Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Real Story On The Dinar!

Just a note for all...

There seems to be some confusion in the terminology from some folks.

LOP = a change in perceived value of the existing currency that is different from the actual face value by "virtually" moving the decimal point or "removing zeroes" from the value of a specific note. Ex: 25K IQD note becomes equal to a 25 IQD note. The physical number on the note did not change but the perceived value has.

RD = AKA: redenomination - the issuance of new denominations or a new currency of different denominations. Has no effect on actual value of each currency unit.

RV = AKA: revaluation - a change in the exchange rate thus increasing or decreasing the actual value of each currency unit. This is the ONLY function that changes the actual value.

A LOP is not an RD and affects the existing currency in circulation. A LOP, RD, and RV can be parts of the change process. What needs to happen in Iraq is an RD (change of physical notes) to bring out the lower denoms in preparation for the RV (change in the exchange rate) that will bring the value to the 1:1 ratio that's been talked about. An RD is required by thye Arbil agreements to add the Kurdish language to the notes and because they will need smaller denoms when or after the exchange rate is adjusted. Whether or not they LOP the existing currency is still up for debate.

Use the proper terms in the proper context and there will be less confusion about what's being discussed. A lot of people here don't have the knowledge that some of us have so it's important to get your terms and context correct for their benefit.

Fish

And that would be accomplished by RD instead of RV at a 1to 1 unfortunately....

You can't RD without RV.........

Edited by FishmanTx
  • Upvote 1

Just remember RD is just one of the measures CBI has to revalue the dinar, they have a number of measures ......Shabibi said so. I read it, but if you want me to call him I will. ;)

Please do call him! Tell him we need to have a sit down and talk about all this before he makes any sudden decisions! LOL

I WANT IN ON THIS TOO!!!!!!! ur Panthers suck!!! LOL

Hahaha hey leave them out of this!! You have to admit we did prettty good against the superbowl champs though! We have a rookie qb leading the team....its a work in progress!

Just a note for all...

LOP = a change in perceived value of the existing currency that is different from the actual face value by "virtually" moving the decimal point or "removing zeroes" from the value of a specific note. Ex: 25K IQD note becomes equal to a 25 IQD note. The physical number on the note did not change but the perceived value has.

RD = AKA: redenomination - the issuance of new denominations or a new currency of different denominations. Has no effect on actual value of each currency unit.

RV = AKA: revaluation - a change in the exchange rate thus increasing or decreasing the actual value of each currency unit. This is the ONLY function that changes the actual value.

A LOP is not an RD and affects the existing currency in circulation. A LOP, RD, and RV can be parts of the change process. What needs to happen in Iraq is an RD (change of physical notes) to bring out the lower denoms in preparation for the RV (change in the exchange rate) that will bring the value to the 1:1 ratio that's been talked about. An RD is required by thye Arbil agreements to add the Kurdish language to the notes and because they will need smaller denoms when or after the exchange rate is adjusted. Whether or not they LOP the existing currency is still up for debate.

Use the proper terms in the proper context and there will be less confusion about what's being discussed. A lot of people here don't have the knowledge that some of us have so it's important to get your terms and context correct for their benefit.

Fish

To my understanding the term LOP doesn't technically exist in the currency world but what you described as a lop is what Iraq describes as a redenomination....

To keep things simple I just refer the RD and LOP as the same thing so all people reading will understand what iraq is saying they are planning....but you are correct, with either lop/rd the exchange rate will go up after the process is over

Sir KeepAlot - Yeah compared to last year major improvment,and yes ur QB just might be a keeper. I'm a suferin skins fan so I really should'nt be talkin smack. I got an owner that has no clue when it comes to hirin the right folks to run football operations. We need to change the diapers,give a bottle to the little guy and keep him away from the stadium.HaHa And back to Newton he has an arm & mobility. Hopefully he has the football knowhow to go with all that talent,AND stay healthy.

Edited by caz1104

Just a note for all...

Fish

If you take a look at the articles HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE you will find that the term 'lop' is used interchangeably with redenomination.

From everything that I have read on redenomination, there are basically two types of redenomination. One is what countries go through when their national currency is switched to another outside currency, such as what happened with the euro. The other is what Iraq would be looking to do, where they are looking to reduce the money supply due to the effects of inflationary periods. HERE is a link that supports that statement.

Please do call him! Tell him we need to have a sit down and talk about all this before he makes any sudden decisions! LOL

Hahaha hey leave them out of this!! You have to admit we did prettty good against the superbowl champs though! We have a rookie qb leading the team....its a work in progress!

To my understanding the term LOP doesn't technically exist in the currency world but what you described as a lop is what Iraq describes as a redenomination....

To keep things simple I just refer the RD and LOP as the same thing so all people reading will understand what iraq is saying they are planning....but you are correct, with either lop/rd the exchange rate will go up after the process is over

Yeah I know, that was just for illustration purposes 'cuz in effect that's what it means, but folks get to thinking that RD is a bad word. They can do anything they want, but what we dont want is a LOP of the old currency. An RD and an RV are a definite must and will happen. RD because of Arbil/Erbil (whatever! lol) and RV because it's necessary to balance the RD with a rate change.

But instead of "Go RV" (they're going to RV anyway) we need to be yelling "NO LOP!!!!". :P

If you take a look at the articles HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE you will find that the term 'lop' is used interchangeably with redenomination.

From everything that I have read on redenomination, there are basically two types of redenomination. One is what countries go through when their national currency is switched to another outside currency, such as what happened with the euro. The other is what Iraq would be looking to do, where they are looking to reduce the money supply due to the effects of inflationary periods. HERE is a link that supports that statement.

Correct, but the term LOP does not refer to any new currency anywhere, it only affects the old. Nowhere will you see a LOP of a new currency. See what I mean? Just because a term is used in this way, doesn't mean it's used correctly.

And by your statement you have just illustrated my point to the letter. :DB)

Edited by FishmanTx
  • Upvote 1

Give me a negative if someone wants; but this needs to be said.

HopefulTxn, we know you believe in a LOP. There is a private website site that contains "J 4 D" that you belong too. (I'm not promoting or pushing a website. For those who are wondering, don't even bother. The orginally site was shut down by the owner(s) and a private site was created for a select group so they could bash everyone in secrecy, and that's their right. I know of at least 5 of those users here on that site.)

HopefulTxn, you have been screaming LOP for over 2 years now on that website alone. You do not believe in a revaluation, and I suspect you have alterer motives in your constant LOP articles, speech, and talk. Perhaps you are creating fear to push people to sell their dinar, and you are more than happy to buy it at a discounted price?

Why push so hard to make people believe in your LOP theory? Exactly why are you here attacking those who do not believe in a LOP as you do?

Edited by PD46
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

HopefulTxn, we know you believe in a LOP. There is a private website site that contains "J 4 D" that you belong too. (I'm not promoting or pushing a website. For those who are wondering, don't even bother. The orginally site was shut down by the owner(s) and a private site was created for a select group so they could bash everyone in secrecy, and that's their right. I know of at least 5 of those users here on that site.)

HopefulTxn, you have been screaming LOP for over 2 years now on that website alone. You do not believe in a revaluation, and I suspect you have alterer motives in your constant LOP articles, speech, and talk. Perhaps you are creating fear to push people to sell their dinar, and you are more than happy to buy it at a discounted price?

Why push so hard to make people believe in your LOP theory? Exactly why are you here attacking those who do not believe in a LOP as you do?

maybe he is just telling the truth. Being honest is rare on dinar sites.

All,

I believe that something is going to happen, and the investment is so inexpensive for the "potential" gain that I dont really care. From what I have read (often confusing at times) there is solid logic to bring forth for several possibilities.

TREXXX

First, the post you were replying to was not pushing the lop - it was simply rebutting someone elses' assertion that a lop and a redenomination were two different things.

Second, the 'private site' you are referring to is in no way a place for people to bash others in secrecy. Do people make fun of the constant guru BS on that site? Abso-friggin-lutely. But every guru that has been claiming rates, dates and other bogus claims over and over for years, IMO, definitely has some mocking coming their way.

In regards to what I believe or don't believe - I doubt you have a clue on that either. The tactics I may use to try and get those that promote that only one option is available to Iraq, when history shows something completely different does not necessarily mean you can determine my belief in anything. The only thing you know for sure is that I am trying to get people that make claims to put up supporting evidence of such.

I have said repeatedly that we all hope for the best, but to always be prepared for the worst. What is wrong with that scenario? What is wrong with challenging unsubstantiated claims on something, that to this point has only made some site owners and currency dealers a good amount of money?

If you have such an issue with my manner of posting, by all means put me on ignore. B)

• Upvote 2

Malcer....none of us know what will happen. We all make educated guesses. I only get concerned when I see people buying more dinar than they can afford.

We all are in this to make money, lets hope we make a lot

That is a great thing to do, I had to make a serious decision on how much to invest. I don't want anyone to do anything more than use good common sense when investing, but when both sides are beating folks over the head with the RV /RD stick it gets out of control. Bottom line is that everyone has to make up their own mind. I don't claim any superior knowledge when it comes to this investment,but I do come to this site for others insight,whether I agree or disagree with there take on it I still want to read it,preferably without all the bickering and side taking. The fact is that I once thought it may be a straight RV but now I'm not so sure, I still hope it will but only time will tell. Thanks for taking time to comment and God bless.

• Upvote 1

All I hear is crickets now.....what happened to surferdinar and 7dinar?

Did you. Two actually leanr something today? LOL

Yep sure did, what you can't get through your head nor your cronies...IT'S CALLED THE TRUTH STRAIGHT FROM SHABIBI'S MOUTH!!

Economic reports : The Governor of Central Bank:

This year's budget focused on increasing the volume of investment in Iraq

شبكة الإعلام العراقي Iraqi Media Network

Said Dr. Shabibi Central Bank Governor that the budget for this year's investment budget because it focused on the size of the investment Ziada.

Shabibi said that the Central Bank's role is to address the imbalance that would result from the development process that will come from changes in economic structure are basic.

He pointed out that the Central Bank is to achieve development in a stable monetary environment through attention to all means and policies to achieve economic stability and moderation in the environment and the normal rate of inflation moderate.

He continued that our budget relating to the conservation of its resources, and is done by fighting inflation.

He stressed that the bank had a number of measures including raising the dinar exchange rate.

Indicating that the effect of this action on the budget through the influence on the purchasing power of the government, will increase by addressing inflation.

Shabibi said: that this policy will increase the confidence in dinars, which will pull some of the money to the banking sector and the rationalization of government spending because of its impact on inflation.

He indicated that this procedure leads to a reduction in import prices of goods such as private sector imports and imports the government's development that comes from the transfer of the Iraqi dinar to the dollar.

He added that the policy at a time weakens the ability of the government to buy the dinar, it strengthens Aldenarabraghi which is owned by the government.

He pointed out that the bank wants and means to affect the economic and monetary policy by making the dinar valuable and powerful.

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=ar&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.alitthad.com%2Fpaper.php%3Fname%3DNews%26file%3Darticle%26sid%3D23590

2011-09-19

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Of course. In the video when asked about an RV Shabibi talks almost exclusively about inflation (just before he talks about the decision to RD having been made and its only a question of when). So they'd like inflation to be perhaps under 5% and its maybe heading to 10%, right? So you think the solution is to RV by 100,000%?

I have been reading this forum for some while and decided to join. Firstly, I decide to invest in DInar not because I think it will make me a millionaire but I hope it can make me one. I find the maths a bit far fetched and my primitive mind just could not fathom the complexities of such a big RV in a single go does change the whole perspective of the world. For one, the US debt problem will just vanish into thin air.... their years of deficit would be repaid in a blink of an eye. Secondly there will be thousands or millions of new millionaires walking the streets of the world.. all thanks to Iraq.

Honestly, I want the RV to be real and to happen. I guess its not wrong trying to live a fantasy sometime.

Yep sure did, what you can't get through your head nor your cronies...IT'S CALLED THE TRUTH STRAIGHT FROM SHABIBI'S MOUTH!!

Economic reports : The Governor of Central Bank:

This year's budget focused on increasing the volume of investment in Iraq

شبكة الإعلام العراقي Iraqi Media Network

Said Dr. Shabibi Central Bank Governor that the budget for this year's investment budget because it focused on the size of the investment Ziada.

Shabibi said that the Central Bank's role is to address the imbalance that would result from the development process that will come from changes in economic structure are basic.

He pointed out that the Central Bank is to achieve development in a stable monetary environment through attention to all means and policies to achieve economic stability and moderation in the environment and the normal rate of inflation moderate.

He continued that our budget relating to the conservation of its resources, and is done by fighting inflation.

He stressed that the bank had a number of measures including raising the dinar exchange rate.

Indicating that the effect of this action on the budget through the influence on the purchasing power of the government, will increase by addressing inflation.

Shabibi said: that this policy will increase the confidence in dinars, which will pull some of the money to the banking sector and the rationalization of government spending because of its impact on inflation.

He indicated that this procedure leads to a reduction in import prices of goods such as private sector imports and imports the government's development that comes from the transfer of the Iraqi dinar to the dollar.

He added that the policy at a time weakens the ability of the government to buy the dinar, it strengthens Aldenarabraghi which is owned by the government.

He pointed out that the bank wants and means to affect the economic and monetary policy by making the dinar valuable and powerful.

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=ar&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.alitthad.com%2Fpaper.php%3Fname%3DNews%26file%3Darticle%26sid%3D23590

2011-09-19

So your just gonna ignore the questions I put forward for you to answer so you can explain everything to me and the "cronies"? LOL

I didn't think you would answer them anywahys.....like you would even know where to start.....instead you post an article that doesn't have much to do with what we were talking about before.....good job at changing the subject! LOL.....its cool.....I know you have nothing substantial to debate what I brought forward.

Now to your article.....yes that's great, strengthening the dinar.....that can still be achieved in two ways....can you guess what those are? LOL

I hate to break it to you but this doesn't mean straight up that it has to RV......I wish it did....cause I have seen more then a couple like this and used to hang on it like a fly on poop.....hahahaha but remeber, they won't ever come out and say they are going to rv right? But this time its true and they will come right out and say it right?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

estewart,

Are you saying RV before an RD? I have no doubts of an RV, but I really dont know the answer to the big question of will they RD then RV (which would kill the get rich overnight dream).

TREXXX

I believe the RD would kill everyone's dreams. But I do not understand why would they want to do an RD after and RV... it would be more likely for them to do and RD then an RV. But it would do very little to alleviate the issues of making the Dinar the currency of choice.. would it?

• Upvote 1

I believe the RD would kill everyone's dreams. But I do not understand why would they want to do an RD after and RV... it would be more likely for them to do and RD then an RV. But it would do very little to alleviate the issues of making the Dinar the currency of choice.. would it?

The only difference the order makes would be if they way till after the RD is done (2 years likely) and then RV. That would mean we would have to exchange for the new currency. Whatever size RV they have planned to go along with the RD I think it makes sense to do the RV the moment the RD is announced. But no way to know.

An RV has to get through Parliament for it to become a reality.

Does it? Clearly (well perhaps that's too strong a word for anything in this play..) the RD is in parlament. But does an RV go that route? I'd find that very surprising as no way can it be kept secret. My guess is that Shabibi and some CBI board can alter the exchange rate on their own.

Does it? Clearly (well perhaps that's too strong a word for anything in this play..) the RD is in parlament. But does an RV go that route? I'd find that very surprising as no way can it be kept secret. My guess is that Shabibi and some CBI board can alter the exchange rate on their own.

yes obviosuly maliki doesnt like the RD plot aand has came out and said it an RV doesnt have to go through parliament The governer can adjust it according to their new budget and what he see fit for the economy and the citzens of Iraq. Shabbs will RV to curb the infaltion what else is there to do?