Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Mass Histaria will Follow the RV

I've though about this for a long time. Risk go with any investment. If I became a cheerleader for the dinar, and it didn't work out, could have an angry mob looking for me. Either way, people could get upset. What I decided was to do my own research, invest MY money, tell just a few close friends and relatives without disclosing the level of my investment, then just keep quiet. Never was too excited about discussing my personal business and finances with others.

Just my thoughts

As we all sit back with our stash of worthless paper, speculating on our new found wealth. Have you thought what the real outcome of this could be?

This cash winfall to some will leed to their dimise but to others it will bring security in their future. BUT what about the imposing unrest of the people who

choose not to speculate or did not even know of this chance of wealth. Have you told you co-workers. siblings, cousins, parents, close friends? If not what do

you say when you are worth millions and they were cheated by your silence. How do you think the American Public as a whole is going to react IF or When this RV

becomes reality. I belive its going to be a bumpy ride that could possibly make the United States and Its people act like those in the Middle East do now.

GLP

I'm assuming your thread title was intended to be 'Mass Hysteria'???

This cash winfall to some will leed to their dimise but to others it will bring security in their future.

Read more:

It is very important to remember that a large cash winfall may cause some Dinar holders to spend their new found wealth in no time. Don't be afraid to seek the advice of a tax consultant or a finnacial advisor. As for myself, I have had to go bankrupt twice in my life and want to avoid what has happened in the past. I have already retained the use of a tax man, and a very good one at that. Also, I have locked in the use of a finnancial planner. These 2 people will help find a way to buy the gold I desire and help me invest my remaining money for income while taking care of any tax implications so that I can live the remaining years of my life in happiness and peace.

Even if you think you can manage a large some of money that will come our way, don't be afraid to admit otherwise. I don't want to take any chance so this is why I am staying ahead of the curve. Besides, wouldn't you feel better while you are on that big cruise that you have a compitant person looking after your afairs so that you can enjoy yourself?

GO....RV :):):)

• Upvote 1

This cash winfall to some will leed to their dimise but to others it will bring security in their future.

Read more:

It is very important to remember that a large cash winfall may cause some Dinar holders to spend their new found wealth in no time. Don't be afraid to seek the advice of a tax consultant or a finnacial advisor. As for myself, I have had to go bankrupt twice in my life and want to avoid what has happened in the past. I have already retained the use of a tax man, and a very good one at that. Also, I have locked in the use of a finnancial planner. These 2 people will help find a way to buy the gold I desire and help me invest my remaining money for income while taking care of any tax implications so that I can live the remaining years of my life in happiness and peace.

Even if you think you can manage a large some of money that will come our way, don't be afraid to admit otherwise. I don't want to take any chance so this is why I am staying ahead of the curve. Besides, wouldn't you feel better while you are on that big cruise that you have a compitant person looking after your afairs so that you can enjoy yourself?

GO....RV :):):)

This is so very true. We think we can, and then we have a large amount of money and it is buy this, buy that and before you know it, it is gone. Look at the history of the lottery winners. Most are broke within 2 years. That is one reason I am so interested in the IBC, not as likely to buy on a whim when you have to go through the steps to get it out. MHO

4-legal-sawed-off-shotguns.jpgclaymore+thumb1241068662.jpg

Nuff said along with some claymores. *planting claymore*

EasyAlways loved the way the claymore gave you direction " Front Towards the Enemy" Unfortunately, when I was training on them, some of our idiot soldiers would put them backwards! Learning to read can sure save your life!

As for me....very proficient on military weapons but am looking into a glock for myself.

:wub: Hi piggy piggy! :wub:

I personally do not like and am infact scared of weapons... My Country produces lots of them.... Beretta is a huge Company.

I used to be the same way, Umbertino. But it made a big difference when I learned how to shoot a gun. If you take a class or two, you will no longer fear them.You will probably always be cautious and careful, but you should be like that anyway. Beretta is a good brand-- I am not familiar with many brands of guns,but I have heard only good things about Beretta products.

Not that I am opposed to telling my story but it's who I will tell it to that matters the most. People can ask all they want, whether or not you give to them is up to you. Like most of you, I told those who would either listen and research on their own or just listen for the sake of learning something new. A lot of my younger friends looked at me like I had a ---- growing out of my forehead. Some said "That's nice. Let me know how it works out for you". But a few asked for more information and did their own homework. I have every intention of moving into a nice house and buying the things I want. I figure that I have struggled and sacrificed for it so I am entitled to what ever benefits come from this. No, not going to leave the Ferrari outside, that's just taunting people, but I do want one and if the conditions allow it, I will have one. We did our 'due diligence'. We sacrificed, and saved and studied. Why should we be afraid of our success. I say we pay our taxes and life the way we wanted to. No, not going around flaunting it and making people feel bad but why not live a little?

I made a list of the people that I would feel bad about if this actually happens and I didn't tell them about the dinar. I didn't want to see the eye roll or have to defend my decision to invest so I sent them a quick text saying, "There is a great investment opportunity in Iraqi Dinar. Some people think it's legit some think it's a scam. If you're interested let me know and I'll give you some sites to look at." Not a single person replied but I will be able to say, "I did tell you when I sent that text." It was a great guilt release. Ü

My choice (so far) is Costa Rica. Told immediate family (all of whom jumped on the bandwagon except older brother) about Dinar. He's a neurologist, doesn't need more money, and scoffed. Gave him 25k for his birthday and hope that I will be the one with the last laugh.

Guns? Never owned one, but several break ins in my neighborhood have given me serious reason to start shopping. In case of life threatening situation, I don't want to be the only one there without a gun. Any of you gun toters have a recommendation on mid-sized revolver? BTW I have been around guns and know how to shoot and handle them.

I'm just gonna see this RV thing thru...today...tomorrow...next week....next year....don't know when, but I am very confident it will happen.

I carry a springfield xd sub compact.40 caliber, love it. Though I must say glock is the hands down most reliable automatic handgun to date. A cylinder (six shooter) is superb for reliability. I prefer the automatic because of the capacity of shells. Most gun shops that have a shooting range will let you test your possibilities. Upon making your choice, familiarize yourself with all aspects of your weapon and know how to fire it like its second nature.

Just my thoughts

As we all sit back with our stash of worthless paper, speculating on our new found wealth. Have you thought what the real outcome of this could be?

This cash winfall to some will leed to their dimise but to others it will bring security in their future. BUT what about the imposing unrest of the people who

choose not to speculate or did not even know of this chance of wealth. Have you told you co-workers. siblings, cousins, parents, close friends? If not what do

you say when you are worth millions and they were cheated by your silence. How do you think the American Public as a whole is going to react IF or When this RV

becomes reality. I belive its going to be a bumpy ride that could possibly make the United States and Its people act like those in the Middle East do now.

GLP

I have told some friends and family but they chose not to do it they do think its real. But they will soon find out

they made a mistake.

• Upvote 1

Im so glad to be married to a Military man!! :D

Well now...! This must be one lucky fellow... I know this one gal who regularly has car grease under her fingernails and her favorite perfume is "O de cordite...!" She's know to weild a pistol on occasion and can drop an arrow on target from her bow with deadly precision... I think you might know her... LOL!

Get back to work silly... LOL

• Upvote 1

Well now...! This must be one lucky fellow... I know this one gal who regularly has car grease under her fingernails and her favorite perfume is "O de cordite...!" She's know to weild a pistol on occasion and can drop an arrow on target from her bow with deadly precision... I think you might know her... LOL!

Get back to work silly... LOL

Ha! your crazy!! :D

Any of you gun toters have a recommendation on mid-sized revolver?

As many different handguns that are on the market, you will find that many different opinions of which is the best one. Some people will tell you it must be a semi-auto, some are dyed in the wool revolver fans. Some people say you must have a large caliber for knock down power. My opinion is find the pistol you like and feel comfortable with take it to the range and safely practice with it. Also in my opinion, it does not matter what caliber you use for defense .38 caliber and above, just hit your target if by chance you really need to defend yourself. If you hit your target and it is still a threat to you...hit it again. The time to decide if you will really use a gun in your own defense or that of someone else is before you buy it. If you do not have a definitive yes (don't lie to yourself) then do not buy it. Remember, that decision you make in less than a second will be examined for hours days and months. You will have to live with that split second decision for the rest of your life.

Just my two dinar worth and if you really want to know... I prefer a Glock 26. It is a little large for concealed carry, but if you need a gun, you need all the gun you can get.

4510PD-3SS.jpg

Taurus Judge Public Defender Revolver Small 410ga 45LC 2" Steel

$406

Type : Revolver Action : Single / Double Caliber : 410/45 Long Colt Barrel Length : 2 Capacity : 5 rd Safety : Taurus Security System Grips : Ribber Grip Overlay Sights : Fiber Optic Weight : 28.2 oz Finish : Matte Stainless. The Judge might just revolutionize small frame revolvers. The Model 4510 Public Defender on M85 frame delivers the same devastating firepower in a new scaled down size that can travel with you

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HERE is your modern-day SAWED-OFF SHOT gun.This revolver is not the only one of its type. Several other gun makers have jumped on the band wagon for this type of firearm.

Google: revolver .410

It also fires .45 caliber rounds. And you can load a combination. Say, three shotgun shells, and the rest in bullets.

This is a great piece for home defense. Serves as a true shotgun. But it is easier to store and to get at and to swing around and point than a rifle within an interior.And you can add on a strong light and a laser, too.Great tool to consider along with the other brands which are similar.Note, a piece like this needs a backup. A smaller concealed-carry type of gun, Say, a .38 caliber revolver, or .380 automatic. Or even a .32 something.

"Lets see how much damage this can do!"

Yeah Taurus has another winner on their hands with this one. They are selling like hot cakes. Like their PT1911 it`s also quite alot of gun for the money. Whats nice about the Judge is all the ammo mft picked up on it and are offing all these new 410 loads thats are really nasty for the bad guys

I spread the word at work, with friends & family. They often look at me like I'm some gulable sucker or sneer & gossip behind my back as some have told me.

If & when this RVs, I'm cashing in, moving to a small town or in the country in another state where nobody knows me & I'm starting over with a new life. I will live in an ordinary house, drive an ordinary car, dress ordinary & live an ordinary lifestyle as not to attract attention to myself. What's left over when I die, the family can fight over.

wpsmit,

It is hard to beat a 38 for many reasons. Plan on spending about $400 and be done with it the right way. I wouldnt skimp on this purchase. Revolver = reliability. semi = more bullets if you cant hit your target. 357 would be my next choice, then a 45 after that.

As far as brands, that could start a whole new thread. There are several brands that wont steer you wrong: Colt, Smith and W., and the like....

TREXXX B)

I dont own a judge "YET", but everything I have heard about them is solid.

TREXXX

Edited by trexxx

I will have to check that out, I believe there is a gun show this weekend. Gun more Dinar?Gun more Dinar?Gun more Dinar?Gun more Dinar? I am so confused. LOL

Cosmo check out the Giant Schnauzers beautiful dogs, very family oriented and no one gets by them. I bought one 4 months ago and he is wonderful. Even at 6 months very very protective. So, if my dog can't take them down, I have a Glock and after 2 clips if still standing I have the 380 and two clips and if that doesn't work. OH SH**T

Wow! I got ya, appreciate it, thanks Danan!!

4510PD-3SS.jpg

Taurus Judge Public Defender Revolver Small 410ga 45LC 2" Steel

$406

Type : Revolver Action : Single / Double Caliber : 410/45 Long Colt Barrel Length : 2 Capacity : 5 rd Safety : Taurus Security System Grips : Ribber Grip Overlay Sights : Fiber Optic Weight : 28.2 oz Finish : Matte Stainless. The Judge might just revolutionize small frame revolvers. The Model 4510 Public Defender on M85 frame delivers the same devastating firepower in a new scaled down size that can travel with you

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HERE is your modern-day SAWED-OFF SHOT gun.This revolver is not the only one of its type. Several other gun makers have jumped on the band wagon for this type of firearm.

Google: revolver .410

It also fires .45 caliber rounds. And you can load a combination. Say, three shotgun shells, and the rest in bullets.

This is a great piece for home defense. Serves as a true shotgun. But it is easier to store and to get at and to swing around and point than a rifle within an interior.And you can add on a strong light and a laser, too.Great tool to consider along with the other brands which are similar.Note, a piece like this needs a backup. A smaller concealed-carry type of gun, Say, a .38 caliber revolver, or .380 automatic. Or even a .32 something.

"Lets see how much damage this can do!"

estewart - that is an awesome weapon, thanks, I really, really want one of those! That would complement my pooch very well. Hmmm, I wonder how one in each hand would do? :D

C

WOW! One shotgun shell firing handgun in each hand! Whoo! That would be awesome. What incredible fire power that would be.

Unfortunately, this gun needs to be held in two hands, It's got a bit of a kick to it, to put it real mildly. After all, it actually is a hugely cut down shotgun.

There's another gun I know of that is unusual and could be worth considering. AND IF it were made chambered to fire shotgun shells, it would be THE ONE to have. Hopefully, that may one day be considered.

rhino.jpg

"The first thing that most people notice about the Italian-made Rhino is that it’s flat. Chiappa took the normal revolver cylinder and shaved off the material between chambers, making a six-sided, six-shot cylinder. Then they notice that the barrel isn’t where it’s supposed to be. On most revolvers the barrel is on top of the gun, but on the Rhino it’s on top of the trigger guard! The goal of the design is to reduce the muzzle rise that affects follow-up shots, especially in the .357 Magnum caliber for which this gun is chambered. This means that the Rhino fires from the bottom chamber of the cylinder, unlike conventional revolvers that fire from the top."

https://www.usconcea...rhino-revolver/

Yeah I've read the reviews on these. Their definitely not for the faint of heart. Recoil is horrendous. and accuracy suffers a great dead due to barrel length.

cosmetically their not very appealing either. I guess the saving grace would be the fact that you could shoot regular .38`s in them rather then the .357`s

The new colt defender is a nice choice. Compact easy to use and in 45 ACP a proven man stopper. and check out those timber rattlesnake grips SWEEEET!

Edited by dog53

I informed a friend and family members of this up coming RVing of the dinars, they showed some interest but it was the same story they didn't have the funds to invest. I'm unemployed and a disabled Vet and I've managed to buy more dinars for my wife and I. I bought my initial currency while in Iraq in 2004, I bought as many as I could and not without some risk and telling others about this venture seems to far fetch, so they only seem interested because I have nothing to show at the moment. With some seeing is believing.

I've seen it said that US soldiers aren't allowed to take Dinars out of Iraq. Does that situation actually exist?

What you are referring to is the Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA), between the USG and the GOI. It basically lays out rules and responsibilities for both countries while we are there 'assisting' them. Article 20 basically says what you said, that soldiers, DOD civilians, and contractors are not (by the SOFA) allowed to export Iraqi currency. My experience (up until May when I came home) was that the only people enforcing that were the folks at the post office in country, where they would not allow you to send dinar home. How commanders enforce this aspect of the agreement is arguably varied throughout Iraq.

That having been said, Army finance will gladly sell you US$1000 worth of dinar each month. What you do with it after that is up to you, but the express purpose of having it available is for use in country.

One of the big debates I've come across WRT the SOFA is the definition of 'export.' Some feel that if they are not turning around and selling the currency as a business they aren't really exporting it. If they purchase the currency as a collectors item (albeit a LOT of it), and keep it for their own pleasure/use/gain, does it qualify as an exported item?

I just know that despite the SOFA, and Article 20, a TON of IQD that has been obtained by folks subject to the SOFA has made it back to the states.

YMMV.

gbosh

Ealier Version (2008-2009) SOFA Link

Article 20

Currency and foreign exchange

1. The United States Forces shall have the right to use any amount of cash in United

States currency or financial instruments with a designated value in United States currency

exclusively for the purposes of this Agreement. Use of Iraqi currency and special banks

by the United States Forces shall be in accordance with Iraqi laws.

2. The United States Forces may not export Iraqi currency from Iraq, and shall take

measures to ensure that members of the United States Forces, of the civilian component,

and United States contractors and United States contractor employees do not export Iraqi

currency from Iraq.