Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CANT TRUST SHABBIBI?

IVE BEEN UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT SHABBIBI WAS THE ONE AND ONLY PERSON IN IRAQ APPOINTED BY US THAT CAN GET THIS DONE...I DONT GET THIS.

[kcw] DinarThug Adam, what's ur take on the Shabbi TV Interview ?

[Adam Montana] DinarThug - to be blunt, I don't trust a word he says.

[Adam Montana] Half of what he says is smoke, 25% of it is obviously designed to keep people (us and the Iraqis) confused, 15% of it is impossible to read because it's translated, and maybe 10% of it is true...

BECAUSE OF THIS, NOW THIS SITE HAS SHAKEN MY CONFIDENCE A BIT..

BCB

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

I have known for a long time that Shabs cannot be trusted.....he stated back in 2010 that the dinar would revalue before the end of 2010.Just another lie. It just may be that those we think are good are really bad and those we think are bad..ie Milaki are not as bad as we are led to believe.

• Downvote 1

Sorry, but I must disagree. Shabbibi is the only one over there that will ever tell us the truth. With that being said, I wouldn't be expecting Shabs to be revealing the rate or the date. You will know both right after it happens and not before.

You realize you just agreed with me, right?

:P

Its better to keep quiet and have people wonder if your a idiot rather than to open it and remove all doubt.

Absolutely. :D

People need to think this.... Put this into perspective, or have this mentality of thinking...

You are Shabbibi, you have this big plan to re-value your currency when you enter the international market again... How do you go about doing it? How do you educate the people?

Do you.... Just wake up one day and flip a switch?

Do you.... Continuously lie, saying this type of event will NEVER happen?

Do you.... Pretend you intend to stay status quo with no changes?

But.... How would you educate the masses of new curencies? lower denominations? etc.

I know some things that WOULDN'T be said would include...

"We intend to raise the exchange rate...."

"We are going to be releasing lower denominations because the value of the IQD is on the rise..."

"We are going to re-value our currency now that we can..."

Are we being naive ignoring the 3-zero articles? Maybe... But, I think they're pure existance should not factor in to what we believe is an end result... Speculation needs to be suppressed and a neutral value event is the best method to suppress speculation. Suppressing speculation is important domestically & towards foreign regions.

Why domestically? Dollarization is a threat, and if speculation happens within their local economy, people turn to the use of USD or Euros. This doesn't bode to well for the IQD. Eliminating dollarization alone will help appreciate the value of the IQD. They need to build faith in the use of IQD in everyday commerce... The IQD remains to have a few issues with it in itself such as non-convertible, 000s, fear of change, etc.

So, upon any new lower denominations or a re-denomination, I fully believe they need incentive(s) to use the domestic currency.

Now, if I was the Gov. of the CBI, I would be concerned if locals were sitting on IQD and using USD especially if I was going to re-value the currency. So, I would use the media to say the event will be value-neutral so the people learn that it is pointless to sit on the IQD hoping of a rise in value.

• Upvote 1

IMO, Adam's statement is based on the many times that Shabibi has indicated that the RV was "close" or "soon". You may remember that on June 20th, he stated that the RV would happen "within 7 to 10 days". Now we are almost into October with no material sign that an RV is truly imminent. So...are we being B.S.ed? One would suggest that most Iraqi politicians are practiced in misinformation and mis-direction....including Shabibi. It seems that that is acceptable, and to be expected, in their culture.

On the other hand, for sure, there is a lot of intrigue going on behind the curtain, both in Iraq as well as here in the U.S. I would like to give Shabibi the benefit of the doubt that he truly wants to get this done; if only to spare his country the pain of rampant hyperinflation...which he contends could be on the horizon. If he allows this to drift beyond the end of Sept., then, in my mind, we could be in for a longer wait than any of us would want to consider.

I have to agree Shabibi keeps us on edge of RD, RI,RV once in awhile makes statements like that ,of course speculators and investers are going to buy more dinar. I agree with Adam at his business thinking about this I have read numerous articles from over there that contradict all the time to keep us confused. it will keep people investing in Iraq. thats what they want.

Captjohn, Just wondering? Why would Shabibi be anxious to RV when we are buying their Dinar with USD and supporting their gov?

Sheepdog, If you read back over the months what he has said about an RV and the reasons why Iraq needs to RV, it always seems to come back to his fear of inflation. IMO, for Shabibi it is less about U.S. support of the dinar (although he knows that is an unstated given) and more about keeping inflation and the fear of hyperinflation at bay. He is first and foremost an economist and I think he looks at the dynamics on the IQD through that lens.

I guess this is another case of watch what is done, and not what is said...of course, if this be the case, we don't even need to listen to them anymore...lol...as by the time it happens, nothing being said will be relevant anyway.....at least as per the track record of what's been said already, that has'nt materialized as stated to be done, or as per the last few statements that have been proven total B.S....It's kinda like we need to be in the mindset of: "Show Me The Money"...Don't Tell Me Anything!...LOL....

Darin is right on with his analysis. No national bank governor in their right mind would telegraph their intentions regarding a revaluation of their currency. The subsequent run on that currency would be disastrous for their economy. The absolute most they would be able to announce is a value neutral move like an RD. What's missing, of course, is how that might fit into an RV scenario. The only way we'll ever know for sure is (in the words of a Louisiana friend) is "hide and watch." IMO, any additional speculation is pointless.