Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Where is our common sense about an RV matter?

Muhammad

As far as money is most concerned, no government in any part of the world is 100% clean and I support you for that but we need a psychological defence on our part to protect our investments of IQD as well by speaking on behalf of Iraq to petition the UNSC committees to abolish Chapter 7 asap to help Iraq revalues IQD soon and I believe it won't backfire us in such a manner as you have described earlier. To voice out to UNSC committees to help lifting Chapter 7 won't be a serious issue sabotaging our IQD investments supposedly to be a secret, would it?

I do not think that speaking out through the UN (e.g. such as your links to petition on Iraq's behalf) would sabotague our investments at all. Considering the apparent ineffectiveness of the UN in Iraq over the past 20 yrs (from before the 1st Gulf War), I would consider it an exercise in near futility. But any effort to advance the cause is a positive action. However, in comparison to petitioning our own government on their behalf, it could prove more effective and less damaging to our personal financial information integrity than letting our government know more than they need to about our affairs.

It is not an issue of our investments being "secret", it is merely a point that even with the gigantic windfall that our OWN government will receive, with trillions of IQD in the Foreign Currency Reserve, they are not themselves satisfied with their return but will be demanding what I would consider excessive taxes on our measly good fortune. Let's face it, WE are "small potatoes" compared to the US Government holdings. Most analysts agree that there will be a "government to government" rate which will be different than the "public rate" our government will allocate to private exchanges. Our collective benefit won't amount to a "pimple on their butt", yet they STILL demand from us over one third of our gain. The alternative is to exchange OUTSIDE of the US system, but even then that exposes us as individuals to more scrutiny by dealing in large sums of money with foreign banks. In the current climate of terrorism and distrust, again, to expose oneself to government scrutiny is, in my view, to take a needless risk. So any course of action, places many US citizens in the position of risking personal identity intergity and financial integrity.

I don't think an RV would backfire against any investor in the pure sense. The only downside would be OUR OWN government taking advantage of OUR "good luck" and taking advantage of us. Let's face it, in the US, a short term captial gains tax of over one third of the profit is practically confiscatory. We make the investment, take the risk, and they reap a lion's share of the result. Of course, we have little choice in this, so, for me, I expect to be as "quiet as a mouse", pay my legal demand, and disapear into the "woodwork" as much as possible relative to this current administration of our government.

I do not think that speaking out through the UN (e.g. such as your links to petition on Iraq's behalf) would sabotague our investments at all. Considering the apparent ineffectiveness of the UN in Iraq over the past 20 yrs (from before the 1st Gulf War), I would consider it an exercise in near futility. But any effort to advance the cause is a positive action. However, in comparison to petitioning our own government on their behalf, it could prove more effective and less damaging to our personal financial information integrity than letting our government know more than they need to about our affairs.

It is not an issue of our investments being "secret", it is merely a point that even with the gigantic windfall that our OWN government will receive, with trillions of IQD in the Foreign Currency Reserve, they are not themselves satisfied with their return but will be demanding what I would consider excessive taxes on our measly good fortune. Let's face it, WE are "small potatoes" compared to the US Government holdings. Most analysts agree that there will be a "government to government" rate which will be different than the "public rate" our government will allocate to private exchanges. Our collective benefit won't amount to a "pimple on their butt", yet they STILL demand from us over one third of our gain. The alternative is to exchange OUTSIDE of the US system, but even then that exposes us as individuals to more scrutiny by dealing in large sums of money with foreign banks. In the current climate of terrorism and distrust, again, to expose oneself to government scrutiny is, in my view, to take a needless risk. So any course of action, places many US citizens in the position of risking personal identity intergity and financial integrity.

I don't think an RV would backfire against any investor in the pure sense. The only downside would be OUR OWN government taking advantage of OUR "good luck" and taking advantage of us. Let's face it, in the US, a short term captial gains tax of over one third of the profit is practically confiscatory. We make the investment, take the risk, and they reap a lion's share of the result. Of course, we have little choice in this, so, for me, I expect to be as "quiet as a mouse", pay my legal demand, and disapear into the "woodwork" as much as possible relative to this current administration of our government.

In the first place, we are hiding IQD at home which the government doesn't know about till we declare it to the tax dept. There are many rumours suggesting we get it done with licensed money-changers to escape from such exploitative taxes but the trouble is when you get the hard cash deposited in any bank, the government may check us out and query about it. Another option is to get the IQD exchanged for USD in hard cash from the bank or the licensed money-changer right away and temporarily keep it in the rented safe deposit box provided by certain banks. Would you check it out in my other post in the new thread where I want others to share their opinions as well?

www.foreignborn.com/self-help/banking/10-sd_boxes.htm

Let me clear up any misunderstanding about whether out government knows about our Dinar...YES. The dealers are registered with the US Treasury Dept. If you think that our govt is not keeping a handle on who has how much you are sadly mistaken. This is the ideal condition for money laudering and you can bet they have a watchful eye on it. They can freeze your personal bank account without any provocation whatsoever, just suspicion. They will have no problem going to the dealers and getting their financial records.