Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Video of Shabibi no L O P 6-26-2011

tbush

Are you guys hard of hearing? He specifically says it is already decided and will be soon but, requires a lot of things from the government like an education campaign etc. This is confirming an RD. Maybe you mean something different by a "LOP".

NOT... I'll buy what you possess

Edited by tbush
  • Upvote 1

NOT... I'll buy what you possess

Yea, yea I've been through this bluff with another poster already. I'll sell for what I paid, $1200/million. At 7:26 "not studying, we have decided, but when to implement that remove these three zeros is very soon". Its very clear (even if he has a little problem with english). Edited by xyzzy
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yea, yea I've been through this bluff with another poster already. I'll sell for what I paid, $1200/million. At 7:26 "not studying, we have decided, but when to implement that remove these three zeros is very soon". Its very clear (even if he has a little problem with english).

Sounds pretty bad......

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

So I'm curious tbush (and no requirement to answer of course) how would you describe your methodology for investing? Is it careful analysis, or gut feel, or what makes you happy, or what? I can not think of how this video can be interpreted any other way than as confirming an RD (nor have you offered one), yet you think its good news. Is everything that comes out on the dinar by definition good news for you?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So I'm curious tbush (and no requirement to answer of course) how would you describe your methodology for investing? Is it careful analysis, or gut feel, or what makes you happy, or what? I can not think of how this video can be interpreted any other way than as confirming an RD (nor have you offered one), yet you think its good news. Is everything that comes out on the dinar by definition good news for you?

You did not ask me, but if you don't mind, I will answer this with the disclaimer that it is my opinion. First and foremost, this is not an investment, it is merely and purely speculation. Secondly, I think that a RD is necessary but only after a revaluation first (I agree with sonny1 on this). A redomination does absolutely nothing to further the cause of benefitting the Iraqi populace without a revaluation first. Keeping in mind that we are investors looking to benefit peripherally, this is intended to bring purchasing power back from whence it was taken 8 years ago. So, in essence, an RD would be a complete and utter waste of time without some sort of revaluation first. UR

Edited by Unitedrich
  • Upvote 5

You did not ask me, but if you don't mind,

Not at all!

I will answer this with the disclaimer that it is my opinion. First and foremost, this is not an investment, it is merely and purely speculation. Secondly, I think that a RD is necessary but only after a revaluation first (I agree with sonny1 on this). A redomination does absolutely nothing to further the cause of benefitting the Iraqi populace without a revaluation first. Keeping in mind that we are investors looking to benefit peripherally, this is intended to bring purchasing power back from whence it was taken 8 years ago. So, in essence, an RD would be a complete and utter waste of time without some sort of revaluation first. UR

I slightly disagree. An RD furthers the cause of making transactions and all the processing and accounting around money easier. The 000s also makes them look like their currency is out of control. Not having exchange parity is bad PR.

An RV can be done before, during or after an RD, and it seems pretty reasonable that they will do so to get up perhaps a bit over a dollar WITH the RD factored in. The combination of the two can not possibly be over 3000 (i.e. that would make the dinar at $3 after the RV+RD). So if they RD by 1000:1 (no matter now or later) then an RV can not be more than 3x, and likely will be less say 1.3x or 1.5x . Over the next ten years might they adjust their exchange rate upward more? Sure, but that is not what you have in mind I presume.

• Upvote 1

Not at all!

I slightly disagree. An RD furthers the cause of making transactions and all the processing and accounting around money easier. The 000s also makes them look like their currency is out of control. Not having exchange parity is bad PR.

An RV can be done before, during or after an RD, and it seems pretty reasonable that they will do so to get up perhaps a bit over a dollar WITH the RD factored in. The combination of the two can not possibly be over 3000 (i.e. that would make the dinar at $3 after the RV+RD). So if they RD by 1000:1 (no matter now or later) then an RV can not be more than 3x, and likely will be less say 1.3x or 1.5x . Over the next ten years might they adjust their exchange rate upward more? Sure, but that is not what you have in mind I presume.

I do agree with your assessment that it can be done before, during or after. Even better is that we can agree to disagree without being disagreeable. However, extracting inflation, and looking at raw assets and not looking at timelines, the onus is that there will be a revaluation of the currency that will put Iraq in a comparable position with surrounding middle eastern countries that will make them competitive in the next few years where they can carve some dinar out of the dust through their oil reserves. This will be the primary income comprising roughly 90-95% of their gross domestic product at least for the next 10 years as I see it.

I do agree with your assessment that it can be done before, during or after. Even better is that we can agree to disagree without being disagreeable. However, extracting inflation, and looking at raw assets and not looking at timelines, the onus is that there will be a revaluation of the currency that will put Iraq in a comparable position with surrounding middle eastern countries that will make them competitive in the next few years where they can carve some dinar out of the dust through their oil reserves. This will be the primary income comprising roughly 90-95% of their gross domestic product at least for the next 10 years as I see it.

The fact that they have big oil reserves will certainly help give investors confidence and will provide needed foreign currency for decades to come. But the value of the economy is all about now, not future potential and it is the value of the economy that supports the value of the money supply. All the more so for an economy that is dominated by one export that (nearly) the sole source of foreign cash. So the whole oil in the ground thing makes no sene to me.

7 mins 20 secs in after shabs is done doing his little word dance he states clear as day that the removal of the three zeros is going to happen soon!

and if you listen to his whole speech how he dances around answering the 3 zeros question he describes that the reason the 3 zereos were added has to do with high inflation ect.. which he aslo states is no longer the issue, so it goes to show that there ready to drop this bomb!

were close!!

Wasnt their inflation like 8.6% or something for August???

Alot of people still think that deleting the zeros is the RV that we want.....

LOL and we can thank the gurus for that one!!

Hey Keep, if they rd that wont do anything for inflation, correct....my opinion is they will rv low (10-15 cents) then rd to curb inflation...wouldnt that scenario work?

Again clean those ears! He talks about high inflation being the cause of the 000s in the past and (as you say) now inflation is low. An RD during a time of high inflation would be silly as you might go through all that work for nothing, but now that its under control they want to just ease transactions, to get rid of the zeros as he says.

If shabbibi rvs at a dollar with27trillion in circulation, iraq will be giving away trillions of dollars in resources to reclaim the hyperinflated notes. if they lop with a simultaneous rv the cost becomes just a few billion dollars to reclaim the same amount of hyperinflated notes. why is iraq willing to give away trillions of dollars worth of oil, when they have other more viable options. financial speaking iraq should lop first if there is truly 27trillion out there. i know they run the auctions daily, but unless theyve drastically reduced the amount in circulation dont expect a huge return. I guess im speaking the obvious right.

ps. shabibi didnt confirm no lop. besides why are the koolaid drinkers continually trying to convince themselves of no lop. i thought the rvers didnt like lop talk. kind of ironic

• Downvote 2

Hey Keep, if they rd that wont do anything for inflation, correct....my opinion is they will rv low (10-15 cents) then rd to curb inflation...wouldnt that scenario work?

IF they RV to .10 cents then remove three zero's that would make their exchange rate, $10 per dinar.....do you think that would work?

Yea one way to control or bring down inflation is to raise the value of the currency....

I dont think that the RD they have been talking about is to address current inflation but yet to get rid of the past affects of the periods of hyperinflation, ie the large bills we hold now and the inflated money supply...