Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

GOLD AND SILVER NEAR FREE FALL

bigpapa

Interesting?

What are some thoughts around this one?

Stated by Kevin Campbell

Something has changed in the markets the last two weeks. In the months before September, gold and silver were inverse of the stock market. As the stock market fell, gold and silver rose. Suddenly, this month this inverse relationship ceased. Now, when the stock market falls, gold and silver are falling.

This is a tip off that deflation is winning the war with inflation as we move forward. Here are the facts supporting deflation that cannot be disputed:

1. Growing unemployment (16.9% and rising)

2. No bank lending (money not being lent into existence)

3. Contraction of M3 money supply due to destruction of wealth

4. Real Estate deleveraging

5. Baby boomers saving not spending

6. Loan defaults soaring

7. Oil prices falling

8. US Dollar rising in value .78 and up.

All of these virtually guarantee deflation is where we are heading. The evidence is now overwhelming and it will become more clear as the gold and silver bubbles begin to break and the world moves into

the US Dollar as a safe haven.

We should see wild swings in the markets for the next several months as news stories cause the super trading computers to overreact to every news release. We will most likely see several small bear rallies over the next few months until Europe finally falls apart and the market begins a massive move downward. By the summer of 2012, I would not be surprised to see the DOW fall to 5500 and gold fall to $500.

Those who protect themselves now with US dollars sitting on the sidelines will weather the storm and actually gain in value as the dollar soars in value. I have been unable to find any reliable source that can verify the world no longer wants the US Dollar as the reserve currency. My contacts in Europe and Asia all confirm the US Dollar is their currency of first choice. So this rumor of a dollar debasement is simply rumor. Most likely, those involved in the sale of gold and silver are the very same sources of this false rumor.

These metals dealers have spend millions peddling gold and silver on television and financial magazines. Now think about this, if gold and silver were the safe haven, why would these companies be so desperate to sell the metals for US dollars? Think about that question for a moment.

Does it mean they do not believe their own advertising? Why are they so desperate for these worthless dollars in exchange for their metals? I think if you follow the money, you will have your answer. They are making a killing and placing the risk in the hands of their buyers. But those holding gold and silver ETF’s are at higher risk. They are holding paper gold that may not be backed by an equal amount of physical gold. They are holding derivatives. As gold and silver crash, these folks will get wiped out!

In my opinion, the place to be is in cash, or US guaranteed treasuries. The rate of return is not important. Capital preservation is most important. Stock mutual funds, most stocks, gold and silver are dangerous to be holding in my opinion. My parents are both in their 80′s and I told them to get out of all stocks and get into cash, or cash equivalent safe instruments like Treasuries. Now is not the time to be looking for return.

• Upvote 1

To be honest I myself personally will be buying gold/silver when I have some extra cash. I know gold/silver will always be around...I'm not sure I can say the same about the Dollar.

Like I said, in my personal opinion I still would rather hold onto gold/silver than the dollar at this time.

GL with everything...and go RV!!!

I really do hope it happens soon...I'm ready to go home already Afghanistan sucks!

• Upvote 3

To be honest I myself personally will be buying gold/silver when I have some extra cash. I know gold/silver will always be around...I'm not sure I can say the same about the Dollar.

Like I said, in my personal opinion I still would rather hold onto gold/silver than the dollar at this time.

GL with everything...and go RV!!!

I really do hope it happens soon...I'm ready to go home already Afghanistan sucks!

I'll be buying alot more if it keeps dropping ..... but I just need to time it right so that I can sell what I have now without making a loss on it then buy back at a cheaper price later

Edited by The Machine
  • Upvote 2

Be very careful of what you read in the mass media. Think hard of what you seeing. First look at what happened to the Swiss Franc, the only partially hard currency. People were flocking to it. What did they do? They killed it overnight by linking it to the Euro. The last hard currency was gone. What was left - gold and silver.

The first thing you have to remember is that all markets are carefully manipulated computer programs. A week ago gold, silver and the stock market were down giving the impression that deflation and depression was on its way. But yesterday the stock market magically rallied, but left the metals trailing. That speaks of a hidden smack down for metal. A way to shake down the ordinary investor. Also don't forget there was a margin increase for silver that makes it the metal with the highest margin.

And then we have this video of the psychotic 'trader' who dreams of a recession and tells us that there is a way to make money during recessions - simply hold the dollar and thirty year bonds. How nice for the US Government? Then the bizarre news that Warren Buffet's company is holding 48 billion in cash. Strange then that I have seen Warren Buffet on video saying only the insane would keep cash and he only keeps enough for his outgoings.

You are being systematically programmed to get rid of your metals.

The Feb has printed trillions and intends to print more! Mathematically speaking the dollar must die in such a scenario. All Fiat currencies have a finite life - this is not my opinion but a fact. The dollar is due to die and be replaced by a currency that is metal backed. So they don't want you to be holding metals or you will suddenly become very, very rich.

Metal has ALWAYS kept its value over time. Remember too that ALL central banks hoard gold. They don't do it for 'tradition' as Ben Bernanke claims, but because it is fiat currencies' greatest and most aggressive competitor. And they will do ALL they can to keep its price down. Think hard before you sell your gold and silver for worthless paper. One last thing, if you check silver's price you will see that despite all their efforts it is rallying hard. Keep you eyes open dinar family.

• Upvote 10

Well said Tyron +1 ...... theres alot of truth in waht you just said there ...... it is interesting what has been happening lately with the markets.

I wonder how low this is gonna go .... right now its at about £1,033 / oz ...... if it drops anywayere near the mid £900's I'm gonna be all over it with everything I got same with silver .....

The thing that bugs me is the gold and silver I currently have is depreciating ..... if I sell it now hoping to buy back say next week at a lower price I also run the risk of missing the boat altogether and having to buy back at an even highter rate if it bounces back quicker than I thought it would lol ..... real head scratcher :shakehead:

Edited by The Machine
  • Upvote 1

Well said Tyron +1 ...... theres alot of truth in waht you just said there ...... it is interesting what has been happening lately with the markets.

I wonder how low this is gonna go .... right now its at about £1,033 / oz ...... if it drops anywayere near the mid £900's I'm gonna be all over it with everything I got same with silver .....

The thing that bugs me is the gold and silver I currently have is depreciating ..... if I sell it now hoping to buy back say next week at a lower price I also run the risk of missing the boat altogether and having to buy back at an even highter rate if it bounces back quicker than I thought it would lol ..... real head scratcher :shakehead:

You might not make the spread Machine. Besides a survey of metal investors found that those who bought and sold generally made less money than those who simply bought and held. Think of your metals as nothing more than money. You just keep it safe until the cycle for metals are complete and then you sell it and buy land, houses, factories etc :D Sorry just had to put in the factories.

• Upvote 1

Yes we all need to watch the SPIN CYCLE on the world machine.

Thru in the dirty news, then comes the soap and wash cycle ( cleaning up talk ), lots of rinse ( more clean and shinny talk )

and THEN the Spin ( the perfect answer ). But who is the perfect answer for?

You might not make the spread Machine. Besides a survey of metal investors found that those who bought and sold generally made less money than those who simply bought and held. Think of your metals as nothing more than money. You just keep it safe until the cycle for metals are complete and then you sell it and buy land, houses, factories etc :D Sorry just had to put in the factories.

Yeah your probably right ..... was just thinking there I only bought another 4 oz's of gold there last friday I think, should be delivered today ..... already at a loss lol ..... bought them @ £1,070/oz ah well. ..... I can always get more lol ........

What are your thought's on silver ..... I can see it apriciating in value soon, but how high is the big question ..... or how high will they let it go !!

• Upvote 1

Well said Tyron!!

If you want to know anything about Gold and Silver go and listen to Bob Chapman. He is one of the best and he is a guru. What he has said for the last 10 years has been spot on. I wish there was a 'Guru' in the Dinar community with his track record.

I am not selling my Gold or Silver.

I'm starting to get scared ........ hmmm gonna have to have a long hard think about what I'm doing with my gold n silver if it doesnt bounce back in the next week or two !!

Hold don't fold

If you need somecto getvby on sell a little

But hold most of it

IMHO

Yeah your probably right ..... was just thinking there I only bought another 4 oz's of gold there last friday I think, should be delivered today ..... already at a loss lol ..... bought them @ £1,070/oz ah well. ..... I can always get more lol ........

What are your thought's on silver ..... I can see it apriciating in value soon, but how high is the big question ..... or how high will they let it go !!

Nobody can really tell you how high it will go. But the fundamentals are - silver is the fastest disappearing metal in the world and above ground stocks held by America are almost depleted. There are plenty of videos out there to prove that. Some watchers are calling it the greatest investment of this century. The PTB will fight to the death to keep the price of silver down, because it means everything to the fate and value of fiat currency, but here's something interesting to bear in mind. No matter recession, depression, inflation the demand for silver has been rising over time. You can goggle the charts. And nobody, no matter how big can beat the market, especially with Asia thrown into the mix.

Interesting?

Stated by Kevin Campbell

Something has changed in the markets the last two weeks. In the months before September, gold and silver were inverse of the stock market. As the stock market fell, gold and silver rose. Suddenly, this month this inverse relationship ceased. Now, when the stock market falls, gold and silver are falling.

This is a tip off that deflation is winning the war with inflation as we move forward. Here are the facts supporting deflation that cannot be disputed:

6. Loan defaults soaring

7. Oil prices falling

All of these virtually guarantee deflation is where we are heading. The evidence is now overwhelming and it will become more clear as the gold and silver bubbles begin to break and the world moves into

We should see wild swings in the markets for the next several months as news stories cause the super trading computers to overreact to every news release. We will most likely see several small bear rallies over the next few months until Europe finally falls apart and the market begins a massive move downward. By the summer of 2012, I would not be surprised to see the DOW fall to 5500 and gold fall to $500.

Those who protect themselves now with US dollars sitting on the sidelines will weather the storm and actually gain in value as the dollar soars in value. I have been unable to find any reliable source that can verify the world no longer wants the US Dollar as the reserve currency. My contacts in Europe and Asia all confirm the US Dollar is their currency of first choice. So this rumor of a dollar debasement is simply rumor. Most likely, those involved in the sale of gold and silver are the very same sources of this false rumor.

These metals dealers have spend millions peddling gold and silver on television and financial magazines. Now think about this, if gold and silver were the safe haven, why would these companies be so desperate to sell the metals for US dollars? Think about that question for a moment.

Does it mean they do not believe their own advertising? Why are they so desperate for these worthless dollars in exchange for their metals? I think if you follow the money, you will have your answer. They are making a killing and placing the risk in the hands of their buyers. But those holding gold and silver ETF’s are at higher risk. They are holding paper gold that may not be backed by an equal amount of physical gold. They are holding derivatives. As gold and silver crash, these folks will get wiped out!

In my opinion, the place to be is in cash, or US guaranteed treasuries. The rate of return is not important. Capital preservation is most important. Stock mutual funds, most stocks, gold and silver are dangerous to be holding in my opinion. My parents are both in their 80′s and I told them to get out of all stocks and get into cash, or cash equivalent safe instruments like Treasuries. Now is not the time to be looking for return.

Interesting?

Stated by Kevin Campbell

6. Loan defaults soaring

7. Oil prices falling

• Downvote 2

Greetings! I read your opinion on gold and silver, and I do have to disagree with you. Probably the statement you made about "dollar debasement being a rumor" is far from the truth. I would direct you to google the Weimer Republic in Germany where paper money was printed with nothing behind it and a loaf of bread wound up costing $20,000.00.

We have come to a point in history, time, where the debt can never be paid back. You could increase everyone's taxes and take everything away from them, and it will not be enough. When governements become bankrupt, and ours has been for years, they have basically three choices: 1) Tell the world they are bankrupt, default, and let the chips fall where they may. 2) They try and sell their debt like treasuries ( which is a ponzie scheme ). and 3) If your lucky to have a printing press, like the US does, you just keep printing new money to pay past and currents debts, which debases the currency and the value of money.

Greece went bankrupt and at first didn't say it. They just kept trying to sell their debt by raising the interest rate on their bonds ( always a tip off that there is trouble ) . Then, because they don't have a printing press to just create more money at will, they had to finally announce that they were broke. The United States is broke, but they won't say it because they are lucky enough to have a printing press where they just keep printing more money at will to pay all the creditors. This action of printing more money debases the currency and makes it more worthless every day. By the way, this is nothing new. Every government throughout history who has used fiat ( substitute ) paper money instead of gold and silver, all come to the same end: bankrupt and a worthless currency.

You say how the metals dealers are basically running a scam because they are selling their metals for dollars. Well, while the dollar is loosing it's ability to be a storehouse of value, it is still a medium of exchange. Metal dealers sell their metals for a profit and then buy more metals. Dollars are still the medium of exchange, but metals are costing more and will continue to cost more ( premiums ). You didn't mention that on every corner is a store buying your gold , silver, etc. and paying you with dollars. If dollars were worth so much and gold and silver not, then why would people be parting with their good paper money to buy metals that are declining in value?

The recent market drop was a manipulation by the bullion banks to protect themselves from loosing billions through their "short contracts". This is nothing new and has been proved. Whenever the contract dates get close, they manipulate the prices down below their short position to make money. After the short date it always start going up. Also you have to remember that banks hate silver and gold because their money is substitute money that is loosing value all the time. An interesting point is that central banks used to be "NET SELLERS" of gold. Now they are "NET BUYERS" of gold! Guess what? They are buying because they even know that their own currency is becoming worthless. When the smoke clears, those with metals will be in the driver's seat.

Another thing is that by manipulating the market downward, people get scared and start selling their metals. After they sell, the very people who forced it downwards start to buy up the available supply.

The bottom line is that in 2008 the monetary system of the world collapsed and is still collapsed. Everything that has gone on since then, basically the printing of more money which is one of the reasons which caused it to collapse, has only made it look as though things were better, but it's still collapsed. It's all smoke and mirrors. It is my opinion that Europe is basically finished and that Germany will probably pull out of the Union within the year and start printing their own money again. All the money there is cannot save all the broke countries ( Spain, Greece, Ireland, Portugal, France, etc. ). AFter the EU goes, the US wil go. In the end, any dollar denominated investments will be worthless because of the government's stated program ( through Bernekie's own mouth ) of dollar debasement ( which you said is only a rumor). Gold and silver will soar in price ( gold will probably hit $2000 by year's end and silver will go back to $50 or above ) and those without metals will be in for a rough reality.

:o)

:) You only lose money when you sell- Dont sell anything just buy. Cant buy the forget it until you can Waiting is sometimes surprising. Some times when buying Silver you can buy maybe 5 oz and save a few dollars. Buying 10 oz will save even more but remember it wiil cost more.So buy what you can afford and dont over do it. Keep a cool head.-Keep this in mind----When the PIGS are Fat they get Slaughtered---So dont get greedy ..GOD,s word says this -to not get greedy. It talks about this in Proverbs and the rest of the Bible. In the Old Test. it shows what can happen when greed sets in. Remember The HOGS get SLAUGHTERED when Fat. Be careful -mind what you do and In All Things Acknowledge The LORD--1st things 1st----Blessings Vern :):twocents::tiphat: Edited by vern

I will have to disagree with the article. As an individual who works in precious metals I can tell you that demand is off the charts. Some metals I know have a 6 week wait. As far as the price dropping please be advise that they have changed the margin requirements yet again. Every time they do this the price falls. If the dollar was such a safe haven then why did France and Austria put limits on the amounts of gold and silver that you can buy in cash.

http://www.shtfplan.com/precious-metals/banks-governments-move-to-restrict-personal-gold-bullion-purchases_09092011

http://www.prisonplanet.com/france-bans-cash-sales-of-gold-silver-over-600.html

Sorry not good at the link thing. The paper market on metals is manipulated. You will see a price drop before it goes to the moon. Do not panic, it is a scare tactic. If you have been around for a while think back to 2008, what happened in metals then? Price rose, demand rose, hard drop, demand did not drop. It is a wild ride but remain calm, you are going to see some crazy stuff, kind of like the dinar.

Hate to say this ,,but the man who posted this is very much correct about everything except gold dropping down as low as $500.00 dollars but i do see coming down to around 8 to 9 hundred dollars !!! My family deals with metals for many years and we all bought a lot of gold when you could buy for 4 to 6 hundred an oz. and when my family told me watch gold go crazy in a few years with all scare tactics and it did and now its falling almost as fast as it rose !!!! About the iraqi dinar,,, To me if this is going to soon pop why is all the sellers dropping prices and even got lay aways to get rid of it ????? Just like the gold pumpers ,, now you can buy gold 1% over dealer costs !!! My personal belief is ,,yes the dinar will go up in value but not like what people think and gold will come back to normal prices also !!!!! I say this based on facts which we all see this going on in front of our eyes !!!!!

Hate to say this ,,but the man who posted this is very much correct about everything except gold dropping down as low as $500.00 dollars but i do see coming down to around 8 to 9 hundred dollars !!! My family deals with metals for many years and we all bought a lot of gold when you could buy for 4 to 6 hundred an oz. and when my family told me watch gold go crazy in a few years with all scare tactics and it did and now its falling almost as fast as it rose !!!! About the iraqi dinar,,, To me if this is going to soon pop why is all the sellers dropping prices and even got lay aways to get rid of it ????? Just like the gold pumpers ,, now you can buy gold 1% over dealer costs !!! My personal belief is ,,yes the dinar will go up in value but not like what people think and gold will come back to normal prices also !!!!! I say this based on facts which we all see this going on in front of our eyes !!!!!

Jake, if your family has been in precious metals for many years then you will know that no one has really seen or can know the 'normal' price of gold. It is so heavily manipulated that you and I will be shocked to see its real price. While everything from sugar to cement experiences price rises, silver especially seems oddly inflation proof. Its highest price was attained in January 1980!!

Good article: http://news.goldseek.com/GATA/1316614500.php

Jake I don't know where you can buy it for 1% over cost because that is one heck of deal. No dealers that I am aware of are selling it for that since they mostly bought on the high and have to recover cost. The only way that could happen is if they were margining.

Welcome to the wonderful world of precious metals speculation! Good luck playing with the big boy manipulators and trying to figure out their next move!

I will have to disagree with the article. As an individual who works in precious metals I can tell you that demand is off the charts. Some metals I know have a 6 week wait. As far as the price dropping please be advise that they have changed the margin requirements yet again. Every time they do this the price falls. If the dollar was such a safe haven then why did France and Austria put limits on the amounts of gold and silver that you can buy in cash.

http://www.shtfplan.com/precious-metals/banks-governments-move-to-restrict-personal-gold-bullion-purchases_09092011

http://www.prisonplanet.com/france-bans-cash-sales-of-gold-silver-over-600.html

Sorry not good at the link thing. The paper market on metals is manipulated. You will see a price drop before it goes to the moon. Do not panic, it is a scare tactic. If you have been around for a while think back to 2008, what happened in metals then? Price rose, demand rose, hard drop, demand did not drop. It is a wild ride but remain calm, you are going to see some crazy stuff, kind of like the dinar.

:tiphat: Good day my friend- where i live there isnt a 6 week waiting period and i know that Jason Hommel says there is a waiting period. I must be in a good spot. So you could be right . http://silverstockreport.com/ if your in doubt then check out this -Jason is a very good reference- :twothumbs: Blessings Vern