Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

7.3 quake in Fiji and the Ring of Fire is filling in

Sirius

7.3 quake in Fiji and the Ring of Fire is filling in

Won't be long now....another 8 or 9 on the horizon.

http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/

Fiji shaken by magnitude-7.3 earthquake

Fri, 16 Sep 2011 8:21a.m. NZ

A magnitude-7.3 earthquake rattled Fiji in the Pacific Ocean this morning, the US Geological Survey reported.

No tsunami warning was issued, and no damage or casualties was immediately reported.

The 7:30am quake was deep, some 626km below the surface, the USGS said.

The USGS said the quake hit some 425km west of Nuku'alofa, Tonga, and 453km southeast of Suva, Fiji.

quake-420.jpg?width=300;pvcce373106f9f6355

http://www.3news.co.nz/Fiji-shaken-by-magnitude-73-earthquake/tabid/417/articleID/226028/Default.aspx

Here in NZ, we get about 5 tremors a day normally ranging in the 3.2 to 4.1 area. I asked one of my co-workers, who is a scientist works for the National Science Foundation, how long this new earthquake acttivity would be going on. He simply laughed and said that the Earth has gone thru a very quiet era the last 10,000 years or so...which is actually quiet rare. The activity we are seeing now is more like a normal cycle. And that these cycles can not be counted in 10, 100 or 1000 years but ten's of thousands of years.

Bottomline: We are in for a lot more rocking and rolling in the years to come. :huh:

Here in NZ, we get about 5 tremors a day normally ranging in the 3.2 to 4.1 area. I asked one of my co-workers, who is a scientist works for the National Science Foundation, how long this new earthquake acttivity would be going on. He simply laughed and said that the Earth has gone thru a very quiet era the last 10,000 years or so...which is actually quiet rare. The activity we are seeing now is more like a normal cycle. And that these cycles can not be counted in 10, 100 or 1000 years but ten's of thousands of years.

Bottomline: We are in for a lot more rocking and rolling in the years to come. :huh:

VERY true! Hold on tight down there! :D

• Upvote 1

[

The USGS said the quake hit some 425km west of Nuku'alofa, Tonga, and 453km southeast of Suva, Fiji.[/color]

These pacific nations are actively involved in the Rugby world cup currently being held in NZ...its a clash of nations....hence the reverberating effect being felt....just sayin'

• Upvote 3

I should have said,"Find SOMEONE to hang on tight to!" :lol:

• Upvote 2

The Rugby Games are AWESOME.

The US had an incredible game against Russia last night. It was soooooo good. :woot:

The Russians should be very proud of their team, they defended their goal better than any team I've ever seen. While our beloved Eagles did a great job on running the ball and won the day. While I think any sports nut says he wants his team to completely destroy his competition and run away with the game....deep down inside, we rather love a close nail bitting game like last night.

And tonight we have the ALL BLACKS against Japan. Should be exciting!

• Upvote 1

The Rugby Games are AWESOME.

The US had an incredible game against Russia last night. It was soooooo good. :woot:

The Russians should be very proud of their team, they defended their goal better than any team I've ever seen. While our beloved Eagles did a great job on running the ball and won the day. While I think any sports nut says he wants his team to completely destroy his competition and run away with the game....deep down inside, we rather love a close nail bitting game like last night.

And tonight we have the ALL BLACKS against Japan. Should be exciting!

Agreed! 'Nail biting' games ARE the best! For the players, too!

Do you 'play' with these guys! Well, I mean rugby players? :D

LAST NITE on Pheonix3333's radio show...

he said today (which is the 188th day since the Japan Earthquake) there would be a big earth quake...

as the quakes have been happening is 188 day cycles...

you can read about is at:

SOURCE ARTICLE

Best Wishes,

Proteus

I don't believe that. They always tried to predict earthquakes in California and that we were gonna fall in the Ocean and still waiting. Earthquakes cannot be predicted. It's like this, if you have not had a big quake in 10 to 15 years, your probably in for one. Aost likely a big one. 6-9 on Richter Scale. Then again, you may not have one at all, or just have a 3.0. You can have 2 separate big quakes in same day different faults. Still have not figured what makes the earth's plates move when they do.

Edited by uncirculd