Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Talabani to Ask for Removal from Chapter 7 !!

Rayzur

Meet a number of the most prominent leaders of the Obama and Sarkozy

Baghdad morning

To be cast by President Jalal Talabani of Iraq in a speech meeting of the General Assembly of the United Nations of the 66 which will open this week in New York. And will review Talabani, who left Baghdad in the coming hours, through his files and security developments of political and economic development in the country. According to a source of political beginning (morning), Talabani, the president will invite the international community to finally get Iraq from Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations. The source, who requested anonymity, said that Talabani will be put important issues on the leaders of the world, where will review the President of the Republic the security situation and developments positive and ongoing efforts in the war against terrorism and move in a campaign of reconstruction and construction, in addition to political developments and the formation of a government of national partnership and ways of resolving the files outstanding. also will address the President of the Republic to benefit the withdrawal of U.S. troops from the country end of this year and negotiations to keep the experts and trainers to develop the capabilities of Iraqi forces to counter terrorism. The source confirmed that Talabani will meet on the sidelines of the General Assembly a number of leaders, foremost among whom are President Barack Obama and French President Nicolas Sarkozy, where he will discuss with them ways of developing bilateral relations, and will invite the heads of the kings of the world to visit Iraq, in addition to inviting international companies to invest. This is due to hold general discussions in the General Assembly of the United Nations during the period from 21 to 27 on September. Will participate in the session of the 66 Assembly of Heads of State and Government representing 121 countries. For the first time in history a woman will open the session is the president of Brazil Dilma Rousseff

http://www.alsabaah.com/ArticleShow.aspx?ID=13739

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

Thanks Rayzur...this fleshes out what BL bought to the table this morning. The big wheels are slowly turning and Talabani is a key player and elder statesman for Iraq. He's the cement that holds that joint from blowing itself apart from infighting and powerplays.

Great Post!!!

From my study of this investment over the last four months, I beleive Talabani is an asset to Iraq. He constantly serves as mediator between M & A. I believe he loves his country, and wants what best for the Iraqi people. Hopefully, Iraq will be lifted out of Chapter 7 this week. I'm not sure how that process works. I assume all the voting UN nations will vote on the issue. But, for the sake of the Iraqi people, it has to be a good thing. He will be in my prayers. It also may move the RV one step closser to reality. Great News :)

• Upvote 1

they will more than likely be removed beause they need Iraq to start tradng freely on the international level its been far too long the euro is going down, the US dollar is depreciating i mean the dinar needs to be traded globally. The time is Now Obama set Iraq free dammit.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 3

they will more than likely be removed beause they need Iraq to start tradng freely on the international level its been far too long the euro is going down, the US dollar is depreciating i mean the dinar needs to be traded globally. The time is Now Obama set Iraq free dammit.

Hey easy, when do you sleep? :lol: I like reading your 2cents worth. Keep it coming.

Go RV

Yes Adam is right, Iraq needs to be out of chapter seven to purchase 18 F-16's. Iraq needs to be able to defend itself.

9/14/2011 - WASHINGTON (AFNS) -- Iraq's potential purchase of 18 U.S. F-16 Fighting Falcons is an encouraging development that benefits both nations, the senior U.S. Air Force component commander in Iraq said Sept 14.

"I do not have any word yet that a letter of offer and acceptance is signed, but as you probably know, we did have a senior member of the Iraqi government visit Washington," said Maj. Gen. Russell J. Handy, the commander of the 9th Air and Space Expeditionary Task Force-Iraq and director of Air Component Coordination Element-Iraq.

"There was some great work done on that," Handy said. "Everyone that I talk to at every level of government in Iraq is convinced that that is the right approach for them. And so we're very encouraged by those words, and we feel that we're very close to them signing that letter of offer and acceptance."

Handy said the Iraqis could potentially buy more F-16s if, and when, they sign a letter of offer and acceptance.

"They are seeking to buy a larger number of F-16s than they had originally -- up to 36," he said. "This first letter of offer and acceptance is for 18 of them ... we hope to hear very soon that's signed, but no final word yet on that."

Handy said things remain very promising, but challenging in Iraq with Iraqis "on a path to be able to stand alone as a stable, self-reliant and unified nation."

"It's very exciting ... because we are afforded the opportunity to see the results of years of progress by many, many Americans' -- hard-earned progress," the general said. "It's challenging because as we continue to establish this enduring strategic partnership, we are reposturing or redeploying some 50,000 Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines and civilians from Iraq and transitioning bases, facilities and infrastructure to the government of Iraq and our U.S. Embassy partners."

Handy lauded U.S. military efforts in Iraq as troops conduct stability and transitioning operations.

"The Airmen I have the privilege of leading in Iraq through this challenge have a very important role in the transition," he said. "We continue to perform all the roles and missions we've done for a number of years."

Handy said these missions include over watch of American forces with intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance assets; close-air support; air mobility; aerial port operations; personnel recovery; and air base management -- all while reposturing U.S. forces.

"In addition to these traditional air component tasks, you'll find Airmen working together with their joint partners in just about every area in the country," Handy said.

The senior U.S. Air Force commander in Iraq also praised Airmen for their performance as advisers to Iraqi air force personnel.

"Our Air Force personnel have helped the Iraqi air force and the Iraqi Army Aviation Command progress to where they are now and have much to be proud of," Handy said. "These advisers have been very successful -- extraordinarily so if you think about it in the last five years."

Iraqi air force and Iraqi Army Aviation Command ranks "have grown tenfold," Handy said, noting American Airrmen have had an advisory role in those Iraqi units.

"As the Iraqis are moving forward and we're transitioning, we are handing more and more of those functions completely over to the Iraqis," Handy said. "Those proud, young Iraqi airmen I spoke of give us great hope."

http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123271958

• Upvote 1

Abawy: Iraq will call to respect its sovereignty and support emerging from Chapter VII in New York

18/09/2011-8: 15 | readers number: 23

Baghdad/Justice

He said Foreign Ministry Undersecretary Labid abawi, that Iraq will call during his participation in the meetings of the United Nations in New York to respect its sovereignty and support emerging from Chapter VII .واوضح abawy that " Iraq will take part in the meetings of the General Assembly of the United Nations in its Sixty-sixth session in New York

In a delegation headed by the president of the republic, Jalal Talabani, accompanied by Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari at the head of a delegation of his ministry ”, but did not set a date for the departure of the delegation, adding that President Talabani "will deliver a speech on Iraq and what he achieved and facing it and the political process, Iraq's foreign," he said, adding that Iraq "will call on the world for more solidarity with him in the economy, development and respect for its sovereignty and how to support his efforts to get out of Chapter VII," unlikely to include the port of mubarak, Iran and Turkey bombings. The General Assembly of the United Nations for the month of September each year, meeting in the presence of the members of the international organization of all of the 192 members, and each state a session, and therefore, the recommendations to the other organs of the United Nations, according to the UN Security Council and the International Court of Justice and others.

http://www.aladalanews.net/index.php?show=news&action=article&id=84853

• Upvote 3

Instead of my usual "Come on RV," let me interject a bit more. While there have been seriously conflicting opinion articles and supposed news coming out, information on Talabani has been positive throughout.

Let's hope that the UN releases Iraq out of Chap. 7, and hopefully see that these articles about Mailiki and Allawi posturing against each other were just "love spats."

COME ON IRAQ! COME ON RV!

also if they want those birds from us...then it has to be lifted

This could be the start of a new life. Lets get it done quickly!

Go ((E.A.S.Y.)) on them set them free!!! :)

• Upvote 1