Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

***Today i am starting a juice fast***

easyrider

I have always wanted to try to do a fast. Ive looked inot a water fast and i dont think i can do it so i decided to go with a green juice fast only for healing. I have had high blood pressure for about 3 years. I am thin and in shape and have played sports my whole life but my diet wasn't too good, I constantly drank alcohol and ate fast food and didnt really get veggies and fruits in my diet and i do believe that was a factor that led to it but it is def. genetics also. I recently started juicing about 8 months ago but have never tried to fast only on green juice for 7 days straight without solid food to detox. I do believe the body can heal itself and what God has put on this earth. I need to detoxify my body and that is what i plan to do and im hoping i can throw away my HBP medicine and start living a different lifestyle eating a lot better and cutting out the processed food. I have always been inspired by people that can fast and control themselves into getting healthy so wish me luck today is Day 1 for me and I'll keep posted on how my progress goes for 7 days.

• Upvote 14

Wow! It is certainly a coincidence that I got on and read this today. I wish you the best of luck easyrider, because it is not easy at all. I know... I am on hour 49 right now... not a juice fast though... nothing but water. I wanted to start out small and am shooting for 72 to 86 hours. Again, good luck to you!

• Upvote 2

Wow! It is certainly a coincidence that I got on and read this today. I wish you the best of luck easyrider, because it is not easy at all. I know... I am on hour 49 right now... not a juice fast though... nothing but water. I wanted to start out small and am shooting for 72 to 86 hours. Again, good luck to you!

LOL Wow thats amazing. Yes, I have heard the water fast is very hard but i know you can do it. A close friend of mine did a 7 day water fast for wrestling before and well he told me the first 3 days are the roughest then it gets easier. thanks for the support and yes tis is well over due i should have done this a while ago but i am going full on starting today. I think its very important to detoxify the body frm time to time because it makes u feel really healthy and hoping to change my diet to get off the HBP meds.

hell yea Easy thats great man. I hope you succeed. The body CAN heal its self without all the complex chemical bs the pharmaceutical compainies try and feed us. Ever heard of Bruce Lipton? Look him up. He explains it the best. Iv gone a few weeks just on a handful of food and water a day, but 7 days with no food! right on.

Its funny there was this study these scientist did on volume of food consumed by mice, and the mice they starved actually doubled their life span. Not saying we should starve ourselves but I think a majority of the population does eat themselves to death in some way or another. Especially with all the crap they put in food nowadays.

Anyways good luck man :twothumbs:

Wow, I'm impressed. Good luck to you guys. I want to tell you about something I've been hearing about lately. It is called Fulvic Acid. It is supposed to be a really good antioxidant and it's supposed to have quite a few other benefits. I am definitely going to try this. Just wanted to share with you since you guys are obviously very health conscious. Good luck again!!!

Edited by Zelda

You will make it!! My wife and daughter have done it. I am dragging my feet a little. I work construction all day and am afraid of not having the energy I need. So take that into consideration. Pace yourself, think twice about overdoing anything that may zap your fuel supply.

But the other end of the fast WILL be better.!! :twothumbs::tiphat:

I have always wanted to try to do a fast. Ive looked inot a water fast and i dont think i can do it so i decided to go with a green juice fast only for healing. I have had high blood pressure for about 3 years. I am thin and in shape and have played sports my whole life but my diet wasn't too good, I constantly drank alcohol and ate fast food and didnt really get veggies and fruits in my diet and i do believe that was a factor that led to it but it is def. genetics also. I recently started juicing about 8 months ago but have never tried to fast only on green juice for 7 days straight without solid food to detox. I do believe the body can heal itself and what God has put on this earth. I need to detoxify my body and that is what i plan to do and im hoping i can throw away my HBP medicine and start living a different lifestyle eating a lot better and cutting out the processed food. I have always been inspired by people that can fast and control themselves into getting healthy so wish me luck today is Day 1 for me and I'll keep posted on how my progress goes for 7 days.

Wow!!! I have been on a carrot juice and apple juice fast for a few days now. I go on a fast every couple of months. To add to my fast, for the first couple of days, I drink sea salt water (1 quart water with 2 T salt) first thing in the morning...it flushes any residue out from your colon. the uniodized (sea salt) salt does not go through your kidneys where as the iodized salt will. Fasting is so good for your body, and I do wish you luck. Not only does it remove toxins from your body, but helps in the healing process of diabetes, heart problems, etc.

Oh! G' luck Delta...I'm on my 3rd day of trying to quit <_< .

I fee your pain...LoL I'm on the patches, which have helped before. But, living

alone, it's so easy to cheat. It's a mind-set thing, and my mind changes 2 often.

My body, heart & mind need to be smoke-free, so I'm really trying harder this time.

Lotsa luck to Us both! ;)

• Upvote 1

:D

I have always wanted to try to do a fast. Ive looked inot a water fast and i dont think i can do it so i decided to go with a green juice fast only for healing. I have had high blood pressure for about 3 years. I am thin and in shape and have played sports my whole life but my diet wasn't too good, I constantly drank alcohol and ate fast food and didn't really get veggies and fruits in my diet and i do believe that was a factor that led to it but it is def. genetics also. I recently started juicing about 8 months ago but have never tried to fast only on green juice for 7 days straight without solid food to detox. I do believe the body can heal itself and what God has put on this earth. I need to detoxify my body and that is what i plan to do and I'm hoping i can throw away my HBP medicine and start living a different lifestyle eating a lot better and cutting out the processed food. I have always been inspired by people that can fast and control themselves into getting healthy so wish me luck today is Day 1 for me and I'll keep posted on how my progress goes for 7 days.

Hey Easy, while I don"t know if I could fast on just juice for seven days, But my Wife will make me a juice almosy every morning, I get everything in a glass about the size of a coffee cup, carrots, cabbage broccoli, peppers, apples,celery. potato's, corn, man if it's healthy and she can juice it, it goes in there! I too eat like crap and drink too often, so this god awful concoction gives me a little peace of mind, I do want to be healthy but outside influences and pure laziness resort me back to the simple fixes AKA. Beer and Pizza. A trick I have to use is to kinda plug my nose and just chug it down as if it were a shot of whiskey or something. Note the straight up veggie drinks will stink up the whole house and the taste is awful, she always try to throw a little apple in those to combat the terrible flavor. Oh and the mess those things make is another story, you need to clean asap[ Or should I say Lala needs to clean asap] I'm such a ass! But really the fruit flies seem to appear in about a half hour if you leave the skins and stuff sit in the machine, P.S stay close to a bathroom, at least for me, the sudden goodness shock to my system reeked havoc on my, Well you Know! at least till you get used to it, Good luck, and happy juicing.....................

Hey Easy... best to you. I only do the a water fast under extreme situations now a days. I feel like I don't have anything to prove after doing fasts for a lot a lot a years. What I'm doing lately is considered a "cleansing fast"... I recommend it to everybody, esp. with our American diet... and esp. to anybody over 40.

Here's the mix...

per quart of water, add approx. 1/4 cup real maple syrup, squeeze the juice from 1 whole lemon into it, and a pinch of cayenne pepper to taste. Drink from 6 - 8 full glasses of this mixture per day, or more as needed for energy to get you through the day. If you start feeling weak, or overly hungry... drink some more. Supplement with water on top of this drink as needed.

Here is what it does: the maple syrup gives you energy, and is totally unrefined and undigested (that can't be said for honey... bees "digest" the honey in order to produce it). It is the only fast I have been able to accomplish and still keep up my rigorous work schedule (many recommend 7-10 days for a good cleanse, but I have gone up to 14 days with no solid foods on my initial cleanse because my system was so messed up). The lemon and cayenne help cleanse your system... especially your colon, which can reduce your risk of cancer, and improve your overall health and energy level.

I try to do this once a year for my health, and it helps keep my eating habits under control as well. Some call variations of this "The Master Cleanse" (link- http://themastercleanse.org/ ) ... I am sure you can Google this for more details.. I got it from a book years ago, but can't remember the name. Hope that helps anyone interested in improving your health and benefiting from the attributes of fasting. Not everyone is cut out for hard core water fasts, or even normal juice fasts... like I said, this is the only one in the last 30+ years that I have found that I can keep working 100% and not feel overly hungry. Best to ya easy and anyone else who attempts any kind of fast... remember, if you have any health issues consult a physician first. Take care!biggrin.gif

I work construction all day and am afraid of not having the energy I need. So take that into consideration. Pace yourself, think twice about overdoing anything that may zap your fuel supply.

haymon... I work construction/remodeling too... give this one a try for energy... esp. after the 3 day mark you won't feel that hunger pangs and the maple syrup will give you the energy to get through your day. Good luck!

Edited by RodandStaff

===========

I was thinking the same thing but mine will be a little different. :blink: I have decided that my fast will be no food or water ....at all...until the RV happens. :surgeon: If it takes a few days then no problem. :eyebrows:

If it end up taking few more weeks..a month or a year then so be it. :wave: Maybe I will make the news media and word gets back to Iraq :ph34r: . Perhaps they will sympathize and get this RV under way and completed do to my sacrifice. By that time it will be too late for me :wacko: but it should help all of you left here on earth. I won't be here but will at least know that I have done my part in making this world a better place for all. -_- . :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

===========

I was thinking the same thing but mine will be a little different. :blink: I have decided that my fast will be no food or water ....at all...until the RV happens. :surgeon: If it takes a few days then no problem. :eyebrows:

If it end up taking few more weeks..a month or a year then so be it. :wave: Maybe I will make the news media and word gets back to Iraq :ph34r: . Perhaps they will sympathize and get this RV under way and completed do to my sacrifice. By that time it will be too late for me :wacko: but it should help all of you left here on earth. I won't be here but will at least know that I have done my part in making this world a better place for all. -_- . :rolleyes:

Hopefully sooner!... if later than R.I.P. brother! wink.gif

Good for you! Wishing you the very best. Getting on a healthy eating schedule is hard for many people, certainly for me. Fast paced lifstyles and quick food choices don't always equal healthy eating! Cheers to you for taking the step!!

:twothumbs::woot::woot::bow::D

I have a question about doing these fasts. Does anyone get weak from doing a fast? I have never done a fast before but I do diet alot. My last diet was the Cabbage Soup Diet and after 3 days I was feeling real bad and weak. I like salads and vegtables, eat fast food once a week [subWay] and also drink. I had a juicier awhile ago and when I did alot of juicing was weak all the time. :( My doctor says I need to eat alot of protein.

I know fasting is not easy, "easy". Haha. My church as a congregation does a seven day water fast the first full week of each year and ends it with the communion service and foot washing. Pastor asks us to do a minimum of 3 days. It is a spiritual endeavor. We meet at church each night for prayer for about an hour and a half and seek the face of God. It is amazing how good you feel when you make the flesh submit to your spirit. I have been able to make the full 7 days on a few occasions. I didn't feel like it got much easier at any particular time.

I salute you for your effort and would only add that you might want to incorporate a spiritual desire to have a closer walk with God and pray fervently during your fast for strength and healing. :)

Edited by billbill

I have a question about doing these fasts. Does anyone get weak from doing a fast? I have never done a fast before but I do diet alot. My last diet was the Cabbage Soup Diet and after 3 days I was feeling real bad and weak. I like salads and vegtables, eat fast food once a week [subWay] and also drink. I had a juicier awhile ago and when I did alot of juicing was weak all the time. :( My doctor says I need to eat alot of protein.

The Master Cleanse fast with real maple syrup takes care of the weakness while still giving you all the benefits of the fast, in fact it gives you benefits that a straight water or juice fast doesn't because of the cleansing agents (lemon juice and cayenne) that are in the drink you use (see above post for more details). Some of the "feeling bad" part can be the fact that a fast "cleanses" some of the toxins out of your body... and when that happens you can tend to feel crummy until they pass through your body. After that though... you should feel much better.

I don't promote this as a "diet" but I average in a 10 day fast losing around 20 lbs. (for guys), my wife doesn't lose quite as much. The other benefits are what appeal to me the most though... I feel better, more energy, cleanses your colon and other areas of your body. It's worth looking into.

The Master Cleanse fast with real maple syrup takes care of the weakness while still giving you all the benefits of the fast, in fact it gives you benefits that a straight water or juice fast doesn't because of the cleansing agents (lemon juice and cayenne) that are in the drink you use (see above post for more details). Some of the "feeling bad" part can be the fact that a fast "cleanses" some of the toxins out of your body... and when that happens you can tend to feel crummy until they pass through your body. After that though... you should feel much better.

I don't promote this as a "diet" but I average in a 10 day fast losing around 20 lbs. (for guys), my wife doesn't lose quite as much. The other benefits are what appeal to me the most though... I feel better, more energy, cleanses your colon and other areas of your body. It's worth looking into.

Benefits of juicing are: mental clarity, removeing toxins and feeling lighter, losing weight, happier in all aspects, more blood flow to organs (even mens special organ) and through the body, clear skin. Eventually more energy aafter detoxing.

side effects are : hunger, acne from detoxing, headaches, possible flu like symptoms, fatigue, weak. all these will only last for a short time its very important to listen to our bodies and to hang in there i have a long road ahead of me had my first cup of juice just a lil bit ago and i am already getting hungry this will be a challenge but I am willing to take it. I do believe it wil all be worth it in the end of feeling a lot better about my health.

• Upvote 1

forget the fast, if you want to clean out?

eat a big bag of "flamin' hot cheetos" and wash it down with a pot of coffee :)

Thats too funny, ya know your sitting there and say to yourself what the hell did I eat, kinda like the next morning after eating a bunch a hot peppers before going to bed. Oh God sorry a little too much info.............................................Ha!

Don't exclude water. Water works wonders on the body. Especially healing. Just a suggestion.