Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

A Pack of Wild Raccoons In Iowa

Cosmo

Eyewitness Report - Cedar Rapids, Iowa

After midnight, Sept. 6, 2011

I was driving late last night returning to my temporary home in Cedar Rapids and was in the hill country west of the city on U.S. 30 at a stretch of two lane only highway. Cruising along at 65 mph in my new Malibu, no other cars in sight for what must have been 50 miles. When I came up a hill my tired eyes saw something straight ahead moving rather slowly across the road. Not braking hard enough, I looked harder as I said to myself "Holy crap, raccoons!!!" :o I swerved slightly left to miss the leading pair, then just eked the car through the line of 'coons missing what appeared to be another dozen or so!!

After the incident, I thanked God for not bringing harm to any of them and wondered now that's something I would never believe if somebody told me. A pack of raccoons.

True story

Cosmo in Iowa

:unsure:

Eyewitness Report - Cedar Rapids, Iowa

After midnight, Sept. 6, 2011

I was driving late last night returning to my temporary home in Cedar Rapids and was in the hill country west of the city on U.S. 30 at a stretch of two lane only highway. Cruising along at 65 mph in my new Malibu, no other cars in sight for what must have been 50 miles. When I came up a hill my tired eyes saw something straight ahead moving rather slowly across the road. Not braking hard enough, I looked harder as I said to myself "Holy crap, raccoons!!!" :o I swerved slightly left to miss the leading pair, then just eked the car through the line of 'coons missing what appeared to be another dozen or so!!

After the incident, I thanked God for not bringing harm to any of them and wondered now that's something I would never believe if somebody told me. A pack of raccoons.

True story

Cosmo in Iowa

:unsure:

ALL of our packs here in Minnesota ARE wild. Racoons in every other tree in my parts.... I've seen so many davey crockett hats I lost count.

Here I am either dodging racoons or Amish on the road. When will the madness end??? :o

:D

• Upvote 1

They pack up down hear in florida , They love camping sites ( state parks) got lock everthing up in the truck at night , they come around in packs of as many as 20 raiding anything they can ....like a bunch of little pirates.....even had one open the zipper and come in the tent after the bags of chips ... Holy Crap.. not where i wanted to be ..in a zipped up tent with a 20 lb racoon... luckly it grabbed a big bag of chips looked a me and drug it out the hole.....Thankyou Lord.... From then on its been RVing only no tent camping.... :lol:

• Upvote 1