Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Jesus

moose 57

I have come along way with God that I am not willing to compromise. I am glad that Jesus looked for me, found me, cleaned me up and He is still working in my life… I am His work in progress. He has been so good to me that I will not want to live without Him. He is the lover of my soul.

Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good. Blessed is the man who believes in Him without seeing Him... it's faith.

• Upvote 1

First off thank you Moose for a great post. Now to Estewart,sir you are trying to use a passage out of context to cloud the intent of the post. If you read the bible as you claim you would know that Jesus used the quote Render unto Cesar because lawyers and unbelivers were trying to trap and convict him of treason. How divinly he turned it back on them is the basis for Render unto Cesar that which is Ceasers and unto God that which is God. May God Bless you and bring you light and peace. P.S. Oh and Lord please grant him understanding.Amen

• Upvote 2

:(

THIS THREAD is not ONLY out of line with the PURPOSE of this board, it does not even take into consideration fundamental elements of Jesus's teachings. So, listen up, CHRISTIANS!

Jesus said, "Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s, and unto God the things that are God’s." and he was on the subject of MONEY at the time. Specifically, taxes. He was saying, do not mix or confuse material things with spiritual matters. He was saying money matters and religion don't mix.

Get it it?

I don't believe you have a clue as to what the Bible actually says or you wouldn't be posting this stuff on a forum strictly related to money matters.

NOT A CLUE.

Why not actually regard what your God actually said?

Or are you a heretic?

JEEZ! I know abourt the BIBLE than YOU do!

That's so plain!

ESTEWART THIS ONE WAS MOST CERTAINLY NOT FOR YOU...YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THIS IS ABOUT, I AM SORRY FOR YOU. but OH SO GLAD FOR ME THE WORD OF G D IS POWERFUL AND I NEEDED THIS AND I LOVE TO SAY HIS WONDERFUL NAME JESUS JESUS HE IS THE LIVING WORD AND THANK YOU ALL WHO CARED ENOUGH TO SHARE, I AM SO GREAT FULL. :) PUFF

• Upvote 1

Nice side-step!

What I believe or do not believe is irrelevant as to whether you understand or not what Jesus said about mixing money and spiritual matters.

Fact of reality!

Fact is I went to bed. As I get older I need my rest. Not a side-step at all, but you might think so. I am answering you as Jesus did with the Pharisees. They ask Him about where He received His authority. Jesus responded by asking whether the baptism of John was from heaven or from men. The Pharisees were afraid to answer. And Jesus said, "Neither will I tell you by what authority I do these things."

However, I will give you an answer. Here is the short version.

The Pharisees and Herodians were trying to trap Jesus by asking Him a question about the Law of Moses and the Roman law.

Jesus is very deliberate here in His choice of words, but few translations make this distinction clear to the reader. The word translated “pay” in their question (“Is it lawful to pay taxes to Caesar or not?” verse 17) is slightly, but significantly, modified by our Lord in His response. He adds a prefix to this Greek word so that now it should rightly be translated, “pay back.” Thus we have: “Give back to Caesar what belongs to Caesar, and (give back) to God what belongs to God.” What can be wrong with giving back something that belongs to that person in the first place?

At this point in time, Jesus is teaching that there are at least two realms of authority (God and government), and that each has its own proper sphere and obligations. Our Lord does not spell out what these spheres are. There are several New Testament texts which later will further clarify this matter (Acts 5:29; Romans 13:1-7; Titus 3:1; 1 Peter 2:13-17), but there is no need for Jesus to do so now. His questioners are not sincerely seeking guidance; they are seeking a pretext in order to accuse Jesus of a crime against Rome.

Jesus could have quoted Scripture to back up His answer, but He didn’t. Jesus demonstrated His authority by not citing Scripture. Remember that it is Jesus authority that is being called into question. The best that His opponents could say is, “Moses said?” (see Matthew 22:24). But Jesus could do better, because He was God. Thus repeatedly in the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus taught, “You have heard it said,” “but I say to you” (see Matthew 5:21-22ff., 27-28ff., 31-32, 33-34ff., 38-39ff., 43-44ff.). It was by this kind of teaching that Jesus impressed the crowds with His authority (Matthew 7:28-29). Second class authorities cite others with more authority than themselves; first class authorities speak for themselves. That is what Jesus did, and thus He need not cite Scripture, even though His answer was scriptural (consistent with Scripture).

The government, although ordained by God, cannot demand allegiance as a divine power. Believers must reject all ultimate claims of authority, for God alone is the ultimate authority. He is the authority even over the governments of the world.

Your philosophy would use this passage to make a clear distinction between church and state, or between spiritual life and secular life. This passage makes no such claim! What Jesus is stating is that He has the authority over all things. He does not need to Law of Moses or secular law to justify what He does and says. He was the authority then (because He is God) and He is the authority today (because He is God).

always someone trying to ruin a thread.

I agree with you easy. However, it is always important to help someone out of their ignorance of spiritual things.

• Upvote 3

This thread does not BELONG on this money changer's forum.

This thread is in the "Opinion" section, therefore anything goes (as long as it's respectful).

With that said... I think you are being a little antagonistic with your posts in this area. I would consider it a personal favor if you could stop talking about religion - the last thing I want on this forum is someone who prompts blasphemy!!! (Please don't make me explain that one, although I would have a grand time doing so :lol:). Thanks in advance :tiphat:

Nice side-step!

What I believe or do not believe is irrelevant as to whether you understand or not what Jesus said about mixing money and spiritual matters.

Fact of reality!

Thats just your reality me buckco. These people started a religious thread in the off-topics section and you decide to put in your two cents. And when your opinion is not accepted you just cant let it go. Can Ya. hahahaha People like you are so sad.

Go RV

Go Jesus

Go away Estewert

Very well done NELG not disrespectful, condecending or abrasive just factual simply beautiful. Its obvious when someone is being led by the (holy spirit) versus just speaking off the cuff, very refreshing as well I might add, the other rambling about Jesus being a fisherman( which he was of MEN) and the prayer closet, well I think most rational human beings understood the metaphor which it was referred as, being that most dwelling places at the time for Jesus's followers would have been tents as well as for Jesus himself while traveling from place to place, don't think they had holiday inns, or comfort inns readily available.

• Upvote 1

Jesus

Jesus died over 2000 years ago.

Nobody has ever referred to Him as the late Jesus,

not even the heathens.

Nowhere in history.

Nowhere has He EVER been referred to in past tense!

He is the Living God!

When Jesus died on the cross He was thinking of you!

"May God Smile at You Today"

To be in His presence! A glorious thought

So awesome I cannot conceive;

I’ll bow down and worship the Lord on His throne

And add to the praise He’ll receive. —Sper

The more you look forward to heaven,

the less you’ll desire on earth.

Amen

Edited by jimmielee333
  • Upvote 1

Jesus

not even the heathens.

Nowhere in history.

He is the Living God!

The greatest love we can ever have!!! our Lord and Savior

Jesus

not even the heathens.

Nowhere in history.

He is the Living God!

My favorite verse in the whole bible is JOHN 3:16, for me this verse sums up the Bible..

No problemo!

Last thing I wish to do is be someone who "prompts blasphemy!"

But being antagonistic is my forte!

It's what I do! Bringing out the worst in people HELPS them to see themselves, what they are. Very beneficial for all concerned.

WoW Dont Satan do that too? Good luck with that

• Upvote 1

Another good side-step!

One would think this is a Dance Hall!

And what about you, Easy? Do you have a clue as to what "Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s, and unto God the things that are God’s" means?

Hey Estewart, I don't mind the questions. I have been answering questions all my life. In fact, one of the ways I teach is to take the opposite side of an issue, statement, or doctrine and question the students. You are correct in getting people to consider their view. Is it bogus? Is it truth? Is it just a misdirected belief? However, you could consider the other persons feelings yet still confront their beliefs. You could start by writing something encouraging about Christ in this thread.

And, you are correct again, many "dance" around trying not to confront obvious difficulties in their theology. Which brings me to your "dance." I ask you some questions and you never answered. Looks like you are dancing all over the floor hoping you don't have to answer. Who know, we may believe a lot alike, tho I doubt it. In case you don't remember, here are the questions:

Do you believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Lord?

Do you believe that He has the authority as God to say what He does to Israel? To me? To you?

Do you believe the Scripture that He was raised from the dead?

Now, if you would do me the honor and answer these questions, then we will know a little more about you and what you believe. And it is very relevant to the discussion.

My apologies to Moose 57. This thread got out of hand and took off in a direction I know you did not perceive. I am part of the "redirection" and I ask your forgiveness. Thanks for the post and the encouraging words about our Lord.

Nelg

• Upvote 2

Hey Estewart, I don't mind the questions. I have been answering questions all my life. In fact, one of the ways I teach is to take the opposite side of an issue, statement, or doctrine and question the students. You are correct in getting people to consider their view. Is it bogus? Is it truth? Is it just a misdirected belief? However, you could consider the other persons feelings yet still confront their beliefs. You could start by writing something encouraging about Christ in this thread.

And, you are correct again, many "dance" around trying not to confront obvious difficulties in their theology. Which brings me to your "dance." I ask you some questions and you never answered. Looks like you are dancing all over the floor hoping you don't have to answer. Who know, we may believe a lot alike, tho I doubt it. In case you don't remember, here are the questions:

Do you believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Lord?

Do you believe that He has the authority as God to say what He does to Israel? To me? To you?

Do you believe the Scripture that He was raised from the dead?

Now, if you would do me the honor and answer these questions, then we will know a little more about you and what you believe. And it is very relevant to the discussion.

My apologies to Moose 57. This thread got out of hand and took off in a direction I know you did not perceive. I am part of the "redirection" and I ask your forgiveness. Thanks for the post and the encouraging words about our Lord.

Nelg

Thank-you Nelg

Jesus

not even the heathens.

Nowhere in history.

He is the Living God!

Funny thing too. Even to athiest and agnostics what's usually the first thing out of their mouths when they get angry. Yep, there not screaming buddha, or some other name. Romans 8:28. "all things work together for good to those who trust God and are called according to His purpose."

And they sang a new song, saying, "Worthy are You to take the book and to break its seals; for You were slain, and purchased for God with Your blood men from every tribe and tongue and people and nation.

"You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God; and they will reign upon the earth."

Then I looked, and I heard the voice of many angels around the throne and the living creatures and the elders; and the number of them was myriads of myriads, and thousands of thousands, saying with a loud voice, "Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing."

And every created thing which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all things in them, I heard saying, "To Him who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb, be blessing and honor and glory and dominion forever and ever."

And the four living creatures kept saying, "Amen." And the elders fell down and worshiped.

THIS THREAD is not ONLY out of line with the PURPOSE of this board, it does not even take into consideration fundamental elements of Jesus's teachings. So, listen up, CHRISTIANS!

Jesus said, "Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s, and unto God the things that are God’s." and he was on the subject of MONEY at the time. Specifically, taxes. He was saying, do not mix or confuse material things with spiritual matters. He was saying money matters and religion don't mix.

Get it it?

I don't believe you have a clue as to what the Bible actually says or you wouldn't be posting this stuff on a forum strictly related to money matters.

NOT A CLUE.

Or are you a heretic?

That's so plain!

This thread is called Off Topic. So what does that mean?

Get it it?

NOT A CLUE.

Or are you a heretic?

That's so plain!

Get it it?

NOT A CLUE.

Or are you a heretic?

That's so plain!

I grew up a Christian!