Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Press Release - Central Bank of Iraq 9-12-11

Nothing-Ventured

tyvm, i dunno why i got a negitive lol but its ok, most of u know i always try to back up the things i say with a article and links i guess it was too long im sorry bout that but i couldnt see any other way around it, i could have brought u in more articles that back this up but i kept it at 3 so again i apoligise for the length of it i guess lol, ty all...BL

Thx BondLady once again for Guiding Us thru the Smoke ! ;)

I wouldn't sweat the Neg. While Posting from an Ipad it's easy to Fat Finger a Plus unintentionally the wrong way. :o

U've got Lots of Fans Here ! B)

• Upvote 3

tyvm, i dunno why i got a negitive lol but its ok, most of u know i always try to back up the things i say with a article and links i guess it was too long im sorry bout that but i couldnt see any other way around it, i could have brought u in more articles that back this up but i kept it at 3 so again i apoligise for the length of it i guess lol, ty all...BL

I cannot figure why anyone would give you a negative. Gave you +2, hope it helps any bruised feelings. You never know around here. But I must say, it is so easy to rise above something that is so, so low.

Take care BL

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

if this will help any and hope its not to long i also confirmed this post right after the 3 translations were posted in my chat room which i will show yall the chat here, also i confirmed in more detail from my iraqi friend who is a realtor and also his wife who is from jordon they both basically said the same thing the other translations did but in better english, its about trusting shabs an the cbi for the people not to lose faith in him or the cbi that they have iraqs interest at heart and there loyalty is to a prosperous iraq,.............................This article is a pdf that showed up on the following site: http://www.sotaliraq.com/mobile-news.php?id=25946

[danatisgi] BondLady Went to a local mosque and Mediterranean grocers and had two different people give translation. Both said the same thing. The article is saying the CBI is aware of people saying derogatory things about the CBI. The CBI encourages people not to believe these remarks. They state the CBI is a strong, internationally recognized bank and has nothing to hide. Its banking procedures are an open book and to have faith in the CBI.

[bondLady] ty dana

[bondLady] wonderful

[bondLady] did I miss any of it dana or was that it in its entirety

[player46] BondLady .he is typing a little more.

[bigpuller] BondLady I’m on the phone right now with someone running a program to translate it also...

[bondLady] or u can say where it came from though if u do from dana at this site

[danatisgi] BondLady that’s about it. Both translators were speaking in broken English. The guy at the grocers daughter is a VP at a bank in ...Dubai !! Will try to follow up on that

[bondLady] that’s great dana an ty so much

[bondLady] appreciate it vm

[sisterbreen] danatisgi wow ty

[bondLady] see this makes sense to me

[danatisgi] BondLady you are quite welcome !

[bondLady] like I said a little while ago like a hour

[player46] BondLady ..mainly saying don't believe what you might hear about CBI..it is strong!!!

[bondLady] I knew the 000 got passed in parl

[bondLady] because the goi

[bondLady] and the media was slamming shabibi today

[bondLady] and this is the comeback from shabs about it

[bondLady] he saying ino there saying bad things about me and the cbi

[bondLady] don’t believe them

[bondLady] I’ve always been honest and our records are a open book

[bondLady] this is really what I expected him to do was counter the goi an media attacks

[bondLady] tyvm for that dana really ty vm

hope that helped and ty all vm for your nice comments and support yet again.........BL

• Upvote 9

Iraq's fiscal year is the calendar year.

I am getting mixed feedback on the fiscal end of year date for Iraq. The U.S. Department of State says October 1st is the start of the new fiscal year links below. What is you view on this.

$1.26 Trillion – Total amount appropriated by Congress for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan through the end of Fiscal Year 2011 (September 30, 2011) – $797.3 billion for Iraq and $459.8 billion for Afghanistan. See NPP's "Cost of War" Counters.

My link

Special Immigrant Visas (SIVs) for Iraqi and Afghan Translators/Interpreters

Print Email Glossary

Important Notice: If you, on or after October 1, 2008, file a Form I-360 petition for special immigrant status as an Iraqi or Afghan national who worked with the U.S. Armed Forces or under Chief of Mission authority as a translator or interpreter, you will be subject to the FY 2011 annual fiscal year limitation of 50 special immigrant visas. Demand for visas in this category exceeded annual limits last year. However, please note you may also be eligible for a separate Special Immigrant Visa (SIV) program for Iraqi or Afghan nationals. If you meet the requirements, you may wish to instead consider filing an SIV petition as an Iraqi or Afghan national who worked for, or on behalf of, the U.S. Government. For information on these other two programs, click here.

If you filed a petition for special immigrant status as an Iraqi or Afghan translator/interpreter before October 1, 2008, U.S. law authorized the continued processing and adjudication of your application, even though the annual limit of 500 visas had already been reached. This law allows us to continue the processing and scheduling of your case if it is currently at the National Visa Center (NVC). You do not need to provide any additional documents or meet any other eligibility requirements as long as you meet the requirements for this SIV program. You will be contacted by NVC with further information. If you would like to contact NVC, please email NVCSIV@state.gov. For more information about this U.S. law, see References - U.S. Laws, number 3.

Note: You should NOT make any travel arrangements, sell property, or give up employment until and unless you are issued a U.S. visa.

Overview

STEP 1 – File a Petition with USCIS

STEP 2 – Prepare for Your Visa Application

STEP 3 – The Visa Interview

STEP 4 – Arrival in the United States

Contact Information

References – U.S. Laws

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overview

What is this program?

What is meant by SIV?

What is meant by fiscal year?

What is meant by Chief of Mission (COM) authority?

How many Special Immigrant Visas can be issued per year under this program?

Who can apply for this program?

What about my family? Can my family members immigrate with me?

What is this program?

Section 1059 of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2006, authorizes the issuance of up to 50 Special Immigrant Visas (SIVs) annually to Iraqi and Afghan translators and interpreters working for the U.S. military and who meet certain requirements. An amendment to Section 1059 expanded the total number of visas to 500 per year for FY 2007 and FY 2008 only. In FY 2009, the number of visas available for this category reverted to 50 annually. As amended, the Act provides for SIV status for eligible Iraqi or Afghan translators and interpreters, who have worked directly with the U.S. Armed Forces or under Chief of Mission (COM) authority at U.S. Embassy Baghdad or U.S. Embassy Kabul. For more information about the relevant U.S. laws, see References - U.S. Laws, numbers 1, 2, and 3.

In addition to the information on this website, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) provides information on Form I-360 petitions for this program.

This program is completely distinct from two other programs authorizing SIVs for certain Iraqi and Afghan nationals who have worked for, or on behalf of, the U.S. Government in Iraq or Afghanistan, although some translators and interpreters may qualify under both programs. For information on those programs, see SIVs for Iraqi nationals or SIVs for Afghan nationals.

What is meant by SIV?

SIV stands for Special Immigrant Visa. While there are many categories of SIVs, this webpage discusses only SIVs for eligible Iraqi and Afghan translators and interpreters who have worked directly with the U.S. Armed Forces or under Chief of Mission (COM) authority at U.S. Embassy Baghdad or U.S. Embassy Kabul.

What is meant by fiscal year?

The fiscal year begins on October 1 and ends September 30.

What is meant by Chief of Mission (COM) authority?

Iraqi and Afghan translators and interpreters who have worked directly (not as contractors) for U.S. Embassy Baghdad or U.S. Embassy Kabul are considered to have been under COM authority.

How many Special Immigrant Visas can be issued per year under this program?

The total number of principal applicants who can receive SIV status under this program may not exceed 50 per fiscal year.

SIVs issued to a principal applicant’s spouse and children do not count toward the 50 limit.

Who can apply for this program?

You may apply for this program if you meet all of the following requirements:

You must be a national of Iraq or Afghanistan; and

You must have worked directly with the U.S. Armed Forces or under COM authority as a translator or interpreter for a period of at least 12 months; and

You must have obtained a favorable written recommendation from a General or Flag Officer in the chain of command of the U.S. Armed Forces unit that was supported by you, as a translator or interpreter, or from the Chief of Mission from the embassy where you worked.

Specific requirements for each step of the process are detailed below.

What about my family? Can my family members immigrate with me?

Your spouse, as well as unmarried children younger than 21, may be granted SIVs, and may travel with you or may follow to join you after you have been admitted to the United States.

Back to Overview

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STEP 1 – File a Petition with USCIS

Who files the petition (Form I-360)? What documents are required?

Where do I find the forms?

Who may submit the letter of recommendation?

Is there a template or format for the letter of recommendation?

Should I submit copies of commendations and recommendations along with the required letter of recommendation?

Where do I file the petition?

What return mailing address should I use on the Form I-360 petition?

Can the Form I-360 be filed electronically (E-filing)?

Where will my petition be adjudicated? Who makes the decision?

If my Form I-360 petition is denied, will the application fee be refunded?

What is the difference between Part 1 and Part 3 of the Form I-360? Should both parts be completed?

In Part 2, what box should be checked?

In Part 10 of the Form I-360, who can sign the section for USCIS Officers or Consular Officers?

What are the fees associated with filing the petition?

What is the method of payment of the petition filing fee?

Can the fee be waived?

If I am an Iraqi or Afghan refugee already living in the United States, can I file Form I-485 with USCIS to apply for adjustment from refugee to SIV status?

My question wasn't answered here. Where can I get more information about filing an I-360 petition?

My link

Last one is from the U.S. Department of State. What is your take please??????

Edited by PapaJohn

It says The McRib is back at McDonald's and they are expecting at least 3 new locations in Iraq by the end of 2015. My Arabic is a little rusty though.

Sloth,

What the article really say's is that the 2012 Barbie and Ken collection is at Target stores everywhere!! Get yours today!!!

So bond lady I think I recall you saying you have studied this thing for years and that you are absolutely confident Iraq won't LOP. After reading this article do you still think that? The deletion of the zeros sure seems like LOP to me. Please help clear this up for me. :huh:

good early morning to u, ...........per your quote......So bond lady I think I recall you saying you have studied this thing for years and that you are absolutely confident Iraq won't LOP......................i never an wouldnt ever say absolutly about any thing, its hard to be 100% sure of any thing, but i feel good at sayin imo 99% sure it wont lop but i wont do that debate here at dv altho i have done it at my place, for me to do this here would open the door to a lot of bashing and upset people as we all know the lopsters would def come out and make this thread miserable and me as well lol, as i had said before i dont support a lop, i dont think or can see 1 happening, u have to ask how could a lop help iraq at all, how could a lop help in reconstruction, relocating the people of the borders per article 140 barzani says there 750 lil villages that need to be moved goi says theve moved about 2 to300 people and dont have the money to move the rest at this present time an if things stay the way they are, itll take a long long time, and in the mean time turkey and iran continue to bomb the borders where they are, and how will it give the citizens a better life and how will it give them greater purchasing power and the list just goes on an on an on for me, so no i cant and wont support a lop, and if by chance there is one, ill deal with that when and if the time comes but for now i cant in good concious support a lop...........ty.......BL

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Press Release - Central Bank of Iraq

The article is in JPG format.. here's the link if anyone has the means to convert it to a word or text document..

http://sotaliraq.com/mobile-news.php?id=25946

I'm not trying to be a nay-sayer but, I went to the CBI website and there were NO press releases for 9-12-11. The last one was 8-26-11.

I'm not trying to be a nay-sayer but, I went to the CBI website and there were NO press releases for 9-12-11. The last one was 8-26-11.

i didnt find the press release on the cbi site but if u look on the arabic side in the cbi u might find it ;) dont think the press release was for us any way it was for the iraqi people and wouldnt be in english, thats why there was so much trouble trying to get it translated ..IMO..........BL

• Upvote 1

good early morning to u, ...........per your quote......So bond lady I think I recall you saying you have studied this thing for years and that you are absolutely confident Iraq won't LOP......................i never an wouldnt ever say absolutly about any thing, its hard to be 100% sure of any thing, but i feel good at sayin imo 99% sure it wont lop but i wont do that debate here at dv altho i have done it at my place, for me to do this here would open the door to a lot of bashing and upset people as we all know the lopsters would def come out and make this thread miserable and me as well lol, as i had said before i dont support a lop, i dont think or can see 1 happening, u have to ask how could a lop help iraq at all, how could a lop help in reconstruction, relocating the people of the borders per article 140 barzani says there 750 lil villages that need to be moved goi says theve moved about 2 to300 people and dont have the money to move the rest at this present time an if things stay the way they are, itll take a long long time, and in the mean time turkey and iran continue to bomb the borders where they are, and how will it give the citizens a better life and how will it give them greater purchasing power and the list just goes on an on an on for me, so no i cant and wont support a lop, and if by chance there is one, ill deal with that when and if the time comes but for now i cant in good concious support a lop...........ty.......BL

Thanks so much bondlady.....I really really appreciate your response. What is your website....I wouldlike to follow up in a place where all the bashers won't come out.

Thanks again!

Joe

Thanks so much bondlady.....I really really appreciate your response. What is your website....I wouldlike to follow up in a place where all the bashers won't come out.

Thanks again!

Joe

[/q........ty hun and sorry i wont promote my site here but im easy to find lol have a great day and ty kindly...BL

waves hi there bumper lol

• Upvote 1

I found it hard to find as well. The one link that seemed reasonable was http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/eco_fis_yea-economy-fiscal-year

But in both cases in the docs you have I think they are referencing the fiscal year of the US, not Iraq. Clearly the one below is doing so, and the state dept is all about things in the US too (but its a bit long to quote).

Nice, thanks for the info.