anyone,who doesn't require adult supervision,still believe this?

Plus me..Neg me..but give me credit for honesty and for not having dragged religion into my post.

I got into this after many friends and aquaintances in my local church as well as my Military unit invested. However, I didn't run out and buy it immediately. I started reading the information about the new dinar on the CBI website. I saw the new bills had what I would consider neutral types of characters printed on the notes and thought that would be a positive. They have so much oil/natural gas as well as great potential for agricultural resources in that country.

Then I heard that Chase Bank was selling it and decided that if one of our banks were selling it then I would take a chance.

I fully understood back in 2005-2006 that this was a risky investment. I hope it works out, and believe that it will eventually.

As a Christian, I do pray for this to come to fruition, but don't claim that God is speaking to me about it. I guess I'm just not as connected to Him like some of these others... :unsure:

Edited by billbill

I've had some dinar since 2004-2005. Brought it back with me as a "momento" of my tour there. Came back so I could tell everyone I was an Iraqi millonairre. Then I was told about 6 months ago by co-workers that it looked like it was getting ready to RV. OK - so I dug around and found it...and figured what the heck, I got some more! So in effect, I guess I have to say "yes" to question 1.

and I'm going to say Yes to #2. It sounds like we have movement - and I've had it this long, what the heck!

Thank you for your service.

• Upvote 1

Yes, I got into it because someone who is very successful and wealthy, and is someone I trust. I did wait a few months because at the time I did not have money I could "afford to lose" but when I was able, I did invest.

Since investing, I have read a great deal and believe that this will *eventually* pan out, and hope against hope that Adam is right and it will pop before Thanksgiving. I sure could use it now. But the amount I invested really wouldn't have changed my life if I had used it when I had it. I have not spent money as though I was going to have a lot soon.

I am an avid researcher of all things, and Adam is by far the most credible source I have found on the IQD. I believe he is right to expect it to RV low, and slowly grow to that ridiculous payout over time, based on the thousands of hours of reading I have done on newsites and translations of Iraqi sites, etc. That's a bit disappointing, but it will still be enough to fix my life. Not really completely change it like I hoped. It will be enough to make us debt free. Not filthy rich. I plan to cash in what I really need to do what I need to do and wait on the rest, unless forced to exchange quickly because of a re denomination deadline.

I pretty much ignore the crap posted at other websites. It's just that: crap. Who needs it.

Yes, I did drag in 2 family members, and 1 friend. I explained that it's monopoly money now, and may always be, but what the heck. I knew if I was wrong and I did turn out to be filthy rich for it, they'd hate me forever for not sharing. They aren't watching anything...they're waiting for me to tell them to do something with it. Two of them forgot all about it! So their frame of mind is in the right place.

It's not healthy to be invested and have it waste your life. I really don't sit here all day refreshing the CBI site to see it if "popped". :P

Family member bought some and told me about it. I thought about it, had a little extra money so i invested in it for the long haul in 1905. On #2 yes I think it will RV. do I think we will make millions no. When I bought it I was hoping it would RV at a dime. but like the post above. anything over what i spent will be gravy. Do I think I will lose money Nope I have already gained on what I bought it for.

Yep I jumped in for exactly the same reason. A trusted friend who I thought had done a good analysis (and is a much better salesman than I had thought!) got me to drink the koolaid. I did not invest more than I can afford to lose so I'm not in any sort of problem now that I have done my own research and realize a big win is not possible and we'll be lucky to break even. The friend is still a friend and I am sure had my best interestes at heart, they just didn't do sufficient research and are still mostly not seeing the truth in my view.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1st... Is there anyone,other than I,willing to admit that they jumped into this head first after getting an inside tip from either a friend,family member,co-worker,barber,plumber etc. and did so because they were told they could turn $500.00 into a million,gazillion or more when it RV's next Monday?

End Quote

I admit it with no problem... I got into this madness almost 8 years ago after reading stuff on the Internet....Bought a fair amount which I could afford ( in 3-4-5 buys, can't remember exactly, in a relatively short period of time, months and then didn't buy anymore since 2004)

Then I tried to educate myself in order to fight my various disappontments and now I'm still fairly hopeful it will happen but I have greatly reconsidered my earning expectations....

Having said that... What is your point?

Edited by umbertino

End Quote

I admit it with no problem... I got into this madness almost 8 years ago after reading stuff on the Internet....Bought a fair amount which I could afford ( in 3-4-5 buys, can't remember exactly, in a relatively short period of time, months and then didn't buy anymore since 2004)

Then I tried to educate myself in order to fight my various disappontments and now I'm still fairly hopeful it will happen but I have greatly reconsidered my earning expectations....

Having said that... What is your point?

The "point" is that almost no one, until recently, was saying anything except "Okie..Okie..Okie and millions,billions zillions....now after waking up to the the reality that this could very well take years or fall apart completely the story is" I got in after careful research,always knew it would take time,in it for the long haul as an investment and so on...

Up until my post I can't recall anyone admitting "I just got stupid and greedy" and I was simply curious as to the replies I might get...

My story for the record is I got in on the advice of a friend who got her advice from a woman who sells used clothes in Birmingham and worshipped the Gurus...

I feel like a fool for taking investment advice 2nd hand from a gal who has a consignment shop selling 2nd hand clothes...

Nuff said..

• Upvote 2

BTW...Noticed how you were trashed yesterday in a Steve thread....I apologize for those not big enough to do it themselves..

Thank you but it's really not necessary. I'm a big girl and I'm comfortable and confident in my decision to sell. I suspect I strike a nerve with some people that probably know, deep down, I'm right.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Thank you but it's really not necessary. I'm a big girl and I'm comfortable and confident in my decision to sell. I suspect I strike a nerve with some people that probably know, deep down, I'm right.

It's important that each of us is comfortable with our decisions.

What I want to know is...if you decided to bail, why are you still here?

First and foremost...not a newbie but rather a long time lurker..

It seems to me that a great many people are starting to claim they got into this for the long haul and an RV at this rate or that rate would be acceptable and it will happen when it happens etc...

Curiously this claim coincides with the significant increase in Guru bashing...

Now,feeling comfortable that the Gurus have been sufficiently exposed for their obvious lack of real intel and/or their separate agendas I'm curious as to the answers to two simple questions.

Come on folks..stand up and be counted..You have my solemn promise not to tell anyone YOU may have dragged into this after an exciting Okie conference call..

2nd....Does anyone,who doesn't require adult supervision,still believe this?

Plus me..Neg me..but give me credit for honesty and for not having dragged religion into my post.

I would rather invest my money in the IQD than Wall Street. The market and our country (USA) are ****@@ed from a financial stand point. We need to fire China and bring the jobs home. It's not rocket science to me. Sorry guys, I'm venting. Send me to Washington. I will plea our case.

You strike a nerve with me because people like you annoy me so much. While I continue to believe and wait, you come in here and try to tell me how foolish I am. I don't think anyone appreciates being told that, even if it were true, and it's even more annoying when it isn't.

:lol: replace handsome with pretty, but same principle applies! THANKS!

lol Oops!! Sorry, I "misspoke." When I was thinking of the Maytag repair person, I thought of a man.

I said:

You said:

You strike a nerve with me because people like you annoy me so much. While I continue to believe and wait, you come in here and try to tell me how foolish I am. I don't think anyone appreciates being told that, even if it were true, and it's even more annoying when it isn't.

On what planet would anyone say that I'm telling you how foolish you are? Since you completely misread my question, let me expound:

You had in a previous post stated that you sold your Dinar. I obviously made a foolish assumption that you had sold all your Dinar. I further assume that you would not have done that unless you had invested more than you could afford to lose and desperately needed the money.

The insult you inferred from my question clearly indicates that my assumptions were incorrect. What you said about being comfortable with selling your Dinar struck a nerve with me because if I bailed and had nothing invested, I would not be hanging around here, helping (other people who are hanging on and hoping) nurture the feeling that they are fools because they are still invested.

I've noticed that there are a few of those, and it's annoying. I assumed you were one of them from a few posts that I saw. I apologize that my assumptions were incorrect. At the time it seemed like a reasonable question. :huh:

• Upvote 1

So sorry to upset you. The truth is painful sometimes. I suspect if you were confident in your decision, you wouldn't feel as foolish as you do. That's the boat I was in. It took a little while to get over the embarassment and humiliation of making a rash, emotional, uninformed decision to buy dinar. I decided I would at least try to give people the other side of the story so maybe they could save themselves the same fate (and maybe a little money). It's my method of redemption. Hopefully I've saved someone the embarassment or ridicule of having to explain why they paid good money for some pretty pieces of papers. If not, well I guess I wasted my time. But at least I tried to inform them.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Lets put it in simple terms:

$500 for a chance at say 200,000 dol (same risk as investing in the non-honest accounting of Wall Street BS)

or

keep 500 to spend on cigs, beer, movies, or other

If you cant afford to put 500 dol aside, then you're in deep doodoo either way

• Upvote 1

On what planet would anyone say that I'm telling you how foolish you are? Since you completely misread my question, let me expound:

You had in a previous post stated that you sold your Dinar. I obviously made a foolish assumption that you had sold all your Dinar. I further assume that you would not have done that unless you had invested more than you could afford to lose and desperately needed the money.

The insult you inferred from my question clearly indicates that my assumptions were incorrect. What you said about being comfortable with selling your Dinar struck a nerve with me because if I bailed and had nothing invested, I would not be hanging around here, helping (other people who are hanging on and hoping) nurture the feeling that they are fools because they are still invested.

I've noticed that there are a few of those, and it's annoying. I assumed you were one of them from a few posts that I saw. I apologize that my assumptions were incorrect. At the time it seemed like a reasonable question. :huh:

You must have me confused with someone else. I have never sold a single one of my dinars. I bought them, and still keep every last one of them, and will do so until the day I trade them in for oodles of American money. I probably did invest more than I could afford, but i don't regret it because I would probably have spent that money just on books or grandchildren, and at least with this, I stand an extremely good chance of making quite a bit of money from it. I find also that I still manage to spend money on books and grandchildren. :P

I apologize, however, for believing that you had sold all your dinar, and still just kept hanging around and criticizing the rest of us for not being smart enough to sell ours. I thought I had reason to believe this, but apparently such is not the case.

And furthermore, I did not even know you asked me a question. I can't recall reading one from you. I am a bit forgetful these days, but I believe I would recall something like that quite clearly.

So sorry to upset you. The truth is painful sometimes. I suspect if you were confident in your decision, you wouldn't feel as foolish as you do. That's the boat I was in. It took a little while to get over the embarassment and humiliation of making a rash, emotional, uninformed decision to buy dinar. I decided I would at least try to give people the other side of the story so maybe they could save themselves the same fate (and maybe a little money). It's my method of redemption. Hopefully I've saved someone the embarassment or ridicule of having to explain why they paid good money for some pretty pieces of papers. If not, well I guess I wasted my time. But at least I tried to inform them.

I don't think you're sorry at all. I think you enjoy it. And I don't believe it's a method of redemption. Your tone makes it clear it's for entertainment value.

And it's not the truth that's painful. What's painful is someone taking the time to hang around and try to make us feel like we're stupid.

If we're already in, we have nothing to lose by waiting. Depending upon when we purchased, we can lose up to 35% by following your advice and cashing in now. How much more stupid will I feel if I follow your advice and lose 35% and if I wait another month I would break even? Why not go out and warn everyone who hasn't done it yet, in person? That would be real redemption. The anonymous naysayers here...are just a joke.

The truth is that this investment is speculation, just like the stock market, and everyone knows it. Anyone doing any investment should know not to invest money they can't afford to lose. If they did, then that is what's foolish, not the investment. Investing is art, it's science, it's putting hard-earned cash into a maybe.

If this goes completely belly-up, to whom do I have to explain? Why would I be embarrassed or humiliated or ridiculed, except by you? I didn't spend anyone else's money. I spent my own.

On the off chance you are genuinely trying to be of good service, I will just explain that your way of going about it is just rude.

JMHO.

You must have me confused with someone else. I have never sold a single one of my dinars. I bought them, and still keep every last one of them, and will do so until the day I trade them in for oodles of American money. I probably did invest more than I could afford, but i don't regret it because I would probably have spent that money just on books or grandchildren, and at least with this, I stand an extremely good chance of making quite a bit of money from it. I find also that I still manage to spend money on books and grandchildren. :P

I apologize, however, for believing that you had sold all your dinar, and still just kept hanging around and criticizing the rest of us for not being smart enough to sell ours. I thought I had reason to believe this, but apparently such is not the case.

And furthermore, I did not even know you asked me a question. I can't recall reading one from you. I am a bit forgetful these days, but I believe I would recall something like that quite clearly.

I think you quoted me when you meant to quote NotAChance. Now it's all clear. :D Seems like he hit the same nerve on both of us. :lol:

• Upvote 2

If we're already in, we have nothing to lose by waiting.

The truth is that this investment is speculation, just like the stock market, and everyone knows it.

Neither one of these statements are true.

You lose use of your money everyday that you wait. You lose opportunity costs. That may not be a big deal to everyone, but it is still true. Depending on the alternative uses for that money, it could be a very important and valuable consideration. You potentially have a lot to lose.

Everyone does not know this "investment" is speculation. Many people here were led to believe this was a sure thing, it was just a matter of timing. It was going to happen. It had to happen. Soon. Very, very soon. Iraq just had a few loose ends to wrap up. They needed to get in now before the opporutnity passed them by. People have only found out after they "invested" that it is highly speculative. Had they known or understood this to be highly speculative before they purchased I have no doubt that many people would not have done so. If somebody was told that for a small investment of $1,200 they were almost guaranteed to get back at least $880 in several years, very few people would do that. Even if you consider that low risk, nobody would willingly give up $320. It is deceptively presented and marketed and continues to be so. If someone truly understood that and chose to invest anyway, then I fully support their decision. But don't act like everyone was aware of the risks or the highly speculative nature of this "investment" ahead of time because that just isn't true.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Neither one of these statements are true.

You lose use of your money everyday that you wait. You lose opportunity costs. That may not be a big deal to everyone, but it is still true. Depending on the alternative uses for that money, it could be a very important and valuable consideration. You potentially have a lot to lose.

Everyone does not know this "investment" is speculation. Many people here were led to believe this was a sure thing, it was just a matter of timing. It was going to happen. It had to happen. Soon. Very, very soon. Iraq just had a few loose ends to wrap up. They needed to get in now before the opporutnity passed them by. People have only found out after they "invested" that it is highly speculative. Had they known or understood this to be highly speculative before they purchased I have no doubt that many people would not have done so. If somebody was told that for a small investment of $1,200 they were almost guaranteed to get back at least $880 in several years, very few people would do that. Even if you consider that low risk, nobody would willingly give up $320. It is deceptively presented and marketed and continues to be so. If someone truly understood that and chose to invest anyway, then I fully support their decision. But don't act like everyone was aware of the risks or the highly speculative nature of this "investment" ahead of time because that just isn't true.

That is so funny. On the one hand, everybody needs to be warned because they are being misled into investing money into a very speculative investment, and not into a sure thing like they're being promised. On the other hand, these folks also are losing money in real missed opportunities because their money is tied up in IQD. Do you really think that anyone who invested without doing "due diligence" has "lost opportunity costs"? Yeah, their lost opportunity is that 1% CD down at the local bank. Folks that invested without knowing the risks aren't folks with lots of other great opportunities for their investment.

Anybody with a brain attached to their skull knows that an investment like this that sounds too good to be true is an idiot to not do their homework first, if the invested money is really important to them.

You are right, everyone does not know this investment is speculative. But they should have, as practically all investments are. What I should have said was that anyone who is reading this thread has already figured out that it is speculative, and if they are reading it, it is already too late for your warning. They are reading this site to figure out what they have done. Not likely this "personal observation" thread is the first one they're going to read, before they take the big leap. Of course, I can see that you joined this site thru the choosing of your ID with the intent of aggravating people and making them feel stupid. So just quit acting so benevolent.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't think you're sorry at all. I think you enjoy it. And I don't believe it's a method of redemption. Your tone makes it clear it's for entertainment value.

And it's not the truth that's painful. What's painful is someone taking the time to hang around and try to make us feel like we're stupid.

If we're already in, we have nothing to lose by waiting. Depending upon when we purchased, we can lose up to 35% by following your advice and cashing in now. How much more stupid will I feel if I follow your advice and lose 35% and if I wait another month I would break even? Why not go out and warn everyone who hasn't done it yet, in person? That would be real redemption. The anonymous naysayers here...are just a joke.

The truth is that this investment is speculation, just like the stock market, and everyone knows it. Anyone doing any investment should know not to invest money they can't afford to lose. If they did, then that is what's foolish, not the investment. Investing is art, it's science, it's putting hard-earned cash into a maybe.

If this goes completely belly-up, to whom do I have to explain? Why would I be embarrassed or humiliated or ridiculed, except by you? I didn't spend anyone else's money. I spent my own.

On the off chance you are genuinely trying to be of good service, I will just explain that your way of going about it is just rude.

JMHO.

I think you quoted me when you meant to quote NotAChance. Now it's all clear. :D Seems like he hit the same nerve on both of us. :lol:

Oops!! My bad. Thanks for getting this figured out since I couldn't seem to do it. Yes, it does seem we were both feeling a bit beaten up by someone who didn't have our best interests at heart. Thanks for letting me know. I'll be more careful in the future. :D:lol::P

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Oops!! My bad. Thanks for getting this figured out since I couldn't seem to do it. Yes, it does seem we were both feeling a bit beaten up by someone who didn't have our best interests at heart. Thanks for letting me know. I'll be more careful in the future. :D:lol::P

Not a problem! I'm just figuring out there are some posters better just ignored...Did I see an "ignore" button somewhere? :lol:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Not a problem! I'm just figuring out there are some posters better just ignored...Did I see an "ignore" button somewhere? :lol:

Seriously, I read at one time that there is a way to ignore someone, but at the time, i thought they were just teasing someone else. And I've never explored it, so have no clue if it's true or not. But ithere are some people for whom I'd feel like it's a serious blessing to have an ignore button. lol

• Upvote 1

Seriously, I read at one time that there is a way to ignore someone, but at the time, i thought they were just teasing someone else. And I've never explored it, so have no clue if it's true or not. But ithere are some people for whom I'd feel like it's a serious blessing to have an ignore button. lol

go to "edit my profile" somewhere under your picture you will see a button that says "Manage ignore list" you can add someone there I believe

• Upvote 1

I got in to this 7 years ago September just passed, strangely if I sale now I get back just a little more than I paid for it (IQD)

So what have I lost, well 7 years reading Guru posts that have no clue, plenty of my hair via ripping it out over chat logs, sleep oh boy have I lost some sleep in the chat forums & wife not yet but still working on it.

However I have gained so much knowledge from DV & its members I feel its been worth every £0.01 I have spent.

Patients is a virtue & we should all remember that

• Upvote 2