Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Head in the clouds let's face some reality

• Iraq will RV around the value of the Kuwaiti dinar because they are Arabs and Arabs are proud people. They want to make a statement to the world that they are once again a player in the global economy and their currency will make that statement. Excuse me, but aren't the Saudis Arabs too? Aren't they Arabs in the United Arab Emirates and Qatar? And yet their currencies are all valued around $.27...

...Given these factors I don't see how Iraq could justify an RV at this time of even $1 let alone $3+.

I gotta agree with Brisco's view on this post. But I wanted to look at the quote above that we've all heard so many times.

Before I bought the IQD, I would have had no clue what you were sayig to me if you had used the words "Dinar" or "Rial (riyal)" or "Fil". I understand words like "dollar" and "cents" and to some extent, "the pound." So I began to look at these words.

I easily understand what a quarter or a dime or a nickel or a penny are, but these words are other names for US currency. We all understand them. So what do you call a 200 fil Iraqi coin from years ago? Why, you call it a rial. So a rial is 1/5 of a dinar.

And if a Saudi Riyal (name is too close to consider otherwise) is worth $.27, isn't it somewhat logical that 1/5 of a dinar could also be worth somewhere in the area of $.27 making the dinar worth $1.35? So the Saudis and Qataris like to use Riyals where the Iraqis and Kuwaitis use dinars. Could their currencies be related? Yes. No. Maybe. Kind of like the way the US dollar and the Canadian Dollar (anybody know what a Looney is?) and the Australian Dollar are all related. They're just the names of those countries' currencies. Let's not associate the word "dollar" with the currency of Zimbabwe.

NO I AM NOT MAKING AN RV PREDICTION!

So that's what I take away from it all.

Just don't look at the Iranian riyal and dinar because that would screw up my whole argument!

The post is extremely unclear as to who wrote it and when, and also appears to contain an attempt from another party to respond to it, as well as reference to a "book" - the author of which is also unclear. But the OP makes some extremely valid points, and the post is very well written. I think there's very little doubt that both the U.S. and Iraqi governments are totally aware of the speculation regarding the Dinar, and I suspect that Shabibi and his representatives are extremely careful in their choice of words in statements made for articles..... for very specific reasons. Clearly Iraq has been the recipient of literally MILLIONS (if not much more) of Dollars in what amounts to long-term, interest-free "loans" from so-called investors. They would be foolish to shoot themselves in the foot by making their ultimate intentions crystal clear. That being said, I believe they've done all but scream RD from the rooftops over the last 6 months without spelling it out in perfect english (something which Shabibi would be perfectly capable of doing if he desired). We have little choice now but to wait for the eventual outcome which may still be many months away. :unsure:

Like the way you think....means you're grounded. I'm sure most didn't want to hear it, though.

As to those points the guru's always make....

#1....Bush said the war would pay for itself. Okay, but how does that translate into a windfall for the average citizen? It does NOT. Just because he said the war would pay for itself, doesn't mean it would trickle back down to the tax payer...it only means the government would get theirs back. Since when did our leaders ever worry about what the middleclass gets? Never, just so they get theirs. :P

#2...The RV will be at the Kuwaiti dinar rate?????? Who came up with this BS? The value of a currency is based on hard economical data...not wishful thinking. The IQD has absolutely nothing to do with the KWD value. Any currency trader or economist can tell you this. The whole premise of pride as a reason for value is a joke. :D

#3...The $3 RV is a must because their budget calls for it?????????????? Again...who comes up with this BS. The budget says no such thing...nor do any international contracts. That's all pumper BS. :o

#4...Lower denoms proves RV.........it certainly does not. Just for giggles lower denoms could prove LOP....as it could prove a number of other things. It's all speculation. No one has any documented proof of what it means. ;)

#5...Dinar is backed by oil and gas reserves......Holy sheet, a true statement that doesn't prove anything in relation to an RV of any amount. Do you know it would take over 400 years for Iraq to cover a $1 RV with just oil and gas sales....400 years. Sorry, but this only indicates a very very slow rise in value over many many many years......NOT OVER NIGHT MILLIONAIRES. B)

#6...Banks wouldn't sell it if it were a scam...okay, let's say that is true.....it doesn't mean that it guarranties a profit either. That is all speculation. :blink:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Brisco, good analysis of the article! It would be interesting if we knew the author, however, it would not make much difference. He identified himself in the post; not with a name, but with his history.

Some of these long posts put me to sleep. This one, and you rebuttal did not. Good job.

I will not be satisfied with 3X my investment. Thought I might be, but I have too many good things to do with an RV of $3+.

• Upvote 1

As the CEO of an early stage media company, and having been raised in a NYC broadcast media family, I want to share some insight into media accuracy. Most, if not all, of the conclusions drawn by posters on this forum appear to be based on acceptance of many media articles as fact.

Hate to be a wet blanket, but I submit that NONE of the articles emanating from the Iraqi media, or our own media for that matter, can be classified as reliable. It's been established a while ago that, like our own media, the Iraqi media is afflicted with its own biases, depending upon which tribe's people own them, and which political bloc they support.

So to characterize these information sources as irrefutable is inaccurate at best. In the final analysis, they are derived merely from the OPINIONS and interpretations of the authors, much like our own. We'll all eventually arrive at the end point with the same Iraqi decision, no matter what it is. In the meantime, let's cut down on the vitriol and respect each others opinions, whether they agree with ours or not. Thanks.

• Upvote 1

Brisco, if I could give you all 10 of my green +ones, I would. Informative post brother. Best regards to you friend!!!!!! Slay.

THANKS MUCH APPRECIATED. GO RV

THANKS BRISCO, FOR THAT REMARKABLE POST, IT IS GOOD TO READ THROUGH THOUGHT OUT WORK, THANKS.

YOUR MORE THAN WELCOME GO RV

I seldom take the time to respond to drivel such as this, but since you have asked I will do so. I will also be posting my response to you in our Forum for others to read as well.

Here is the article (for the forum readers). My responses will follow:

I have delayed posting this out of concern for the feedback I will get but I think it's time to get this off my chest. Over the past few months I have grown increasingly concerned about the eventual outcome of this "investment". This year we have seen Ali from Dinar Trade stop selling dinar. The another site was raided by the authorities and has discontinued dinar sales. Okie has continued to make nonsensical claims with his endless "intel" that never comes through, even after Roger from another site (who was revealed to have an interest in dinar sales himself) threw him under the bus. Scooter was hounded away from DV and eventually withdrew almost completely from the dinar world. Phoenix said goodbye at DV at the first of the year thinking the RV was imminent and then resurfaced in the summer with his blogtalk program where he has been saying every day how close we are to an RV, only to run out of material when no RV occurred which led to him rambling on about earthquakes, astrology, and the Mayan calendar. Rate and date predictions from "prophet" George Robinson and "guru" SteveI came and went with no RV. Frank is still talking about this "blessing" even though his countdown to RV has long since expired. Meanwhile he has taken advantage of the delay to start a new website and begin selling dinar on his own. The criminal backgrounds of several dinar gurus were revealed. And the "Global Settlements/NESARA" crowd is still out there trying to link the RV to their agenda. It is especially disturbing to me that the dinar world is full of conspiracy nuts, religious fanatics, and con artists as well as your run of the mill idiots. Why aren't there more economists, currency experts, and investment advisors recommending the dinar? (Yeah, I know Adam Montana took the test and is certified to give investment advice. I'll believe that when he reveals his identity and his credentials.) Possibly because they realize just what a long shot this really is. Meanwhile in Iraq bombs are still going off, the political blocs are still fighting, there's still no security minister or HCL law, and we have yet to see the new lower denoms. I'm more convinced every day that this isn't going to turn out the way that I had hoped.

I'm not concerned about the time frame. I never was one of those "RV this week" people, and I've always said it's a long term speculative investment .... probably 2012-2015 before we see the dinar reach parity with the US dollar. What really has me concerned now is that the "experts" (not talking about the TerryK's or zzzzzzzzz's here - but people who really seem to understand this subject) for all of their knowledge of the dinar don't seem to really have any better idea what's going on than regular Joe’s like me who knew nothing about currencies 2 years ago and have no boots on the ground or intel to rely on. Early on I was trying to comprehend how Iraq, a nation whose currency had tens of trillions in circulation, could pull off an RV to equal or surpass the value of the USD. I finally decided to invest when it seemed that people who were more knowledgeable than me didn't seem to have concerns about the money supply or Iraq's ability to pull this off. As my confidence in these experts has dwindled I have become more convinced now than at any time since I first bought dinar that this is simply not going to happen.

Disinformation is coming to the dinar community (in my opinion) straight from the top levels of the US and Iraqi governments. (I don't go along with most conspiracy theories but this one I do.) I believe that they have intentionally leaked wrong information to the speculators to keep dinar sales going to help fund the Iraqi government. I can't tell you how many people I have talked to who have been given bad intel from people they truly trust who they see as very successful and well positioned to receive legitimate intel. These people weren't talking to dinar pumpers on the internet. They were talking with friends, family members, or business associates working in fields where they would be expected to have access to people in the know. And yet time and time again they got burned by bad intel. To me it's clearly an orchestrated campaign of disinformation, and so far we're left holding the bag.

I hope I'm wrong and that we see an RV this week of around a dollar, but my feeling right now is that we're probably not going to see any change in value until sometime next year at the earliest, and even then it might not be enough to produce any significant profits for investors once the exchange fees are figured in.

I feel bad for people who are clinging to hope because of their financial situations, but those people need to realize that this probably isn't going to be their solution and they better start looking elsewhere. The dinar isn't your answer!

I hear certain things repeated ad infinitum (and ad nauseum) from various dinar "analysts" that have no basis in fact. Among them ....

Read More Link on Right

• Bush said the war would pay for itself. I have searched for well over a year for evidence that Bush said this and I have only been able to find evidence to support the fact that Wolfowitz and Rumsfeld suggested that Iraq's oil could help to fund the reconstruction of Iraq. If anyone can provide for me an audio, video, or a transcript of a speech where Bush said this (not where somebody simply claimed that he said it) I'd love to see it. This "fact" is repeated often to convince people that there was always a plan in place to RV the dinar after the war to produce a huge windfall to the US government and dinar investors. I'd love for that to be true, but the Bush administration didn't plan much of anything for the post-war phase in my opinion, and unfortunately that includes the future of Iraq's currency. Sure, there was a plan published for the rebuilding of Iraq, but the idea of the existence of "the plan" by the Bush administration to generate trillions for our economy is pure fantasy in my opinion. People who believe in this secret plan also tend to read things into Obama's words about our coming economic turnaround that just aren't there. Obama is a politician and is saying what people want to hear. It doesn't mean he knows that something is up. It just means he's trying to remain positive and sell his program. Nothing more. If he isn't re-elected next year I'm sure the next president will say similar things to keep his poll numbers high.

• Iraq will RV around the value of the Kuwaiti dinar because they are Arabs and Arabs are proud people. They want to make a statement to the world that they are once again a player in the global economy and their currency will make that statement. Excuse me, but aren't the Saudis Arabs too? Aren't they Arabs in the United Arab Emirates and Qatar? And yet their currencies are all valued around $.27. Currencies aren't valued by human characteristics like pride. They are valued based on cold hard facts and economic reality. And the facts in Iraq include a government that is divided, corrupt, and pretty much dysfunctional. It is said that a nation's currency is no better than the government behind it, so what does that tell you about the dinar? The facts also include frequent terrorist attacks. They also include American troops in their streets by the tens of thousands. They also include sectarian division that threatens Iraq with civil war on a constant basis. Given these factors I don't see how Iraq could justify an RV at this time of even $1 let alone $3+.

• Iraq needs to RV at more than $3 because their budget requires it. Currencies aren't valued based on budgetary requirements. When was the last time the US met its budget? We're currently operating with a budget deficit of well over $1 trillion. Why don't we just revalue our currency to the point that we can meet our budget? Because economics doesn't work that way, that's why. DUH!

• The existence of new lower denoms would prove that there will be an RV. WRONG! The new lower denoms, if they even exist, could just as easily be used to supplant (as in "eliminate") the IQD as they could to replace (as in "remove the need for with an RV") the higher denoms. The issue isn't the existence of new lower denoms but how they are defined and valued by the CBI.

• The dinar will be backed by Iraq's oil reserves. This is a huge one, because this determines whether Iraq can significantly RV their currency or will have to settle for a slow, steady climb in value. I used to buy into this because certain people that I considered smarter than me seemed to believe it, but as those people are proven wrong time and time again I find myself questioning now whether oil that is still in the ground could be used to back a nation's currency. When the US backed the dollar with gold did we back it by gold in the ground, or with gold that had already been extracted and was ready for distribution? At the rate that Iraq is going it would take decades to produce the oil needed to RV at the values that many are predicting.

• Banks wouldn't sell the dinar if this was a scam. The "scam" allegations aren't directed at the legitimacy of the currency but at the hype surrounding this toilet paper currency. The hype is so prevalent that many banks that used to offer dinar to people who would be traveling to Iraq have discontinued selling them. And then of course the gurus claim that banks quit selling them because they know it will RV soon. Give me a break!

I could go on and on, but I think you can see where I'm coming from by now. I don't consider the dinar a scam in the sense that it's worthless and has no potential, but the whole "overnight RV to make us rich" scenario is garbage IMO. I went along with it for a while but I'm now convinced that none of us will ever retire based on what we make off of this investment. As Ali said a few months back "this is an investment, not a lottery ticket". (Unfortunately he said that after making millions selling the dinar to people that he knew were expecting an overnight RV to the point that many of them were buying on reserve. DON'T BUY ON RESERVE FOLKS!!!) If we double or triple our money I'm afraid we're going to have to settle for that and move on to the next retirement plan. Best of luck to all. End of rant.

The first several paragraphs I actually tend to agree with, so I won’t discuss those in detail.

Disinformation is coming to the dinar community (in my opinion) straight from the top levels of the US and Iraqi governments. (I don't go along with most conspiracy theories but this one I do.) I believe that they have intentionally leaked wrong information to the speculators to keep dinar sales going to help fund the Iraqi government.

Unfortunately the author of this post is doing the same thing that he condemns others for doing. If he claims that “no one knows”, then why is he adding fuel to the fire?

To me it's clearly an orchestrated campaign of disinformation, and so far we're left holding the bag.

It seems to me that this guy has fallen for the very same thing that he is condemning!

I hope I'm wrong and that we see an RV this week of around a dollar, but my feeling right now is that we're probably not going to see any change in value until sometime next year at the earliest, and even then it might not be enough to produce any significant profits for investors once the exchange fees are figured in.

Everyone has a right to their opinion.

• Bush said the war would pay for itself. I have searched for well over a year for evidence that Bush said this and I have only been able to find evidence to support the fact that Wolfowitz and Rumsfeld suggested that Iraq's oil could help to fund the reconstruction of Iraq. If anyone can provide for me an audio, video, or a transcript of a speech where Bush said this (not where somebody simply claimed that he said it) I'd love to see it.

It is unfortunate that this writer spent a year looking for something that I found in about 5 minutes.

Secretary Paul Wolfowitz told a congressional panel that Iraqi oil revenues would help pay for reconstructing the country, i.e. a cost of the war. “The oil revenue of that country could bring between 50 and 100 billion dollars over the course of the next two or three years. We’re dealing with a country that could really finance its own reconstruction, and relatively soon,” he said.

"One month before the war, then-White House press secretary Ari Fleischer said Iraq 'is a rather wealthy country. … And so there are a variety of means that Iraq has to be able to shoulder much of the burden for their own reconstruction.'"

http://banned site link - malware reported.org/politics/2010/03/14/86715/rove-iraq-oil/

This article does NOT state that WE will be reimbursed by Iraq’s oil revenue but instead that the RECONSTRUCTION of Iraq will be paid for with oil revenue.

However, as far back as April 3, 2003 it was clear that some people felt that Iraq would pay for the war itself.

Published on Thursday, April 3, 2003 by the Toronto Star

Divvying Up the War Booty in Iraq

by Haroon Siddiqui

"The money will be recovered from future Iraqi oil revenues. Or from those for whom the neighborhood has been made safe from Saddam, principally Israel and Kuwait. Don't be surprised if the Kuwaitis are leaned on for protection money."

http://www.commondreams.org/views03/0403-02.htm

So, who is right, who is wrong, and why? I suspect that it would have been a serious mistake for Bush to state that the eventual RV of the Iraqi dinar would pay for the war. That would have been a “self-defeating” statement in that it would have generated speculation clear back in 2003. So what was said? It was stated that Iraqi oil revenues would pay for the rebuilding of Iraq. That statement will be proven to be true. Our involvement will end, except for private investment.

I am not surprised that the a clear statement from then President Bush can’t be found on this matter.

• Iraq will RV around the value of the Kuwaiti dinar because they are Arabs and Arabs are proud people. They want to make a statement to the world that they are once again a player in the global economy and their currency will make that statement.

The author may not be aware that I have written a book in which I have given a link to an article made as far back as 2007 by Al-Zubaidi, the Minister of Finance, in which it was stated that the goal was to return the Iraqi dinar to the value it held prior to the Hussein regime, which, the article said, was $3.33. Then later in the year Shabibi of the CBI accepted that recommendation. They have been implementing this plan ever since.

• Iraq needs to RV at more than $3 because their budget requires it.

Sorry, I find no evidence that this has ever been stated. It HAS been stated that there are numbers in the budget that imply a higher value than 1170 to 1. However, no where have I seen that the budget REQUIRES an RV. In fact, it seems to me, like the Bush issue above, that if the rate was in the budget, or required by it, then it would be pretty obvious. However, it is NOT obvious. This guy is making a statement without backing.

• The existence of new lower denoms would prove that there will be an RV. WRONG! The new lower denoms, if they even exist, could just as easily be used to supplant (as in "eliminate") the IQD as they could to replace (as in "remove the need for with an RV") the higher denoms.

The existence of the lower denoms has been known since 2003 when they were created. However, it is now 8 years later. So how does this statement make sense? It only makes sense if there was in fact a plan from 2003 to eventually bring the value back to what it was in the early 1980s ($3.33, as Al-Zubaidi stated). So, in that sense, I would guess that the existence IS evidence of an intent to RV at some time. Had they not existed, why would they print them? Answer: because the intend to raise the value of the dinar. This isn’t rocket science. There existence, since 2003, is evidence of the plan, and the plan includes the RV.

• The dinar will be backed by Iraq's oil reserves. This is a huge one, because this determines whether Iraq can significantly RV their currency or will have to settle for a slow, steady climb in value.

This is again a misstated argument. I know of know one who is intelligent on this investment who has made this statement. The fact is that the IMF has made it perfectly clear (about 3 years ago) that they were going to “realign” the world’s currencies based upon the “underlying wealth of the country.” This includes over 100 different elements, including natural resources, manufacturing, tourism, population, actual per capital income, and so on. I’m not making this up. I have seen the 100+ variables. The simple reality is that the IMF is fully aware that there is not enough gold in the world now to support all currencies. So they created a new “gold” standard based on the underlying wealth of countries. Iraq has among the highest amounts of “underlying wealth.” In addition to its oil reserves and natural gas, it also has 2 large rivers running through it, which will make it the agricultural belt of the entire ME. Add to that the fact that they have ACTUAL reserves now over 100 billion dollars (it was $53 billion until they found a cave with all of Saddam’s gold in it – I’ve seen the photo). When all of the funds that have been withheld by the UN during Chapter 7 are returned, we are talking HUGE reserves. Now, if they reduce the money supply to 25 billion dinars (from 25 trillion dinars) as Shabibi said he would do, then they will have over 400% coverage of their money at $1 per dinar, and 100% coverage at $4 per dinar. The US, in contrast, as only 15% coverage of the dollar.

Add to that the “underlying wealth” and I believe Iraq can afford this RV.

• Banks wouldn't sell the dinar if this was a scam. The "scam" allegations aren't directed at the legitimacy of the currency but at the hype surrounding this toilet paper currency. The hype is so prevalent that many banks that used to offer dinar to people who would be traveling to Iraq have discontinued selling them. And then of course the gurus claim that banks quit selling them because they know it will RV soon. Give me a break!

Once again, this author assumes that he has the truth, just because he says so. On our site we have representatives from two dinar trading companies. Both have stated many timed that the banks are having difficulty in obtaining the dinars. This is the reason that they stopped trading them. This has nothing to do with the author’s “theory” that they stopped due to the “hype” factor. There is no evidence of this whatsoever, except in his own mind.

I suspect we should be happy that he didn’t say that the banks thought the dinars was a scam. However, even here he was wrong. Wells Fargo actually made that statement to its own employees! Of course they have since withdrawn it, admitting that it was done to stifle demand from their own employees!

So, we once again come back to the book I wrote almost 18 months ago, not one part of which has been negated. There is a plan, it is progressing, although not as quickly as either we would like or, apparently, as Shabibi would like. But those things are not entirely in his control, and not in our control at all. So we wait.

Hi, I agree with you 100%. You have given a very clear breakdown of events. Unfortunately we are hooked to these hypes and speculations. We all live in a fantasy world of becoming millionairs. My only wish is you will be proved wrong which I myself doubt it. Thanks for your honest opinion.

Cheers

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

invest with money you can afford to lose at your own risk.....the layaway folks are hosed.....pumping and layaway are the scam in this....

Said it before and will say it again:

Too inexpensive of an investment (with high potential of gain) not to invest. Only buy what you can afford and make sure you are comfortable with it and hang on tight.

TREXXX

I had trouble determining what was quoted text, what was opinion of the quoted text and what was opinion of the opinion of the opinions of the quoted text. It all made me think of a pile up on the freeway.

Here is what I believe will happen. OOOPS! Scratch that. Here is what I think will happen.

If the measure concerning an RD passes through Parliament there will occur an RD. Simple. Then POSSIBLY a small RV might happen to bring the Dinar and the Dollar EQUAL so that the Dinar will become more inviting to be used by Iraqis so that the Dollar can be eliminated from the country.

HOWEVER, there appears to be so much opposition in Parliament against the idea of having an RD occur it won't likely happen. And that means, Plan B will need to be put into operation. And what might Plan B be? What could it be other than an RV? There's nothing else on the table. So, there you go!

(Hey! I just realized, I'm no longer a LOPSTER! I'm a newbie pumper! What fun.)

That was good. What happens if you are correct? At my age I would die of a heart attack...hate getting my hopes up. Oh well back to the ginseng garden.

• Upvote 1

Hi Brisco--

When all of the funds that have been withheld by the UN during Chapter 7 are returned, we are talking HUGE reserves. Now, if they reduce the money supply to 25 billion dinars (from 25 trillion dinars) as Shabibi said he would do, then they will have over 400% coverage of their money at $1 per dinar, and 100% coverage at $4 per dinar. The US, in contrast, as only 15% coverage of the dollar.

Read more:

This I was not able to follow. Perhaps you could elaborate. It sounds like a LOP to me.

I seldom take the time to respond to drivel such as this, but since you have asked I will do so. I will also be posting my response to you in our Forum for others to read as well.

Here is the article (for the forum readers). My responses will follow:

I have delayed posting this out of concern for the feedback I will get but I think it's time to get this off my chest. Over the past few months I have grown increasingly concerned about the eventual outcome of this "investment". This year we have seen Ali from Dinar Trade stop selling dinar. The another site was raided by the authorities and has discontinued dinar sales. Okie has continued to make nonsensical claims with his endless "intel" that never comes through, even after Roger from another site (who was revealed to have an interest in dinar sales himself) threw him under the bus. Scooter was hounded away from DV and eventually withdrew almost completely from the dinar world. Phoenix said goodbye at DV at the first of the year thinking the RV was imminent and then resurfaced in the summer with his blogtalk program where he has been saying every day how close we are to an RV, only to run out of material when no RV occurred which led to him rambling on about earthquakes, astrology, and the Mayan calendar. Rate and date predictions from "prophet" George Robinson and "guru" SteveI came and went with no RV. Frank is still talking about this "blessing" even though his countdown to RV has long since expired. Meanwhile he has taken advantage of the delay to start a new website and begin selling dinar on his own. The criminal backgrounds of several dinar gurus were revealed. And the "Global Settlements/NESARA" crowd is still out there trying to link the RV to their agenda. It is especially disturbing to me that the dinar world is full of conspiracy nuts, religious fanatics, and con artists as well as your run of the mill idiots. Why aren't there more economists, currency experts, and investment advisors recommending the dinar? (Yeah, I know Adam Montana took the test and is certified to give investment advice. I'll believe that when he reveals his identity and his credentials.) Possibly because they realize just what a long shot this really is. Meanwhile in Iraq bombs are still going off, the political blocs are still fighting, there's still no security minister or HCL law, and we have yet to see the new lower denoms. I'm more convinced every day that this isn't going to turn out the way that I had hoped.

I'm not concerned about the time frame. I never was one of those "RV this week" people, and I've always said it's a long term speculative investment .... probably 2012-2015 before we see the dinar reach parity with the US dollar. What really has me concerned now is that the "experts" (not talking about the TerryK's or zzzzzzzzz's here - but people who really seem to understand this subject) for all of their knowledge of the dinar don't seem to really have any better idea what's going on than regular Joe’s like me who knew nothing about currencies 2 years ago and have no boots on the ground or intel to rely on. Early on I was trying to comprehend how Iraq, a nation whose currency had tens of trillions in circulation, could pull off an RV to equal or surpass the value of the USD. I finally decided to invest when it seemed that people who were more knowledgeable than me didn't seem to have concerns about the money supply or Iraq's ability to pull this off. As my confidence in these experts has dwindled I have become more convinced now than at any time since I first bought dinar that this is simply not going to happen.

Disinformation is coming to the dinar community (in my opinion) straight from the top levels of the US and Iraqi governments. (I don't go along with most conspiracy theories but this one I do.) I believe that they have intentionally leaked wrong information to the speculators to keep dinar sales going to help fund the Iraqi government. I can't tell you how many people I have talked to who have been given bad intel from people they truly trust who they see as very successful and well positioned to receive legitimate intel. These people weren't talking to dinar pumpers on the internet. They were talking with friends, family members, or business associates working in fields where they would be expected to have access to people in the know. And yet time and time again they got burned by bad intel. To me it's clearly an orchestrated campaign of disinformation, and so far we're left holding the bag.

I feel bad for people who are clinging to hope because of their financial situations, but those people need to realize that this probably isn't going to be their solution and they better start looking elsewhere. The dinar isn't your answer!

I hear certain things repeated ad infinitum (and ad nauseum) from various dinar "analysts" that have no basis in fact. Among them ....

Read More Link on Right

• Bush said the war would pay for itself. I have searched for well over a year for evidence that Bush said this and I have only been able to find evidence to support the fact that Wolfowitz and Rumsfeld suggested that Iraq's oil could help to fund the reconstruction of Iraq. If anyone can provide for me an audio, video, or a transcript of a speech where Bush said this (not where somebody simply claimed that he said it) I'd love to see it. This "fact" is repeated often to convince people that there was always a plan in place to RV the dinar after the war to produce a huge windfall to the US government and dinar investors. I'd love for that to be true, but the Bush administration didn't plan much of anything for the post-war phase in my opinion, and unfortunately that includes the future of Iraq's currency. Sure, there was a plan published for the rebuilding of Iraq, but the idea of the existence of "the plan" by the Bush administration to generate trillions for our economy is pure fantasy in my opinion. People who believe in this secret plan also tend to read things into Obama's words about our coming economic turnaround that just aren't there. Obama is a politician and is saying what people want to hear. It doesn't mean he knows that something is up. It just means he's trying to remain positive and sell his program. Nothing more. If he isn't re-elected next year I'm sure the next president will say similar things to keep his poll numbers high.

• Iraq will RV around the value of the Kuwaiti dinar because they are Arabs and Arabs are proud people. They want to make a statement to the world that they are once again a player in the global economy and their currency will make that statement. Excuse me, but aren't the Saudis Arabs too? Aren't they Arabs in the United Arab Emirates and Qatar? And yet their currencies are all valued around $.27. Currencies aren't valued by human characteristics like pride. They are valued based on cold hard facts and economic reality. And the facts in Iraq include a government that is divided, corrupt, and pretty much dysfunctional. It is said that a nation's currency is no better than the government behind it, so what does that tell you about the dinar? The facts also include frequent terrorist attacks. They also include American troops in their streets by the tens of thousands. They also include sectarian division that threatens Iraq with civil war on a constant basis. Given these factors I don't see how Iraq could justify an RV at this time of even $1 let alone $3+.

• Iraq needs to RV at more than $3 because their budget requires it. Currencies aren't valued based on budgetary requirements. When was the last time the US met its budget? We're currently operating with a budget deficit of well over $1 trillion. Why don't we just revalue our currency to the point that we can meet our budget? Because economics doesn't work that way, that's why. DUH!

• The existence of new lower denoms would prove that there will be an RV. WRONG! The new lower denoms, if they even exist, could just as easily be used to supplant (as in "eliminate") the IQD as they could to replace (as in "remove the need for with an RV") the higher denoms. The issue isn't the existence of new lower denoms but how they are defined and valued by the CBI.

• The dinar will be backed by Iraq's oil reserves. This is a huge one, because this determines whether Iraq can significantly RV their currency or will have to settle for a slow, steady climb in value. I used to buy into this because certain people that I considered smarter than me seemed to believe it, but as those people are proven wrong time and time again I find myself questioning now whether oil that is still in the ground could be used to back a nation's currency. When the US backed the dollar with gold did we back it by gold in the ground, or with gold that had already been extracted and was ready for distribution? At the rate that Iraq is going it would take decades to produce the oil needed to RV at the values that many are predicting.

I could go on and on, but I think you can see where I'm coming from by now. I don't consider the dinar a scam in the sense that it's worthless and has no potential, but the whole "overnight RV to make us rich" scenario is garbage IMO. I went along with it for a while but I'm now convinced that none of us will ever retire based on what we make off of this investment. As Ali said a few months back "this is an investment, not a lottery ticket". (Unfortunately he said that after making millions selling the dinar to people that he knew were expecting an overnight RV to the point that many of them were buying on reserve. DON'T BUY ON RESERVE FOLKS!!!) If we double or triple our money I'm afraid we're going to have to settle for that and move on to the next retirement plan. Best of luck to all. End of rant.

The first several paragraphs I actually tend to agree with, so I won’t discuss those in detail.

Disinformation is coming to the dinar community (in my opinion) straight from the top levels of the US and Iraqi governments. (I don't go along with most conspiracy theories but this one I do.) I believe that they have intentionally leaked wrong information to the speculators to keep dinar sales going to help fund the Iraqi government.

Unfortunately the author of this post is doing the same thing that he condemns others for doing. If he claims that “no one knows”, then why is he adding fuel to the fire?

To me it's clearly an orchestrated campaign of disinformation, and so far we're left holding the bag.

It seems to me that this guy has fallen for the very same thing that he is condemning!

Everyone has a right to their opinion.

• Bush said the war would pay for itself. I have searched for well over a year for evidence that Bush said this and I have only been able to find evidence to support the fact that Wolfowitz and Rumsfeld suggested that Iraq's oil could help to fund the reconstruction of Iraq. If anyone can provide for me an audio, video, or a transcript of a speech where Bush said this (not where somebody simply claimed that he said it) I'd love to see it.

It is unfortunate that this writer spent a year looking for something that I found in about 5 minutes.

Secretary Paul Wolfowitz told a congressional panel that Iraqi oil revenues would help pay for reconstructing the country, i.e. a cost of the war. “The oil revenue of that country could bring between 50 and 100 billion dollars over the course of the next two or three years. We’re dealing with a country that could really finance its own reconstruction, and relatively soon,” he said.

"One month before the war, then-White House press secretary Ari Fleischer said Iraq 'is a rather wealthy country. … And so there are a variety of means that Iraq has to be able to shoulder much of the burden for their own reconstruction.'"

http://banned site link - malware reported.../rove-iraq-oil/

This article does NOT state that WE will be reimbursed by Iraq’s oil revenue but instead that the RECONSTRUCTION of Iraq will be paid for with oil revenue.

However, as far back as April 3, 2003 it was clear that some people felt that Iraq would pay for the war itself.

Published on Thursday, April 3, 2003 by the Toronto Star

Divvying Up the War Booty in Iraq

by Haroon Siddiqui

"The money will be recovered from future Iraqi oil revenues. Or from those for whom the neighborhood has been made safe from Saddam, principally Israel and Kuwait. Don't be surprised if the Kuwaitis are leaned on for protection money."

http://www.commondre...s03/0403-02.htm

So, who is right, who is wrong, and why? I suspect that it would have been a serious mistake for Bush to state that the eventual RV of the Iraqi dinar would pay for the war. That would have been a “self-defeating” statement in that it would have generated speculation clear back in 2003. So what was said? It was stated that Iraqi oil revenues would pay for the rebuilding of Iraq. That statement will be proven to be true. Our involvement will end, except for private investment.

I am not surprised that the a clear statement from then President Bush can’t be found on this matter.

• Iraq will RV around the value of the Kuwaiti dinar because they are Arabs and Arabs are proud people. They want to make a statement to the world that they are once again a player in the global economy and their currency will make that statement.

The author may not be aware that I have written a book in which I have given a link to an article made as far back as 2007 by Al-Zubaidi, the Minister of Finance, in which it was stated that the goal was to return the Iraqi dinar to the value it held prior to the Hussein regime, which, the article said, was $3.33. Then later in the year Shabibi of the CBI accepted that recommendation. They have been implementing this plan ever since.

• Iraq needs to RV at more than $3 because their budget requires it.

Sorry, I find no evidence that this has ever been stated. It HAS been stated that there are numbers in the budget that imply a higher value than 1170 to 1. However, no where have I seen that the budget REQUIRES an RV. In fact, it seems to me, like the Bush issue above, that if the rate was in the budget, or required by it, then it would be pretty obvious. However, it is NOT obvious. This guy is making a statement without backing.

• The existence of new lower denoms would prove that there will be an RV. WRONG! The new lower denoms, if they even exist, could just as easily be used to supplant (as in "eliminate") the IQD as they could to replace (as in "remove the need for with an RV") the higher denoms.

The existence of the lower denoms has been known since 2003 when they were created. However, it is now 8 years later. So how does this statement make sense? It only makes sense if there was in fact a plan from 2003 to eventually bring the value back to what it was in the early 1980s ($3.33, as Al-Zubaidi stated). So, in that sense, I would guess that the existence IS evidence of an intent to RV at some time. Had they not existed, why would they print them? Answer: because the intend to raise the value of the dinar. This isn’t rocket science. There existence, since 2003, is evidence of the plan, and the plan includes the RV.

• The dinar will be backed by Iraq's oil reserves. This is a huge one, because this determines whether Iraq can significantly RV their currency or will have to settle for a slow, steady climb in value.

This is again a misstated argument. I know of know one who is intelligent on this investment who has made this statement. The fact is that the IMF has made it perfectly clear (about 3 years ago) that they were going to “realign” the world’s currencies based upon the “underlying wealth of the country.” This includes over 100 different elements, including natural resources, manufacturing, tourism, population, actual per capital income, and so on. I’m not making this up. I have seen the 100+ variables. The simple reality is that the IMF is fully aware that there is not enough gold in the world now to support all currencies. So they created a new “gold” standard based on the underlying wealth of countries. Iraq has among the highest amounts of “underlying wealth.” In addition to its oil reserves and natural gas, it also has 2 large rivers running through it, which will make it the agricultural belt of the entire ME. Add to that the fact that they have ACTUAL reserves now over 100 billion dollars (it was $53 billion until they found a cave with all of Saddam’s gold in it – I’ve seen the photo). When all of the funds that have been withheld by the UN during Chapter 7 are returned, we are talking HUGE reserves. Now, if they reduce the money supply to 25 billion dinars (from 25 trillion dinars) as Shabibi said he would do, then they will have over 400% coverage of their money at $1 per dinar, and 100% coverage at $4 per dinar. The US, in contrast, as only 15% coverage of the dollar.

Add to that the “underlying wealth” and I believe Iraq can afford this RV.

Once again, this author assumes that he has the truth, just because he says so. On our site we have representatives from two dinar trading companies. Both have stated many timed that the banks are having difficulty in obtaining the dinars. This is the reason that they stopped trading them. This has nothing to do with the author’s “theory” that they stopped due to the “hype” factor. There is no evidence of this whatsoever, except in his own mind.

I suspect we should be happy that he didn’t say that the banks thought the dinars was a scam. However, even here he was wrong. Wells Fargo actually made that statement to its own employees! Of course they have since withdrawn it, admitting that it was done to stifle demand from their own employees!

So, we once again come back to the book I wrote almost 18 months ago, not one part of which has been negated. There is a plan, it is progressing, although not as quickly as either we would like or, apparently, as Shabibi would like. But those things are not entirely in his control, and not in our control at all. So we wait.

While this may or may not have truthful stated facts it is still only the opinion of the writer and the fact that he is pushing his book on the subject. Take it for what you get out of it like all the rest. In my opinion what and when it may happen is in the hands of people far more versed than any guru, speculator or investor. Put your dinar in a safe place, drink your coffee and sit back and have piece of mind knowing that you didn't sink your finances by buying into this with monies alloted to bills........Heavyduty053