Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Spend A Trillion Or More On A Jobs Program

krome2ez

By Josh Feldman, Mediaite

On Meet the Press today, Congresswoman Maxine Waters called for President Obama to take a more forceful approach to a jobs program, and likely made Republicans drop their jaws with the amount of money she argued the United States should invest in such a plan.

David Gregory asked Waters if it would be possible for the president to take on an ambitious role in working on job creation in Congress, given the recent partisan fights over the debt ceiling. Waters put the impetus on Obama to take the first step.

“The president must be bold. I agree that he must have a jobs program, he must create jobs. I’m talking about a jobs program of a trillion dollars or more. We’ve got to put Americans to work. That’s the only way to revitalize this economy. When people work, they earn money, they spend that money, and that’s what gets the economy up and going.”

http://nation.foxnews.com/maxine-waters/2011/09/04/rep-maxine-waters-we-need-spend-trillion-or-more-jobs-program?cmpid=NL_FiredUpFoxNation_20110905

I wonder how much that would cost per each job?

How do they justify this stupidity?

• Upvote 1

On Meet the Press today, Congresswoman Maxine Waters called for President Obama to take a more forceful approach to a jobs program, and likely made Republicans drop their jaws with the amount of money she argued the United States should invest in such a plan.

David Gregory asked Waters if it would be possible for the president to take on an ambitious role in working on job creation in Congress, given the recent partisan fights over the debt ceiling. Waters put the impetus on Obama to take the first step.

“The president must be bold. I agree that he must have a jobs program, he must create jobs. I’m talking about a jobs program of a trillion dollars or more. We’ve got to put Americans to work. That’s the only way to revitalize this economy. When people work, they earn money, they spend that money, and that’s what gets the economy up and going.”

http://nation.foxnew...Nation_20110905

UM, people have to be spending money. Duh, you can create all the jobs you want, but if people aren't buying what your selling ,your S.O.L. Lets create a thousand jobs

making Pet Rocks, Do the people of todays economy want to spend their money on that? No they don't, nor are we spending our money on much of anything else, Has she

even been watching the stock market?. Tell you what, let's create a thousand jobs for people to make snorkel's, all the underwater basket weavers will buy the heck out of those......................

• Upvote 1

http://nation.foxnews.com/maxine-waters/2011/09/04/rep-maxine-waters-we-need-spend-trillion-or-more-jobs-program?cmpid=NL_FiredUpFoxNation_20110905

I don't know but if they could have LOST 'the 9 Trillion that they can't account for' into jobs the economy would've have REALLY been stimulated.

OLD NEWS BUT STILL::: Do you know how much one trillion dollars is? It's over $3,000 for every man, woman, and child in the U.S. If you only count taxpayers, it's equivalent to $7,000 for every taxpayer. Yet Coleman acknowledges the Fed is not missing just $1 trillion, but many trillions of taxpayers' dollars. In the video clip she says she knows nothing about nine trillion dollars ($9,000,000,000,000) that is claimed to be unaccounted for. That's $63,000 for each taxpayer. It's also three times the amount of the entire annual federal budget of the United States missing in action! These numbers are simply staggering, yet they are getting amazingly little media coverage.

http://www.wanttoknow.info/banking_finance/elizabeth_coleman_fed_missing_trillions

• Upvote 1

It's the first time I've ventured into a conversation about something other than dinar on the forum, however, I'm compelled...beyond all measure. The people we elected - apparently in good times and bad - are failing in their elected duties. I want to believe that most are individually knowledgeable about fiscal responsibility; as a unit, all sense of logic is lost in numbers.....and I also believe each thinks that voters want to be coddled. Maybe that's true in some cases. I'd like for someone to state clearly that the Congress has over spent itself, and simply for the greater good, cease in that path. I'd like it to be stated that Congress will set the standard toward the path to recovery by cutting its budget - then I'd like the Congress to develop dialogue with the people who PAY the nation's bills. I'd like for Congress to LISTEN and to then ACT.

There's not one single small business person out there who could not contribute to the solution. And I'll guarantee that few would suggest fiat recovery, though I understand it. That's where Congress failed - they had no plan then, and they don't now. Take away their budget, and each will have to arrange how to keep their office staff paid, each will have to ensure their family's bills can be met. Each will have to call upon reserves........I'd imagine most on this forum know about pinching pennies - about reserves - about budgets. Our Congress should be reminded that no one is entitled.

• Upvote 2

It's the first time I've ventured into a conversation about something other than dinar on the forum, however, I'm compelled...beyond all measure.

- - -

Sorry, it's not the only off topic item I've responded to. This topic, though, about job creation through stimulus - fiat solution will not work. We're way past that expansionist answer, and in my opinion the only way to solve this is through stringent budgets and less taxation. I wish Congress would adopt the budget measures most every American must, if not routinely, then certainly of late.

It's the first time I've ventured into a conversation about something other than dinar on the forum, however, I'm compelled...beyond all measure.

- - -

Sorry, it's not the only off topic item I've responded to. This topic, though, about job creation through stimulus - fiat solution will not work. We're way past that expansionist answer, and in my opinion the only way to solve this is through stringent budgets and less taxation. I wish Congress would adopt the budget measures most every American must, if not routinely, then certainly of late.

Has this Lady ever learned the basic rule of economy? Supply= Demand?

Has this Lady ever learned the basic rule of economy? Supply= Demand?

She has never learned the basic rule of anything! I don't know how anyone could even vote for her. She talks out her a$$ and says things that are so off base with Normal American citizens! A CLASSIC LIBERAL!!!

• Upvote 2

She has never learned the basic rule of anything! I don't know how anyone could even vote for her. She talks out her a$$ and says things that are so off base with Normal American citizens! A CLASSIC LIBERAL!!!

I almost said she could go straight to where she wants the Tea Party to go...but I won't. That would put me on her level and I'm trying to stay above that! But with all the mindless statements she has made I can not imagine why anyone would want her representing them!

I almost said she could go straight to where she wants the Tea Party to go...but I won't. That would put me on her level and I'm trying to stay above that! But with all the mindless statements she has made I can not imagine why anyone would want her representing them!

Because those she represents are mindless too .................... jstongue.gif

• Upvote 1

I don't know but if they could have LOST 'the 9 Trillion that they can't account for' into jobs the economy would've have REALLY been stimulated.

OLD NEWS BUT STILL::: Do you know how much one trillion dollars is? It's over $3,000 for every man, woman, and child in the U.S. If you only count taxpayers, it's equivalent to $7,000 for every taxpayer. Yet Coleman acknowledges the Fed is not missing just $1 trillion, but many trillions of taxpayers' dollars. In the video clip she says she knows nothing about nine trillion dollars ($9,000,000,000,000) that is claimed to be unaccounted for. That's $63,000 for each taxpayer. It's also three times the amount of the entire annual federal budget of the United States missing in action! These numbers are simply staggering, yet they are getting amazingly little media coverage.

http://www.wanttoknow.info/banking_finance/elizabeth_coleman_fed_missing_trillions

Don't forget to add the $16+ Trillion secretly GIVEN AWAY to banks all over the world. That's $25 TRILLION that could have been put to better use supporting productive industry and agriculture right here in our own country. Oh...and what is our current deficit...??? Oh yeah......$14 Trillion. Hmmm..... Great leadership we've voted into office, huh?

Job creation MUST include larger tariffs on imports, less taxes on domestic "widget" making and "tomato" growing, as well as FAR less regulation (read govt interference) in small 'mom and pop' and private sector businesses. Small business used to account for over 80% of our GDP! Simply creating jobs out of thin air - or worse yet... govt jobs that don't create "widgets" is not sustainable, no matter how much money you throw at them. Jobs MUST create something to sell - with lowered taxes and less regulation. We must remove imbalanced trade agreements. We cannot continue to import 'stuff' at low or no cost that is not offset by equal or larger exports. Anything less than that is not sustainable and will fail.

:twocents:

Edited by BlueOrchid919