Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Lets just be realistic here for a moment, nobody likes paying anymore taxes to a wasteful govt than me but i would like to inject some common sense into this tax issue that keeps finding its way to the site. Questions still are being asked " is there some country offshore or someplace i can hide my money after the RV so i can keep most of it. If you ask a thousand people for an answer you probably would get hundreds of opinions just like i am going to give mine.

Lets say for example you have spent $1000 dollars to get a 1,000,000 dinars and you hold this until the RV comes, all the time thoughts keep running thru your head about how much taxes will come out of this and what will i have left. Then your dreams start adding to the amount you hope to keep to finance them costing more and more until you start entertaining thoughts about how can i hide the money from the Bully IRS so i can have what i want. You keep adding to your wants and your thoughts keep going back to hiding the wealth the RV has produced. Should i start secret offshore accounts, well what about investments in other countries and lets not forget the big one, maybe if i just don't pay them the IRS will never know and believe it or not there will be at least one person that will try this

Now lets drift back to a little common sense as i have used the example $1000 dollars to get 1,000,000 dinars and say it RVed at 1to1 which would give you $1,000,000 dollars less the $1,000 spent to get it you have $999,999.00 more money than a great many will see in a lifetime. We still don't know what our true tax rate will be some say 15% some say 35%. So on $1,000,000.00 at say 35% the IRS gets $350,000 dollars of your money that still leaves you $750,000 to do with what ever you wish taxes have been paid and you are free and clear to have fun. Remember now you only spent $1,000 to get this million. Small drop in the bucket compared to the out come don't you think. Let's now say you have decided to pull off a grand keep my money scheme and think you have beaten the IRS. You are comfortable with what you have done and you start spending money until the money that was supposed to be for taxes is gone also. What are you gonna do when the IRS comes knocking on your door and say it was reported to us that you made a million dollars last year and we see that no taxes have been paid. That piece of mind for a secure future just blew out the window and now the boggy man is going to be your master for the rest of your life all because you didn't take the time to seperate fact from fiction.

You don't know trouble until you have crossed the IRS. They are going after tax shelters, tax havens, and tax cheats and i am not saying anyone person will be doing this but go figure. I have seen what greedy minds do to people and i have seen the trouble it caused all which could have been avoided if they would have given the " what if " a thought. As i said i am against paying any more taxes than i have to but i will not look for ways to aviod paying whats required on what i get that way i have satisfied the govt, i have piece of mind knowing that they will not come take everything i have work for all my life over some stupid mistake of entertaining greedy thoughts. Then i and my family can go enjoy what God has allowed us to have. Everyone has their own thoughts about how and what they will do when the time comes and i would just like to throw this out there to chew on:::::Think twice act once, don't let your hands get itchy without using common sense. Piece of mind has more fun than a mind that has no piece. You can bet that the amount of money you get will be reported to the govt.........Heavyduty053

• Upvote 5

I agree with you 100% I've always looked at it that way. I understand there are plenty of ways to get away with certain things and move your money around and around and around...but all the paint and hasle of it, is it worth it? Some say it's smart...some say its' dumb. I'm stuck in the middle and just hope one day to actually have this problem where I would have to deal with TAXes off this investment. Believe me I will be grateful to have to pay taxes on this if/when it hits.

• Upvote 1

I see it the same way. I am blessed to live in this country even though it looks like this government is driving it into the ground.

Will me paying my taxes turn it around, I doubt it but I will know that I did what I should have done to help try and save it.

In God we trust.

• Upvote 1

I see it the same way. I am blessed to live in this country even though it looks like this government is driving it into the ground.

Will me paying my taxes turn it around, I doubt it but I will know that I did what I should have done to help try and save it.

In God we trust.

well said my friend amen

I am meeting with my accountant this coming week. I am a Christian, retired minister, and living off SS. I have paid tax through the years and will pay taxes that I owe. However, the question I am asking my accountant is, "What do I give to ministry and mission in order to offset or eliminate paying taxes on $1million dollars?" I had rather give my money to the church rather than to the government. He, of course, will come up with a plethora of ways to invest without paying taxes. I am really not that interested. If I can set up a trust, which will continue to give to mission long after I am gone, then I will contribute to that rather than give the money to Uncle Sam.

Lets just be realistic here for a moment, nobody likes paying anymore taxes to a wasteful govt than me but i would like to inject some common sense into this tax issue that keeps finding its way to the site. Questions still are being asked " is there some country offshore or someplace i can hide my money after the RV so i can keep most of it. If you ask a thousand people for an answer you probably would get hundreds of opinions just like i am going to give mine.

Lets say for example you have spent $1000 dollars to get a 1,000,000 dinars and you hold this until the RV comes, all the time thoughts keep running thru your head about how much taxes will come out of this and what will i have left. Then your dreams start adding to the amount you hope to keep to finance them costing more and more until you start entertaining thoughts about how can i hide the money from the Bully IRS so i can have what i want. You keep adding to your wants and your thoughts keep going back to hiding the wealth the RV has produced. Should i start secret offshore accounts, well what about investments in other countries and lets not forget the big one, maybe if i just don't pay them the IRS will never know and believe it or not there will be at least one person that will try this

Now lets drift back to a little common sense as i have used the example $1000 dollars to get 1,000,000 dinars and say it RVed at 1to1 which would give you $1,000,000 dollars less the $1,000 spent to get it you have $999,999.00 more money than a great many will see in a lifetime. We still don't know what our true tax rate will be some say 15% some say 35%. So on $1,000,000.00 at say 35% the IRS gets $350,000 dollars of your money that still leaves you $750,000 to do with what ever you wish taxes have been paid and you are free and clear to have fun. Remember now you only spent $1,000 to get this million. Small drop in the bucket compared to the out come don't you think. Let's now say you have decided to pull off a grand keep my money scheme and think you have beaten the IRS. You are comfortable with what you have done and you start spending money until the money that was supposed to be for taxes is gone also. What are you gonna do when the IRS comes knocking on your door and say it was reported to us that you made a million dollars last year and we see that no taxes have been paid. That piece of mind for a secure future just blew out the window and now the boggy man is going to be your master for the rest of your life all because you didn't take the time to seperate fact from fiction.

You don't know trouble until you have crossed the IRS. They are going after tax shelters, tax havens, and tax cheats and i am not saying anyone person will be doing this but go figure. I have seen what greedy minds do to people and i have seen the trouble it caused all which could have been avoided if they would have given the " what if " a thought. As i said i am against paying any more taxes than i have to but i will not look for ways to aviod paying whats required on what i get that way i have satisfied the govt, i have piece of mind knowing that they will not come take everything i have work for all my life over some stupid mistake of entertaining greedy thoughts. Then i and my family can go enjoy what God has allowed us to have. Everyone has their own thoughts about how and what they will do when the time comes and i would just like to throw this out there to chew on:::::Think twice act once, don't let your hands get itchy without using common sense. Piece of mind has more fun than a mind that has no piece. You can bet that the amount of money you get will be reported to the govt.........Heavyduty053

Got a little ahead of myself in my figures should have been 650,000.00 not 750,000.00

Got a little ahead of myself in my figures should have been 650,000.00 not 750,000.00

Apart from the mistake above and the fact that $1,000,000.00 minus $1,000 is $999,000.00 not $999,999.00 I totally agree with you .....

ALWAYS PAY YOUR TAXES PEOPLE !!

No matter how good you think your plan is to aviod paying .... they've seen it all before and will come down on you like a ton of bricks.

• Upvote 2

Like everyone, I want to make sure all taxes are paid...My concern is further down the line the IRS coming back claiming I owe more...What can be done to protect me if this happens..I heard about some letter, but don't remember what it was called.. Does anyone know? I am all about paying all taxes that are due, but I want to know that what is left is mine...! Will the tax lawyer that Adam suggest protect us from this? any comments on this..and thanks!

Like everyone, I want to make sure all taxes are paid...My concern is further down the line the IRS coming back claiming I owe more...What can be done to protect me if this happens..I heard about some letter, but don't remember what it was called.. Does anyone know? I am all about paying all taxes that are due, but I want to know that what is left is mine...! Will the tax lawyer that Adam suggest protect us from this? any comments on this..and thanks!

Get a good accountant or tax attorney. You will be able to afford one or two. They can help immensely.

Heavyduty053,

Thank you for taking the time to write this thought provoking message. You put it in simple perspective of our investments. By the way $1,000,000 - $350,000 = $650,000 (just want to tease you on this :) ). Some of us will be paying more than 35%. Peace is worth more and honesty goes a long way to eternity.