Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

RV is in the UST, waiting on law

Aqua Dude

The RV is not dependent on Arbil, HCL, or Chap 7....here is what the professionals had to say at The World Bank - 'Launch of the Republic of Iraq Financial Sector Review'. These are people who are directly involved with Iraqs banking reform, not media outlets, not bloggers, not people in the GOI that think they know what they are talking about, not GURUs, not ME......ONLY PEOPLE THAT COUNT IN THIS MATTER!!!

see below and see referenced attachment for proof that i just didn't make this up:

"We need the adoption of the permanent securities law to permit the public relations and securities markets. " (attachment Page 32 Line 2)

-Ms. Inger Petersen, Vice President for the Middle East and North Africa Region

"Adoption of the permanent securities law, it's not really so much a technical problem than a matter of a decision at the highest level and political will. So we hopein this scope of recommendation that some decision really be taken now and decision taken relatively fast." (attachment Page 53 Line 8)

-Mr. Loic Chiquier, Finance and Private Sector Development Director

The RV(reform) has already happened, it just isn't live because Iraq has to pass the above said law!!!! see quote below:

"For example, you see the payment system is one of the good, main outcomes of the reforms that took place which has been supported by U.S. Treasury and it's there operating, all banks are connected." (attachment Page 44 Line 8) :woot:

-Mr. Sahar Nasr, Iraq Banking System reform Task Team Leader

MRA 1901 Iraq Banking System.doc

+1 if you like REAL posts with solid proof like this, +1 if you think we have RV'd(the cake is done) just waiting for the icing to be finished(securities law), +1 if you like the direct reference to the attachment i posted which are the minutes of the 'Launch of the Republic of Iraq Financial Sector Review'

:tiphat:

-1 if you are a basher, Lopster, or 'guru' planning on using my research as your intel and making it seem like you did all the work

:mad:

+1 if you would like to add AQUA DUDE as your new DINAR GURU, like me! By the way, dude, I gave you the +1.

And Mary something-or-other said that Kapperoni said it first. BS You are the GURU AQUA DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 5

So what exactly are you trying to say with this post Aqua Dude??

One of the highlighted parts you posted, is speaking about how good it is to have all the banks in IRAQ connected and working together to reform the system....which is important....but your headline is speaking about the RV being in the UST?? blink.gif

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 15

So what exactly are you trying to say with this post Aqua Dude??

One of the highlighted parts you posted, is speaking about how good it is to have all the banks in IRAQ connected and working together to reform the system....which is important....but your headline is speaking about the RV being in the UST?? blink.gif

Keep!! I have missed you!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 8

biggrin.gif Good Work :-) Kaperoni chatted about this this a.m. so I am afraid you were beaten to the punch! Nonetheless, Good Job and I really believe that this IS IS IS the MISSING PIECE!!!

GO RV feature_party.giftip_hat.gif

Yes, Kaperoni DID CHAT about it...BUT DID NOT provide the facts by posting links!!! Good

job and thanks Aqua Dude!!! biggrin.gif Veronica

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I found somthing that may be of interest as well

Per capita income or income per person is a measure of mean income within an economic aggregate, such as a country or city. It is calculated by taking a measure of all sources of income in the aggregate (such as GDP or Gross National Income) and dividing it by the total population. It does not attempt to reflect the distribution of income or wealth.

GDP per capita is gross domestic product divided by midyear population. GDP is the sum of gross value added by all resident producers in the economy plus any product taxes and minus any subsidies not included in the value of the products. It is calculated without making deductions for depreciation of fabricated assets or for depletion and degradation of natural resources. Data are in current U.S. dollars

Talabani said in his speech:

"per capita income of the Iraqi individual would increase to 8000 Dollar per year" (attachment Page 2 line 2)

-Iraqi Present Talibani

VIDEO: http://www.unmultimedia.org/tv/webcast/2010/12/security-council-media-stakeout-33.html

TEXT: http://gadebate.un.org/sites/default/files/gastatements/66/IQ_en.pdf

talabani_speech.pdf

So you go to World Bank data:

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GDP.PCAP.CD/countries

And look for Iraq and find $2,565 for 2010

take $8000 Per cap income and divide it by $2565 GDP per cap and you get $3.11

Looks like by 2014 the IQD will be at least $3....Talibani said this part of a 5 year plan for 2010-2014(attachment page 1 bottom paragraph)

what you guys think?

Edited by Aqua Dude
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I agree with KEEPmwlkfny. ANd I am not being a downer or sarcastic. What does this have to do with being in the UST and an RV. Securities laws need to be passed and they are talking about the ISX am I correct. That is NOT a small task and could take a while.

I am confused as to why this is the BEST news ever? We all know there is progress being made in IRAQ but this post doesn't warrant the foregoing conclusion that the RV is immenant and already in the UST!

Sorry, I want the DINAR to RV too but reading this article doesn't make me say ... WOW, it has really happened! THese articles are up to interpretation!!! PERIOD! :unsure:

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

The RV is not dependent on Arbil, HCL, or Chap 7....here is what the professionals had to say at The World Bank - 'Launch of the Republic of Iraq Financial Sector Review'. These are people who are directly involved with Iraqs banking reform, not media outlets, not bloggers, not people in the GOI that think they know what they are talking about, not GURUs, not ME......ONLY PEOPLE THAT COUNT IN THIS MATTER!!!

see below and see referenced attachment for proof that i just didn't make this up:

"We need the adoption of the permanent securities law to permit the public relations and securities markets. " (attachment Page 32 Line 2)

-Ms. Inger Petersen, Vice President for the Middle East and North Africa Region

"Adoption of the permanent securities law, it's not really so much a technical problem than a matter of a decision at the highest level and political will. So we hopein this scope of recommendation that some decision really be taken now and decision taken relatively fast." (attachment Page 53 Line 8)

-Mr. Loic Chiquier, Finance and Private Sector Development Director

The RV(reform) has already happened, it just isn't live because Iraq has to pass the above said law!!!! see quote below:

"For example, you see the payment system is one of the good, main outcomes of the reforms that took place which has been supported by U.S. Treasury and it's there operating, all banks are connected." (attachment Page 44 Line 8) :woot:

-Mr. Sahar Nasr, Iraq Banking System reform Task Team Leader

MRA 1901 Iraq Banking System.doc

+1 if you like REAL posts with solid proof like this, +1 if you think we have RV'd(the cake is done) just waiting for the icing to be finished(securities law), +1 if you like the direct reference to the attachment i posted which are the minutes of the 'Launch of the Republic of Iraq Financial Sector Review'

:tiphat:

-1 if you are a basher, Lopster, or 'guru' planning on using my research as your intel and making it seem like you did all the work

:mad:

The problem with this is that the actual doc (unlike Aqua's "translation") does not mention RV and uses reform to talk about reforms to the financial sector, i.e. transparency, and governance and what not. This has nothing to do with an exchange rate at all. Indeed the "banks are connected", connected to the country wide payment system, not some mythical RV connection. This has nothing directly to do with a change to the exchange rate. Its only talking about progress in the financial infrastructure of the country, and such progress certainly is a good thing. There also is no such thing as an RV that 'isn't live". The reforms the doc talks about are all reforms to the financial infrastructure, not anything that could be seen as an RV (unless you've got those RV-colored 3D glasses on :) )
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

The problem with this is that the actual doc (unlike Aqua's "translation") does not mention RV and uses reform to talk about reforms to the financial sector, i.e. transparency, and governance and what not. This has nothing to do with an exchange rate at all. Indeed the "banks are connected", connected to the country wide payment system, not some mythical RV connection. This has nothing directly to do with a change to the exchange rate. Its only talking about progress in the financial infrastructure of the country, and such progress certainly is a good thing. There also is no such thing as an RV that 'isn't live". The reforms the doc talks about are all reforms to the financial infrastructure, not anything that could be seen as an RV (unless you've got those RV-colored 3D glasses on :) )

parties over....captain neg showed up

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Talabani said in his speech:

"per capita income of the Iraqi individual would increase to 8000 Dollar per year" (attachment Page 2 line 2)

-Iraqi Present Talibani

VIDEO: http://www.unmultimedia.org/tv/webcast/2010/12/security-council-media-stakeout-33.html

TEXT: http://gadebate.un.org/sites/default/files/gastatements/66/IQ_en.pdf

talabani_speech.pdf

So you go to World Bank data:

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GDP.PCAP.CD/countries

And look for Iraq and find $2,565 for 2010

take $8000 Per cap income and divide it by $2565 GDP per cap and you get $3.11

Looks like by 2014 the IQD will be at least $3....Talibani said this part of a 5 year plan for 2010-2014(attachment page 1 bottom paragraph)

what you guys think?

Oh good grief. If the current per capita income is $2,565 and (just for the sake of argument) they plan to get to $8,000 that is 3.11 TIMES the current value, not a $3.11 rate. If this per capita income was based on the exchange rate then that would mean we could expect the rate to go up by a factor of 3.11, or from $0.00086 to $0.0027 . Thus we would be able to double our money if bought in the $1200 per million range. If they add a 1000:1 RD on top of this the new dinar would come out at $2.70, but that doesn't help us of course we only get the RV part (minus the dealer spread we paid) which would be only 3.11:1 (or for us about 2:1).
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I agree completely

• Upvote 1