Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

IMF

OKLAHOMA

General Data Dissemination System

AS PROVIDED BY IRAQ AS A PARTICIPANT IN THE GDDS

Iraq

Exchange Rates

Date Updated:

Contact Person(s)

Jinan AL Beiruti

Assistant Director General and Head of Monetary and Financial Statistics Division

Monetary and Financial Statistics Division

Statistics and Research Department

Central Bank of Iraq

Baghdad-Rasheed Street

Baghdad, Iraq 64

Phone: (964) (790122) 9049

Email: jinan.albeiruti@cbiraq.org

Collapsed DQAF View

Cross-country comparisons: access the DSBB metadata query facility

0. Prerequisites

1. Integrity

2. Methodology

2.1 Concepts and definitions 2.1.1 Concepts and definitions

Beginning in October 2003, a managed exchange rate system was introduced. The exchange rate for the Iraqi dinar against the US dollar is determined daily in Central Bank of Iraq auctions.

2.2 Scope 2.2.1 Scope

Scope of the data

The exchange rates against the other major foreign currencies are based on international market cross-rates.

2.3 Classification/sectorization 2.3.1 Classification/sectorization

The daily exchange rate are determined through the daily auctions held for the banks.

3. Accuracy and reliability

3.1 Source data 3.1.1 Source data collection programs

The CBI is authorized to collect data from banks and any financial institution necessary for compilation of statistics. No specific regulations cover the release of individual data. In practice, only aggregate data on the entire banking sector are disseminated.

4. Serviceability

4.1 Periodicity and timeliness 4.1.1 Periodicity

Exchange rates are disseminated daily on the web site by CBI.

4.1.2 Timeliness

Same day.

4.2 Consistency 4.2.1 Internal consistency

The data are widely distributed on Reuters, newspapers, web site and CBI bulletins (Daily, monthly and Annual).

4.3 Revision 4.3.1 Revision schedule

Continuous review and control of data are undertaken prior to their official release.

5. Accessibility

5.1 Data 5.1.1 Statistical presentation

Data are disseminated by CBI on a daily basis for the Iraqi Dinars (ID) against the American dollar (US$) and other major currencies.

5.1.2 Dissemination media and format

Hard copy - New release

Hard copy - Weekly bulletin

Hard copy - Monthly Bulletin

Hard copy - Quarterly bulletin

Hard copy - Other

“Annual Statistical Bulletin”, Central Bank of Iraq (English & Arabic)

Local newspapers

Electronic - On-line bulletin or data

Electronic - On-line bulletin or data

Electronic – On line Key Financial Indicators

http://www.cbi.iq

Electronic - Other

5.2 Metadata 5.2.1 Dissemination of documentation on concepts, scope, classifications, basis of recording, data sources, and statistical techniques

There is no methodological statement that describes how the data are compiled and the basic sources of data.

9. Plans

9.1 Recent Plans for improvement - Recent improvements

http://dsbb.imf.org/Pages/GDDS/DQAFViewPage.aspx?ctycode=IRQ&catcode=ESPT0&Type=DC

Notes:

Last posted: Date IMF staff last posted an update to these metadata on the DSBB.

Last certified: Date subscriber last officially certified the accuracy of these metadata.

Last updated: Date subscriber last submitted an update of these metadata to the IMF.

Oh no, this can't be good. Oklahoma you should've deleted that info. For all our sake. :(

Yea I can see it now..

Caller: "Hi I'm inquiring about the RV"

IMF person: "Haven't you heard? It's pinging, bank screens are green, Obama signed off, Shabs has a brand new shiny Easy Button and he will be pushing it tomorrow!"

• Upvote 2

guys...don't go calling about the RV, just be patient....you're not going to get any information AT ALL......it doesn't even make sense for someone HIGH UP to give any random caller info on ANY country re-evaluating situation....come on guys.....seriously :mellow:

I second that.

PS tried to vote +1 AquaDude but did my own. Some one minus me.

Edited by uncirculd
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I put the number on 'speed dial'. Plus I am using an app I found for my Droid that lets me program a text to be sent at any interval I want for as long as I want.

I'm going to use 'text to voice' and ask this guy every day at close of business if he would call or text me with an update on the RV.

Sound Good?

Said with as sarcastic as a voice as I can muster.

Oh yeah, when he calls me back (I'm pretty sure he will, because I'm an American) I'll post what he says for everyone here.