Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Routers Article re lift zeros by 2013

gotyourback

Nominal value = face value. This isn't really subject to debate, that's what nominal value means. They're taking three zeros off the face value of the currency.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/face+value

1. The value printed or written on the face, as of a bill or bond.

Taking three digits off the face (nominal) value of a currency does not mean exchange rate, and it does not mean RV. I think everyone can guess what it does mean.

If that's your newbie belief maybe you should sell quick and get out ! Do you actually think they are going to come right out and give the ultimate outcome? If this were true be ready for one hell of a civil war!

GO RV

Oh okie pokie <_< . If the article was posted on Reuters? it would definitely be searchable via google. Being a IT NERD for a living :o I found nada searching keywords..smoke and mirrors dinarvets.

by 2013? :angry: Why would they say that? No one is going to give us any valid information coming from the sandbox. Their government controls their media. Guru's intel is faulted. All I can say is I read their news like I'm the riddler. Sure the guru's make us excited but sad when nothing pulls through...so I read their stuff with a grain of salt. All I can do is hope this happens soon and it's good news instead of bad news...We all need patience with this RV and one day we will wake up in shock!

:lol:

Oh okie pokie <_< . If the article was posted on Reuters? it would definitely be searchable via google. Being a IT NERD for a living :o I found nada searching keywords..smoke and mirrors dinarvets.

by 2013? :angry: Why would they say that? No one is going to give us any valid information coming from the sandbox. Their government controls their media. Guru's intel is faulted. All I can say is I read their news like I'm the riddler. Sure the guru's make us excited but sad when nothing pulls through...so I read their stuff with a grain of salt. All I can do is hope this happens soon and it's good news instead of bad news...We all need patience with this RV and one day we will wake up in shock!

:lol:

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/09/07/iraq-inflation-idUKL5E7K726V20110907

• Upvote 1

That isn't the nominal value, that is the exchange rate. These are simply the definitions of words, there's no room for opinion.

While it is the exchange rate, it is also the nominal value. Not an opinion but simply the definition of the words.

Nominal Value

What Does It Mean?

What Does Nominal Value Mean?

The stated value of an issued security that remains fixed, as opposed to its market value, which fluctuates.

Investopedia Says

Investopedia explains Nominal Value

When referring to fixed-income securities, the nominal value is also the face value. When referring to capital goods, nominal value is also referred to as "book value".

Read more: http://www.investopedia.com/terms/n/nominalvalue.asp#ixzz1XIdD22Vz

Edited by speculatorsRIDE
  • Upvote 1

No beuno......not only are there articles from the CBI saying they want to RD but now from ruetuers (sp).......time to look into warka and look beyond the currency speculation cause that's not gonna get us anywhere from the looks of it....

Taking three zeros from face value is a lop.....just like turkey, brazil, mexico you name it....doesn't look good for us....still hoping it doesn't get passed....

• Upvote 1

I agree that it looks like a completion date more than a start date.

man i hope they started printing already! i thought they had... all the hype about the "Mafia" trying to counterfit it, and the CBI would say no way, cant counterfit this batch... (biatch) :)

I still see all the concern about counterfeiters as a good thing. What would be the point of counterfeiting a worthless currency?

• Upvote 1

While it is the exchange rate, it is also the nominal value. Not an opinion but simply the definition of the words.

Nominal Value

What Does It Mean?

The stated value of an issued security that remains fixed, as opposed to its market value, which fluctuates.

Investopedia Says

When referring to fixed-income securities, the nominal value is also the face value. When referring to capital goods, nominal value is also referred to as "book value".

I don't want to be mean...work has worn me out too much today for that...But Nominal Value IS the amount printed on the notes...your definition agrees with that

• Upvote 1

Nominal value = face value. This isn't really subject to debate, that's what nominal value means. They're taking three zeros off the face value of the currency.

http://www.thefreedi....com/face+value

1. The value printed or written on the face, as of a bill or bond.

Taking three digits off the face (nominal) value of a currency does not mean exchange rate, and it does not mean RV. I think everyone can guess what it does mean.

Well that means you are f

because no one in America will exchange a note for anything other than what is wrote on the face of the note............................... hahahahahahahahahaha

so you might as well sell it now

• Upvote 1

I still see all the concern about counterfeiters as a good thing. What would be the point of counterfeiting a worthless currency?

The US $5 bill was reprinted with more anti-counterfeiting features recently....and the 25,000 dinar note is worth 4x that much...the dinar is NOT Worthless....It just has too many Zero's to show its true worth

Edited by Ridewithme38

IMO the nominal value is currently $ .00086 of a U.S. dollar. If they lift the 3 zero's from the nominal value it would go to $ .86 !!!

this is nominal value .00086

and this is the exchange rate 1168/1

That isn't the nominal value, that is the exchange rate. These are simply the definitions of words, there's no room for opinion.

your wrong

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Anyone else starting to realize how many people don't understand the basics behind currency speculation? :blink: Even with the definiation of Nominal value in front of them, they don't get it

Nominal Value is FACE VALUE...its the numbers printed on the bill...this is a VERY basic thing guys, if you don't understand this....

Edited by Ridewithme38

Nominal Value

What Does It Mean?

Investopedia Says

Huh? Your definition says nominal value = face value. It does not mention exchange rate. Nominal value does not equal exchange rate. Period.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/nominal+value'>http://www.thefreedictionary.com/nominal+value

Synonyms = face value, par value.

http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/nominal-value.html

Alternative term for par value.

Par value: Also called face value, nominal value, or redemption value.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/nominal

Of, relating to, or being the amount or face value of a sum of money...and not the purchasing power or market value.

this is nominal value .00086

and this is the exchange rate 1168/1

No, those are both the exchange rate. One is expressed in dollars per dinar (.00086) and one is expressed in dinars per dollar (1168).

your wrong

No, I'm not, and I have proven it. BTW, it's you're, not your.

Forex dose not read 1150-1189 for exchange

we read .00086 is the peg to the dollar when you see movement in this # its because of the $ moving not the DINAR go back to school

That is what is referred to as nominal rate of exchange ................................

Currency speculators do not buy flat currency we buy of the peg or the float #'s all digital get a grip

dont blow smoke up these peoples ass ................................................

• Upvote 2

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/nominal

Of, relating to, or being the amount or face value of a sum of money...and not the purchasing power or market value.

Please read this, and actually think about it. Pay particular attention to the phrase NOT the purchasing power or market value. Nominal value = face value.

The two numbers you are quoting ARE THE SAME THING, they're both the exchange rate, just dinar per dollar vs. dollar per dinar.

Go to Oanda. Go to currency converter. Put in USD for the currency you have, and IQD for the currency you want. You get 1,153.34. Now reverse them and say you have 1 IQD and want USD. You get 0.0084.

Please stop spreading misinformation, it doesn't help anyone.

For engineering and other usages, see Real versus nominal value.In economics, nominal value refers to a value expressed in money terms (that is, in units of a currency) in a given year or series of years. By contrast, real value adjusts nominal value to remove effects of price changes over time. For example, changes in the nominal value of some commodity bundle over time can happen because of a change in the quantities in the bundle or their associated prices, whereas changes in real values reflect only changes in quantities.

Real values over time are a measure purchasing power net of any price changes over time. They are often used for restating nominal income to real income, thus adjusting that part of income changes that merely offsetinflation (a general increase in prices). Similarly, for aggregate measures of output, such as gross domestic product (GDP), the nominal amount reflects production quantities and prices in that year, whereas real amounts in different years reflect only changes in quantities. A series of real values over time, such as for real GDP, measures relative quantities over time expressed in prices of one year, called the base year (or more generally the base period).

In a related fashion, the real value of a commodity bundle in a given year may be derived from its nominal value by replacing then-current prices of commodities in the bundle with prices that prevailed in the base year. Real values in different years then express values of the bundles as if prices had been constant for all the years, with any differences due to differences in underlying quantities.

The nominal value of a commodity bundle in a given year may be expressed in prices and quantities, namely, as a sum of prices times quantities for the different commodities in the bundle. In turn nominal values are related to real values by the following arithmetic definition:

Now you can make as hard or as soft as you want but if you have a degree in economics you know what nominal value is .....................................................

It ant the 000 on the face of the bill that is jus pln stpido

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

the peg rate of the dinar is .00086 that is the market normal level it goes up in a year .it goes down in a year .But at the end of the year its still pegged to the dollar at .00086 .So that makes (.00086 )the nominal value .not the real value (25,000 )

Edited by randalln
  • Upvote 1

I think this is saying they want it done by 2013 meaning they would be on that single currency by thrn. Till then they would have the two existing currency and hopefully a 1:1 rate

I have the same interpretation also.

The CBI says 2 years to complete the phase out of the old currency, and this would agree with that timeline.

Well first off, reuters is respectable news; so I would take it for what it's worth.

But, I have also heard that the 2013 projected date, is a COMPLETION DATE, meaning that they want all the old notes and larger notes traded in and completely off the streets by that date; so as to only have the one new currency in ciruclation.

Thats what I hope anyway...

My concern is; if they have not even PRINTED the new currency yet.. (which some articles have indicated...)... that puts us quite a ways out!!

(unless thats smoke??)

UGH..

I agree but we did see an article not long ago saying that the 000s stuff will take 2-3 years to be complete, so 2-3 years before 2013 is NOW! :D

Market value and nominal value

A3.2 Market valuation is the key principle adopted by international statistical standards (2008 SNA 2.59 and BPM6 8.12) for valuing transactions and positions in debt securities. As described in paragraphs 5.19 and 5.20 of the Handbook, the market value is that at which debt securities are acquiredordisposedof,betweenwilling parties, on the basis of commercial considerations only, excluding commissions, fees and taxes. In determining market values, trading parties also take account of accrued interest.

A3.3 Nominal valuation of debt securities reflects the sum of funds originally advanced, plus any subsequent advances, less any repayments, plus any accrued interest.48,49 Nominal value is often

mistakenly considered to be the same as face value. The Handbook does not recommend the presentation of debt securities at face value, but rather the use of nominal and, in particular, market value.

A3.4 At any specific point in time, the market value of a debt security may deviate from its nominal value due to revaluations arising from market price changes. Movements in market prices arise from general market conditions, such as changes in the market rate of interest;50 specific circumstances, such as changes in the perceived creditworthiness of the issuer; and changes in general market liquidity and in that specific to the debt security.

Now frankV are there any other questions

Its a common mistake biggrin.gifemot-worship.gif

HANDBOOK ON SECURITIES STATISTICS

• Upvote 3

Can you tell me the Nominal Value and Real Value of a one dollar bill from the US?

43 cents nominal

real value 100 cents

when determining value always break down to the lowest unit of measure

this is a estaminet because the fiscal year is not over

also you need a base to gage it from im only gaging 1 year (and this is a bad one 2011)

Edited by randalln
  • Upvote 1