Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

RV will not occur until GOI produces smaller denominations?

I do not think the RV will occur until the GOI produces/introduces smaller denominations and coins. Currently, the smallest denomination is a 50 IQD note. It is worth about $0.17. If the IQD is RV'd at $1.00, then the 50 IQD note is worth $50.00. How does an Iraqi buy a coke when the smallest denomination is a $50.00 bill? So, it would stand to reason that the GOI would introduce 1, 5, 10, 20, IQD notes as well as coinage for amounts smaller than one dinar in the amounts of 1, 5, 10, 25, and 50. Am I making sense? Pls share your thoughts in this regard. Thanx/yoda

Yoda...the analysis is as good as anybodys the only problem in the whole scenario is this...nobody knows who actually is holding the trump card, what their plans are, when, how much and all the other nonsense involved...trying to second guess anything about the dinar's future is like trying to accurately predict the next snow fall in Orlando....I think the best any of us can do is try and find a bonified remote viewer...there seems to be as many opinions, theories and guesses as there are nuts on a hickory tree...sorry I know that ain't much help but your analysis is as good as the next

This is a good analysis but like Tandy said, "Who knows?" You can't really know the answer until the time comes. I think Elixer is correct, though, in his thoughts that they have already begun the process. No point in circulating smaller denoms when the current ones are pretty darn small in value as is.

The link above takes you to the thread that answers a similar question. It has thorough answers that are possible solutions. One is by “jmw,” in which he explains imports and another is by “Markinsa,” who suggests smart cards.

I do not think the RV will occur until the GOI produces/introduces smaller denominations and coins. Currently, the smallest denomination is a 50 IQD note. It is worth about $0.17. If the IQD is RV'd at $1.00, then the 50 IQD note is worth $50.00. How does an Iraqi buy a coke when the smallest denomination is a $50.00 bill? So, it would stand to reason that the GOI would introduce 1, 5, 10, 20, IQD notes as well as coinage for amounts smaller than one dinar in the amounts of 1, 5, 10, 25, and 50. Am I making sense? Pls share your thoughts in this regard. Thanx/yoda

I think the calculation is wrong here. One 50 dinar note is not worth 17 cents. If it were, 1million would be around $3,401. GLTY and all. Go RV.

I think logically they would have to produce notes that have value first. Releasing lower notes that are worth basically nothing would not create the demand for the Iraqis to have them. If they revalued the currency first, they would at that time be able to stock the banks for the process of exchanging. If the US reinstated the 1/2 cent coin, I don't think there would be a mad rush of the population exchanging $100.00 bills to get them. They are worthless.

RV first, create the demand, then exchange.... my thoughts....

Besides, how often are the Iraqi people even using the dinar? Don't they prefer the dollar or the pound? These currencies can still be used as an intermediate until the new dinar is in full circulation.

• Upvote 1

they still could rv without the small denoms,remember they still have the usd, so if you bought something with a 50 dinar note they would give you back change in usd, because it is still the currency of choice,and once they get the new currency printed (the small denoms with the kurds language on it) and also the fils only then will they be asked not to use the usd but start using the new smaller denoms.