Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

***Have u noticed....**

IMO.....They need to come out with a rate that will show enough confidence in their status as a country. I think slightly above $1-1.25. Not too low, so it will show some stability-confidence and attract more investors. Most of the "large" IQD currency investors will have cashed in, then increase the rate. Also, IMO-their "stability" won't last too long. They are going to have serious issues with their neighbors, over oil, air, sand...whatever. They won't have the support of the US troops they do now, and it will be a set back for them. That brings us to the question of how long do you "wait" for the higher rate?

Who the hell knows.......what the hell do I know.........we'll see soon enough I do believe..........let's just get this done......RV Monday!!!!!!!

Easy thanks for your thoughts......just let the "loud mouths" blow hot air. You are above that. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif rope

• Upvote 3

Well, many have stated that there would be an RD before an RV. From what it looks like that isnt gonna happen anymore. What has been coming out in the past few days is they are pushing the RD process back even further to 2013 and they also stated it wouldnt be simultaneously neither meaning it wont Rd and RV at the same time. So what this leaves us with none other than an RV. As you all know the Rd process was presented and it was denied for deleteing the zeroes at the current time. Inflation is rapidly rising Shabbs doesnt want to get into double digits, there are about 3 more months left in 2011 what does he do?

P.S shabbs knows he has one shot at this, how much will he RV at??? How will he stop the inflation without deleting the zeroes??

IMHO Shabbs is in a corner its now or never He knows Iraq needs to emerge to the world and to me personally a low RV wont cut it.

Needs to be at par with the USD what are your thoughts????My thoughts EZ are that the man who can answer the question...........How far in debt can they afford to go whithout hurting the Iraqi economy.Meaning when they rv they will gain X amount of buying power but they will also be placed in an immediate deficit.Idon't think they want a multi Trillion dollar/dinar deficit.Just my thoughts.

Boston, Simple question for you or anyone else; Where is Irag going to get trillions and trillions of USD's to cover a cash in at (i'll go low here) let's say 1-1? No country can make that kind of margin call.

It's a market play and if it's worth anything we'll make money and if it's not, well, you can't go much lower then .0008..

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Boston, Simple question for you or anyone else; Where is Irag going to get trillions and trillions of USD's to cover a cash in at (i'll go low here) let's say 1-1? No country can make that kind of margin call.

It's a market play and if it's worth anything we'll make money and if it's not, well, you can't go much lower then .0008..

Mike - That is a great question and one that has always been in my thought processes as well. I think that we all realize the practical math, as you have succinctly stated, is difficult to ignore.

On the other hand, there have been several discussions of late of how the CBI may have been "stockpiling" dinar through their daily auctions, thereby reducing the actual Dinar on the street. And yes we know that the money supply numbers do not reflect any reduction, the assumption here is that the money supply is still accurate, however, the CBI is holding more of it than anyone else knows about. Is this accurate - I don't know for sure, is it plausible - absolutely. :D

Also, there is a generally accepted thought that the US and other countries are holding a large amount of Dinar. Again, this is not necessarily verifiable. But assuming that there is some truth here, it is safe to assume that these countries will not run to the bank to "cash in" the way we are planning to do. They may just buy oil or other natural resources from Iraq with this new "re-valued" Dinar. ;)

Again, your point is very valid, but there may also be other plausible scenarios out there that would allow a larger RV, without Iraq having to actually "cash in" every outstanding dinar for USD.

Just some food for thought! :)

Appreciate your thoughts as well........GO RV!!

:D :D :D

• Upvote 3

Mike - That is a great question and one that has always been in my thought processes as well. I think that we all realize the practical math, as you have succinctly stated, is difficult to ignore.

On the other hand, there have been several discussions of late of how the CBI may have been "stockpiling" dinar through their daily auctions, thereby reducing the actual Dinar on the street. And yes we know that the money supply numbers do not reflect any reduction, the assumption here is that the money supply is still accurate, however, the CBI is holding more of it than anyone else knows about. Is this accurate - I don't know for sure, is it plausible - absolutely. :D

Also, there is a generally accepted thought that the US and other countries are holding a large amount of Dinar. Again, this is not necessarily verifiable. But assuming that there is some truth here, it is safe to assume that these countries will not run to the bank to "cash in" the way we are planning to do. They may just buy oil or other natural resources from Iraq with this new "re-valued" Dinar. ;)

Again, your point is very valid, but there may also be other plausible scenarios out there that would allow a larger RV, without Iraq having to actually "cash in" every outstanding dinar for USD.

Just some food for thought! :)

Appreciate your thoughts as well........GO RV!!

:D :D :D

We can't make this a theology debate, we'll be running in circles. The fantasy side of my brain likes where you're coming from, however, the realistic side knows better. I'll see you on Forex at .10-.30. Still a great deal of found money. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

• Upvote 1

We can't make this a theology debate, we'll be running in circles. The fantasy side of my brain likes where you're coming from, however, the realistic side knows better. I'll see you on Forex at .10-.30. Still a great deal of found money. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Totally agree that .10-.30 is a great deal of money!!! Will be Blessed for sure with that.

I guess I just enjoy dreaming of "Fantasy Island" too much - Look boss - "Da Plane, Da Plane! :D :D

Enjoy your weekend as well!! :tiphat:

Easy you should go outside and play… Ride your bike or something…. Leave economic issues for grownups who understand what they are talking about.

Poseidon, I don't always agree with easy's smart mouth, and sometimes, I even want to step on his goofus toes, but he is one of ours. You aren't. So I will come to his side any time over yours. If you have anything else to say to easy, please remember that I will be as offended as if you said it to me, personally. So, I suggest you stop this nonsense against easy immediately. And if you can't keep a civil tongue in your mouth, it would even be wise for you to just go away!!!

• Upvote 5

umm.. you can kiss my A$$ and you can go have a big bowl of fiber and take that stick out your butt. Seems you need to relieve yourself.

great way to look at it,everyone seems to see your point and respects it,it was just your conclusion,but to have some person come and attack you with no reason or reasons why he felt that way. :blink: maybe he should take his own advice and leave the talking typing to the grownups ...people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones ,JMO.............................GO RV!!!! :D .....aesyrider you go and post anytime

Edited by jaman

I have no proof or a link or anything that can be verified...........just a thought. Just adding to the discussion.

The USD is the reserve currency of the world is it not? The dollar is used in 16 countries as it's own currency...example Panama. So if all that money is in all these countries....how much USD is out and about in the entire world? Most countries either hold real currency and/or treasuriy bonds...China....and all in all how many trillions of dollars are in the system? I have read many figures as to how much that number could be.all the way up to 100 trillion dollars world wide............I do not have the correct figures but considering the USD as I have mentioned it has got to be an un-Godly amount.

Question for all of us is can the United States actually cover all of that money? Even though our economy is massive compared to everybody else,(something like 9 trillion)....and even that is only my estimate based on my studies can the US Government cover every dollar in existence. My thoughts are No Way. Being a fiat currency and not gold backed and for good reason as there isn't enough gold in the whole world to back our currency let alone the rest of the world economies. It is a fiat currency that is backed by ours and the rest of the worlds faith in the US dollar. Faith not metal is what gives the USD ability to be used in the way it is used..........and it's ability to continue on the path Nixon put us on in the 70's.....But what would happen if all that money came home?

Chaos. There would be no way to cover it all. Not all at once anyway. Maybe not at all. Step in the Bankers who have supported and use a Central Bank System. That allows each country to trade currencies and that gives value for each currency and it's all based on faith that each country will support it's money and as such we all believe that their money has value and they believe ours holds value as well. Thus you have the reserve system used by most countries. But what if all the countries lost faith and sent foreign monies home..........We would all be broke. You,me, and the government anywhere you are standing.

Since I am no economist and just a regular person let's say all I have stated is true....just for giggles. Wouldn't that make the dollar the same as the dinar? We have all been struggling with how much Dinar is in circulation and as such it is hard for us to wrap our minds around the idea of how Iraq is gonna RV 30 Trillion Dinar and afford it.......It is hard to reconcile to say the least...........but we need a way to figure out how they can do so.

The articles about what their plans are to RV/Rd are gonna work out is confusing because we can see that 30 trillion has to be accounted for and absolute numbers are needed............but is that really true?................My only way to see this is by including the Reserve Currency in the discussion.

Shabs and Salaegh have stated they want the Dinar included in the reserves of other countries. That by it being in the reserves of many countries will support the dinar's value and as a part of international reserve system it will also legitimize the Dinar as it would be held by many countries just like the dollar.

It is my unqualified opinion that the Dinar will be infused into the reserve system providing relief to the amount of dinars in circulation. I have always believed that if the US did hold large amounts of Dinar then the Fed would use dinar to buy up dollars thus shoring up the dollar by reducing the amount of dollars floating around the world... It is widely believed by my little circle of friends that when the RV occurs you will see a commodities price drop because of that contraction of dollars.and that includes gold..just belief not a fact..we are guessing. The value of the dollar is as low as it is by design and if the Fed were to use dinar to buy up dollars how would it affect the Fed's policy of driving the value of the dollar down to enhance exports and profits. What? You don't believe the Fed has purposely driven down the value of the dollar? Check again. It ain't the Chinese bubba....they got enough debt to choke a horse and they for dang sure don't want our economy to fail....We fail they fail. Besides our multi-national corps built, bought, and paid for the Chinese economy just like they have right here at home....would look bad for profits and upset the investors at their breakfast. ;)

The Dollar cannot be supported by the US if it all comes home at once and neither can the Dinar. There has to be a pressure release somewhere and I believe it will be through the reserve system used by most countries around the world............but that is only my opinion.

I would really like to hear from yall about the use of dinar in the reserve system world wide.......If you want to bash my OPINION then just skip it. If you want to disagree that would be fine...just looking to hear other thoughts about this as I am always trying to learn. Thank You.

• Upvote 7

WE AS HUMANS HAVE THE POWER TO BRING ABOUT THOUGHT OF IMAGING, JUST IMAGINE YOURSELVES BEING TOLD BY ADAM THAT THE DINARS HAS RV'D AND THE TIME TO CASH IN IS NOW, PICTURE THIS SCENE OVER AND OVER IN YOUR MIND, AND IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE THIS IT WILL COME TO PASS. I'M IMAGING! GO RV :rolleyes:

Hey, Easy, thanks for your thoughts. I've often wondered how much Shabs considers himself to be a gambling man. I'm certain, as others have stated, the consideration for backing up the "cash ins" post RV has been weighed. I'm wondering how much they would gamble on stability by not first RVing on the lower rates (.10 for example) to pull in Dinar from all of us who have been anxious for several years now. I wish I had a crystal ball to see how many dinar holders outside of Iraq are just READY for anything.

Those things considered...

I DOOOOO feel strongly that Shabs is very hopeful for his country's currency to be a global contender, at least floating somewhere in value equal to the top three. That said, he is a very cautious man with what seems limitless patience. I don't think he will gamble. Given that I'm sure they have a very realistic calculation of how much dinar is held by those of us outside Iraq, I do think the new dinar will revalue low at first (again, as stated by many others, anything is better than .0008).

Again, ALL of this is just my opinion and I don't mean to upset any investors, however, if Shab's real priority is stability I don't think he will push too fast and even at .10 RV rate I think Shabs accomplished a huge step in his very thoughtful planning. If the global community that knows NOTHING about dinar right now get wind of this new dinar value it will seem much more credible AND inticing for investors(USD) than a sudden 1 to 1(or higher) which might be globally questionable as having REALLY been only a scam for HUGE amount dinar holders to use Iraq as an economic toy.

Siiiiigh...it all makes sense in my head...I certainly hope it makes sense here. Still, Easy, I hope you're right about the 1 to 1 but I'm not sure it'd be in Iraq's best interests. Certainly could see it going BEYOND that if the initial RV effects the markets positively, though!!! (by the way...if it RV's now, it does not mean it is a one shot thing and cannot RV again once Iraq's infrastructure builds and exports show more promise)

Ok...I've said enough...of my personal opions

Well, many have stated that there would be an RD before an RV. From what it looks like that isnt gonna happen anymore. What has been coming out in the past few days is they are pushing the RD process back even further to 2013 and they also stated it wouldnt be simultaneously neither meaning it wont Rd and RV at the same time. So what this leaves us with none other than an RV. As you all know the Rd process was presented and it was denied for deleteing the zeroes at the current time. Inflation is rapidly rising Shabbs doesnt want to get into double digits, there are about 3 more months left in 2011 what does he do?

P.S shabbs knows he has one shot at this, how much will he RV at??? How will he stop the inflation without deleting the zeroes??

IMHO Shabbs is in a corner its now or never He knows Iraq needs to emerge to the world and to me personally a low RV wont cut it.

Needs to be at par with the USD what are your thoughts????

Well it hasent been officially shot down by parliment yet....they have yet to vote on it still but what we are seeing are some opinion articles from people/groups that think it should be denied (which I do to for our sake) and they go on to explain why they shouldnt do it at this time.

As far as the inflation goes there are other ways to control it other then by raising the exchange rate which it seems they might be avoiding because there was an article a day or two ago stating they are raising interest rates which is one of those other ways of controlling inflation and bringing it down some. If they do decide to unlock the program rate to combat rising inflation, the value probly wouldnt be raised by much, there is a delicate balance of raising the value and keeping inflation down to a minimum as well.....

If you go too high with the value of the money then you can start adding to inflation simply because as we all know the basic definition of inflation is too much money chasing too few goods so drastically raising the value of the dinar could hurt them as well

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3