Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

***Have u noticed....**

You think people are running around with a single 25k notes in their pocket waiting for the RV? Come on! These people blow each other up for the fun, but you don't think they'll screw the infidels? You guys really crack me up on here.

No I think they have 25K notes in their pocket to conduct day to day business.

Don't you think the people of Iraq know more then we do right now? Who says they are evening issuing the 25k notes anymore to citizens? Pulling the 25k notes out is the quickest and most efficient way to stabilize Iraq's currency. I'll assume they were only put into circulation for hyperinflation that never happened. 10k to 25k is a big leap. Don't worry, you'll get your 25 bucks for it though.

So you think the 25K notes were issued because of hyperinflation, but you also think hyperinflation never happened. You claim the 25K notes are going to be pulled and be worthless in Iraq but that we'll get our $21.50 back for them yet its the infidels that will be screwed. Presumably these same infidels are the ones Iraq keeps talking about needing so much to make investments in Iraq.

Ok then, I think you've pretty much got all sides covered.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

You did say in your post that it looks like there will not be an RD until 2013 and that leaves nothing but an RV as a possiblity. And that cannot happen. You want to say my post fails after I told you yours is a FAIL, that just a piss poor comeback from someone who can't truely debate the facts. And your right, you have for the most part stopped posting the BS from most of the gurus, and I even recall one that you put a disclaimer on that I gave you kudos for finally doing, only to post Franks BS a few days later without that same courtesy. Funny, that ever since you admitted your connection to Frank, and Franks so called coming clean about selling dinar, you seem to be more exclusive to him. Some of us are not dumb enough to fall for your BS Easy, and then there are some of us like me, willing to actually challenge your BS openly and not be afraid of the bashing I may take from your koolaid drinking followers.

Hi Guys,

I know this has been on going for some time.

I think you both know that I have been a strong believer that a RD is required, but have found little use in continually trying to get that across to others.

And I have had a few unhappy things to say to Easyrider in the past.

In this instance, I have some agreeement with both sides of this argument.

In the current climate, where the RD plan seems to be pushed back to now 2013, something will still need to be done to offset the rise in inflation from increased oil production. Any additional manufacturing or increase in agricultural production will just magnify the problem, as they will cause the GDP to improve also.

While I don't believe it will be the large RV all are looking forward to , it looks like if Shabibi has to address the rising inflation, he will have to use the other tools that are available. In the absence of currency restructuring, he will most likely increase the value by letting the exchange rate move to lower numbers.

Depending of how much the production continues to improve, the trend in cost of oil pricing, the further expansion of the money supply to feed the economy, he may have to do this more than once.

At some point in time, a redenomination is almost a given. When it happens is the question at hand. What is done in it's place in the meantime is what is in the here and now.

At this time, small increases in the value seem to be the only easy answer to offset the inflation.

If you just print more money, you will contribute to the problem that an eventual RD will have to address.

If you give the existing money more value, It can buy more per dinar.

Inflation is described as a the appearance of higher prices due to the loss of buying power.

Increasing the value helps offset the lost buying power, but still doesn't address the issue of the money supply being too large.

However, it keeps things stable, and helps us get closer to overcoming what many lost in the spread when purchasing.

So both points have their own validity...

• Upvote 2

No I think they have 25K notes in their pocket to conduct day to day business. Can you prove this? Provide a link, pictures. Anything that says they are still used today. TIA

So you think the 25K notes were issued because of hyperinflation, but you also think hyperinflation never happened. You claim the 25K notes are going to be pulled and be worthless in Iraq but that we'll get our $21.50 back for them yet its the infidels that will be screwed. Presumably these same infidels are the ones Iraq keeps talking about needing so much to make investments in Iraq. Who "they" exactly? Please show concrete evidence of this as well. Also, i'm assuming the 25k notes we're a fail safe against hyperinflation. A very PLAUSIBLE measure.

Ok then, I think you've pretty much got all sides covered. Yup.

Ok mikey boy explain what you meant. Oh I can see we are gonna be the best of friends.........Really the very best of friends.

Pay attention you narcissistic fool. I NEVER QUOTED YOU IN ANY OF MY POSTS. Carry on.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

Pay attention you narcissistic fool. I NEVER QUOTED YOU IN ANY OF MY POSTS. Carry on.

Well that was why I asked you to explain because I think you did and furthermore all you can do is resort to name calling and that goes along with your entire position in this thread....You keep saying you are right but offer no proof to support your position. You just keep attacking those who disagree.

And as for name calling.............Well thats always typical of those who cannot support their position....I ask you to explain and you call me names...

Keep going pally....it only exposes what you know or don't know and that you cannot give me a simple explanation to clear this up in an adult like manner leaves me to believe what I see and Bubba ..............That ain't to much...........This conversation is over and you can kiss my..................got that?

Yes indeed ......you were baited and you bit........Just to see what you are about.

• Upvote 3

Well that was why I asked you to explain because I think you did and furthermore all you can do is resort to name calling and that goes along with your entire position in this thread....You keep saying you are right but offer no proof to support your position. You just keep attacking those who disagree.

And as for name calling.............Well thats always typical of those who cannot support their position....I ask you to explain and you call me names...

Keep going pally....it only exposes what you know or don't know and that you cannot give me a simple explanation to clear this up in an adult like manner leaves me to believe what I see and Bubba ..............That ain't to much...........This conversation is over and you can kiss my..................got that?

Yes indeed ......you were baited and you bit........Just to see what you are about.

Yawn. You're boring. Run along, JR.

• Downvote 3

Can you prove this? Provide a link, pictures. Anything that says they are still used today. TIA

They are only worth $21.50 so why would we think they would not be in use? The CBI certainly lists them as in circulation. If you want to assert they are not then show some support for your assertion, don't just make your claim and then ask others to prove you wrong.

Who "they" exactly? Please show concrete evidence of this as well.

What speech by Shabibi or Talibani doesn't talk about it. Here is an artilce from Reuters http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/10/19/us-mideast-summit-iraq-idUSTRE69I4HO20101019

Also, i'm assuming the 25k notes we're a fail safe against hyperinflation. A very PLAUSIBLE measure.

Issuing a note of any denomination does not protect against inflation let alone hyperinflation. But as hyperinflation sets in, that is why they had to print the 000 notes, as the lower denominations had so little value. Inflation is a measure of change in the ratio of the number of currency units in the money supply against the value of the money supply. The number of notes is not an issue, its the number of units those those notes total up to that is important. that is why an RD does not stop inflation, you have to get inflation under control before you RD.

Also please be a bit more careful about quoting to show who said what.

Edited by xyzzy

They are only worth $21.50 so why would we think they would not be in use? The CBI certainly lists them as in circulation. If you want to assert they are not then show some support for your assertion, don't just make your claim and then ask others to prove you wrong.

What speech by Shabibi or Talibani doesn't talk about it. Here is an artilce from Reuters http://www.reuters.c...E69I4HO20101019

Issuing a note of any denomination does not protect against inflation let alone hyperinflation. But as hyperinflation sets in, that is why they had to print the 000 notes, as the lower denominations had so little value. Inflation is a measure of change in the ratio of the number of currency units in the money supply against the value of the money supply. The number of notes is not an issue, its the number of units those those notes total up to that is important. that is why an RD does not stop inflation, you have to get inflation under control before you RD.

xyzzy, I want to take exception to your last line in the above paragraph about the RD. Wouldn't RD cut the number of currency units thus reducing inflation? Ex: IQD 30 Trillion and with a "lop" of 3 zeros, turns that into IQD 30 Billion. That would seem to be very conducive to holding inflation in check or reducing it.

What speech by Shabibi or Talibani doesn't talk about it. Here is an artilce from Reuters http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/10/19/us-mideast-summit-iraq-idUSTRE69I4HO20101019

Actually the USA helped replace the currency in IRAQ due to counterfit bills. The old currency was easily copied. So it was replaced with the current currency. I dont think it had anything to do with hyperinflation at all. The old rate was 3.22 and went down dramatically but the notes put in place I believe was part of a plan which was spelled out in the documents which are available to all of us. I wont repost it. SO in as much as I would hate to disagree... I think maybe you need to read up a little on the Dinar. Everything is not happening by chance in MHO.

Peace

Actually the USA helped replace the currency in IRAQ due to counterfit bills. The old currency was easily copied. So it was replaced with the current currency. I dont think it had anything to do with hyperinflation at all. The old rate was 3.22 and went down dramatically but the notes put in place I believe was part of a plan which was spelled out in the documents which are available to all of us. I wont repost it. SO in as much as I would hate to disagree... I think maybe you need to read up a little on the Dinar. Everything is not happening by chance in MHO.

Peace

You dont think that having bills with 3 zeros on them for normal everyday use has to do with hyperinflation??? laugh.gif

Even with Saddam he had a 10k note and a 250 because of the purchasing power going down the toilet!!

It was to make the exchange as fair as possible.....1 for 1 all around and no one lost anything cause the currency was already inflated....of course not as bad as it is now!!

• Upvote 1

xyzzy, I want to take exception to your last line in the above paragraph about the RD. Wouldn't RD cut the number of currency units thus reducing inflation? Ex: IQD 30 Trillion and with a "lop" of 3 zeros, turns that into IQD 30 Billion. That would seem to be very conducive to holding inflation in check or reducing it.

Inflation is an ongoing thing or always relative to a past year, e.g. lets say its 10% per year, so there are 10% more units each year compared to the previous year You could do an RD to reduce the number of notes and increase their value each by say 1000x, but if the central bank is still increasing the number of units by 10% each year (even if the units are now each worth more), inflation will continue at 10%. An RD undoes the effects of past inflation, but doesn't change the forces inflating the currency going forward. So you want to wait till inflation is under control before going through the hassle of doing an RD, otherwise you'll just have to do another one later on.

Or looked at another way (and I'll just make up some numbers here, this is not meant to be what actual inflation or money supply numbers are in Iraq) if there were 30T dianr last year and 3T were added to the money supply with no increase in GDP that would be 10% inflation compared to last year, 30T vs 33T. If they RD and cut the number of dinars from 33T down to 33B, while raising the rate from .00086 dollars to .86 dollars, that is still inflated by 10% from last year. If the RD was done last year it would be 30T going to 30B not 33B, so still 10% more.

You dont think that having bills with 3 zeros on them for normal everyday use has to do with hyperinflation??? laugh.gif

Even with Saddam he had a 10k note and a 250 because of the purchasing power going down the toilet!!

It was to make the exchange as fair as possible.....1 for 1 all around and no one lost anything cause the currency was already inflated....of course not as bad as it is now!!

LOL No I dont think that is why they were put into place... Be careful brother. I play fair with you. If I mislead anyone with my words I am sorry but the current currency was put into play for a reason.

That was my point. As for HYPERINFLATION... I was the one who said that a LOP can not take place with an economic model as IRAQ has. Now if you want to word spar with me I am ready.

I dont care about status with people on the site because I dont talk out of my back side.

Actually I put this site to rest for some time due to all the BS numbers and thoughts people have with out really considering that the "facts" they think they have are flawed. No one knows what will take place. We all speculate and in my opinion it will be greater than 1 dollar or close to that at minimum. Some have said the USA has nothing to do with this and I say they are dead wrong.

This is a plan and it is being carefully unfolded. Any INTEL or KNOWN AMOUNTS of DINAR in circulation is not going to be accurately released. IRAQ has been gathering up DINARS for some time now.

I hope for all of our sake I am right.

PEACE...!

• Upvote 1

hame55 thank you for your response. Yes indeed the US Military is gonna be in Iraq in whatever form is needed and you are correct that a Carrier Task Force based in the Gulf is ever threatning and comforting to our friends and enemies alike........Even if we can't tell who is what. But nonetheless that Carrier Group is gonna be around for a long while and if a need arises I am sure the Kuwaitis will be accomodating when needed as we protect them as well.

There has to be a way that they can RV and not lop. I can understand a strong case for a lop.....I really can. But the price of a lop would be very high for Iraq as well. There would be consequences to a lop. A lop would have to be weighed just as much as an RV in terms of cost and consequences at that action. To date I have not been able to see the cost of a lop being more beneficial to Iraq as compared to an RV. Those costs will incur more than just numbers....You will have the politics of that lop and it would not be pretty. The tangibles of eitther choice are not always readily seen and judging a lop by numbers alone is inadequate. You must IMO weigh the other reactions possible into the equation. Problem is politics and the Social aspect are fluid and in the case of Iraq impossible to determine from the information we get at this level of observation..........So how to judge the lop vs RV argument is almost moot except for the fact the arguement is available and reminds all investors that there are other possibilities. Agree or not to either an RV or lop. I do not agree. But I am well aware that the possibility is there. But that is just me as I weigh the politics heavily and it has affected my view of this excersize......I am not an economist but I have learned alot in my studies about geo-economics and it helps but I am no expert.

There more mechinisms at work here than we all know and as such it seems impossible to verify or confirm the simplest of questions...Does the US hold massive amounts of Dinar?........How much Dinar has been retired from the 30 trillion alledgedly in circulation?.....Is it really 30 trillion? Is Maliki actually trying to establish a dictatorship...........Will Maliki survive his changing the goal posts on the Kurds? and about a few hundred other issues up to and especially...Will Oakie ever be right? wink.gif

If we can't even confirm some basic beliefs then how can we make a case for what we believe........We cannot thus either an RV or lop arguement is just so much chatter. I try and not to argue the points as I used to because I have to play by the same rules and since my information is lacking then what the Hell...pop a top again...........But we can consider the various scenarios and theorize the possibilities and really thats all we can do.

My thoughts were directed at the articles by Shabs about the Dinar in foreign currency holdings world wide throughout the Central bank System As I stated earlier I know our fiat cueency cannot cover all the Dollars world wide that are out there. Just too much out there........So if we can't cover it all then why do the Iraqi's have to cover all of theirs? I don't think they do. Just a thought really but it too must be considered. I am sure that there are holes in this line of thought but it seems to make sense. I just threw it out there for us to chew on it rather than each other plus I haven't had this debate here in the forums but I and my friends who are invested as well have been having a rip-roaring conversation about this subject.

BTW....ChicagMike72........The chaos I referred to was in reference to the dollar and in no way can you use my statements about that chaos to support your point of view. If you are going to use a reference to my use of chaos to make a point about your opinion I would appreciate you at least fully comprehind what it was I said. No bash intended but the way you referenced what "the other guy" said it would be best you understand what it was "the other guy" said. I respect your point of view but I do not support your point of view. Just keeping it factual sir......and civilized.

Again Hame55 thanks for your response and opinion.

Hame55 Thank You for your response and thoughts and even you ChicagoMike72 thanks for you opinion. I will continue to consider it further.

Couple of things here automag. I believe the US has a large reserve of Dinar and that they will use it to buy oil from Iraq which would help repatriate Dinar back to Iraq w/o having to convert to physical dollars if each barrel were purchased at a set number of IQD per barrel. The amount I saw was 4-6 IQD/ barrel. I don't have specific information/intel, only what I've seen elsewhere.

Also, you're saying why does Iraq have to be able to cover the 30 Trillion IQD they have out if the US doesn't? It's because the RV will bring the greater value and those of us that have spent $1000.00 for a million IQD would be millionaire's at a 1:1 valuation. That's not possible on the dollar side of the equation. Will all the IQD 30T come at once on the "margin call", no, but does Iraq know what percentage would be converted? They might. And again, they don't give a rats rear end about making us "gozillionaires" (as the venerable Forrest Gump put it ) either.

Mak63

Peace

I'll suggest you do the same! The dinar was already at around 3000 dinar per dollar in 1995 according to the history page on the CBI site. i.e. the hyperinflation was already in full swing before the war. We indeed did help replace the currency because the Saddam era dinars were trivial to counterfeit as you say and that replacement was not about correcting the effects of hyperinflation. The value had been down to nearly nothing before this replacement occurred. Because of hyperinflation big bills were needed. The last one's printed by Saddam were 10,000 notes in 2002.

I'll suggest you do the same! The dinar was already at around 3000 dinar per dollar in 1995 according to the history page on the CBI site. i.e. the hyperinflation was already in full swing before the war. We indeed did help replace the currency because the Saddam era dinars were trivial to counterfeit as you say and that replacement was not about correcting the effects of hyperinflation. The value had been down to nearly nothing before this replacement occurred. Because of hyperinflation big bills were needed. The last one's printed by Saddam were 10,000 notes in 2002.

Correct, so why did they print the amount and values they printed? Why would we have done that?

This is my only point here. That this is part of a plan which was carefully put into play. We are all banking on that. Many words and phrases have hinted at this too but we cant count on it. Those who believe they have an idea of what amount is truely in curculation are in my view foolish. It is about as crazy as believing that the INTEL of this would be released. They will not allow us to peek into what they are doing or when. They wont even allow a crack. What they will do is try to mislead us to believing something else at any given moment. It is much like the day before CHINA RVd and swore on the news they wont ever do that.

• Upvote 1

Inflation is an ongoing thing or always relative to a past year, e.g. lets say its 10% per year, so there are 10% more units each year compared to the previous year You could do an RD to reduce the number of notes and increase their value each by say 1000x, but if the central bank is still increasing the number of units by 10% each year (even if the units are now each worth more), inflation will continue at 10%. An RD undoes the effects of past inflation, but doesn't change the forces inflating the currency going forward. So you want to wait till inflation is under control before going through the hassle of doing an RD, otherwise you'll just have to do another one later on.

Or looked at another way (and I'll just make up some numbers here, this is not meant to be what actual inflation or money supply numbers are in Iraq) if there were 30T dianr last year and 3T were added to the money supply with no increase in GDP that would be 10% inflation compared to last year, 30T vs 33T. If they RD and cut the number of dinars from 33T down to 33B, while raising the rate from .00086 dollars to .86 dollars, that is still inflated by 10% from last year. If the RD was done last year it would be 30T going to 30B not 33B, so still 10% more.

Then my assumption (yes I know what ass u me ing does) of no longer inflating the money supply after an RD to cut inflationary pressure would be bogus? There is no certainty of a stableized money supply, but you do have fewer currency units chasing goods/services, thus reducing inflationary pressure. Do you agree?

Mak63

Correct, so why did they print the amount and values they printed? Why would we have done that?

This is my only point here.

Because things were still inflating very fast so its easier to just do 1:1 which requires very little explanation. If you're saying that they could have done an RD back then as part of the new currency and thus reduced the number of units, undoing a lot of past inflation back then, sure but then then might still have to do one again now.

That this is part of a plan which was carefully put into play. We are all banking on that. Many words and phrases have hinted at this too but we cant count on it. Those who believe they have an idea of what amount is truly in curculation are in my view foolish. It is about as crazy as believing that the INTEL of this would be released. They will not allow us to peek into what they are doing or when. They wont even allow a crack. What they will do is try to mislead us to believing something else at any given moment. It is much like the day before CHINA RVd and swore on the news they wont ever do that.

But an RV is never signaled ahead of time so this doesn't tell us anything. I think its reasonable to take the numbers the CBI produces as correct, if you want to claim its all bogus then indeed things could be very different then we think, but I just don't see that happening if they want to join the international finance community with its strict requirements about data transparency.

This is my only point here. That this is part of a plan which was carefully put into play. We are all banking on that. Many words and phrases have hinted at this too but we cant count on it. Those who believe they have an idea of what amount is truely in curculation are in my view foolish. It is about as crazy as believing that the INTEL of this would be released. They will not allow us to peek into what they are doing or when. They wont even allow a crack. What they will do is try to mislead us to believing something else at any given moment. It is much like the day before CHINA RVd and swore on the news they wont ever do that.

They printed so many so as to provide a 1:1 valuation for old dinar to new dinar for citizenry who were coming out of Saddams reign and the Allies needed some stability within the citizenry due to the massive change that was at hand. An RD at that point would have caused much consturnation within the population.

Then my assumption (yes I know what ass u me ing does) of no longer inflating the money supply after an RD to cut inflationary pressure would be bogus?

I'm not sure what you mean. Whatever pressure there was before the RD would remain after it I think. If the bank would have pushed out 3T dinar before and RD, then those same forces would pushd out 3B after the RD and that would again be 10%.

There is no certainty of a stableized money supply, but you do have fewer currency units chasing goods/services, thus reducing inflationary pressure. Do you agree?

I don't think so. 10% of 3B dinars at $0.86 USD per dinar is just as inflationary as 10% of 3T dianrs at $0.00086 USD per dinar. Now maybe after (or during) an RD other factors will change and lower inflationary pressures but I dont' think just the RD itself does so.

They printed so many so as to provide a 1:1 valuation for old dinar to new dinar for citizenry who were coming out of Saddams reign and the Allies needed some stability within the citizenry due to the massive change that was at hand. An RD at that point would have caused much consturnation within the population.

So they replicated the old amount of DInar? They didnt know how much Dinar to print. Please correct me if I am wrong but I believe this was not an exact 1 to 1 as you might believe.

I am humbled by many here who teach me though. I never believe I know everything in this learning process. I honestly appreciate your input. Also, the amount printed and in circulation has been (from all I have heard and read) getting collected by the CBI or GOI (however you want to view it) and destroyed. They have been gearing up for the electronic banking. Again I look forward to your response.

I'm not sure what you mean. Whatever pressure there was before the RD would remain after it I think. If the bank would have pushed out 3T dinar before and RD, then those same forces would pushd out 3B after the RD and that would again be 10%.

I don't think so. 10% of 3B dinars at $0.86 USD per dinar is just as inflationary as 10% of 3T dianrs at $0.00086 USD per dinar. Now maybe after (or during) an RD other factors will change and lower inflationary pressures but I dont' think just the RD itself does so.

I am assuming that the CBI would stop expanding the supply or reduce it, thus cutting inflationary pressure. 10% is 10% in your example, yes, but perhaps the expectation is that they stop inflating the currency after an RD.

So they replicated the old amount of DInar? They didnt know how much Dinar to print. Please correct me if I am wrong but I believe this was not an exact 1 to 1 as you might believe.

I am humbled by many here who teach me though. I never believe I know everything in this learning process. I honestly appreciate your input. Also, the amount printed and in circulation has been (from all I have heard and read) getting collected by the CBI or GOI (however you want to view it) and destroyed. They have been gearing up for the electronic banking. Again I look forward to your response.

I believe it was ChicagoMike that noted the 1:1 valuation in 2003 to most of the population and 1.5:1 for the Kurds. Can you imagine the pissin' contest that erupted when that was discoveredohmy.gif

I am assuming that the CBI would stop expanding the supply or reduce it, thus cutting inflationary pressure. 10% is 10% in your example, yes, but perhaps the expectation is that they stop inflating the currency after an RD.

Sure. And maybe they'll boost the rate some with a small RV when they announce an RD which helps to control inflation as well. So they certainly could have plans to put the brakes on inflation at the point that they kick off the RD. Totally agree with that.

Imgesing, also remember, don't believe anything that comes directly out of Iraq.............. those guys lie like whores in churchwink.gif

Sure. And maybe they'll boost the rate some with a small RV when they announce an RD which helps to control inflation as well. So they certainly could have plans to put the brakes on inflation at the point that they kick off the RD. Totally agree with that.

Yeah, I'm just hoping my 25K notes don't turn into $2.50 notes (3 zero lop and $.10 RV!!!!!)

I believe it was ChicagoMike that noted the 1:1 valuation in 2003 to most of the population and 1.5:1 for the Kurds. Can you imagine the pissin' contest that erupted when that was discoveredohmy.gif

The "Swiss" dinar, which is the kurds stuff your talking about above, was exchange 150 New Iraqi Dinar for 1 "swiss" dinar...This was also the rate between the "Swiss" dinar and the Saddam Dinar

So it was basicly a direct swap based on what was the current exchange rate

Yeah, I'm just hoping my 25K notes don't turn into $2.50 notes (3 zero lop and $.10 RV!!!!!)

Ok, your math is off...

25k note worth $21.37

RD 3 zero's it becomes a 25 dinar note worth $21.37...

I'd be VERY surprised if they DEVALUE the dinar after reducing their liability, it would just make no sense

IMHO, I think CBI is trying to balance inflation with what's best on the valuation side for the country. Then the geo-politics kicks in and the money grubbing power brokers around the world put their $.02 worth in with why they should be heard and their input acted upon.

I'll throw this out there........ what if they didn't RV to the dollar? Say they RV'd to EUR, GBP or JPY. I suspect the first 2 would be good for us and the later not.

The "Swiss" dinar, which is the kurds stuff your talking about above, was exchange 150 New Iraqi Dinar for 1 "swiss" dinar...This was also the rate between the "Swiss" dinar and the Saddam Dinar

So it was basicly a direct swap based on what was the current exchange rate

Ok, your math is off...

25k note worth $21.37

RD 3 zero's it becomes a 25 dinar note worth $21.37...

I'd be VERY surprised if they DEVALUE the dinar after reducing their liability, it would just make no sense

Thanks for the clarification. Are you using .00086 as a valuation? Nothing would surprise me though. They have the resources everyone wants but don't have the expertise to develop it. Senseless to us may seem perfectly sensible to them.