Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

What if Iraq doesn't RV....

Rossenbos

Even if they dont RV, IQD will become internationally traded at some point. But i dont think they will start at 1170. We have IMF report that says IQD 'real' rate as at 2009 was 292 dinar / 1 usd. Maybe they will take it from there..or whatever 'real' rate now.

I asked Adam this in the last chat and his answer was "forever". Technically true of course and I assume that Adam didn't want to elaborate for time reasons.

So let's look at the question here, ok?

In my understanding, Iraq will move into the WTO sometime soon. They want to finalise the checklist, cross the i's and dot the t's and all that.

( HCL, Erbil, Chap 7, Banking reform, yadda yadda)....

So my question is: what would be the downside for Iraq if they keep on postponing this.

I'd like to understand the dynamics, as that analysis will tell us what a natural deadline would be.

This sort of scenario analysis supports us in managing expectations.

Happy for Adam to not want to go there for his reasons, but maybe we can have a go at it.

LOL... Incredible. REALLY Just amazing. :blink:

Scenario 1:

Iraq keeps on lingering and stalling and doesn't get out of Chap7, doesn't fix the Erbil, etc etc...

What will happen then? US withdraws? Civil war? Iran steps in? Israel steps in? What?

Scenario 2:

Iraq ticks off all the steps ( Chap7, Erbil etc) but doesn't RV the currency. Then what?

Will Corporate America/Europe move in and rape the country?

Etc etc

Your thoughts are more than welcome.

( IF THIS HAS BEEN DONE BEFORE, I APOLOGISE. PLEASE POINT ME TO THE RIGHT INFO AND I WILL GO AWAY)

ISRAEL steps in? WHY? LOL That is about as stupid a comment as I have seen. Sorry to say that but that would be like putting a loaded gun to your head and pulling the trigger. Israel HAS NO INTENTION NOR WILL IT EVER desire to have IRAQ. They have enough to concern themselves with day by day. Seriously please think before you say something next time. I wouldnt have said a thing but this is just another over the top statement made on this site and I could not stand by and not say something.

Maybe it was a joke on your part and I didnt grasp that... If that is the case I appologize in advance.

EGK, I sure hope you are just trying to be funny. If not, please take care of yourself. Get someone to talk with, if you really need it. I hope you are just playing. This investment is not worth giving up on yourself. We all need to get a life without it. Take care of you.

Jokes are no good if you put LOL or smiley faces after them. I will of course sell the notes and take the money and buy something to make me happy...like a new guitar or a modesto california prostitute...

• Upvote 1

ISRAEL steps in? WHY? LOL That is about as stupid a comment as I have seen. Sorry to say that but that would be like putting a loaded gun to your head and pulling the trigger. Israel HAS NO INTENTION NOR WILL IT EVER desire to have IRAQ. They have enough to concern themselves with day by day. Seriously please think before you say something next time. I wouldnt have said a thing but this is just another over the top statement made on this site and I could not stand by and not say something.

Maybe it was a joke on your part and I didnt grasp that... If that is the case I appologize in advance.

My Goodness.... The Joker would say "Why so serious?"

I'm simply asking a question: what would the scenario be in your view if Iraq does not RV. I'm giving some silly examples of potential scenarios.

I'm not claiming anything about Israel, nor am I joking. I'm trying to get people's grey matter to work....

Apologies accepted. But loosen up mate....

Well, thanks for nothing people.

I didnt' ask "what should I do when it doesn't RV".... All these lame responses "my success is not dependent on the RV" and "then the dinars are useless wallpaper"....

Lame, guys. Really lame.

I was trying to get an economical outlook on what this would mean for Iraq and Iraq's economy.

Out of all the answers less than a handful came back with a sensible response, saying that Iraq can become part of the WTO with the exchange ratio as it is today.

The point I was getting at, is that IF Iraq is a wealthy nation and IF Iraq will see a lot of economical developments ( schools, infrastructure, airports, buildings, etc) it will only be logical that the currency value will go up as the market will drive it up. And instead of the CBI, it will be traders and speculators who will benefit.

I was trying to get to a shared conclusion ( hoping for it) that Iraq will simply have to RV for their own sake.

Maybe I was trying too hard for quasi-securities here and maybe I deserved the lame answers I got.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

• Upvote 2

They have to have a recognized currency to trade on a even level with the world. They certainly can't rely on the US dollar for ever. What happens if the dollar tanks? Iraq tanks with it. There is no true economic value for them not to RV. They have to give their people a better life or IMO the trees will have a bunch of new ornaments hanging from them..Major civil war and a new dictator or Iran will expand its border and consume Iraq. IMO

• Upvote 1

I am preparing a suicide room. I have a rope with a noose and a chair in case I choose that method. A bed with a wide assortment of pills and booze and a gun on the night stand. I have a full bath and a toaster. I have a hose in the window from the car. I have a boa constrictor and scorpions. And if all else fails my ex wife said she would make sure and she said she will get the most satisfaction out of slow torture and she donated handcuffs and leg irons. She always was sort of kinky.

Gee, how many are you taking with you??? May I suggest my ex-husband? LOL :D:P

• Upvote 2

If they don't RV, they can still build a strong and prosperous economy. Japan did it, South Korea did it, why couldn't Iraq do it with today's rate? When IQD starts trading and becomes convertible, the exchange rate will adjust to a more realistic level over time. Although it could take years or a decade.

It will take decades or longer for Iraq before they reach the industrialization levels of Japan and S.Korea.............Besides, for their own Culture those Countries are extremely well-organized,, with no particular inner conflicts ( within the very Countries, I mean) and their productivity levels are at the top....So they can afford having a low Currency.

• Upvote 1

It will take decades or longer for Iraq before they reach the industrialization levels of Japan and S.Korea.............Besides, for their own Culture those Countries are extremely well-organized,, with no particular inner conflicts ( within the very Countries, I mean) and their productivity levels are at the top....So they can afford having a low Currency.

I agree, but at one point Japan was defeated and ruined, and after a nuclear attack, and they recovered. In fifties Korea was waging a civil war, and look at the south now... Isn't Iraq in the same boat now? Kurds will most likely separate. They're not happy to live with Arabs, and they wanted to be a self governing nation, living in their own state for so long. We might see a new Kurdistan Republic before an RV, and new internationally recognized Kurdish currency, before IQD hits Forex markets. There is no national unity in today's Iraq, but there is so much national pride in Kurd nation. Iraqi politicians are corrupt and they don't care about Iraqi people, and about the future of Iraq, but the opposite is true for Kurdistan and Kurds in general. I wouldn't be surprised if we trade our Dinars for the new Kurdish currency before we see an IQD RV.

I asked Adam this in the last chat and his answer was "forever". Technically true of course and I assume that Adam didn't want to elaborate for time reasons.

So let's look at the question here, ok?

In my understanding, Iraq will move into the WTO sometime soon. They want to finalise the checklist, cross the i's and dot the t's and all that.

( HCL, Erbil, Chap 7, Banking reform, yadda yadda)....

So my question is: what would be the downside for Iraq if they keep on postponing this.

I'd like to understand the dynamics, as that analysis will tell us what a natural deadline would be.

This sort of scenario analysis supports us in managing expectations.

Happy for Adam to not want to go there for his reasons, but maybe we can have a go at it.

Scenario 1:

Iraq keeps on lingering and stalling and doesn't get out of Chap7, doesn't fix the Erbil, etc etc...

What will happen then? US withdraws? Civil war? Iran steps in? Israel steps in? What?

Scenario 2:

Iraq ticks off all the steps ( Chap7, Erbil etc) but doesn't RV the currency. Then what?

Will Corporate America/Europe move in and rape the country?

Etc etc

Your thoughts are more than welcome.

( IF THIS HAS BEEN DONE BEFORE, I APOLOGISE. PLEASE POINT ME TO THE RIGHT INFO AND I WILL GO AWAY)

Your question makes sense. At least it is intelligent and the end result of a good answer would lead to a possible end date senario. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone has the answer. Iraq can do anything that they want. The RV is probably tied to the people with the real money so I think it will in fact RV but It's anyones guess as to when that is. GOOD question!

• Upvote 1

Gee, how many are you taking with you??? May I suggest my ex-husband? LOL :D:P

The more the merrier...I have dibs on the bath tub toaster... he has to bring mixers if he doesn't want to wash any pills down with straight liquor. And just so people know I don't really have a suicide room... ;) a smile and a wink...

If the RV doesn't happen I plan on pouring honey all over me and going to yellowstone national forest.... Bears are thorough.

I agree, but at one point Japan was defeated and ruined, and after a nuclear attack, and they recovered. In fifties Korea was waging a civil war, and look at the south now... Isn't Iraq in the same boat now?

End Quote

And I agree with you ... But, as I said, the Cutlures are totally different.. Unless you transplant a Japanese way of thinking into the Iraqis... I see it very difficult... jmho.

Funny, I used to be on this site everyday, and decided that it was a waste of time. You get all pumped up because you hear, "it will happen soon", "we are close", "I won't give a date, but with all the things going on, we are closer than ever before". People, enjoy your life, get off of this website, and let your investment do whatever it's going to do. This site, or any other, will not make it RV any faster. I have been invested since 2006, and I have been on this site for around 2 years or so and I see the same posts over and over. The same hype, over and over. You made the investment and knew it was a risk. I made this investment thinking it would take 20 years before it paid off. We must be realists people! These things take time, and Iraq is pretty messed up-still! Do not believe the hype each week that it will be this Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. You will not need this site to know that the exchange rate has risen to an amount worth cashing in for. Don't get me wrong, there is a lot of valuable information provided by DV, thank you Adam and all who take the time and effort to bring us news all in one forum. BUT, life is too short to waste it on the empty words of others who really do not know what is going to happen. Unless you are the one making the decision, you really don't know. Contacts are as good as the information they can provide which can be proven how? Exactly! Be smart people! Invest only what you can afford to lose and let it ride! You will be less stressed if you don't come on here every other hour or more than once a day/week. I was obsessed with DV, but realized that once this hits, you will find out way before you have a chance to log into DV.

LOL, I was sooooo obsessed with this site and I am proud that I didn't need rehab to get back to life before DV! I get on a couple times a month now and I find myself spending time with my family, enjoying this life that we get one chance at. With the holiday seasons coming, don't waste the days away from your loved ones waiting on the next announcement that will come and go regarding some date in the not so distant future. Relax, rest, and let your investment run its course. It will be what it will be when it chooses to be.

Good luck to all, I pray no one is loosing their life savings over all the hype. I believe it will happen, but it's too stressful to stay on the RV ride without a roadmap. As I write this, some may view this as a bash post, trust me, it is not. I pray this helps at least one person to be smart about this investment, the time they put into it, and avoid causing drama in their lives. I was more interested in the news on DV than I was with my responsibilities as a wife and mother; to spend quality time with those I love. Life is too short people. Get off the internet and enjoy it. :)

P.S. I could care less about negative or positive feedback. For some reason, I was compelled to write this (as I never post on here hardly ever, I prefer to read and analize this site) so take it for what it's worth to you. Have a wonderful 4th quarter of 2011. Happy Holidays!

• Upvote 1

If they don't RV, they can still build a strong and prosperous economy. Japan did it, South Korea did it, why couldn't Iraq do it with today's rate? When IQD starts trading and becomes convertible, the exchange rate will adjust to a more realistic level over time. Although it could take years or a decade.

I agree with you. Iraq has many natural resources in their pocket. In my opinion the IQD will appreciate over time. Let's not be greedy!

If it doens't happen no big deal, we all are living without a RV.....chances are there will be no big RV. A good saying that is always true if something

sounds to good to be true it usually is....and i feel that way with the dinar and a large RV happening.

Feel sorry for the people that are really depending on a RV to get out of debit and turn there lives around.

If it doens't happen no big deal, we all are living without a RV.....chances are there will be no big RV. A good saying that is always true if something

sounds to good to be true it usually is....and i feel that way with the dinar and a large RV happening.

Feel sorry for the people that are really depending on a RV to get out of debit and turn there lives around.

Not me, boy!! I don't think that's a good saying, at least not to apply to everything. There are many times when this "saying" undermines all that people are striving to achieve. This is one of them. Of course, one should not spend the "rent money" on this, and one should try to manage to have a life without it, but there are many of us who can (and should) logically and sensibly count on this. I am among them. My circumstances must be very different from yours--that I admit. So the fact of a large RV is set in stone for me. It's going to happen. That's just how it is. End of story!!

Not me, boy!! I don't think that's a good saying, at least not to apply to everything. There are many times when this "saying" undermines all that people are striving to achieve. This is one of them. Of course, one should not spend the "rent money" on this, and one should try to manage to have a life without it, but there are many of us who can (and should) logically and sensibly count on this. I am among them. My circumstances must be very different from yours--that I admit. So the fact of a large RV is set in stone for me. It's going to happen. That's just how it is. End of story!!

Nothing in life is guaranteed especially when it comes to Iraq, I am going to live my life like it wont happen and if it does..sweet :D

Exactly what I was thinking. It will naturally happen if they accomplish what they need to...but may take longer than the people are willing to wait. The world is sinking money into that country looking for a return on their investment. If the return isn't there, they will pull back and I believe that would lead to civil war in that country and possibly Iran moving in to take advantage of the unrest.