Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Question for SONNY1

steveflex7

Lol hey sonny thanks for the info my friend! But hey Im on mod review for battling the nonsense.....I actually like being on mod review....it keeps me from waisting my time responding to the idiots! Lol anyways thanks again! There is obviously some things that need to happen with economy and currency in Iraq and soon it would appear!

Looks like you received a blessing in disguise, as they say.

Interesting statement.... If this were to go the route we all hope, I am sure that money could still be made from that region through investments.

ISX maybe? Faith in Warka, they do hold higher interest rates than the U.S.

We'll be looking to make our $ work for us.. So we'll have to look for viable options that seem to generate a return.

Absolutely...and just to add to that, one can invest in companies now. There are some that have made it clear they are in or going to expand in the M.E. markets. In regards to the banks and higher interest rates? This is also a very high possibility. Example being an account in India, depending on how long I have the money there and how much and what-not, I've seriously made between 6-10% over there.

Just sharing ....peace and have a good one.

Unsubstantiated claims are just that, regardless of who posts them.

Sonny, do you have the button for the trap door?

So you're claiming my statement was false? Everyone else here is asked to provide some backup for their claims or put them in the rumors section, but Sonny1 is exempt?
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

i got a call last night from my dubai buddies, he told me he translated an important article with shabbs and the wb-imf, it stated for iraq to $hitt or get off the pot, from what it said, shabbs was being blamed for poverty, a non-tradeable currency so no business will not go invest, the local private sector's underdevelopment, and having an extremely undervalued currency. i just found out that bondlady posted a article about this meeting, but since i dont read anyone else's chats i cant verify that as true.

and to the complete idiots that commented negatively on here, i really dont care if you believe me, for you are complete idiots and shouldnt even be on this great site..

i am going to start banning the negative idiots, ip, and user names so there will be no way to post or view this site.

it appears that shabbs has been told to move, and act quickly

Sonny1 thank you for ALL your hard work.........YOUR the man :)

• Upvote 1

Thanks! I occasionally do a search for your "last posts" to see if I missed one. Always love hearing your thoughts!

Cooked, the "here little pink piggy piggy" never gets old (I'm not being sarcastic, either). Each time I see it I laugh !! :D

I TOTALY AGREE WITH THE LITTLE PINK PIGGY PIGGY AND THE SMILEY FACE WITH THE MOVING EYEBROWES. THAT IS JUST SO WRONG AND SO RIGHT AT THE SAME TIME YOU COULD TEACH QUANTUM PHYSICS WITH IT!!!!!

TREXXX

• Upvote 1

Sonny, you're a well respected poster among those of us who know the real people here. Thanks for your work and please do not let some idiots discourage you from the great work you do. Thanks.

Here little pink piggy piggy :eyebrows:

THERE IS THAT AWESOME LITTLE PINK PIGGY PIGGY THING AGAIN......................HILARIOUS!!!!!!

TREXXX

So you're claiming my statement was false? Everyone else here is asked to provide some backup for their claims or put them in the rumors section, but Sonny1 is exempt?

I heard your wife is cheating on you. Do you think I should have to put the name of the person who told me on the Internet to prove it? Or might there be reasons to believe me because of past history, or there may reprecussions for the informer, so you would not want that, and the informer would never give you any information in the future?

To answer your questions: 1. No. 2. Yes. But without backup, I would buy into the Rumors section.

YES, Sonny1 is exempt (as is Scooter & Adam), they are the exceptions to the rule. They have paid their dues and are well respected. th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.giftip_hat.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

For the most part u are correct,but there are a few here that have amassed enough respect that they are not pigeon holed to any one category.

I could care less what happens to Iraq after I cash out, just give me some freakin dough!!

Well I have to agree 100% keepmwlknfny. I really didn't give a rat's butt about Iraq before I made this investment nor will I afterwords. I'm not going to pretend I'm mother Theresa or anything. I think everyone needs to be honest with themselves about this. Did anyone really invest in IQD because they wanted to help Iraq? I THINK 99.9999% of people who bought IQD are only trying to make their own lives a little (or a lot in some cases) better, and there's nothing wrong with that as long as you're honest about your motives.

I heard your wife is cheating on you. Do you think I should have to put the name of the person who told me on the Internet to prove it? Or might there be reasons to believe me because of past history, or there may reprecussions for the informer, so you would not want that, and the informer would never give you any information in the future?

But this is not the case here. Here is what sonny said in his post
i got a call last night from my dubai buddies, he told me he translated an important article with shabbs and the wb-imf, it stated for iraq to $hitt or get off the pot, from what it said, shabbs was being blamed for poverty, a non-tradeable currency so no business will not go invest, the local private sector's underdevelopment, and having an extremely undervalued currency.
So its just "an article" its an opinion piece, its not a statement by the World Bank or the IMF, as they clearly are not going to even put such things into memos let alone let them out. So we have no idea if this is even based on the author's conversations with people at those institutions or just pure speculation. So the issue is not remotely the same as the case you state (even if I were married! ).

YES, Sonny1 is exempt (as is Scooter & Adam), they are the exceptions to the rule. They have paid their dues and are well respected. th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.giftip_hat.gif

It isn't a matter of "paying dues" or of trust. I am fine with trusting a few folks here who appear to be honestly trying to provide good information, that is not the issue. I'm happy to accept that Sonny did in fact get a call from someone he knows in Dubai. The issue is that what that person said is that they read some article that said so and so. Without knowing more about that article we have no idea as to its credibility and that is the same no matter how trustworthy the last link in the chain might be, its all the previous links that we don't know anything about (i.e. in this case where this article came from and who wrote it and what was their source of info etc) that is the issue.

Well I have to agree 100% keepmwlknfny. I really didn't give a rat's butt about Iraq before I made this investment nor will I afterwords. I'm not going to pretend I'm mother Theresa or anything. I think everyone needs to be honest with themselves about this. Did anyone really invest in IQD because they wanted to help Iraq? I THINK 99.9999% of people who bought IQD are only trying to make their own lives a little (or a lot in some cases) better, and there's nothing wrong with that as long as you're honest about your motives.

Absolutely. I wish Iraq well and hope they can help stabilize things in the region, but I bought dinars strictly for profit. I can't recall who it was a week or so ago that posted this complaint that they "loaned" their money to Iraq to help them out and now are upset that they are not going to get their 1000 fold return "as promised", what a bunch of bull! Edited by xyzzy

Now let's see. If I understand this right, a person who is well-known here and who has always been honest and above-board now can't say, "I talked to a friend I trust in Dubai, and he told me that he read in their local paper that Yadda-Yadda-Yadda" without someone here demanding a website to the original article as proof. We really don't have to meet the rigors of academic scholarship here, do we? And if we do, how many people would sit watching and say nothing, even when they were absoltuely sure that what they know is as true as Lady Truth, Herself,? I've found that, even when something is claimed a bit before its proof can be obtained or provided, if it has staying power, its proof will come along soon. This is a chat forum, I believe, and I think being so demanding, especially in a self-serving, entitled way, does much more to stifle the free flow of information than it could possibly do to assure the quality of the comments made here.

• Upvote 1

Now let's see. If I understand this right, a person who is well-known here and who has always been honest and above-board now can't say, "I talked to a friend I trust in Dubai, and he told me that he read in their local paper that Yadda-Yadda-Yadda" without someone here demanding a website to the original article as proof. We really don't have to meet the rigors of academic scholarship here, do we?

I think you might be missing my point. I do not question that Sunny1 heard from a friend of his, and that that friend read an article. But without knowing something about the article we have no way of gauging its credibility. We don't even know what the article said Vs what is Sunny's friend's interpretation.

For example suppose the article said something like "several sources in the IFM speaking off the record talked about their frustration that things are not moving faster", that would be one thing. But, if it only said "in my view the IMF is likely to be getting frustrated that things are not moving faster", that would be a very different thing. Likewise if the article is written by a senior international financial analysts at a major paper that would be quite different than if written by the local paper's editor in the editorial/opinion page.

I think you might be missing my point. I do not question that Sunny1 heard from a friend of his, and that that friend read an article. But without knowing something about the article we have no way of gauging its credibility. We don't even know what the article said Vs what is Sunny's friend's interpretation.

For example suppose the article said something like "several sources in the IFM speaking off the record talked about their frustration that things are not moving faster", that would be one thing. But, if it only said "in my view the IMF is likely to be getting frustrated that things are not moving faster", that would be a very different thing. Likewise if the article is written by a senior international financial analysts at a major paper that would be quite different than if written by the local paper's editor in the editorial/opinion page.

No matter how you ask it, sonny1 has not and more than likely will not, provide the link for said article, but it is entirely sonny1"s perogative to do so or not. I completely understand what it is you are asking, and that you are not being critical of sonny1 or his dubai friend. I don't see the harm in asking about the article that was discussed for your own clarification.

People, do any of you honestly "know" anyone on this board? I am seriously asking this question. I see quotes all the time such as this one earlier, "Sonny, you're a well respected poster among those of us who know the real people here." I personally do not "know" anyone on this site, in fact I don't know Adam from, well, Adam! There are a few posters on this board who I trust the information that they provide more so than others, but it still is my duty to make sure that the information they have provided is actually correct.

If you choose to 100% believe everything someone says because other people who you do not "know" will vouch for the poster whom they more than likely do not "know" themselves, it is my belief that you are setting yourself up for possibilities you may or may not be prepared for. Everyone who posts on this board may be above reproach, but I think past experiences have proven otherwise.

I agree with Keepm etc. about Iraq, I wish them the all the best, but I invested in their currency for the profit it will hopefully provide for me, my family and those areas we choose to contribute too!

No matter how you ask it, sonny1 has not and more than likely will not, provide the link for said article, but it is entirely sonny1"s perogative to do so or not. I completely understand what it is you are asking, and that you are not being critical of sonny1 or his dubai friend. I don't see the harm in asking about the article that was discussed for your own clarification.

Right, and I didn't actually ask for the article as sonny doesn't even have it. I just made the one line comment that unsubstantiated claims, are still unsubstantiated, no matter who posts them.

People, do any of you honestly "know" anyone on this board? I am seriously asking this question. I see quotes all the time such as this one earlier, "Sonny, you're a well respected poster among those of us who know the real people here." I personally do not "know" anyone on this site, in fact I don't know Adam from, well, Adam! There are a few posters on this board who I trust the information that they provide more so than others, but it still is my duty to make sure that the information they have provided is actually correct.

I don't know anyone here and don't trust anyone with info that is not publicly available. i.e. The site is useful as there are many many such sources and no one wants to (or can even if they do want to) sift through them so the folks here can combine their efforts to post things they find and see what others think about it. But all posts of the form "I heard from a friend that they heard from someone that read that ..." are worthless other than for entertainment as far as I am concerned. That's not a dig against the folks that post such things it would be true for me as well. Entertainment and community and so on are also reasons to participate here of course. We all have a common interest is the bottom line.