Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq-NEW Currency ISO Code

FreckledFuzz

We have a lot of these kinda people on here!! You can just look at the names and already know what is going to be said!! Bad_Luck_Schleprock_0001.jpg

Well, believe it or not, some bring valid points to the table. The harsh debates help educate people. In the example I provided, some people saw it good while others saw it bad. It was something that could have been easily explained and clarified. There was no "lost in translation" or "smoke & mirros" excuse, or even possible use.

I guess it bothered me that such negative perceptions would quickly draw fear into many people based upon incorrect assumptions. (Not saying the opposite is any better... Such as pumpers using positive perceptions based upon lies out of general information)...

But they do help keep a somewhat balanced approach.. Guess "assumptions" are just a pet peeve of mine... :P

• Upvote 2

I agree with keeping the balance!

I was more talking about how to tell the people with the half full or half empty glasses!!

It was more of a joke then a hard jab at people!! laugh.gif

ya, I figured you were joking for the most part.. Just wanted to clarify for myself :)

A much more rare type of member can see a glass 1/2 empty and claim it as "empty..." I've seen a couple of those, they're normally fun and get a room going out of pure obnoxious attitudes..

But, to get back on topic, I think each day we see a little more progression.

Yet, it's hard to follow along with so many contradictions. From my understanding, this 3-zero bill was passed about 3 weeks ago. Now they're retracting it?

FX seems to be giving the IQD more activity as of this week, so I wonder if the ISO code has a role in that?

• Upvote 1

iso is a standardization of quality ......we use iso 9000 and iso 9001 in manufacturing .. it maintains a standard that is good at all participating organizations ... so if one manufacturer is making the same part as another manufacturer .. both parts will be identical so in assembly they both fit where they are supposed to go .. like a starter on your car .. it should not matter who makes the starter if they are meeting iso 9000 standards .. .. its just a type of quality control .. to keep counterfiting out ..... if they are producing new currency so what .. it could be the smaller denominatiions ... it could be coins ... it could be a 100,000 note ....we all know for a rv to take place they would need to introduce smaller denominations .. it does not mean lop .......it does not necessarily point to bad news .. so all yall who want to push that ...i strongly disagree .. you have no proof of anything .. just like the rest of us here... they may have to meet certain standards to become traded globally ...

iso >>>> http://www.iso.org/iso/iso_catalogue.htm

Edited by ashtray
  • Upvote 2

iso is a standardization of quality ......we use iso 9000 and iso 9001 in manufacturing .. it maintains a standard that is good at all participating organizations ... so if one manufacturer is making the same part as another manufacturer .. both parts will be identical so in assembly they both fit where they are supposed to go .. like a starter on your car .. it should not matter who makes the starter if they are meeting iso 9000 standards .. .. its just a type of quality control .. to keep counterfiting out ..... if they are producing new currency so what .. it could be the smaller denominatiions ... it could be coins ... it could be a 100,000 note ....we all know for a rv to take place they would need to introduce smaller denominations .. it does not mean lop .......it does not necessarily point to bad news .. so all yall who want to push that ...i strongly disagree .. you have no proof of anything .. just like the rest of us here... they may have to meet certain standards to become traded globally ...

iso >>>> http://www.iso.org/iso/iso_catalogue.htm

So what we may be seeing is the set-up for them to begin the process of playing with the big boys?

Currency Code Service (ISO 4217 Maintenance Agency)

SIX Interbank Clearing Ltd acts as the ISO 4217 Maintenance Agency on behalf of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and its Swiss member SNV (Swiss Association for Standardization). ISO's currency codes were last published in 2008. Between published editions, the currency codes are maintained by SIX Interbank Clearing in accordance with procedures established by the standard. In addition to processing applications for codes, the maintenance agency maintains updated lists and makes them available online.

Intended for use in any application of trade, commerce and banking, as well as in the public sector, the ISO 4217 publication is designed to be equally suitable for manual use or in information technology applications. As the only recognised, authoritative source on currency code designations, SIX Interbank Clearing supplies interested parties with the most up-to-date currency codes.

i have no clue what they are up to

Edited by ashtray
  • Upvote 1

If a currency is revalued, the currency code's last letter is changed to distinguish it from older currency. Sometimes, the third letter is the initial for "new" in that country's language. For example, the Mexican peso is MXN, the N is for "nuevo", the Spanish word for "new". However this method is not always the rule. For example, the Russian ruble was changed from RUR to RUB, because it was decided to use a "B" the third letter in the word "ruble".

http://www.exchangerate.com/currency-iso/kuwaiti-dinar-KWD.html

• Upvote 1

If a currency is revalued, the currency code's last letter is changed to distinguish it from older currency. Sometimes, the third letter is the initial for "new" in that country's language. For example, the Mexican peso is MXN, the N is for "nuevo", the Spanish word for "new". However this method is not always the rule. For example, the Russian ruble was changed from RUR to RUB, because it was decided to use a "B" the third letter in the word "ruble".

http://www.exchangerate.com/currency-iso/kuwaiti-dinar-KWD.html

With the previous shift, it went from IQD to NID

OK can someone help me out this is what I just got from the 1st link posted marked NEW:

AD CURRENCY CONVERTER WIDGET

Converter Rates News Info

Read important information about the IQD.

Mid-market rates: 2011-09-13 22:24 UTC

1.00 IQD = 0.000854353 USD

Iraqi Dinar US Dollar

1 IQD = 0.000854353 USD 1 USD = 1,170.48 IQD

New Conversion

:huh::huh::blink::blink::unsure::unsure:

OK can someone help me out this is what I just got from the 1st link posted marked NEW:

AD CURRENCY CONVERTER WIDGET

Converter Rates News Info

Read important information about the IQD.

Mid-market rates: 2011-09-13 22:24 UTC

1.00 IQD = 0.000854353 USD

Iraqi Dinar US Dollar

1 IQD = 0.000854353 USD 1 USD = 1,170.48 IQD

New Conversion

:huh::huh::blink::blink::unsure::unsure:

Are you referring to the rates? .00086 and 1,170 are status quo.

A new currency code would be bad. This is in reference to an ISO code which 4217 seems to be a standard.

368 to 4217.

When we see a new 3-Letter Acronym, i.e., NID, IDX, IQN, or something like that.. Than we should be concerned.

I guess after reading some of the info provided it seems that if its been given the same code as the USD as a standard then it might not be all that bad....I was just thinkin new ISO code, then a new currency code to follow....

Thanks hopeful and everyone else who posted info on it.....

It might not mean much of anything at this point.....guess we shall see! But my eyes are peeled for any other changes!

• Upvote 4

Remember all the bantering about 368 - was the ISO [it was] and the rate....blah blah blah

XE.com now has a *new* ISO code: 4217

and just for reference I included a website stating the old

NEW: http://www.xe.com/currency/iqd-iraqi-dinar

OLD: http://iso-code.com/countries/IQ/currencies.html

are you serious? please dont tell me you thought 4217 is Iraqs new ISO code...

How about this .....

ISO code: 368 was the applied code for the Iraq Dinar and used as a solid indicator that the currency was not traded in the world markets.

ISO code: 4217 is the applied code today for the Iraq Dinar as it is now being traded in the world markets.

4217 is used by each country that is trading currency on the FOREX.

Its off to the races folks, Ill be betting on the IQD RV horse by a furlong. Relax and watch the race, with the major banks now in on the trading we should be seeing some great action.

Happy RV ing,

Quietlearner

• Downvote 1

Sorry, It means NOTHING

as per Wikipedia

ISO 4217 is a standard published by the International Standards Organization, which delineates currency designators

In other words ISO 4217 is just the standard that defines the currency designations for each country.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_4217

We are all in such a hype with this RV, that we are looking for ghosts everywhere. I am also getting impatient and on edge. All we can do is stay grounded and know that it will happen when the time is right.

Sorry to burst the bubble.

GO RV

Ok, Ok Syrus... now put the gun down and don't hurt the cute little bunnyrolleyes.gif... unless it wants to lopdry.gif...then just let it lop away..but no where near the dinar! wink.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

ISO 4217 is a standard published by the International Standards Organization, which delineates currency designators, country codes (alpha and numeric), and references to minor units in three tables:

Table A.1 – Current currency & funds code list[1]

Table A.2 – Current funds codes[2]

Table A.3 – List of codes for historic denominations of currencies & funds [3]...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_4217

4217 is not iraqs "new" ISO identifier.

Edited by slimm