Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Is it time deleting three zeros from the Iraqi currency

BondLady

Bondlady what are you seeing in this article that we all are very clearly missing??

Now this is a very good question and I am curious of the answer. Removing three 0's from the current dinar can only mean one thing, so I really am curious as to how this will get spun. You can polish a turd all you want, but in the end, it's still a turd

• Upvote 1

When I read this,,,it seems they are trying to go back 25 to 30 years,,when the dinar was worth $3.22....They have to take into account,,,that while they were bogged down in three wars,,the rest of the world was moving on,,,25 yrs ago iraqis were making 800 hundred dollars a year,,,now they will make 18,000 on average ,,,WHAT SAY THEY JUST REVALUE AT $1.00 PER DINAR AND LET THE DUST SETTLE FOR TWO YEARS...THEY WANT $3.22,,,,SETTLE FOR $!.00 AND BE HAPPY,I WILL BE HAPPY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course it sounds like a LOP.....they will NEVER tell you what there true intentions are. You guys waiste alot of time trying to decipher the outcome and translating these Arabish articles.....Look at the big picture.

This is the clearest explanation the cbi uas ever gave. they give you the definition of delete three zeroes. its true they wont say rv, but if it was a straight rv, they couldve blackedout the media. there are alot of people in here who trust in shababi to rv. the ironic thing is people believe he is lying.

• Upvote 1

Of course it sounds like a LOP.....they will NEVER tell you what there true intentions are. You guys waiste alot of time trying to decipher the outcome and translating these Arabish articles.....Look at the big picture.

WOW WON'T POST AGAIN ALL I DID WAS TELL YOU WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE AND I EVEN SAID SORRY SORRY AGAIN. I have noticed if you don't say what everyone want to hear then your the bad guy.

Out of curiosity if you believe in a lop, what if I have low denominations without 3 zeros?

I TRY not to think about a lop, but it's been said that the lower denoms will also be lopped and be worth what our US change is (.05, .10, .25 etc). the theory is that the lower denoms will be worth approx what our nickels, dimes, and quarters are worth so as to be more on the same page as the USD.

Out of curiosity if you believe in a lop, what if I have low denominations without 3 zeros?

three zeros come off of ALL of the currency....just keep moving the decimal point over....you are no better off with low denominations....IF they redenominate it will apply to all currency. Hope you didn't over pay for your lower denominations as some have.

How many times does this need to be explained. All they mean by deleting the three zeros, is removing those notes from circulation. Shabs has already said they will coexist for 2 years. Imagine this, your in Iraq, you have one 25000 dinar note and your neighbor has one hundred 250 dinar notes. They LOP 3 zeros, now you have 25 dinar, but your neighbor still has 25000, how happy are you going to be when you find out about this? What if you had 25000 dinar in your checking account? Are they going to reach in and take 24975 dinar out? Shabs also has told us time and time again we aren't going to lose any value. There has been talk of them creating a 100,000 dinar note, why would they do this if they are planning on a LOP?

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

How many times does this need to be explained. All they mean by deleting the three zeros, is removing those notes from circulation. Shabs has already said they will coexist for 2 years. Imagine this, your in Iraq, you have one 25000 dinar note and your neighbor has one hundred 250 dinar notes. They LOP 3 zeros, now you have 25 dinar, but your neighbor still has 25000, how happy are you going to be when you find out about this? What if you had 25000 dinar in your checking account? Are they going to reach in and take 24975 dinar out? Shabs also has told us time and time again we aren't going to lose any value. There has been talk of them creating a 100,000 dinar note, why would they do this if they are planning on a LOP?

Bank accounts/electronic funds supposedly will be effected just as hard currency. They absolutely can and will make a bank account with 1,000,000 dinars equal 1,000 dinars if they chose to delete the zeros. And in your example of the 25000 dinar and someone else having 100 250 dinars - I respectfully disagree. The 250 dinars would also have zeros removed and become 100 ".25" coins...so a 25000 becomes a 25 and the 100 250'4 becomes 100 .25's, thus they still hold the same value as each other.

Again I strongly hope and pray for the zeros not to be removed, but this is how I've seen it explained for years and the articles seem to back that up (hopefully they're not truthful articles!!) Just my opinion of course....

Apparently a couple more times. A lop would affect all of the notes. Your 250 dinar would become a ¼ dinar. Checking accounts will be affected by a lop as well. Why is this so hard to understand? Also the 100,000 dinar note is used for bank transfers. They needed a note worth more than $21 and change which has been stated many times before. This is a temporary fix until they can lop and redenominate.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Bank accounts/electronic funds supposedly will be effected just as hard currency. They absolutely can and will make a bank account with 1,000,000 dinars equal 1,000 dinars if they chose to delete the zeros. And in your example of the 25000 dinar and someone else having 100 250 dinars - I respectfully disagree. The 250 dinars would also have zeros removed and become 100 ".25" coins...so a 25000 becomes a 25 and the 100 250'4 becomes 100 .25's, thus they still hold the same value as each other.

Again I strongly hope and pray for the zeros not to be removed, but this is how I've seen it explained for years and the articles seem to back that up (hopefully they're not truthful articles!!) Just my opinion of course....

More than likely IMO they are going to RV at .86 it makes sense especially since they need to dedollarize. A 25000 dinar note is worth $21. Imagine they RD then RV at .86, you now have 21.50. Do you really think all of shabibis hard work for all of these years has been to give his people a whopping .50? I don't think so. Imagine what it was like not so long ago here in the states when there were still $10,000 notes in circulation. Even those notes have been taken out of circulation (deleted), if you had one today, it would still be worth it's value. Same applies to Iraq, except you'll have 2 years.

• Upvote 4

You are exactly correct. Finally someone speaks up. Great explaination. They have not talked about removing 2 zero notes only 3 zero. they are not going to touch the lower denoms right now. Now I think they will eventually have denominations very similar to the usa as the rate continues to rise and they become more electronic. This is about physical notes, not rates. Forget all you think you know about rates and think some. Forget m0, m1, m2, m3 and all that stuff no one in this little dinar world exactly knows what those numbers are right now because iraq does not have to share that info right now because they don't have an international currency. They are using the auction floor to hide the real value of their currency and making big money doing it. They also write their news for Iraqs to read it, for their people not us. Read the news as if you were an Iraqi. Please don't bring up Turkey its not even in the same boat. If your so worried about a lop go sell your dinar.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

You are exactly correct. Finally someone speaks up. Great explaination. They have not talked about removing 2 zero notes only 3 zero. they are not going to touch the lower denoms right now. Now I think they will eventually have denominations very similar to the usa as the rate continues to rise and they become more electronic. This is about physical notes, not rates. Forget all you think you know about rates and think some. Forget m0, m1, m2, m3 and all that stuff no one in this little dinar world exactly knows what those numbers are right now because iraq does not have to share that info right now because they don't have an international currency. They are using the auction floor to hide the real value of their currency and making big money doing it. They also write their news for Iraqs to read it, for their people not us. Read the news as if you were an Iraqi. Please don't bring up Turkey its not even in the same boat. If your so worried about a lop go sell your dinar.

Turkey isn't a good comparison, their inflation was so high! They didn't just have trillions of notes in circulation, they had quadrillions if notes! With Iraq having even lower inflation than th US IMO A LOP is not going to happen.

Sounds like LOP, RD, then RV. In that order. A LOP is a horizontal move that is a zero sum gain. After or during the RD they RV at 1:1.

Shabs!!! Say it ain't so!!!!!

<head under pillow whispering...> "no lop! it's not a lop, not a lop, not a lop.......

How is a LOP and RD different? I think they will simply RD so as an example, if right now 1,000 dinar = 1 usd after they Rd it would be 1 dinat to 1 usd. Eventually they will be let out of chap 7 restrictions and we will watch the dinar rise in value over time. It still should give us all a chance to profit on the investment, but it's tough to see why they would RV before RDing....how would that benefit them? They would have to pay out a fortune. They can simply achieve a 1 to 1 value with the dollar by simply RDing. All of their goals would be achieved. Unless there is something I am missing?

• Upvote 1

They are talking about 3 zeros only. Never have they said anything different.

• Upvote 1

I TRY not to think about a lop, but it's been said that the lower denoms will also be lopped and be worth what our US change is (.05, .10, .25 etc). the theory is that the lower denoms will be worth approx what our nickels, dimes, and quarters are worth so as to be more on the same page as the USD.

So I read something a few weeks ago (can't find it now, anyone heard this?) that only 10k and 25k notes will be taken out of circulation. Other large notes will be kept to conduct large transactions in the banks (1k, 5k). And they will introduce other low denominations that will mirror the US dollar (1, 5, 10, etc).

Question, if this is true...

1. If they are not retiring all notes, my 50 dinar will be worth .05 cents...forever? Are they printing a new 50 dinar to be worth 50? So an old 50 bill is a nickle and the new 50 bill is really 50. Sounds complicated.

2. Large denominations that will be kept in circulation 1k and 5k, now are 1 and 5, how will the banks use that for large transactions? They can't.

PS

I think they are removing the large notes 25k and 10k over a period of time as soon as the lower denominations are out and they are able to revalue the currency. Makes more sense to me.

RV RV RV!

• Upvote 1

True, but right now, my 25,000 dinar note is not worth $25,000, it is worth less than $25.00.

• Upvote 1

Ever think about why the US denominated Iraq with the highest note being 25,000 dinar, instead of like Zimbabwee and Turkey having 6 zero notes. Could it have had something to do with what is about to happen with a revaluation of their currency? Iraq had just as bad of inflation as they did. Could some economists have gotten together made a plan and knew exactly what they were doing? Why not have notes with six zeros then they would not have this big supply of money (physical notes in circulation)? Its not like they have 30 billion people in their country, they have 30 million. Anyone got answers, I am being serious?

What good would it do to RD before they RV? The new currency should come out worthless which does not add up. He had already stated that he would RV then RD. No Lop!!! :angry:

Pretty sure he never came out and said that directly....do you have a link or article to prove me wrong? I will gladly eat crow if I missed it, but if I saw a solid article where shabbs clearly came out and said he was going to revalue the currency I would be much less threatened by all of the delete the zeros articles. Believe me I WANT to be wrong, but I don't think I am.

Also if the zeros were removed and 1,000 dinar = 1 dinar, which is then set = to one dollar....they just made one Iraqi dinar worth one usd....that is much more valuable than it is now.

• Upvote 2

How is a LOP and RD different? I think they will simply RD so as an example, if right now 1,000 dinar = 1 usd after they Rd it would be 1 dinat to 1 usd. Eventually they will be let out of chap 7 restrictions and we will watch the dinar rise in value over time. It still should give us all a chance to profit on the investment, but it's tough to see why they would RV before RDing....how would that benefit them? They would have to pay out a fortune. They can simply achieve a 1 to 1 value with the dollar by simply RDing. All of their goals would be achieved. Unless there is something I am missing?

You are 100% correct.

If the plan is executed, that is exactly what will happen.

Classic redenomination, just like those of the past, and the future ones.

You are very right about not RVing first.

That would defeat the entire purpose, bankrupt them, and still not unwind the effects of past hyperinflation.

I know you and I both don't like it, but it is what it is.

BTW, did you get a chance to read my reply to your question (29 Aug) before my post was removed?

If not, I saved it, just in case.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You are 100% correct.

If the plan is executed, that is exactly what will happen.

Classic redenomination, just like those of the past, and the future ones.

You are very right about not RVing first.

That would defeat the entire purpose, bankrupt them, and still not unwind the effects of past hyperinflation.

I know you and I both don't like it, but it is what it is.

BTW, did you get a chance to read my reply to your question (29 Aug) before my post was removed?

If not, I saved it, just in case.

Yes and I tried to respond back telling you how much I appreciated your statements and I must have been typing my lengthy response while the post was removed...tried to post and then poof the whole post vanished. Anyways thanks so much for the well thought out response. I wish we were both wrong :0(, but I don't think we are. However, I will stay invested because of the long term opportunity and the off chance I am wrong about the way I am reading these articles. By being realistic though it has freed me up to not expect much and focus back on my work. So all in all I'm glad I am open enough to see this investment for what it is. Your information was part of the reason why I could take off my dinar goggles...so thanks again!

• Upvote 1