Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Show Your Thanks to the Troops

Not true....unless you served in a conflict ON N.American soil

Don't be so quick to believe some talking point....even if it makes you sound "macho".

Don't need to enlist....Because I have been working since I was 13 years old paying taxes for those military paychecks

And I don't need a GI Bill for college...cuz I paid for that too.

No need to enlist for "just a job to do"....cuz I built my own company and employ other folks who pay tax also..

How will you have a job when the military machine bankrupts the people paying for it?

Just saying

My opinion is that what our military has been doing around the world would constitute a better discussion for stupidity.

I speak 3 languages....and don't owe any of that to the military....or lack thereof.

• Downvote 7

THX for bringing this back, missed it the first time around !! 2 questions.....will our Military know what this is, and is this sign language, jw

Whenever I see a Service Member I do tell them thank you for their service

LFtongue.gif

I do the same every chance I get.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.... :hug:

• Upvote 1

"[Don't need to enlist....Because I have been working since I was 13 years old paying taxes for those military paychecks

No need to enlist for "just a job to do"....cuz I built my own company and employ other folks who pay tax also.."

My son who just went to Basic training has been working since he was 16 and paying taxes (I guess for the military).

He graduated from high school with honors and had a nearly perfect ACT score. He could have gone to college on a scholarship but he chose to honor our country and serve in our military. He plans on going to college when he has done his service.

So not everyone NEEDS to enlist. There are those who choose to go for people like you. There are those who go because it is a calling...something they feel compelled to do.

It is very insulting to say that people serve in the military for "just a job to do".

My husband has served 3 tours in the ME and has served here in the US after Katrina. He said by far the American people with Katrina were.....well.....difficult. And yet he stays in to serve. In addition he is a Firefighter in his civilian life....so he had no reason to enlist other than because it was the right thing to do for him.....it wasn't that he couldn't find a job without the military.

It doesn't bother me that people like you don't get it....you don't have to....we are blessed that there are American men and women who do.

• Upvote 6

I truly dislike it when people think they need to become so religious to support a point. Richman seems he is so pious because he does not respect the military and only 'fears God'. Big woop. We can get into all sorts of discussions of the military in the Bible but this is not the place. He seems to forget that if it was not for the military he would have been shot already for 'speaking his mind'. Germany under Hitler would not permit him to speak his mind. Tojo would not have permitted him to speak his mind. I really don't give a rat's left butt cheek if he can speak 3 or 30 languages. He has the freedom to yack in whatever language he wants because of our service men and women.

• Upvote 2

"[Don't need to enlist....Because I have been working since I was 13 years old paying taxes for those military paychecks

No need to enlist for "just a job to do"....cuz I built my own company and employ other folks who pay tax also.."

My son who just went to Basic training has been working since he was 16 and paying taxes (I guess for the military).

He graduated from high school with honors and had a nearly perfect ACT score. He could have gone to college on a scholarship but he chose to honor our country and serve in our military. He plans on going to college when he has done his service.

So not everyone NEEDS to enlist. There are those who choose to go for people like you. There are those who go because it is a calling...something they feel compelled to do.

It is very insulting to say that people serve in the military for "just a job to do".

My husband has served 3 tours in the ME and has served here in the US after Katrina. He said by far the American people with Katrina were.....well.....difficult. And yet he stays in to serve. In addition he is a Firefighter in his civilian life....so he had no reason to enlist other than because it was the right thing to do for him.....it wasn't that he couldn't find a job without the military.

It doesn't bother me that people like you don't get it....you don't have to....we are blessed that there are American men and women who do.

Thanks for sharing your story. I'm humbled by your words. Some will never understand. Peace to you and your family!

Ski

• Upvote 1

I truly dislike it when people think they need to become so religious to support a point. Richman seems he is so pious because he does not respect the military and only 'fears God'. Big woop. We can get into all sorts of discussions of the military in the Bible but this is not the place. He seems to forget that if it was not for the military he would have been shot already for 'speaking his mind'. Germany under Hitler would not permit him to speak his mind. Tojo would not have permitted him to speak his mind. I really don't give a rat's left butt cheek if he can speak 3 or 30 languages. He has the freedom to yack in whatever language he wants because of our service men and women.

Don't need to "become" religious...Don't believe in religion.

I have the freedom to speak the TRUTH anytime I am moved to do so...Has not 1 iota to do with "service men and women".

I was given that wonderful freedom when God gave me a tongue and sound mind.

Time to speak out.

What an idiot!

:angry: get a clue foolio :angry:

To quote a great speaker from the 80's Hot for Teacher video........VanHalen......."I don't feel tardy" :)

Don't need to "become" religious...Don't believe in religion.

I have the freedom to speak the TRUTH anytime I am moved to do so...Has not 1 iota to do with "service men and women".

I was given that wonderful freedom when God gave me a tongue and sound mind.

And I can assure you that if it was not for the God given service men and women during WWII you would not have a tongue remaining in your head after you tried talking about the dictator like you so freely do against our military. Your religiousness makes me ill. It is people like you that if I had to depend upon you as an example of 'Christianity' I would take my chances with hell. But I know that you are no example of God loving people.

Read more:

• Upvote 1

"People like me".....are the ones who get it.....Literally....Fortunately, for me, Government money is not required for my family to eat and pay bills.

Sorry to hear your son made such a poor choice.......Mine would have been for education first.

• Downvote 4

therichman...For a person that speaks of God in his conversation, your example is disappointing... you hang tight to a fork tongue. God gave you the freedom to use your words for the good of Him, not to be abused.

Yes I can respect your opinion of non agreement, but I would of thought you good presented in a more calmer fashion.

The post was merely a gesture of gratitude to our servicemen/women. Nothing more.

Hope you can soften your heart a bit.

• Upvote 1

therichman...For a person that speaks of God in his conversation, your example is disappointing... you hang tight to a fork tongue. God gave you the freedom to use your words for the good of Him, not to be abused.

Yes I can respect your opinion of non agreement, but I would of thought you good presented in a more calmer fashion.

The post was merely a gesture of gratitude to our servicemen/women. Nothing more.

Hope you can soften your heart a bit.

Nothing wrong with my heart.....perhaps you can open your eyes to behold evil when it is in your face.....And....Rebuke it.

• Downvote 2

Nothing wrong with my heart.....perhaps you can open your eyes to behold evil when it is in your face.....And....Rebuke it.

I'm pretty sure every single country in the world has some type of a military. I'm pretty sure it is the leaders that command those militaries that you have a problem with. I feel like there is a misunderstanding going on here...

• 1 month later...

If your not military and you want to thank someone for their service just walk up to them and tell them. I have been in the military for 15 years and i am on my 10th deployment. Every time someone thanks me or buys me a drink for my service i am always humbled and can convey nothing but thanks back to them for their thoughts.

On the Flip side i have had people talk a little smack about the military and the US to my face. I let them finish then i always say, your welcome. After their long pause i expalin that because of people like me who sacrifice for freedome they have the right as an American to express their opinion. Even tho i don't agree with your ignorance i will fight to preserve your right to be stupid.

For those of you wpo serve i thank you. I know we fight between the services but we all have our rolls to play and we all sacrifice in different ways. To the civilian EMT's, police, fire fighters, doctors, nurses. I also thank you for what you do for your communities.

For those civilains that support us i thank you for supporting us and contributing to the greatest nation in the history of the wold.

For the civilians that don't support the militery and the US,..........Your welcome any way... Just remember freedome isn't free and anything worth having comes at a price. If your reading this and your one of these people remember the military liberated the enslaved people who are giving you the freedome to take a chance on this investment.

This is long so i'm not going to proof read it.. Sorry in advance.

• Upvote 1