Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CNTV Video: Iraq to revalue its currency (9/7/11)

DRV1804

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So he said a 1K note becomes a 1 dinar note, and that this proces would take a several years to complete. Clearly that is not an RV but an RD, he was just using the wrong term. Nothing in the video talked about buying power for the 1k current dinar or 1 new dinar increasing, and RV's are not announced. This is only bad.

no restructuring is an R/d and that will be a long process yes. I just read and artcile stating the would have to increase the value then restructure . This is good it actually means they will not R/D right away but actually give it time to collect all the big notes from circulation as well. If they were to R/D right off the bat we would be screwed but this is not the case over the course of 2-3 years, they will add value because if they Dont what will it accomplish and how will they go international for the first time with just an R/D? makes no sense.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 10

no restructuring is an R/d and that will be a long process yes. I just read and artcile stating the would have to increase the value then restructure . This is good it actually means they will not R/D right away but actually give it time to collect all the big notes from circulation as well. If they were to R/D right off the bat we would be screwed but this is not the case over the course of 2-3 years they will add value because if they Dont what will it accomplish and how will they go international for the first time with just an R/D? makes no sense.

i hope youre right. so what youre saying is that we should have a 2 year window?

Well then if its an RD lets call it an RD. Where is the article about increasing value? I do expect an RV to happen before or soon after the RD is announced, just a very small one though.

me too im not expecting a huge RV neither. Would be nice but they need to RV to raise the value where they can trade internationally and give the Iraqis some buying power back from long years of war. Also it would make sense to come out about .86 cents then that will give it time for the maket to drive up the dinar but this will take years to accomplish once they know what they are sitting on regarding reserrves. Lots of untapped reserves still.

Edited by easyrider

Well then if its an RD lets call it an RD. Where is the article about increasing value? I do expect an RV to happen before or soon after the RD is announced, just a very small one though.

the small .10-.25 would be okay in my book. That would pay off a lot of loans!

no restructuring is an R/d and that will be a long process yes. I just read and artcile stating the would have to increase the value then restructure . This is good it actually means they will not R/D right away but actually give it time to collect all the big notes from circulation as well. If they were to R/D right off the bat we would be screwed but this is not the case over the course of 2-3 years they will add value because if they Dont what will it accomplish and how will they go international for the first time with just an R/D? makes no sense.

Exactly! Still dont see how some dont get it............the CBI is meaning that they will remove the 3zero currency from the circulation NOT off the note..LOL its seriously funny at ths point how you could just hang around no scream no its bad all day :blink: makes no sense

They continue to talk about how this process will take years and the currencies will co-exsist........at the end of the day a dinar is a dinar especially outside of Iraq :D

We are gettin so dang close!!!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

no restructuring is an R/d and that will be a long process yes. I just read and artcile stating the would have to increase the value then restructure . This is good it actually means they will not R/D right away but actually give it time to collect all the big notes from circulation as well. If they were to R/D right off the bat we would be screwed but this is not the case over the course of 2-3 years, they will add value because if they Dont what will it accomplish and how will they go international for the first time with just an R/D? makes no sense.

I like your thought, easy. First, a revalue that will de-dollarize the country. Then, slowly move towards having the strongest currency in the ME, competitive to Kuwait. That's what I'm hoping, and thinking will happen. Once we get some finalization out of the way by going international, there will be soooooo many angles to work in order to capitalize. I know my angles. I gotta end my post with the Mr. Consistent DV member 'Laid Back':

GO RV, GO BIG 3+

Or something like that.

• Upvote 2

Indeed that would be fantastic, but if we take it as correct that in the RD (or resructuring) a 1,000 IQD becomes a 1 (new)IQD, then that brings the rate up to $0.86 with no RV at all. Then if they want to make the dinar more attractive they could do a 2x-4x RV so it would be at $1.72 - $3.44 . As soon as we for sure know the RD as 1000:1 instead of 100:1, we know the RV that goes with it is limited. If the RD was 100:1, then the associated RV could be 20x, but the announcer did clearly say a 1000 note becomes a 1 note sad.gif

yes he is simply referring to the lower denoms but the exchange rate must change along with the 2012 budget ive read numerous articles that have said the exchange rate is indeed tied to their budget. That will be changing the programmed rate will not stay for long.

Part of the restructuring process is to take in the big three zero notes not to do just a simple RD without rasing the value that makes no sense at all to me anyway.

P.S this has been studied by one of the smartest economists in the WORLD AL- Shabbibi from him to come out and say well we are just gona R/D and follow suit like Turkey and brazil etc. IMHO that will not happen this has been studied for years please take that in regard as well.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 1

I totally agree with you Easy.

• Upvote 1