Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

1000 to 1 (In country RV)

Mongo

Here is a logical question for you. Say you live in Iraq and have a 25k note in your possession. Say your brother has an account in the cbi with 25k dinar in it. How are they going to give the same purchasing power to both people with a lop or dual currency? It is completely impossible. That would be punishing the people that carry notes instead of having an account.

The both end up with the same purchasing power., the account gets reduced by three zeros to 25 dinar and the cash holder still holds a 25k dinar note....but when either one goes to spend what they have...they have the same value(about $21)..no one is getting punished

This has been explained VERY clearly in several articles

Edited by Ridewithme38

Okie is Lebanese?

Maybe so.

I worked for a UAE company called Midex Airlines,,owned by some Lebanese self proclaimed doctor.

Yet he stated he was educated in the USA and was a listed surgeon with the AME.

No one can find any record of his education or any listing of him being a doctor/surgeon with the AME.

This owner lied and cheated all the pilots with contract changes,,not paying correctly as per contract etc.

Many of us left.

The middle East is all full of lies and deciet.

Worked there for many years,,Lebanese just Arabs with shoes.

Would never trust anything they have to say.

Here is a logical question for you. Say you live in Iraq and have a 25k note in your possession. Say your brother has an account in the cbi with 25k dinar in it. How are they going to give the same purchasing power to both people with a lop or dual currency? It is completely impossible. That would be punishing the people that carry notes instead of having an account.

That is where the confusion lies. Most people don't realize that not only are there two separate currencies with two separate exchange rates, but there are two completely different currency codes.

Unfortunately it is not 'impossible' as it has happened numerous times. The locals don't lose one cent of their currency, nor do foreign investors lose. The only people that stand to lose anything are those that paid more for the currency than it's actual value was worth, such as through dinar dealers.

I know, this is not what people want to hear. But it is what has happened many times in many different countries. It is a tried and proven method of countries either trying to erase current effects of hyperinflation or countries trying to erase effects of previous hyperinflation.

In the end, both brothers would be able to buy the same amount of goods with the currencies that they held.

Edited by HopefulTxn
  • Upvote 2

Why is it you post something that has no relevance what so ever but you become the overnight hero.

You post informative or educational information with links but you then become the village idiot overnight

You make up some complete out of this world story & within 20 minutes you become a GURU

I think its time for me to just read this forum & forget to add any comments in the future.

I wish you all well with your investment but I can guarantee the same old same old Gurus, senior members & MODS will still be here on the 1st of January 2012, with a rate date for the next & the next dates throughout 2012

Hell hath no fury like a jaded woman with no sense of humor and a chip on her shoulder.

• Upvote 3

what fils???

they aren't using fils yet.

Iraq used to use fils ... they were coinage, no longer used, but still accepted by enterprising merchants who will keep them to sell as souvenirs. But, when the decision was made to revalue the dinar, and reprint the money, coinage was included in the plan and fils were part of it. There wre two coins and I don't remember now the amount of each one. But it took so many of each one to make a dinar. Like we have ten dimes in a dollar or twenty nickels in a dollar, they had so many of each coin in the dinar. The original plan called for at least two denominations of coins.

The above I got from a "link" ... the almighty link ... but it was on a site I was banned from for saying one thing bad about Okie and so I don't have access to is any longer.

Now, not a linked bit, but some scuttlebutt I got a couple of years ago ... apparently, as I was told, one of the reasons the coins were phased out was that when a shipment of dinar and fils from the printer and minter I guess, but new ones anyway, were being shipped through Iraq the transport was stopped and robbed. The bills would not be too easy to pass after a while because all of the series of numbers, yes those squiggles are numbers, would be passed out and published and the thieves would soon find they could not pass the paper. The coins however, were not identified by numbers. scuff them up a little, or let them sit for a bit in a mildly corrosive compound and voila! you have not so newly minted coins. So, being unable to stop the use of what must have been an awful lot of coinage, it was decided to stop using the coins since everything was going to a dinar in most cases and the whole system became a more expensive system for shoppers but eliminated coinage and smaller denominations. So sayeth the person who told me and no, there is no link for this either.

*sigh* I hope I got all that straight. I did mention no links, didn't I? :)

smee2

The both end up with the same purchasing power., the account gets reduced by three zeros to 25 dinar and the cash holder still holds a 25k dinar note....but when either one goes to spend what they have...they have the same value(about $21)..no one is getting punished

This has been explained VERY clearly in several articles

How is that possible because they are only talking about the 000 notes, not the lower ones, so who's to say you didn't cash in your account for 500 notes?

First then its in the wrong forum & if the MODS were doing there jobs correctly it should have been moved long ago :angry:

So let’s get some things straight then

You can post the original post & get peoples hopes up & be given +s for doing so.

You can make a polite joke about someone you know even though you know that they too will think its funny but you will be hammered left right & centre for it & called all the names under the sun.

Its also fine to post fictitious rumours & be rewarded for it.

Its also acceptable to post rumours or out right BS to pump the pumpers

I am really confused at the moment of DV senior members or respected posters of the true intensions of this forum.

Why is it you post something that has no relevance what so ever but you become the overnight hero.

You post informative or educational information with links but you then become the village idiot overnight

You make up some complete out of this world story & within 20 minutes you become a GURU

I think its time for me to just read this forum & forget to add any comments in the future.

I wish you all well with your investment but I can guarantee the same old same old Gurus, senior members & MODS will still be here on the 1st of January 2012, with a rate date for the next & the next dates throughout 2012

OK Zantac, if you want to be serious then lets be serious. This website is actually an accurate reflection of what is going on in this world. This is the reason politicians lie - they know what people don't want - bad news. So they tell them what they want to hear. And that is also why necessary but unpopular/financially painful economics policies are never implemented.

This is the world we live in. We can either turn bitter about it and lose hope or we can see it all as just an experience - how we react defines the quality of our life. Next year, five years, ten years from now what will ANY of this matter.

• Upvote 5

How is that possible because they are only talking about the 000 notes, not the lower ones, so who's to say you didn't cash in your account for 500 notes?

They're talking about all the notes...when they mention taking three zero's off the note and exchange rate they don't just mean off the three zero notes they mean the 500 and 50 also...

Exactly what you said is the reason they can't just take it off the notes above 1,000, plus its just not how a redenomination works...the 25,000 becomes 25, the 10,000 becomes 10 the 5,000 becomes 5, the 1,000 becomes 1, they 500 becomes 500 fils and the 50 becomes 50 fils

But because the zero's are taken off BOTH the exchange rate AND the notes....its a completely revenue neutral event...

This is what they've said they will do in EVERY SINGLE article...you'd expect their would be some kind of double talk if it wasn't true

My cousin stationed in the Green Zone e-mailed me yesterday. He & the Foreign Service knows nothing of the ID RV going on in country. He will send me another update this Sunday.

Ask him about the three zero Redenomination, i'm thinking the education campaign must have atleast hit where he shops by now....he'll never hear about a RV though....because, well, a RV would just be silly without a RD first

First then its in the wrong forum & if the MODS were doing there jobs correctly it should have been moved long ago :angry:

So let’s get some things straight then

You can post the original post & get peoples hopes up & be given +s for doing so.

You can make a polite joke about someone you know even though you know that they too will think its funny but you will be hammered left right & centre for it & called all the names under the sun.

Its also fine to post fictitious rumours & be rewarded for it.

Its also acceptable to post rumours or out right BS to pump the pumpers

I am really confused at the moment of DV senior members or respected posters of the true intensions of this forum.

This is one of several forums in which an unknown number of absolute strangers, from every state in the Union and from many countries all over the world, and all with one overriding connection, somehow come together in common union, all with a need to share information, to learn, to gather information, and/or to support, or to get support from, each other regarding a (hopefully) single idea under discussion, all while meeting a rather large amount of criteria and/or number of points and/or regulations, plus some rather high expectations of each other. Given all that, I think a little flexibility might be in order.

OK Zantac, if you want to be serious then lets be serious. This website is actually an accurate reflection of what is going on in this world. This is the reason politicians lie - they know what people don't want - bad news. So they tell them what they want to hear. And that is also why necessary but unpopular/financially painful economics policies are never implemented.

This is the world we live in. We can either turn bitter about it and lose hope or we can see it all as just an experience - how we react defines the quality of our life. Next year, five years, ten years from now what will ANY of this matter.

Extremely well said!!!

They're talking about all the notes...when they mention taking three zero's off the note and exchange rate they don't just mean off the three zero notes they mean the 500 and 50 also...

Exactly what you said is the reason they can't just take it off the notes above 1,000, plus its just not how a redenomination works...the 25,000 becomes 25, the 10,000 becomes 10 the 5,000 becomes 5, the 1,000 becomes 1, they 500 becomes 500 fils and the 50 becomes 50 fils

But because the zero's are taken off BOTH the exchange rate AND the notes....its a completely revenue neutral event...

This is what they've said they will do in EVERY SINGLE article...you'd expect their would be some kind of double talk if it wasn't true

Ask him about the three zero Redenomination, i'm thinking the education campaign must have atleast hit where he shops by now....he'll never hear about a RV though....because, well, a RV would just be silly without a RD first

He says when you see them changing the prices in the shops & stores, RV-LOP will happen. So far, no price tag changes on anything exept for normal inflation.

Edited by Luigi1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I was talking to a lebanese business man last night, we always touch bases on dinar news as it unfolds. He has family in Iraq and heavily invested in the NID. He tells me(in his own words) they take three zeros off everything you buy, you buy a loaf of bread for, say a 1000 fils you pay only 1 fil, people are very happy. I told him, looks like the purchasing power of the dinar has went up. he said yes I'm very pleased this has happened but I am waiting for it to reach here in the USA

Not sure if I can believe this post from Mongo http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAw7iucS17Thd_keX4Dp1FMiE7D_1_rEqxBGSGLinTr73y3Psg6w :lol:

eh?

basically if you buy something that was yesterday 10,000 dinar you would pay today 10 dinar or you could buy 1,000 of them for 10 dinar each for your 10,000 dinar note where as yesterday you would only get 1...it's pretty basic fils is just how they have referred to their notes backing in other words what backs up the currency.

• Downvote 1

basically if you buy something that was yesterday 10,000 dinar you would pay today 10 dinar or you could buy 1,000 of them for 10 dinar each for your 10,000 dinar note where as yesterday you would only get 1...it's pretty basic fils is just how they have referred to their notes backing in other words what backs up the currency.

This is VERY incorrect....

WHEN THE RD HAPPENS:

Using your 10,000 dinar priced item....If you look at an item before the RD and it is priced 10,000 dinar....after the RD you will be able to pay EITHER 10,000 dinar or 10 dinar for it...They will have THE SAME VALUE and be interchangable

You know...Even me, a STRONG supporter of the RD.....am having trouble supporting it....i mean if the educated masses on this forum can't understand how it works...how do we expect the common iraqi to get it?

Edited by Ridewithme38