Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Dropping Zeros????

baydog

Thanks for the link but am still not really understanding. What will a 25,000 dinar note be worth if the zeros are dropped in US dollars. Thanks Again---If you go to currency newshound there is a clip stating that this is what they are talking about tommorrow.

Thanks for the link but am still not really understanding. What will a 25,000 dinar note be worth if the zeros are dropped in US dollars. Thanks Again---If you go to currency newshound there is a clip stating that this is what they are talking about tommorrow.

GREETINGS...

THIS IS THE WAY I UNDERSTAND IT....

RIGHT NOW.....HERE IS THE US DOLLAR EQUIVALENT ---- ONE IRAQI DOLLAR = .00085 U.S

TAKE AWAY THE 3 ZEROS , AND YOU HAVE THIS -------------ONE IRAQI DOLLAR = .85 U.S

IF IM WRONG.....I STAND ACCUSED...

If they remove the zeros your 25k note will be equal to 1 new 25 note....

Then if they do this, after the exchange period is over the new dinar will carry a new value equal to around 1 USD so technically you don't lose anything, but you don't gain anything either....it would be a neutral revenue event for us...

Your 25k note now is worth like 21.50 USD, the new 25 note would also be equal to 21.50 after the exchange process is over

• Upvote 2

I am sorry if I am rehashing a topic but I still don't understand what this all means. If the zeros are removed what will a 25,000 dinar note be worth in US dollars in the end? Thanks very much!!!!

Baydog In the simplest terms. If they drop the 3 zero`s from the exchange rate you are good to go.

If they drop the 3 zero`s from the currency you are screwed. Got it.

It will be one way or the other.

Pretty cool ride huh.

B)

Edited by dog53
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

ESTEWART,,, I believe your correct all the way with this statement ,,, And people who paid around $1100.00 to $1200.00 sure as hell did not make to much money and the ones who paid $854 for i million in Iraq made a little !!!! I still say the dinar sellers here in the states are the only ones making money on this and that is why we see so much junk published and if we are so close to any type of RV why are we still seeing dinar for sale and now we have lay-away plans ??? I dont know about anybody else but this is something to think about !!!! Am i wrong ???????????????????

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

ESTEWART,,, I believe your correct all the way with this statement ,,, And people who paid around $1100.00 to $1200.00 sure as hell did not make to much money and the ones who paid $854 for i million in Iraq made a little !!!! I still say the dinar sellers here in the states are the only ones making money on this and that is why we see so much junk published and if we are so close to any type of RV why are we still seeing dinar for sale and now we have lay-away plans ??? I dont know about anybody else but this is something to think about !!!! Am i wrong ???????????????????

No your not wrong in thinking that....its very possible that the only ones to make any bank off this are the dealers and their sidekick pumpers!!!

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My thought is that we bought 25000 dinar. That's what we will have times the rate. There may be an in country rate where the 3 zeroes are lopped off the currency. How does Iraq buy 26 F-16's with a total budget of under $100 billion. I think that is the key question, so I think we are looking at $0.856. It was already stated that the average income per Iraqi (not worker) will rise from $2200 to over $8,000. To me, all things are pointing to an RV. I will go back to my biggest indicator - the FDIC guarantee on a non-interest checking account going from $250K to unlimited. There is no conceivable reason for this law, other than the RV.

Edited by Bambino3
  • Upvote 1

when turkey and the other countries lopped they had to adjust the shares, stocks, bank accounts etc. Iraq just came out and said their shares would not be affected by the dropping of the zeroes so this means what someone percives as deleting the zeroes really could mean just decreasing the money supply ONLY!!! that doesnt mean that it will be a LOP because if they did want to RD first they would have to adjust EVERYTHING so please take this into account.

P.S remember countries last resort is to redenominate if they have no other choice. This is not a #1 solution for countries. So we wait and see what transpires.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

OK, one big theory/fear is they'll LOP the big notes (i.e., 25000, 10000, 5000, 1000). I get that. But, what happens to the smaller notes, of 500, 250, or 50 denoms? Do they leave these alone, allow them to coexist with the new currency, or do these get hacked as well? Posed this question many a time, but can never get a straight answer.

OK, one big theory/fear is they'll LOP the big notes (i.e., 25000, 10000, 5000, 1000). I get that. But, what happens to the smaller notes, of 500, 250, or 50 denoms? Do they leave these alone, allow them to coexist with the new currency, or do these get hacked as well? Posed this question many a time, but can never get a straight answer.

You would move the decimal over three places just like the bigger notes! The 500 becomes .50 cents or fils....the 250 becomes a quarter and so on....

Unfortunately all the bills would be affected...

Hey estewart and keepmwlknfuny so why are you here at DV and are you invested ? How sure are you that this investment will RD and only pay just 1 to 1?

Dinardarius

Cause Im not sure of anything...

Just the fact that if they do remove the zeros, then thats what will happen or thats at least what they are saying will happen!

But I dont believe thats the only option they have so Im still invested.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Man.. Imagine if they were truly going to R/V..

Imagine what telling the whole world removing 3 zeros from the exchange rate would do to the people...

Or saying... a 25,000 will soon equal $25,000..

Yikes.... I bet that would be crazy.

• Upvote 1

Man.. Imagine if they were truly going to R/V..

Imagine what telling the whole world removing 3 zeros from the exchange rate would do to the people...

Or saying... a 25,000 will soon equal $25,000..

Yikes.... I bet that would be crazy.

It's simple...they would say nothing....they have a responsibility to inform the people of Iraq what their plans are and how a redenomination will work...which is why they keep talking about it and why they use other countries as an example.

If they were going to RV...why not say nothing and just do it...and if it is going to save them why haven't they done it already?...according the the gurus an RV has been eminent for YEARS...so what is the trigger that all of a sudden makes their currency worth more than all of the rest of the currency in the world COMBINED?

How does Iraq buy 26 F-16's with a total budget of under $100 billion.

An F-16 costs about $70M, so 16 of them is $1.12B. They likely piad more for training and spare parts etc, so call it $2B. But they also likely are paying over several years. What's the problem? Edited by xyzzy

If they remove the zeros your 25k note will be equal to 1 new 25 note....

Then if they do this, after the exchange period is over the new dinar will carry a new value equal to around 1 USD so technically you don't lose anything, but you don't gain anything either....it would be a neutral revenue event for us...

Your 25k note now is worth like 21.50 USD, the new 25 note would also be equal to 21.50 after the exchange process is over

I believe that is incorrect . They are talking about removing them from circulation not from the actual note itself. From the articles I have read they indicate the old and new currency will coexist together and for a given time period the 25k note will honor the increase in value for that given amount of . Thus if the value is say one dollar after the increase in value then your 25k note will then be worth $25,000 American dollars. Not everyone agrees with this and I could be wrong but I truly believe this is how it will play out.

I believe so but it could be me that is wrong.

An F-16 costs about $70M, so 16 of them is $1.12B. They likely piad more for training and spare parts etc, so call it $2B. But they also likely are paying over several years. What's the problem?

Not to mention that it's not like they are having to give the full amount for those planes yet, considering that the delivery is not anticipated to occur until possibly 2013 through 2014/15.

They would have plenty of time to budget the amount. They would also have time for their oil production to increase somewhat and possibly offset the cost with increased oil sales.

Not to mention that it's not like they are having to give the full amount for those planes yet, considering that the delivery is not anticipated to occur until possibly 2013 through 2014/15.

They would have plenty of time to budget the amount. They would also have time for their oil production to increase somewhat and possibly offset the cost with increased oil sales.

Very True, they have not paid for those planes yet

They could also pay for those planes in Oil

I believe that is incorrect . They are talking about removing them from circulation not from the actual note itself. From the articles I have read they indicate the old and new currency will coexist together and for a given time period the 25k note will honor the increase in value for that given amount of . Thus if the value is say one dollar after the increase in value then your 25k note will then be worth $25,000 American dollars. Not everyone agrees with this and I could be wrong but I truly believe this is how it will play out.

I wish he was wrong.....they have never stated just removing the larger bills from circulation. They talk about the whole currency being replaced by redenominating and removing three zeros from ALL current notes. Thats what the articles are saying at least. There have been many english articles that have described it as being exactly what we dont want and that clear up some of the confusion. Still no new news on whether they voted on this plan to RD yet.....

• Downvote 2

I wish he was wrong.....they have never stated just removing the larger bills from circulation. They talk about the whole currency being replaced by redenominating and removing three zeros from ALL current notes. Thats what the articles are saying at least. There have been many english articles that have described it as being exactly what we dont want and that clear up some of the confusion. Still no new news on whether they voted on this plan to RD yet.....

I could be wrong but we won't know until the very end in the meantime there's no need to fight argue over it.

I could be wrong but we won't know until the very end in the meantime there's no need to fight argue over it.

Who is fighting about it? LOL Just making a statement.....

Your right, we wont know exactly what WILL happen, but its clear what they have been saying they are gonna do or want to do I should say....whether they follow through with it is a whole different story!!

• Downvote 1

Your right, we wont know exactly what WILL happen, but its clear what they have been saying they are gonna do or want to do I should say....whether they follow through with it is a whole different story!!

sorry that came out wrong I meant no disrespect I was just saying that we are gonna agree to disagree.

KEEPS.

Of course they are not going to advertise that because that would be suicide for them.but I believe they are removing the zero's through the money auctions we have been over this a hundred times.what else would the Goi be doing bringing in all those dinars,they are not recirculating all of them back into the economy the majority of them is getting put away.the people prefer the usd and this makes the perfect time to flood the market with usd and remove the zero's and once they got the amount of the dinar in circulation they could easily revalue it.a lop or remove the zero's off the currency just does not make sense.

I just meant that one statement is always followed by another rebuttle and no one really knows exactly what's going to happen until it happens.

• Upvote 1