Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The sudden emergency meeting at the headquarters of the President of the United Nations Mission to help Iraq in the presence of most of the ambassador

BondLady

The sources indicated that "The meeting has not been announced earlier, where he held confidential under unprecedented security in which security agents and armored vehicles used in cases of extreme emergency."

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/82660-the-sudden-emergency-meeting-at-the-headquarters-of-the-president-of-the-united-nations-mission-to-help-iraq-in-the-presence-of-most-of-the-ambassador/#ixzz1XBSzgeGi

I for one love emergency meetings previously not announced and "under unprecedented security"! AND with "security agents and armored vehicles used in cases of EXTREME emergency"!

I could understand them announcing this meeting if there was suddenly a violent attack and they have to convene to respond...but what could possibly have come up that calls for this?

I don't think it is RV related but....perhaps it will have RV repercussions.

Maliki has threatened a Military Coup.

Apparently he felt his supreme power has been threatened.

This may or may not be the cause of this meeting.

I believe below is what the emergency meeting was really about, a bit like calling all the fighting school boys in to see the head master to calm things down, just my theory

Sadr calls for Iraqis to rise up against government

Published: Sept. 6, 2011 at 5:30 AM

BAGHDAD, Sept. 6 (UPI) -- Moqtada Sadr, the leader of Iraq's Sadrist movement, has urged the Iraqi "resistance" to respond to the U.S. military temporarily closing Baghdad's airspace.

On Aug. 30, U.S. forces temporarily closed Baghdad's airspace to civilian traffic for roughly an hour after U.S. forces in Iraq received a "credible" threat.

U.S. military spokesman Maj. Angela Funaro said, "We learned that there was a credible indirect fire threat earlier today (Tuesday), which resulted in an elevation in security level and additional security measures enacted, but the airport was not shut down," Al-Sharq al-Awsat newspaper reported Friday.

An Iraqi military officer, speaking on condition of anonymity, said "the region where the Baghdad International Airport is located is one area that many armed groups and organizations -- including the terrorist al-Qaida organization -- viewed as a base for the resistance (to launch their attacks from) in recent years," adding that "the call (by Sadr) to unleash the resistance may grant a number of these armed groups and organizations -- who have placed our forces and our airspace in danger and who have also suffered at the hands of our armed forces -- the pretext to begin operations targeting (Iraqi) citizens and institutions."

http://www.upi.com/T...39981315301400/

• Upvote 2

im still looking havent found any thing about a un meeting yet, only found this so far but its not about the meeting or it might be, just to early to tell yet, but im still looking....................Kurdish leader says Iraq needs U.S. beyond 2011

Posted 2011/09/06 at 12:28 pm EDT

ARBIL, Iraq, Sep. 6, 2011 (Reuters) — Iraq needs a U.S. military presence beyond this year and the withdrawal of American forces will increase the possibility of civil war, the president of Iraq's semi-autonomous Kurdish region said on Tuesday.

less than four months to go before a 2008 security pact between Washington and Baghdad expires, Iraq's government is having trouble deciding if it wants some U.S. troops to remain beyond a year-end deadline for their withdrawal.

Kurdish officials are widely known to want U.S. forces to stay, particularly as a buffer in the oil-rich city of Kirkuk and other disputed territories claimed by both the central government in Baghdad and the Kurdish government in Arbil.

But Kurdish president Masoud Barzani's comments in a speech to Kurdish diplomats in Arbil on Tuesday was one of the most forthright statements on the issue by any Iraqi leader to date.

"In our opinion the need for the U.S. forces in Iraq is still on ... the absence of U.S. forces in Iraq means the possibility of civil war will prevail," Barzani said.

More than eight years after the U.S.-led invasion that toppled Saddam Hussein, the United States still has about 43,000 troops and 43 bases in Iraq.

Any decision to extend their presence is risky. Many political groups are hesitant to take a clear position.

Anti-U.S. Shi'ite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr, a key member of Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki's coalition government who openly opposes any continued U.S. presence, has threatened to escalate protests and military resistance if American troops stay.

Maliki has said Iraq may need only trainers rather than troops, which would allow him to bypass parliament and sign deals between Washington and individual ministries.

"A U.S. presence in Iraq, under whatever title, is important for Iraq," Barzani said. "Iraqi security forces have not reached a level that can provide security inside Iraq. Neither can the Iraqi military forces protect Iraqi borders.

"(In) a country that has no qualified military to defend its soil, airspace and shores, its security forces cannot protect its citizens," he added.

U.S. forces officially halted combat operations on August 31, 2010 and took up an advisory role to the Iraqi police and army as they struggle to battle a still lethal Sunni insurgency and Shi'ite militias that carry out dozens of attacks every month.

Some Iraqi politicians and top military officials have said that Iraq's security forces cannot contain the threats alone.

Washington has repeatedly pressed Iraq to decide soon whether it wants any U.S. troops to stay.

Barzani criticized Iraqi politicians for what he called a double standard. He said they want U.S. forces to stay but refuse to say so publicly.

"All the political parties say one thing when they speak directly. But they say something else before cameras," he said.

(Reporting by Shamal Aqrawi; Writing by Waleed Ibrahim; Editing by Jim Loney and Paul Taylor)

http://www.newsdaily.com/stories/tre7854iz-us-iraq-politics-kurdish/

this might be a possibility just dunno yet, has any 1 here found any thing out yet? ..................................Tuesday 6 September 2011

Rapporteur of the Parliament holds the United Nations and American organizations responsible for the excesses of Kuwait to Iraq

BAGHDAD - babysit -

Download the decision of the House of Representatives Mohamed Khaldi the United Nations and international organizations and organizations of the United States responsible for the excesses of Kuwait as part of a long-term agreement to keep the borders of Iraq.

The Khalidi told the News Agency of public opinion (and babysit) on Tuesday: "The United Nations and American organizations responsible for abuses and violations of Kuwait, whether to the territory of Iraq or the suffering of the fishermen." Indicating "that these organizations were responsible for the signing of the long- term to maintain the external borders of Iraq. "

For his part, criticized the National Alliance Amar Shibli violations Kuwait to Iraq.

And Shibli said in a statement (and babysit): "Kuwait is violating the walls of Iraq, especially towards the Iraqi fishermen who work within the geographical area of ​​Iraq."

For his part, attributed the Liberal MP for the mass excesses Uday Awad Kuwait to Iraq to free the Ministry of Defence and Minister of runs.

He said in a press statement that "the abuses practiced by the State of Kuwait for Iraq comes due to the absence and the Iraqi Ministry of Defense of the Minister of run, this is what calls for Kuwait to encroachment on the sovereignty of Iraq, because of this ministry of great importance and a sign of prestige and protection of State security and the military."

He said Awad said "the arrest of Iraqi fishermen by the Kuwaiti Coast Guard within the territorial waters of Iraq, is evidence of Kuwait over Iraq and targeted political and security, Kuwait take Bmdiat escalation repeatedly in the region through the repetition of this and the targeting of civilians who want to get their daily through fishing is not. "

http://alrayy.com/30423.htm

• Upvote 1

Sadr = Fire Ant

Iraq's Sadr gives govt 'last chance' for reform

06 September, 2011

NAJAF: Radical anti-US Shia cleric Moqtada al-Sadr said on Monday he is giving the Iraqi government a "last chance" to implement reforms, or popular demonstrations would be called.

"This is the last chance before setting a date for open, peaceful, popular, demonstrations," Sadr said in a statement released by his office in the holy city of Najaf, without specifying how much time he was giving the government.

Sadr called on the government to give all Iraqis a share of the country's oil wealth, create jobs for 50,000 unemployed people nationwide, and provide free fuel for private generators, until Iraq's destitute electricity sector is improved.

"If these demands are achieved without delay the open demonstration will be postponed indefinitely," Sadr said.

The cleric in February gave the government six months to improve services, threatening to call protests otherwise. Sadr's bloc holds six cabinet posts and has 40 seats in parliament.

End.

http://paktribune.com/news/Iraqs-Sadr-gives-govt-last-chance-for-reform-243357.html

it makes me wonder if we will ever see this go down.....i do believe maliki is so against this happening and keeping the iraqis poor....i will prob poop my pants if it does ever happen :D

This is all good news coming out whether-HCL, GOI, CBI, CHP7- all good*** remember when we start to think the bad or think they moving backwards it's because we lose site of what this is all about ...an investment...This is a country that is rebuilding, from people, to city, GOI, laws, education, farming, I could go on...they are ancient in their environment. So, you see it's improving not the way we want but the direction in their capability. Remember this they have counties around the world helping them to succeed-how could they fail. Got to look at the whole picture not at how one is feeling it is doing but how enormously they have progressed as a COUNTRY. Keep the faith they are moving along. This is great and I do believe RV is near..too many great articles to prove it. I pray you take a breathe of fresh air and look at their accomplishments. :)

• Upvote 1

Its PROBABLY NOT about the rv/rd of the Dinar..it might be about the disagreement on the hcl law....they very could need some assistance on getting it together...The Kurds have been the most acommodating persons in Iraq, and feel the UN could step in and advise....Maybe M was voted a no confidence!!!!

I would add that the Kurds are not only accomodating, but they are reasonable. They aren't Arabs. This is a ludicrious statement (at this time) but I don't know why the Kurds just don't become their own country. With their oil wealth, they can afford a military and infrastructure. I feel like they are becoming another Israel, which is a good thing. If Iran was under control, I could see them becoming autonomous.

GBA Urges UN to save Ashraf Camp Refugees in Iraq

On September 6, 2011, in News, by Rani ....Share

GBA Urges UN to save Ashraf Camp Refugees in Iraq

New Delhi, India: September 6, 2011 – IR Summary/ Ashraf Camp: God Believers Association (GBA) has urged Ad Melkert, UN Secretary General Special Rep., UNAMI, Baghdad, Iraq to save the lives of those innocent people of Ashraf Camp, who are at the mercy of Iraqi Govt. who in turn want them to die, by denying them medicine and fuel for travel. There is no water and no electricity and no basic right nor permitted to live in their country, how unfortunate!

Dr. Raj Baldev, Cosmo Theorist and Lead Man of GBA humbly questions: “Is it not a fit case of saving innocent lives who are looking at the United Nations to save their souls? They are suffering for no fault of theirs except that they are innocnet and absolutely helpless.

Dr. Raj Baldev, Cosmo Theorist, who is also the Lead Man of God Believers Association (GBA) and who is also the founder of Universal Religion “FAITH”, has sent an e mail to Ad Melkert, UN Sec. Gen. Sep Rep, UNAMI, Baghdad, Iraq to value the lives of innocent people of Ashraf Camp in Baghdad.

The GBA has also sent the similar appeal to Ambassador James Jeffrey, US Embassy in Iraq, Baghdad, Gen. Lloyd Austin, Commander of US Forces-Iraq, Baghdad, Ms. Navanethem Pillay,High Commissioner for Human Rights,United Nations,Geneva, Switzerland & Hon. Jana Hybaskova, Delegation of the European Union to Iraq, EU Head of Delegation in Iraq, to see the plight of the innocent people of Ashraf Camp and save their lives which are worse than the death.

God Believers Association (GBA), is committed to safeguard the human rights of the people and to get justice to the deserving seekers apart from World Peace and Fighting Global Climatic Disorders, sent the following appeal:

I, the undersigned, Dr. Raj Baldev, Cosmo Theorist and President of God Believers Association (GBA), an NGO which safeguards the human rights of the people and is committed to get justice apart from other global social issues of World Peace and Environment Protection among others, would like to draw your kind attention to a critical and alarming issue of the residents of Ashraf, how they are terribly suffering at the hands of the Iraqi Govt.

The Iraqi Govt., in fact, looks to have no human consideration for anyone for their basic living rights. They are treating these people as dead animals, who are presumably waiting for their skins to be extracted, and the forces of the Iraqi Govt. are directed to cause as much as atrocities which they could possibly do.

These innocent and helpless people are not only denied the basic needs of life at the behest of the Iraqi Govt. but also constantly made victims of every possible act of cruelty. The soldiers who inflict more injuries to them are heavily rewarded.

In this era when the United Nations hold a great responsibility to safeguard the human rights of the people and the countries are bound to abide by the directions of the UN, it is really shocking that the Iraqi Govt. is not moved at all, they are continuously inflicting all sorts of atrocities on the innocent and helpless residents of Ashraf.

These helpless people including women and children and the elders have been suffering at their hands due to sub standard political reasons for quite a considerable time with which the United Nations are well aware but it also looks to be either less active or less interested.

Read more at http://www.internati...es-in-iraq.html

http://campashraf.or...fugees-in-iraq/

Edited by Bumper64
I took out the double post!

Maliki has threatened a Military Coup.

Apparently he felt his supreme power has been threatened.

This may or may not be the cause of this meeting.

Well, that is quite a bomb (no pun intented) to drop on us. Military coup? I am not surprised. You can tell he is nervous. He is loosing control.

Dalite, can you share any additional information on the coup? This is juicy news. I hope Maliki is slammed.

It's about time they put some pressure on the Iraqi Govt. to help their people!

BL, I took out the double posting!! I hope you don't mind!

hi bumper and its very nice to see u again, and ty so much for doin that i dunno why it did it twice lol, and ty...so do u think this was the meeting? i understand why it would be secret if it was the un wanted to catch them dirty here an im sure they have as iraq hates them and whats bad is these are iranians exiled from iran for helping iraq, in the iran iraq war, and now they wanna treat them so bad, also iraq denied a bunch of politicians from visiting there camp when they tried to also so this was prolly it but im not sure...ty BL

• Upvote 3

BL,

I have been away most of the afternoon so I can't make a comment on if I think that this was what the meeting was about or not! I am doing some catching up at this point! wink.gif

If it wasn't addressed in the meeting it should have been as these people need to learn how to respect human life!!

BLW: Thanks for the posting you have and are doing here at DV!

We are glad to have you here! tip_hat.gif

• Upvote 1

BL,

I have been away most of the afternoon so I can't make a comment on if I think that this was what the meeting was about or not! I am doing some catching up at this point! wink.gif

If it wasn't addressed in the meeting it should have been as these people need to learn how to respect human life!!

BLW: Thanks for the posting you have and are doing here at DV!

We are glad to have you here! tip_hat.gif

its my pleasure and i ty also, im just wondering if i should keep looking or not lol, altho i do feel this was prolly what it was about and maybe it wasnt all of what it was maybe partial though but i really dont know...BL

I was in the meeting. However, I had to use my fly disguise and the spiders came and got me. Wish I was big like Jeff Goldblum. I did hear one thing before I had to fly. Iraq is going to R................ Actually, it sounded like Rby's. Iraq is going to open an Arbys. Gosh, if I could have literally hung around a little longer, especially since they were bringing in lunch.

• Upvote 2