Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Trade in for Lower denominations

chevysmemaw

Dont ask....LOL

I understand your response back to mrref but he has a point. If they are going to take three zero's off then that would go for every piece of currency they have be it the 50 dinar note up to the 25000 dinar note. Unless you just want to have a bunch of smaller notes then why change. Also you will probably lose money by trying to exchange but whatever you decide good luck.

I understand your response back to mrref but he has a point. If they are going to take three zero's off then that would go for every piece of currency they have be it the 50 dinar note up to the 25000 dinar note. Unless you just want to have a bunch of smaller notes then why change. Also you will probably lose money by trying to exchange but whatever you decide good luck.

Absolutely agree. Besides Chevy....are you willing to part with 9-10 mil large denoms for 1 mil of 50 dinar notes? The secondary market has been artificially pumped. Good luck with your decisions and be safe.

• Upvote 1

You probably could at a dealer. I noticed after buying 25,000 notes that Adam had hypothesized a possible scenario where the Iraqi gov't or CBI would create a limited window (e.g.- 30 days) to get the larger notes off the street. After the RV, the larger notes would be impractical for most Iraqis. I used Dinarbanker and subsequently purchased for basically the same amount (of the 25,000) some 500 notes just to try to cover "all my bases". I could imagine a scenario where one could actually end up making much more per dinar on the smaller notes. That is why the smaller notes are3-4x as costly. All this is to say is that a person might be "forced" to get whatever he/she could from the 25,000 notes within the 30-day period, and then hold on to the smaller notes (for example, 500 or 250) and patiently wait for the value to increase over time.

• Upvote 1

You probably could at a dealer. I noticed after buying 25,000 notes that Adam had hypothesized a possible scenario where the Iraqi gov't or CBI would create a limited window (e.g.- 30 days) to get the larger notes off the street. After the RV, the larger notes would be impractical for most Iraqis. I used Dinarbanker and subsequently purchased for basically the same amount (of the 25,000) some 500 notes just to try to cover "all my bases". I could imagine a scenario where one could actually end up making much more per dinar on the smaller notes. That is why the smaller notes are3-4x as costly. All this is to say is that a person might be "forced" to get whatever he/she could from the 25,000 notes within the 30-day period, and then hold on to the smaller notes (for example, 500 or 250) and patiently wait for the value to increase over time.

Paying for the lower notes at 3 to 4 times the normal price is a rip off and a scam.....

What happens to one currency happens to all of it.....if they retract any of the bills, then all of them would be changed....the only time there has ever been a time period for exchange on bills is when a country has redenominated and the entire currency is changed....

• Upvote 2

Paying for the lower notes at 3 to 4 times the normal price is a rip off and a scam.....

What happens to one currency happens to all of it.....if they retract any of the bills, then all of them would be changed....the only time there has ever been a time period for exchange on bills is when a country has redenominated and the entire currency is changed....

Plus one dude. Big scam!

A dinar is a dinar is a dinar. Period!

Paying $1200 for $786 worth of dinar is a ripoff and a scam....

Valid points. Its about 3200.00usd/ 1 million dinar in 500 dinar denomination....however, its approximately 25.00usd/1000 dinar which equates to 25,000usd/1 million dinar in 50 dinar denominations. Those are numbers I found at 2 separate sites. Just passing along some info. Be safe, have fun...and happy Monday!