Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

IQD mentioned on Clark Howard's show today

Aquaman87

Someone called in to Clark Howard's radio finance talk show asking about the dinar. Clark said this is a very cyclical topic that he frequently gets phone calls about. The guy bought dinar at his wife's request even though he did not see the potential. Now he can't find anyone buying it back and unable to get rid of it. Clark said he has two choices. He can use it as wall paper for all it is worth now or quietly let it sit on a shelf in the closet until someday if or when it becomes valuable. He gave the caller two pieces of advice. 1) Never ever let his wife hear him say "I told you so" and 2) just tuck it away for now and never mention it again until/unless it RVs if he loves his wife. Smart guy! I got a chuckle anyway.

Clark said there's no way a country will RV unless it is very stable with a solid government. From what he sees on the news, it ain't happening any time soon.

I like Clark's show and wondered what he would say about the IQD. Apparently I have more faith in the IQD than he does.

Sorry. Just noticed this is under Related News and not Rumors. Tried to change but couldn't.

Edited by Aquaman87

Someone called in to Clark Howard's radio finance talk show asking about the dinar. Clark said this is a very cyclical topic that he frequently gets phone calls about. The guy bought dinar at his wife's request even though he did not see the potential. Now he can't find anyone buying it back and unable to get rid of it. Clark said he has two choices. He can use it as wall paper for all it is worth now or quietly let it sit on a shelf in the closet until someday if or when it becomes valuable. He gave the caller two pieces of advice. 1) Never ever let his wife hear him say "I told you so" and 2) just tuck it away for now and never mention it again until/unless it RVs if he loves his wife. Smart guy! I got a chuckle anyway.

Clark said there's no way a country will RV unless it is very stable with a solid government. From what he sees on the news, it ain't happening any time soon.

I like Clark's show and wondered what he would say about the IQD. Apparently I have more faith in the IQD than he does.

Sorry. Just noticed this is under Related News and not Rumors. Tried to change but couldn't.

Clark Howard is no authority on Iraqs govt or Iraqs economics. It is true that all he knows is what he sees on the news. Thats probably why is is a doing a talk show. He can be entertaining in my opinion.

• Upvote 3

Most conservative man on earth! :)

This is the guy who flys standby around the world with his famly..........lol

Very entertaning guy and I love love listening to him BUT defnitely not a dinar guy...............although he did sound like he might own some :D

Clark regularly fields this topic, and dances around it like most online and on-air commentators.... they can't be in the business of "speculating"...

I like Clark a lot. IMO currency trading is out of his depth, but he's fair-minded in his commentary on it.

He even told one caller a week ago not to tell his friend holding dinar "I told you so" if the investment goes nowhere.. but he also told him that "if your friend gets rich from it," to "let him enjoy it."

Someone called in to Clark Howard's radio finance talk show asking about the dinar.

I was an avid options trader before the GFC. I was in it every day, 24/7. I listen to all, I read it all... I lived it.

Before the GFC, I saw signs of this massive fall. Like many ( well, relatively speaking) others. The media did not see it. The "gurus" and experts on tv and in the newspapers ( and I'm talking about the well-known analysts on Bloomberg tv and CNN and what have you) did NOT see this coming.

I took all my money out of shares and options and went cash. For two, three weeks. it went on and on, the media were talking as if the sky was the limit and then suddenly BANG!!!!

They didn't know what hit them...

And when I started buying ( with people like Lance Spicer in Australia and Warren Buffett in the US) the media was yelling doom and gloom.

In anything: be a contrarian. If the media say the economy is great, stock up on canned beans!

They.Do.Not.Have.A.Clue.

• Upvote 5

chicken and egg argument. do they need an rv to become stable or do they need to be stable to have an rv. i believe, also, they need to be stable for quite a while before an rv. so 2013 seems reasonable.

Geezus Christmas! Some of you all are just plain.... IGNORANT! Giving a person negs for stating his opinion instead of engaging him/her in an intelligent debate! We all know where the "warm and fuzzy, feel good sites" are, so take off to one of those if you don't dig an opinion that doesn't embrace yours. I hope his/her opinion is incorrect, but watch how this is done instead of just throwing out a neg:

Why do you believe that 2013 is reasonable? I myself feel that it could happen at any moment. Maybe by years end in lieu of all the articles coming out in regards to the dropping three zeroes and the fact that there has been action on different currency websites, but in order to help maintain my sanity, I'm looking more towards mid 2012. I don't have a good reason for the 2012 prediction, again, it's just so not to set myself up for disappointment.

See there? Gimme all the negs you want. That will just solidify my point, or refer to my posts beginning and engage instead of pouting just because it's not a feel good reply. Chao.

• Upvote 1

chicken and egg argument. do they need an rv to become stable or do they need to be stable to have an rv. i believe, also, they need to be stable for quite a while before an rv. so 2013 seems reasonable.

Since I can't give you a -1 let me leave you a comment I don't know why some of you think Iraq needs to be this perfect suburbian state to rv... That is just ridiculous when they are released from ch7 they only need to be able to govern themselves is what matters... That doesn't have to be years away

• Upvote 1

Thats where people go wrong, If they dont see it on the NEWS, it must not be happening........PPL, the news breaking these past cpl week's is the best yet, I dont expect CNN/FOX to cover it until the RV!!!!....Im excited yet staying grounded, Its out of our hands, but Im still a beliver! ! :eek:

• Upvote 2

Geezus Christmas! Some of you all are just plain.... IGNORANT! Giving a person negs for stating his opinion instead of engaging him/her in an intelligent debate! We all know where the "warm and fuzzy, feel good sites" are, so take off to one of those if you don't dig an opinion that doesn't embrace yours. I hope his/her opinion is incorrect, but watch how this is done instead of just throwing out a neg:

Why do you believe that 2013 is reasonable? I myself feel that it could happen at any moment. Maybe by years end in lieu of all the articles coming out in regards to the dropping three zeroes and the fact that there has been action on different currency websites, but in order to help maintain my sanity, I'm looking more towards mid 2012. I don't have a good reason for the 2012 prediction, again, it's just so not to set myself up for disappointment.

See there? Gimme all the negs you want. That will just solidify my point, or refer to my posts beginning and engage instead of pouting just because it's not a feel good reply. Chao.

When I give a beg its cause I disagree and don't want to waste time on a comment.

• Downvote 3

When I give a beg its cause I disagree and don't want to waste time on a comment.

Positives and negatives are for REPUTATION! Not for one's opinion. And you contradict yourself saying,"I give negs b/c I don't want to waste time on a comment". But, AHA! You did in fact leave a comment. So why penalize others for stating their opinion? Because you disagree? That is so, so, so narrow minded. C'mon folks, open your minds. It's a big world that takes all types of people, attitudes, and opinions. You don't have to like or agree with them, but they're not going anywhere. I'm not here to police the forums, but again, the positives and negatives are for reputation, not for stating what one may think will come of our beloved RV.

Edited by thatoneguy
  • Upvote 3

you must remember something DVs , the news is not in business to promote things to make life better--it is in business to promote doom and gloom and spoon feed that information to preserve their right to inform the general public on the bad things happening--just look at the difference of Fox from the rest of them --FOX is always taking flack and being investigated and then just dropped as they report the truth --no case there but the rest of the media is never taken to task---I guess a for sure no problem news story are little children who fall in wells, puppies in a sewer and whales and dolphins stranded on a beach

We never get the real picture from mainstream news media , they are puppets with somone pulling the strings right or wrong!

Capt Cliff

• Upvote 1

you must remember something DVs , the news is not in business to promote things to make life better--it is in business to promote doom and gloom and spoon feed that information to preserve their right to inform the general public on the bad things happening--just look at the difference of Fox from the rest of them --FOX is always taking flack and being investigated and then just dropped as they report the truth --no case there but the rest of the media is never taken to task---I guess a for sure no problem news story are little children who fall in wells, puppies in a sewer and whales and dolphins stranded on a beach

We never get the real picture from mainstream news media , they are puppets with somone pulling the strings right or wrong!

Capt Cliff

Right!

• Upvote 2

Positives and negatives are for REPUTATION! Not for one's opinion. And you contradict yourself saying,"I give negs b/c I don't want to waste time on a comment". But, AHA! You did in fact leave a comment. So why penalize others for stating their opinion? Because you disagree? That is so, so, so narrow minded. C'mon folks, open your minds. It's a big world that takes all types of people, attitudes, and opinions. You don't have to like or agree with them, but they're not going anywhere. I'm not here to police the forums, but again, the positives and negatives are for reputation, not for stating what one may think will come of our beloved RV.

I totally agree. It's an opinion, to which we are all entitled. No need to get offended.

Clark Howard is pretty sharp when it comes to ways to save money and domestic investments but when I talked to him and asked what he knew about the IQD or the Iraqi government he told me

"not very much".When these guys advise people to get rid of their IQD or tell them not to buy it,what are they going to do when the IQD revalues and the people they advised loose out on a huge windfall.I think they should be better educated before offering advise about something they really don't know anything about.

Semper Fi !!!

• Upvote 1

I was an avid options trader before the GFC. I was in it every day, 24/7. I listen to all, I read it all... I lived it.

Before the GFC, I saw signs of this massive fall. Like many ( well, relatively speaking) others. The media did not see it. The "gurus" and experts on tv and in the newspapers ( and I'm talking about the well-known analysts on Bloomberg tv and CNN and what have you) did NOT see this coming.

I took all my money out of shares and options and went cash. For two, three weeks. it went on and on, the media were talking as if the sky was the limit and then suddenly BANG!!!!

They didn't know what hit them...

And when I started buying ( with people like Lance Spicer in Australia and Warren Buffett in the US) the media was yelling doom and gloom.

In anything: be a contrarian. If the media say the economy is great, stock up on canned beans!

They.Do.Not.Have.A.Clue.

I agree like Clark Howard he has been known to wrong on several subjects , I like the man for what he does get correct, but speculating is not his foray.