Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Hashimy uncovers third initiative by Talabani to implement Arbil Agreement

uncirculd

9/28/2011 7:50 PM

BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: Iraq’s Vice-President, Tareq al-Hashimy, has uncovered on Wednesday a “third initiative” by President Jalal Talabani, to be announced after his return from New York, to push the political parties to implement the Arbil Agreement among those parties, according to a statement by Hashimy’s office.

“President Jalal Talabani shall call for a third meeting by the political parties after his return from New York to settle the problems among those forces, expressing hope that the efforts of their leaders would succeed,” the statement stressed.

Hashimy, it added, said: “We hope that final decisions would be taken to settle the argument about the suspended dossiers and that agreement and commitment would be achieved,” adding that “the things that joined us together in this consensus had been the Arbil Agreements, that must be committed by all parties, and the confirmation of this issue is very important, being a key to get out of the current crisis.”

SKH (IT)

• Upvote 4

9/28/2011 7:50 PM

BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: Iraq’s Vice-President, Tareq al-Hashimy, has uncovered on Wednesday a “third initiative” by President Jalal Talabani, to be announced after his return from New York, to push the political parties to implement the Arbil Agreement among those parties, according to a statement by Hashimy’s office.

“President Jalal Talabani shall call for a third meeting by the political parties after his return from New York to settle the problems among those forces, expressing hope that the efforts of their leaders would succeed,” the statement stressed.

Hashimy, it added, said: “We hope that final decisions would be taken to settle the argument about the suspended dossiers and that agreement and commitment would be achieved,” adding that “the things that joined us together in this consensus had been the Arbil Agreements, that must be committed by all parties, and the confirmation of this issue is very important, being a key to get out of the current crisis.”

SKH (IT)

Thank you mam, I was in a hurry and left the puter for a few. My apologies.

Yes, the Arbil. He's on it. Get er done.

Four Million Jobs and an Effort to Resolve the Differences Between Baghdad and Erbil

Talabani, the United Nations

Baghdad-Sabah

Said Jalal Talabani, President of the Republic in his speech to the realization of the General Assembly of the United Nations yesterday that the five-year plan for the years 2010 2014 announced by the Iraqi government will ensure direct, including nearly 2,500 of the draft Strategy from different sectors at a cost of $186 billion and provides Nearly four million jobs.

To the detection of Talabani’s call Joe Biden Vice President on an intention to hold a series of meetings with political blocs on his return to Iraq to find solutions and compromises to the issues in dispute, and said a statement issued by the Office of Talabani, who is currently in New York meetings to be held by Talabani also include reaching decisions and final recommendations on cooperation with the United States in the field of training and equipping the Iraqi armed forces, while stressing Hoshyar Zebari, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Council on Foreign Relations in New York that Iraq would need a trained American military even after the departure of U.S. forces.

Noting, that the discussions focused on (Is there a need for training agreement between Iraq and the United States), particularly that Iraq intended to buy U.S. arms, jets F-16 and other weapons.

In the context of online said Farhad Atrushi MP for the Kurdistan Alliance, he will discuss the outstanding issues with the National Alliance and a real solutions to address the problems between them, adding that there are positive indications about the possibility of addressing the problems began to emerge in the wake of efforts to House Speaker Osama Najafi to bridge the gap between the province and the center.

To the said Mahmoud al-Hassani MP for the coalition of state law that the National Alliance welcomes any initiative that seeks the consensus between the parties political, calling for the need to resort to the Constitution. In the same context, said the National Alliance need to resolve the crisis through dialogue mechanisms with the commitment to the Constitution, said in a statement issued by the Office of the President of the National Alliance, the political body of the Alliance was held yesterday evening, the first regular meeting of all the components of the coalition, led by Ibrahim al-Jaafari and attended by the Chairman Minister Nuri al-Maliki, was devoted to discuss the current situation in the Iraqi arena and updates.

Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki received a phone call from U.S. Vice President Joe Biden on Wednesday evening, touched it to the development of bilateral relations at various levels of political, economic, commercial and scientific, to serve the interests of the two .

was also talk about the circumstances of the survival of U.S. experts to train Iraqi forces to weapons that are used by the Iraqi armed forces. and the new U.S. Vice President to support the Iraqi government, and its emphasis on continued cooperation and the development of relations after the withdrawal of U.S. forces.

http://iraqdailytimes.com/four-million-jobs-and-an-effort-to-resolve-the-differences-between-baghdad-and-erbil/

Edited by uncirculd
  • Upvote 1

Thank you mam, I was in a hurry and left the puter for a few. My apologies.

Yes, the Arbil. He's on it. Get er done.

Four Million Jobs and an Effort to Resolve the Differences Between Baghdad and Erbil

Talabani, the United Nations

Baghdad-Sabah

Said Jalal Talabani, President of the Republic in his speech to the realization of the General Assembly of the United Nations yesterday that the five-year plan for the years 2010 2014 announced by the Iraqi government will ensure direct, including nearly 2,500 of the draft Strategy from different sectors at a cost of $186 billion and provides Nearly four million jobs.

To the detection of Talabani’s call Joe Biden Vice President on an intention to hold a series of meetings with political blocs on his return to Iraq to find solutions and compromises to the issues in dispute, and said a statement issued by the Office of Talabani, who is currently in New York meetings to be held by Talabani also include reaching decisions and final recommendations on cooperation with the United States in the field of training and equipping the Iraqi armed forces, while stressing Hoshyar Zebari, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Council on Foreign Relations in New York that Iraq would need a trained American military even after the departure of U.S. forces.

Noting, that the discussions focused on (Is there a need for training agreement between Iraq and the United States), particularly that Iraq intended to buy U.S. arms, jets F-16 and other weapons.

In the context of online said Farhad Atrushi MP for the Kurdistan Alliance, he will discuss the outstanding issues with the National Alliance and a real solutions to address the problems between them, adding that there are positive indications about the possibility of addressing the problems began to emerge in the wake of efforts to House Speaker Osama Najafi to bridge the gap between the province and the center.

To the said Mahmoud al-Hassani MP for the coalition of state law that the National Alliance welcomes any initiative that seeks the consensus between the parties political, calling for the need to resort to the Constitution. In the same context, said the National Alliance need to resolve the crisis through dialogue mechanisms with the commitment to the Constitution, said in a statement issued by the Office of the President of the National Alliance, the political body of the Alliance was held yesterday evening, the first regular meeting of all the components of the coalition, led by Ibrahim al-Jaafari and attended by the Chairman Minister Nuri al-Maliki, was devoted to discuss the current situation in the Iraqi arena and updates.

Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki received a phone call from U.S. Vice President Joe Biden on Wednesday evening, touched it to the development of bilateral relations at various levels of political, economic, commercial and scientific, to serve the interests of the two .

was also talk about the circumstances of the survival of U.S. experts to train Iraqi forces to weapons that are used by the Iraqi armed forces. and the new U.S. Vice President to support the Iraqi government, and its emphasis on continued cooperation and the development of relations after the withdrawal of U.S. forces.

http://iraqdailytimes.com/four-million-jobs-and-an-effort-to-resolve-the-differences-between-baghdad-and-erbil/

Really now, they need to move on this. So ridiculous the circus over there.

the problem is that when you hear maliki refer to the constitution, what he's really saying is that there is no provision for allawi's Strategic Council, and consequently they will only accept it as an "advisory" body. that of course means no power sharing and maliki gets to keep his throne. this has been the issue all along. allawi's Strategic Council was always meant, as part of the Arbil, to be a decision making body and a "checks and balances" type of power SHARING deal along with barzani and the kurds. maliki initially agreed to the arbil then, as we all know, has since reneged, stalled, and now he resorts to any means possible to keep his hated rival allawi from having any power at all, let alone over him. this will only end when maliki is facing a no confidence vote, which i read in another article on this site, is developing between allawi and barzani. if they can back him up against the wall maybe we have a chance of getting it done, but, i don't know. maliki has proven to be a stubborn and capable power monger. prying control loose from him isn't going to be easy. IMO they still need yet a third force besides al iraqya, and the kurds. maybe talibani is the man who can make that happen and tip the balance. if not, then look for more commitee's, meetings, discussions, blah, blah blah... they may just have to pry control from maliki's cold dead hand!

Edited by aaanth
  • Upvote 1

Do we like the sounds of this article or what? They have had days to work on the details + years and years! maybe they came up with something good?

Does anyone know that song by the Hermans Hermits.... la la la I'm feeling something goooood! smile...we can pretend!

OMG. You're older than I thought.... B)

But this news does sound great. There must be something in the New York City water that has gotten these guys moving.

• Upvote 1

Do we like the sounds of this article or what? They have had days to work on the details + years and years! maybe they came up with something good?

Does anyone know that song by the Hermans Hermits.... la la la I'm feeling something goooood! smile...we can pretend!

Mr. Songman here, you mean -

I walked her home and she held my hand

I knew it couldn't be just a one-night stand

So I asked to see her next week and she told me I could

(I asked to see her and she told me I could)

Somethin' tells me I'm into something good

(somethin' tells me I'm into somethin')

To something good, oh yeah, something good

To something good, something good, something good

aanth, I agree with everything you said above. But the party seems to be going on in NYC and seems that is where the power is. Biden probably phoned Maliki and gave him the gameplan, and told him if you can't suit up, head for the showers. I think Maliki has been given a play that let's him stay in power in name only, and leave with dignity,... and 70 virgins.

I understand Talabani being in NYC to visit and speak at the UN, but you would think he would have made a trip to the Pentagon to discuss the US military issues. But that isn't where the international big boys play is it...it's NYC. Location, location, location. I am sure the powers-that-be are pulling the strings at this point, and Maliki knows it too. I bet he quiets down from here on out.

Edited by Carrello

I'll check his reservaton at the Plaza to see if he has checked out.

Personally, I hope Talabani stays in New York until his $2 million budget runs out, because he is getting a lot done by telecommuting to work.

Actually, I just read this article below where it states Zebari is still in NYC. I would assume Talabani is with him.

OMG. You're older than I thought.... B)

But this news does sound great. There must be something in the New York City water that has gotten these guys moving.

LOL now that was rude!! :D I was very little but it is a classic! you can still find it on youtube pretty funny.

Mr. Songman here, you mean -

I walked her home and she held my hand

I knew it couldn't be just a one-night stand

So I asked to see her next week and she told me I could

(I asked to see her and she told me I could)

To something good, oh yeah, something good

To something good, something good, something good

LOL It is a fun song!!

aanth, I agree with everything you said above. But the party seems to be going on in NYC and seems that is where the power is. Biden probably phoned Maliki and gave him the gameplan, and told him if you can't suit up, head for the showers. I think Maliki has been given a play that let's him stay in power in name only, and leave with dignity,... and 70 virgins.

I understand Talabani being in NYC to visit and speak at the UN, but you would think he would have made a trip to the Pentagon to discuss the US military issues. But that isn't where the international big boys play is it...it's NYC. Location, location, location. I am sure the powers-that-be are pulling the strings at this point, and Maliki knows it too. I bet he quiets down from here on out.

.. and 70 virgins. :)

Edited by aaanth