Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Chapter VII -

Bambino3

Hi bambino

I thought I read in one of the reports that it would not be in Iraq's best interest to revalue their currency until their debts are paid or forgiven....if they owe Kuwait say 20 billion dinars it would make more sense to pay 20 billion dinars @1170 value as opposed to 20 billion dinars @ say 1 dollar or even 3.62 per dinar value.....this was my take from one of the reports of the CBI or IMF.....their debts must be cleared especially chapter 7 before they RV.....this is the main reason or proof for my investment....we will see an RV :D

Dame

What happens with the Paris Club debt? Could it be forgiven? As I recall, 80% of it has been forgiven already.

Bambino, I hear what you are saying about the border; frustrating.

The lines of demarcation are already fairly well defined by the U NSC.

What is needed is for Maliki to send them an official communicae acknowledging them.

If I remember correctly, this is all the UNSC has been waiting on for the last four months.

The UNAMI is still funding the search for remains, and artifacts, and is still making progress. It is not known if they will renew the funding, but that seems to be a separate and contained issue.

It all falls back on Maliki, and he thinks they can bluster their way out of acknowledging Kuwait's borders, just like he feels he can continue to ignore the Kurdish requirements; which originated from the previous dictator refusing to acknowledge that Kirkuk belonged to Kurdistan.

I am not big on dictatorships, but at least Saddam kept his people fed..

And he kept Iran at bay....

Hi everyone. One of the misunderstandings of Chapter 7, from the very beginning, is that most Americans hear chapter 7 and they think of bankruptcy. This is not that kind of chapter 7 folks. The United Nations has a list of sanctions that they use to keep countries in line. These "sanctions" are referred to as "chapters" with a number attached to them. Iraq was under the control of a number of sanctions that were imposed by the U.N. Chapter 7 Sanctions was only a part of these sanctions. If you go to the U.N.'s website, you can navigate to a section that describes each sanction by chapter and number. For the longest time, I was confused by this also until I realized that Bankruptcy is a priveledge bestowed upon American Citizens when they get into financial trouble. It is a federal section of American law. Iraq doesn't have that priveledge. So I started doing research and found my mistake. It certainly sounds like bankruptcy, but it is not. Hope this helps to clear things up.

Do not think anyone thinks this had to do with US bankruptcy law. This is UN Chap VII.

My whole point, not answered - does this stop Iraq from having a tradeable currency?