Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraqi Air Force Commander: We Need Americans to Protect our Skies

tankdude

Iraqi Air Force commander Lt.-Gen. Anwar Hamad Amin has said that the force is still young and that it would take years of training and huge investments, which are currently unavailable, before it will be capable of defending Iraqi skies.

He said that while the decision on protecting the skies is political, from a technical viewpoint Iraq needs the Americans to help.

This statement contradicts an earlier statement by Iraqi Deputy Chief of Staff Gen. Nassif al-Ibadi that the protection of Iraqi skies will be entirely in the hands of Iraqis and that no Americans would be involved. Nassif said that a group of airmen are currently in the U.S. for training to operate the 18 F16 fighter jets that Iraq has purchased from the U.S.

Iraq would like to purchase as many as 96 F16s by 2020.

Source: Almadapaper.net, September 6, 2011

http://www.thememriblog.org/blog_personal/en/40537.htm

i think between this and adams email.............that this great...........i am a firm believer that the RV is the ransom for Chapter 7.......imo we will see rv before they are fully release from chapter 7...........right now we have them by the short hairs.........it is called leverage..........IRAQ you do this and we will do that..........would you trust them to go thru with the plan......if you lost your leverage.............nope not me.......jmo..........GO DINAR

• Upvote 1

I think the Iraqi Air Force Commander seems to have a clue. It will take years to fully train pilots to operate the F-16 aircraft in a combat situation. Just because there are some here in the US getting training doesn't mean that they will be ready to handle protecting their country against whomever. It will take some time for just the ground crews to learn the maintenance of the aircraft not to mention the avionics. Like it or not, we will have to support and train them for a few more years.

Stay grounded, calm and be happy

Go RV/RI B)

• Upvote 1