Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

You want to stop the BIG UNION thugs?

parmenio

...THEN STOP BUYING ANYTHING MADE WITH A UNION LABLE!!!

Overall this will help America to get rid of the LEFTIES like Hoffa and Trumpka!!! Eventually we will see the rising of a REAL UNION movement that has its heart in the welfare of the American EMPLOYEE (notice I didn't say "worker" like marxists do) and our CONSTITUTION and the preservation of the American way of life!!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 8

Overall this will help America to get rid of the LEFTIES like Hoffa and Trumpka!!! Eventually we will see the rising of a REAL UNION movement that has its heart in the welfare of the American EMPLOYEE (notice I didn't say "worker" like marxists do) and our CONSTITUTION and the preservation of the American way of life!!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Pi$$ off from Local #528 Cement Masons and Plasterers. Keep buying the crap Wal-Mart sells. Money goes straight to China.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

Pi$$ off from Local #528 Cement Masons and Plasterers. Keep buying the crap Wal-Mart sells. Money goes straight to China.

Ever heard of NAFTA? The original concept was started by Carter. It was Clinton that completed the final draft and backed by most of the Democrats and passed through Congress. It was signed by Clinton with a bi-partisan support. Unfortunately the RHINOS were in cohots with him. That's when jobs started to leave this country and has brought us to our knees today! Remember the vital military technology Clinton GAVE to the REDS around that same time?

Before you join a union perhaps you may want to learn who the Brown Shirts and Red Scarfs are in this country that lead you folks by the nose!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

Ever heard of NAFTA? The original concept was started by Carter. It was Clinton that completed the final draft and backed by most of the Democrats and passed through Congress. It was signed by Clinton with a bi-partisan support. Unfortunately the RHINOS were in cohots with him. That's when jobs started to leave this country and has brought us to our knees today! Remember the vital military technology Clinton GAVE to the REDS around that same time?

Before you join a union perhaps you may want to learn who the Brown Shirts and Red Scarfs are in this country that lead you folks by the nose!

Something that was put into place 30 years ago is one thing, but the fact that it still exist is another. You want to blame the democrats, but the republicians are the ones that allow this to continue. So before we start laying blame and what not, the fact that we havent put more taxes on imports is the real reason jobs arent here in the United States. This has nothing to do with Unions.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Something that was put into place 30 years ago is one thing, but the fact that it still exist is another. You want to blame the democrats, but the republicians are the ones that allow this to continue. So before we start laying blame and what not, the fact that we havent put more taxes on imports is the real reason jobs arent here in the United States. This has nothing to do with Unions.

Facts are facts with the genisis of the ideology you are so lamely trying to defend. You folks are losing support with the American people and with your own file and rank. Unless you distance yourselves from the THUGS that misappropriate your dues and give it to corrupt politicians, this includes Republicans, nothing good will come of your movementy today.

Get rid of your Strerns Hoffas and Trumpkas..., all of whom have been associated with felons and some even with criminal records.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

NAFTA has nothing to with the unions in fact Clinton put in a clause protecting the American Worker.

• Upvote 4

NAFTA has nothing to with the unions in fact Clinton put in a clause protecting the American Worker.

My friend your lack of understanding timelines exposes your ignorance when you say "NAFTA has nothing to do with unions." Anyone familiar with politics can tell you companies will not shut down the next day when a bill is passed when it affects them. It may take several decades especially a bill like NAFTA. Obviously you are NOT familiar with it enough that I can converse with you intelligently. So..., lets leave it at that and drink to the RV that is soon to come!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

My friend your lack of understanding timelines exposes your ignorance when you say "NAFTA has nothing to do with unions." Anyone familiar with politics can tell you companies will not shut down the next day when a bill is passed when it affects them. It may take several decades especially a bill like NAFTA. Obviously you are NOT familiar with it enough that I can converse with you intelligently. So..., lets leave it at that and drink to the RV that is soon to come!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

Show me where in the NAFTA Agreement unions are brought up. Back up your argument. You brought in the NAFTA Agreement, so I read the NAFTA Areement and I did not see anything that had to do with the unions. When you make remarks about peoples intelligence it just shows your own.

• Upvote 4

Maxine Waters and James Hoffa does not speak for Union Workers!!!!!! They are both idiots, losers, and give Unions a bad name. It really pi$$'s me off to hear them talk like "Thugs". That'e all they do. Well I am a Union Member and I get sick of being demonized by the Republicans, and "THUG UNIONS". AFLCIO and Democrats "DO NOT SPEAK FOR UNIONS". Their are idiots. The fight is between the classes. I thought we knew that here. The haves & have nots. Upper, middle, low. Well the middle class has just about dissolved. Unions are there to make fair wages, and benefits. I pay dearly for insurance. I get a raise that just pays for the insurance premium that goes up every contract. So it's best to say, I don't get healthy raises or pensions. And pay Union Dues, which I am happy to pay just to know the company cannot come in and take benefits or pay at their whim. I don't like slackers and I pay my taxes too. I am "NOT" democrat or republican. I am "INDEPENDENT". Neither of them are working for me, they are all rich and how does one get rich doing public service??? Thug Unions ruin it for their members by acting like fools as James Hoffa and Maxine Waters did by putting down the TEA PARTY because they are giving Democrats a run for their money. They want to take them out???? Are you serious. And someone put her in office??? At times I have to say I miss California, but I surely don't miss what it has become.

Edited by uncirculd
  • Upvote 2

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Hoffa's remark only showed his ignorance of economics. The fiery rhetoric coming from the left will only cause them to self destruct.

NAFTA was started before Clinton. One of his campaign promises was "No NAFTA", but he signed it into law within 6 months after being elected.

Bush lost his reelection because of his "New World Order"bs.

There were many issues both "sides" cooperated to screw America.

Bush closed several military bases as "downsizing".

Clinton made those closed bases national parks for maintenance reasons.

Clinton then gave the UN control of all national parks, claiming the daily access fees collected would help pay off the national debt.

The UN then moved thousands of foreign nationals onto those bases, there is now a foreign army on American soil.

This is true.

There are many of us that have been trying to open Americans eyes to the real threat, all of the "establishment" politicians.

Please, let's not waste time arguing which side had the worst SOB's, because they are ALL dirt bags.

The only way to reign in the unions is if the union membership themselves decided to strike against their locals for misrepresentation.

I am an ex union member.

There are hundreds of thousands of VERY patriotic Americans in locals across America.

Some of the most talented tradesmen come from union training.

It is only the political boot licker's at the top of each local that is neck deep in someone else's rear.

The original unions saved millions of workers life's by forcing greedy corporations to follow safety standards.

Unfortunately, power corrupts, and a good many of the BA's have realized all they have to do is bring companies to their knees and they can secure a very good living off of someone else labor.

That is what caused me to leave the IBEW.

It is each local membership that needs to decide what they actually do stand for.

Unfortunately, that is a lot easier said than done.

Now is the time for America to define itself.

Are we the sheep that ALL power mongers think we are, or do we still have the individual fighting spirit that made this country the greatest in the word?

I will continue to buy ANY product that is MADE IN AMERICA.

Even though I am no longer union, I will support my American brothers and sisters, because to not do that would be to support a foreign country.

We need to pray for our unions, I know I am not the only person that understands the union problems, it is something they need to work out themselves.

I think a lot of union people are ready to make a stand against the Hoffa's.

Just because we are finally ready as a peoples to get rid of the fake representatives on both sides, it is not a single election that will be the magic button to turn us around.

Today, thousands of our military walked patrols, flew sorties, monitored screens, protecting America.

That doesn't mean they get to take tomorrow off because they got the job done today.

It means they go at it tomorrow too. They are vigilant. because the threat never ends.

As a Vietnam Era Vet I can tell you, there was a lot of squabbles in the barracks, but when we were in the s**t, I knew I could count on every single man to watch my back,I watched theirs, and that's how we survived.

That is the same with corruption.

Once we do finally get rid of the pretenders, we HAVE to remain vigilant, and act the moment the next proves themselves a liar.

i am not talking exclusively about Obama, there are 535 members of congress.

Once an elected official shows they are corrupted we need to immediately begin a recall.

Only when the "representatives" realize we will hold them accountable will they act with responsibility.

We are a diverse peoples, but teaching kids to only see the difference, and ignore the similarities has only helped bring us to this current situation.

We need to understand we are more alike than separate, and we need to come together in one voice, and unleash thunder in DC.

I pray for blessings upon each one of you.

• Upvote 4

I don't see any Chinese masons working on any buildings in my neighborhood.

Union folks should stop bitching about NAFTA and realize that free trade agreements are not going away. Unions would be better served looking forward and trying to work within the current frame work. Work with companies to improve productiity instead of protecting the 10% of the workforce that is lazy. 1970 will neer come back.

Edited by Polecat85
  • Downvote 1

I don't see any Chinese masons working on any buildings in my neighborhood.

Union folks should stop bitching about NAFTA and realize that free trade agreements are not going away. Unions would be better served looking forward and trying to work within the current frame work. Work with companies to improve productiity instead of protecting the 10% of the workforce that is lazy. 1970 will neer come back.

Look up FTZ, or Free Trade Zones. They are the evolution of Free trade.

I would agree with Fair trade, but free trade is absolutely destroying our country.

Do you understand what the trade deficit means?

Look it up.

The reason for this is because China still puts unreasonable tariffs on American products.

Free trade has GOT to go.

Edited by divemaster5734
  • Upvote 1

Body or Mind

What can the body do without the mind?

What can the mind do without the body?

Which is of the most value is not the question.

But, does each understand the value of the other?

The greatest thinker with the greatest plan cannot do much unless the body is a willing participant.

Let’s see manufacturing as a share of the economy has been plummeting. In 1965, manufacturing accounted for 53 percent of the economy. By1988 it only accounted for 39 percent, and in 2004, it accounted for just 9 percent. For instance when the steel companies decided to leave Pittsburg, it was not that they were not making a profit. The steel companies were making about 8-12% RRR (Required Rate of Return) for every dollar invested, but the board decided that the steel companies needed 21% RRR. So, where did the plants move to; right Mexico…Go down the list of all manufacturing sectors autos,appliances, etc. Those industries first went to Mexico and when Mexican wages became too high they moved to China & Taiwan. If the Unions are as strong as some suggest why did the Unions let this happen. Unions where never for NAFTA but it passed anyway, so again, why did the Unions not use their muscle to stop NAFTA? Because the Unions never had as much power as some would suggest. Theory holds that if you cannot fight or get even with the people who really hold the power; why not get mad at your own kind and bring their work for decent wage and benefit package lower...because nobody deserves a fair days wage for a fairs days’ work. I would rather cheer for the working man/women who makes a good wage, for in him/her America was built. Instead of tearing working people down for their success, we should cheer for workers hourly or salaried to achieve a good wage. It worked in the 1990’s.

Let’s run the wages in America to the bottom then everyone should be happy…Oh thats right we must not forget that a Nations wealth is much dependent on having a firm foundation in manufacturing that will support other job creations: accounting, services, real-estate, health care. Not to forget even more taxs for the government. Not Economic engineering of the Dot Com, Enron, and Housing the Bubble. I think both parties were in office during these crashes/crisis. But then again we should blame the Unions, the working person. Makes sense to me, if I cannot get the big players lets pick on the smaller ones.

Unionmembership in 2010 11.9% in 1945 more than 1/3 of the work force was unionized.The number of wage and salary workers be-longing to unions in 2010 declined by 612,000 to 14.7 million.

In 2010, among full-time wage and salary workers, union members had median usual weekly earnings of $917, while those who were not represented by unions had median weekly earnings of $717.

http://www.bls.gov/n.../pdf/union2.pdf

Unions have help pass legislation for:

Fair Minimum Wage Act of 2007, providing an increase in the federal minimum wage.

1. The Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970, a comprehensive federal law ensuring safety in the workplace.
  2. Workers' compensation laws, giving workers injured on the job medical coverage and compensation for lost time.
  3. Mine safety laws strengthening mine safety standards and protecting the rights of mine workers.
  4. The Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938, creating the 40-hour work week and the first minimum wage.
  5. The Social Security Act of 1935, providing benefits to unemployed and retired workers.

Oh, I am sorry some think that Social Security is not deserved even though we have paid into it for over 30 years; it was make believe I quess.

• Upvote 4