Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

How to pick up Girls---All you need is:

Tiffany23

Do Women Have a “Fireman” Fantasy?The fireman’s allure: The archetype of the male hero.

Published on September 21, 2011 by Gad Saad, Ph.D. in Homo Consumericus http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/homo-consumericus/201109/do-women-have-fireman-fantasy

Of all archetypes of a male hero, the firefighter ranks very highly on most women's lists. It is not difficult to explain why such a "fireman" effect might exist. They are typically athletic men who face great physical risks, as a means of saving strangers' lives. Many of these traits are highly sought after attributes in a male suitor and accordingly the fireman archetype is deeply entrenched in many women's psyches. Few women fantasize about accountants, office managers, and dental hygienists. I dare say that few women (if any) have ever uttered: "You are arousing me with your sexy talk of the amortized depreciation of manufacturing equipment." A recent survey found that firefighting was ranked as the most prestigious profession!

Nicolas Guéguen, a French psychologist whose work I have covered on numerous occasions on my blog, recently conducted a set of experiments to determine whether women will respond more favorably to men dressed in a fireman's uniform (see here for the published article). For the purposes of this post, I'll restrict my discussion to one of the three studies (study 3), namely whether when asked for their phone numbers, women were more likely to oblige the request when the man is wearing a fireman's uniform versus casual civilian clothes. The men used in the experiment were considered good-looking and of comparable good looks (across the experimental conditions). The exact words uttered to the female participants were: "Hello. My name's Antoine. I just want to say that I think you're really pretty. I have to go to work this afternoon but I wonder if you would give me your phone number. I'll phone you later and we can have a drink together someplace".

Two hundred and forty women who were strolling down the street unaccompanied were approached (120 in each of the two experimental conditions). Here are the proportions (in terms of obliging the request):

When approached by the fireman: 26 out of 120 (21.7%)

When approached by a "civilian": 10 out of 120 (8.3%)

The difference is highly significant (p < .005).

On a related note, some of you might recall two earlier posts wherein I discussed how women will evaluate men quite differently as a function of the social status that is signaled by their clothes and cars (see here and here), and a third post in which I described another study by Guéguen that showed that women were more likely to offer their phone numbers to a man walking with a dog (see here). Bottom line: If you wish to augment your chances of obtaining a woman's phone numbers, step out of a Ferrari, wearing a fireman's uniform, whilst holding a miniature poodle in your hands!

Men and women use a wide assortment of cues when judging the attractiveness of a prospective suitor. That men are more likely to be intoxicated by a woman's looks and that women might be more likely to succumb to cues of social status does not suggest that either sex is shallow and/or superficial. Rather, these robust findings speak to evolutionary-based sexual dimorphisms in the mating domain.

• Upvote 4

Hmmmmm after the RV I will really have to keep an eye on my hubby!! He is a firefighter and a Army Reservist... add some money to that.....I better be on my best behavior :lol::blink::lol:

ewww...so ah, what's your hubby's number and ah...when do you go out of town on a business trip next? I'll send my ferrarri over to pick him up :P

Edited by Tiffany23
  • Upvote 2

ewww...so ah, what's your hubby's number and ah...when do you go out of town on a business trip next? I'll send my ferrarri over to pick him up :P

HA! HA! I did enjoy that video! It needs it's own post! The guys would certainly enjoy it! I just sent the link to my friend! He is a 'party hardy' guy from New Orleans. He has some fun tales to share from his years in the Quarter!

Vroom! Vroom! Indeed! :D

after RV i will never marry too many beautiful women out there.... of course to love hehehe

A close friend's father married six times and each one became a millionaire after the divorce! Ha! Ha! Stay single! :D

How about a pickup truck to pick up women? Just throw them in the bed. Stack 'em up.

'Drove my Chevy to the levee...' :D

A close friend's father married six times and each one became a millionaire after the divorce! Ha! Ha! Stay single! biggrin.gif

'Drove my Chevy to the levee...' biggrin.gif

honestly in this day and age i truly believe marriage is a joke.

This is all my opinion of course but if i do and thats a big IF i do find the right woman i will sign a prenup most def.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

HA! HA! I did enjoy that video! It needs it's own post! The guys would certainly enjoy it! I just sent the link to my friend! He is a 'party hardy' guy from New Orleans. He has some fun tales to share from his years in the Quarter!

Glad you like it!

honestly in this day and age i truly believe marriage is a joke.

This is all my opinion of course but if i do and thats a big IF i do find the right woman i will sign a prenup most def.

Easy...perhaps for men it seem that way...but as a woman, I still believe there is that one special person out there that I want to share every part of my life with......to cling to thru all the ups and down..and grow old together..and at the end be able to say "Damn, wasn't that a blast...and I won't have wanted to share it with anyone else!'

Maybe I'm just a hopeless romantic...but I still believe! :wub:

Edited by Tiffany23
  • Upvote 2

ame='NonLinear' date='21 September 2011 - 07:53 PM' timestamp='1316656417' post='676840']

Glad you like it!

Easy...perhaps for men it seem that way...but as a woman, I still believe there is that one special person out there that I want to share every part of my life with......to cling to thru all the ups and down..and grow old together..and at the end be able to say "Damn, wasn't that a blast...and I won't have wanted to share it with anyone else!'

Maybe I'm just a hopeless romantic...but I still believe! wub.gif

its ALL good everyone is different i wish you the best of luck smile.gif

Dont get me wrong i believe in LOVe and being true to that person and growing as ONE but marriage i can do without in my opinion.

Edited by easyrider

ame='NonLinear' date='21 September 2011 - 07:53 PM' timestamp='1316656417' post='676840']Maybe I'm just a hopeless romantic...but I still believe! :wub:

Savor your vision and set your sites high and you WILL find him! KNOW EXACTLY what you want in your 'perfect' man and you won't have any unpleasant surprises! That and ENJOY the experience!

:D

Savor your vision and set your sites high and you WILL find him! KNOW EXACTLY what you want in your 'perfect' man and you won't have any unpleasant surprises! That and ENJOY the experience!

biggrin.gif

Problem now adays is people rush things they go out for about a year or even 6 months decide to move in with eachother than a year later they get married and what happens is they thought they knew the person but they truly didn't and figured out they weren't as compatible as they thought it happened to me its happened to a couple of my friends and now they are paying for it Some are still married but they always complain about certain things. This alone has turned me off from marriage back then marriage meant a lot more because basically the wife would take ccare of the family, cook, and stuff and the husband would work now adays women dont even need men they are very career driven individuals now and basically its so easy just to leave and get a divorcce if things arent truly working out. People dont believe in working out their problems or honoring the word of GOD in marriage anymore it is obselete from this generation, So i question why should i get married?? I can live with ssomeone i love be with them cherish them and be faithful wwithout a legal piece of paper binding us at the hip. IMHO of course.

• Upvote 1

Thanks NonL...appreciate the support! :)

Easy...I orginally was going to say that the two of us are projecting textbook versions of the difference between males and females when it comes to attraction. You want to spread your "seed" to as many women as possible..don't get me wrong, I'm not saying sex necessarily but that kind of follows the path of evolution...to spread your genes to as many women as possible. While I on the otherhand, am looking for someone that will stick around and protect me and be a provider for a family.

However, stepping outside the generality of our sexes, and seeing what you wrote, I can certainly understand your feelings. In the "old days" women were the ones that stayed home and nurtured the family, while the men earn the living. Each sex had their own roles...it was a ying and yang...a balance. But now, with both sexes working, the family unit suffers...we have a generation or two of latch key kids...ones that have every gizmo they could possibly need (phones, laptops, video games etc) but no one home to watch over them and lay down the ground rules. And with both parents on the treadmill, there is more stress when they come home..fixing dinner, helping johnny with his homework, etc. And just as you say, the family falls apart because people don't work things out. Coudn't agree with you more. :(

I don't know what the answer is...I personally could never see myself as a homemaker..and yet, in my heart, I wish that I could fulfill that role. What a wonderful thing to be able to provide a loving home to a mate and the resulting rugrats.

Ok...off my soap box, now where did I put that poodle! :D

• Upvote 2

women of real substance aren't attracted to 'bling'; firemen, farrari's, blah, blah, blah, who cares. I do like the idea of having a poodle on the truck to send in before those blokes risk their lives. Canaries and sparrows for coal mines, poodles for fiery inferno's.

ame='NonLinear' date='21 September 2011 - 07:53 PM' timestamp='1316656417' post='676840']

Glad you like it!

Maybe I'm just a hopeless romantic...but I still believe! :wub:

Tiffany...well said my dear, my lovely soul mate had to go home July 29th and I would not take all the wealth in the world to exchange my 21 years with her...she made this peasant always feel like a king.....blessings and hears hoping you are as lucky in love as I was..you already have a +1 for being a romantic, stay that way...cheers