Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq-NEW Currency ISO Code

FreckledFuzz

It doesen't mean anything because it's not just talking about IRAQ's currencys, it's about on the world currencys! The Redominated currencys or RV currencys hasn't happend yet...........................! But it will happen Soon!......................................................................................!GO RV B)

• Upvote 1

Iraq Currency Code Dinars (IQD)

International standard three-letter code defined in ISO 4217 known as the currency code for Iraq is IQD define by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). Dinars (IQD) is the national currency for Iraq. The ISO 4217 currency code for Iraq currency of IQD is the established norm in banking and business all over the world for defining IQD currency. And in many countries the codes for the more common currencies are so well known publicly, that exchange rates published in newspapers or posted in banks use only these to define the unambigous different currencies. The IQD as defined in ISO 4217 for Iraq is used on airline tickets and international train tickets to remove any ambiguity about the price.

Using publically defined Iraq IQD, the spot exchange rate or the current exchange rate is defined for IQD. The forward exchange rate refers to an exchange rate that is quoted and traded today but for delivery and payment on a specific future date. For IQD currency their is buy exchange rate and sell exchange rate quoted in their bank. Buy exchange rate is low than the sell exchange rate because the trador buy at a lower rate and sell with a profit at higher rate.

Using daily updated European Central Bank's IQD, Dinars (IQD) current currency exhange rates are displayed below along with other major currencies.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

A new currency code would be bad. This is in reference to an ISO code which 4217 seems to be a standard.

368 to 4217.

When we see a new 3-Letter Acronym, i.e., NID, IDX, IQN, or something like that.. Than we should be concerned.

Darin, a little clarification, please: Has Iraq always had a standard code, or was a standard code just assigned to Iraq? If the answer yes, it is a new assignment, could it be a placeholder for a new, dreaded acryonym code?

Thank you.

Darin, a little clarification, please: Has Iraq always had a standard code, or was a standard code just assigned to Iraq? If the answer yes, it is a new assignment, could it be a placeholder for a new, dreaded acryonym code?

Thank you.

I apologize for my rushed question. I did not read through all of the posts. See what I get for trying to breathe into a paper bag, read, and type at the same time. Bad poster!

Edited by Carrello

Thank you.

I apologize for my rushed question. I did not read through all of the posts. See what I get for trying to breathe into a paper bag, read, and type at the same time. Bad poster!

Stick with the bong. Much better than paper bag.....you have all the time ......in.....the.....world. ;)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

ISO 4217 is not a currency code, it is simply the standard used for designating currencies to their countries:

USD Facts

ISO 4217 Code: USD

LINK

JPY Facts

ISO 4217 Code: JPY

LINK

EUR Facts

ISO 4217 Code: EUR

LINK

Iraq Currency Code Dinars (IQD)

International standard three-letter code defined in ISO 4217 known as the currency code for Iraq is IQD define by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). Dinars (IQD) is the national currency for Iraq. The ISO 4217 currency code for Iraq currency of IQD is the established norm in banking and business all over the world for defining IQD currency. And in many countries the codes for the more common currencies are so well known publicly, that exchange rates published in newspapers or posted in banks use only these to define the unambigous different currencies. The IQD as defined in ISO 4217 for Iraq is used on airline tickets and international train tickets to remove any ambiguity about the price.

Using publically defined Iraq IQD, the spot exchange rate or the current exchange rate is defined for IQD. The forward exchange rate refers to an exchange rate that is quoted and traded today but for delivery and payment on a specific future date. For IQD currency their is buy exchange rate and sell exchange rate quoted in their bank. Buy exchange rate is low than the sell exchange rate because the trador buy at a lower rate and sell with a profit at higher rate.

Using daily updated European Central Bank's IQD, Dinars (IQD) current currency exhange rates are displayed below along with other major currencies.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Unfortunately I think this is one time you and me agree on something......and its not something I want us to agree on either!!!

I think we're mistaking ISO code as a new curency code.

the ISO code is #s

We need to look for a new 3-letter acronym, i.e. NID, IDN, IQN, IQX, etc. or something of this sorts.

I see this finding as more of a figure that doesn't really impact the outcome.. RD vs RV, etc.

• Upvote 1

I think we're mistaking ISO code as a new curency code.

the ISO code is #s

We need to look for a new 3-letter acronym, i.e. NID, IDN, IQN, IQX, etc. or something of this sorts.

I see this finding as more of a figure that doesn't really impact the outcome.. RD vs RV, etc.

What purpose does it serve to change the ISO code if the currency is staying and not being replaced??

I havent dug deep into the meanings behind the ISO codes so I dont know fully....

But at first thought and glance, I dont like it....

Check this site: http://www.xe.com/iso4217.php

The International Organization for Standardization publishes a list of standard currency codes referred to as the ISO 4217 code list. Below, we list ISO 4217 codes for currencies in circulation, plus some (marked with an asterisk) that are not officially recognized by the ISO. This list excludes obsolete and old Euro-zone currencies.

Currency codes are composed of a country's two-character Internet country code plus a third character denoting the currency unit. For example, the Canadian Dollar code (CAD) is made up of Canada's Internet code ("CA") plus a currency designator ("D"). For a list of currency symbols like the dollar sign "$", the Pound sign "£", and the Euro sign "€", refer to our Currency Symbols page.

The Currency List ALL recognized currency's including the IQD.

What purpose does it serve to change the ISO code if the currency is staying and not being replaced??

I havent dug deep into the meanings behind the ISO codes so I dont know fully....

But at first thought and glance, I dont like it....

KeepM, I figured you would of actually read all the posts in the topic. Check what HopefulTxn posted:

ISO 4217 is not a currency code, it is simply the standard used for designating currencies to their countries:

USD Facts

ISO 4217 Code: USD

LINK

JPY Facts

ISO 4217 Code: JPY

LINK

EUR Facts

ISO 4217 Code: EUR

LINK

So, I find it hard to see the IQD getting a similar code much like the USD and other big currencies as a bad thing. By no means, is it definitely a great thing, but just trying to point that out. (That is really likely doesn't factor into the conclusion...)

According to Wiki:

Sorry, It means NOTHING

as per Wikipedia

ISO 4217 is a standard published by the International Standards Organization, which delineates currency designators

In other words ISO 4217 is just the standard that defines the currency designations for each country.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_4217

We are all in such a hype with this RV, that we are looking for ghosts everywhere. I am also getting impatient and on edge. All we can do is stay grounded and know that it will happen when the time is right.

Sorry to burst the bubble.

GO RV

So, if it were to mean "nothing" and we see that as bad.. I can only scratch my head and wonder why people would think that. Unless anything that is not considered progress is bad, than you hold a decent argument. But, if your like yourself and view the glass half empty, of course you'll assume the worst right off the bat.

Just saying :)

Edited by Darin