Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq receives the entire air space

TUESDAY, 04 OCTOBER 1 / OKRUDOLF 2011 16:40 HITS: 47

Twilight News / said the Iraqi Civil Aviation Directorate, Tuesday, for receipt of full Iraqi airspace, stressing that the air traffic control center in Baghdad will approach control services at airports (Baghdad - Najaf - the base country).

The Directorate of the Iraqi Civil Aviation said in a statement received "Twilight News" a copy of it, "according to the transmission of Iraqi airspace to Iraqi civil aviation has been received boycotted country, from high ground -14 thousand feet," indicating that "the air traffic control center in Baghdad will control services approach airports (Baghdad - Najaf - the base country). "

They pointed to the Directorate that "the completion of this stage is to receive the entire Iraqi airspace by the Iraqi civil aviation."

States that, according to the civil authority for civil aviation in Iraq, U.S. forces were responsible for securing Iraqi airspace from a height of fifteen thousand feet and above, with Iraqi forces to protect the atmosphere below that height.

Observers believe that Iraq lacks the air defense systems that enable it to monitor the risk and deal with him, which forced him to keep U.S. troops until after the end of the year 2011 at least to protect the air space under the semi-lack of capacity of the Iraqi Air, at the same time announced that the U.S. forces in August last that next year will see the processing of the Iraqi military air defense system integrated.

He indicated that the Turkish military aircraft violated Iranian airspace and still penetrate the Kurdistan region of Iraq, and bombed a number of Iraqi border areas, which led to the occurrence of many of the victims in addition to material losses for the residents of those areas.

If they have their own airspace wouldn't that make them a sovereign country? If they are a sovereign country, doesn't that mean they are out of chapter 7? Correct me if I am wrong but this is my understanding of a sovereign country. Go R/V!!!!!! Or maybe this is a piece of chapter 7 being released?

If they have their own airspace wouldn't that make them a sovereign country? If they are a sovereign country, doesn't that mean they are out of chapter 7? Correct me if I am wrong but this is my understanding of a sovereign country. Go R/V!!!!!! Or maybe this is a piece of chapter 7 being released?

I was thinking the same thing. Probably it is one of the last pieces of Chapter 7.

States that, according to the civil authority for civil aviation in Iraq, U.S. forces were responsible for securing Iraqi airspace from a height of fifteen thousand feet and above, with Iraqi forces to protect the atmosphere below that height.

I'm confused by the title, which states "entire air space," but the article says the US is still responsible 15,000 ft and above.

They are not suppose to recieve their F-16's till 2014. I guess they have some fighter jets I don't know about. Still, I think this is a big step toward Iraqi sovereignty.

IMHO there is no way a country with crucial resources (such as Iraq has) can command it's own airspace without moving foward on all positions. As prior navy boy imo cat is out of THE BAG.

• Upvote 1

You are so right in that respect, they have to be a Severn country to operate a military and control air space. So whats up with this. I'm so Frickin confused at this point. :blink:

Relax and keep in mind that if you control airspace you control airports (prices,service,Licence...etc) Now once they go WTO ,full UN , full GOI.....SKY IS THE LIMIT. Imagine how much AMERICAN AIRLINES and BRITSH AIRWAYS etc are going to have to pay to fly in all those investors and fly them out. IMHO IRAQ maybe the new LONDON.

Hi Vato96. Unfortunately not yet. However, it is a huge step in the right direction. Just imagine a dice with all 6 sides. All of it must be protected from foreign invation, traspassing, what ever one calls it, ect. Iraq is upto 14k but needs to improve on it. Don't forget the water. There is a huge problem with ports being built and lately, some Iraqi fishermen were arrested for traspassing into Kuwati waters. The mass arrests could have been prevented if they controlled their vesels, in, during and out. However, this did not happen. The US still has powers to detain, arrest and engage in Iraq. This is good for them for they can't do it themselves yet and need to be trainned. There is still the issue of Turkey flying in Iraqi space and dropping bombs. How about Iran trying to cross over to wipe out the defectors that have established in Iraq? Too many issues at hand and when Iraq starts acting to defend their constitution, for which I believe states soverneigty, then perhaps they can include security in their wealth movement too. AIMMHO. GLTY and all. Go RV.