Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Expert for the citizen: the Iraqi dinar will recover after the lifting of the zeroes and reduce the price of the dollar

.netnodoubt

This article specifically states that FIRST they will revalue and SECOND restructure the currency, thats what I read anyways and I thought this is exactly what we've been waiting for.

that he is supposed to drop the price to equal the dollar more than the Iraqi dinar after deleting three zeros from the currency

that he is supposed to drop the price to equal the dollar more than the Iraqi dinar after deleting three zeros from the currency and thus we have achieved two goals of this procedure, first raise the value of the dinar against the dollar and the second is the restructuring of the Iraqi currency

You left out a very important part Mrfnmiserable

Edited by JWJW11

that he is supposed to drop the price to equal the dollar more than the Iraqi dinar after deleting three zeros from the currency and thus we have achieved two goals of this procedure, first raise the value of the dinar against the dollar and the second is the restructuring of the Iraqi currency

You left out a very important part Mrfnmiserable

Show me, that's a direct copy and paste from the article.

You should be as miserable as I am. ;)

Show me, that's a direct copy and paste from the article.

You should be as miserable as I am. ;)

Show you what? You left out the most important part! Do you actually read the articles? If you do you missed that last part! Go back and read it again! You cant be serious! Its the end of the sentence that you posted! Lol

Nah I learned along time ago being miserable and having self pitty patrties as you lopsters do doesnt work for me! Read the whole article not just what you want yo read!

sorry but you didnt quoate the whole articles it clearly stated the order they wanted to apply this proces with 1st raise the value then restructure AKA R/D sorry you fail.

HAHA Mr. fnhappy you got censored and you deserved that for sure trying to twist this into an RD article. Not gonna happen.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

sorry but you didnt quoate the whole articles it clearly stated the order they wanted to apply this proces with 1st raise the value then restructure AKA R/D sorry you fail. Get off here lopster.

This guy cant be serious! Wow! This is one of the most outspoken lopsters around yet he doesnt even read the whole article!

I am giving you an F-

Frankie, +1 for you.

Where did you learn out to think like that? You could establish a school. There lots of prospective students, here.

And you were RIGHT. I was just responding in line with the first message which provided an article about the warned about RD. And any messages in this thread which do NOT pertain to the subject of an RD are out of line. And criticizing anyone who talks about an RD in this thread is WHOLLY out of line. Completely off base. Idiot City.

why would i get mad at the original poster it clearly states what order they wanted to go in first raise the value then restructure AKA delete three zeroes AKA R/D what am i missing here?

This guy cant be serious! Wow! This is one of the most outspoken lopsters around yet he doesnt even read the whole article!

I am giving you an F-

blink.gif

I have no interest in raining on anyone's parade but want to point out a couple of things. Please know, I do NOT want them to RD and I do NOT think the GOI will vote on it in the end. But who knows. I think we will make way more money with them not RDing and going up.

Ok... First Dr. Peace Sumaism is a woman and an Iraqi economist, and probably the smartest one there with exception to Shabs himself.

2nd... I believe she is referring in this article to dropping 3 zeros off the currency and exchange rate which is an RD of .85 cents. Does us no good. However, the re-evaluation shes mentions is talking about a smaller RV from .85 to $1. Basically a 15% increase to us. Not what any of us were hoping for, but to the Iraqi's that is about a 15% raise if you think about it. At least in the form of purchasing power.

The silver lining is that they are talking about foreign currency deposits in this. The more foreign currency you bring into your country from international business and investment the more your exchange rate will rise in time.

• Upvote 2

I have no interest in raining on anyone's parade but want to point out a couple of things. Please know, I do NOT want them to RD and I do NOT think the GOI will vote on it in the end. But who knows. I think we will make way more money with them not RDing and going up.

Ok... First Dr. Peace Sumaism is a woman and an Iraqi economist, and probably the smartest one there with exception to Shabs himself.

2nd... I believe she is referring in this article to dropping 3 zeros off the currency and exchange rate which is an RD of .85 cents. Does us no good. However, the re-evaluation shes mentions is talking about a smaller RV from .85 to $1. Basically a 15% increase to us. Not what any of us were hoping for, but to the Iraqi's that is about a 15% raise if you think about it. At least in the form of purchasing power.

The silver lining is that they are talking about foreign currency deposits in this. The more foreign currency you bring into your country from international business and investment the more your exchange rate will rise in time.

Hey Drox! Explain this to me please....

OKAY. Here you go.

"Font Restrictions:

• Do NOT use excessively large font sizes, as it is considered to be "shouting" and will be edited back down to the default size by the moderators"

Read more: http://dinarvets.com.../#ixzz1X1NWCV5d

I think YOU owe me something now, hmm?

estewart: I have noticed lately that you seem to enjoy stirring the pot, why? also, condescending and rude remarks are really not necessary here. I don't think he owes you anything, he said "I don't recall seeing you titled as a mod, if 6 point is not allowed, I will apologize to them........fact is, it's YOUR opinion, I've read enough over the years to understand what this is saying, and this as well as dozens more say we will make a profit on our investment!"

He has already apologized to the mod who brought this to his attention. If I recall correctly it was "Markinsa." We can all debate topics here but I always enjoy reading them without the rude remarks, it is a little elementary to be honest.

• Upvote 2

Show you what? You left out the most important part! Do you actually read the articles? If you do you missed that last part! Go back and read it again! You cant be serious! Its the end of the sentence that you posted! Lol

Nah I learned along time ago being miserable and having self pitty patrties as you lopsters do doesnt work for me! Read the whole article not just what you want yo read!

Don't worry, I read entire articles.

What you are all excited about comes after the fact, after the zeros are removed, the result will be an increase in value and a restructuring of the currency denominations.

drox, on 04 September 2011 - 04:20 PM, said:

Good post, TY.

WHY don't you come and advise me with every aspect of my life? Clearly, I need it.

Oh, just to confuse you even more than you innately are. I am a VIP member, here, are you?

May I be excused, Captain?

VIP...dang I knew there was somethin special about you slobbering like a sheepdog on novocain!

I wanted to edit my last post to add this, but the phone rang.

I guess the sarcasm was lost, but FYI, I'm not miserable, and I have no self pity. I'm quite successful in life, and while a RV would be wonderful, I don't need it to be secure in my retirement. I sincerely hope you are in the same position, and aren't counting on this.

I hold no malice here, even though it appears you might.....

WHAT??? Really??? OMG I dont even understand how you could respond with such nonsense! Serously???

It states in the part you left off.......the order of the steps the ntend to follow! WOW!!!

I am defintely not worried! You are the one whos worried but no big deal to me.

See I have several people that I follow on this site that seem to be pretty darn educated on ths whole thing whether they are loppers or not as I continue to look at both sides. BUT then I come to my own conclusion. You happen to be one of the people I follow......UNTIL NOW! Thats all.............good luck to you......I now know you have no clue! :D

Don't worry, I read entire articles.

What you are all excited about comes after the fact, after the zeros are removed, the result will be an increase in value and a restructuring of the currency denominations.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hey Drox! Explain this to me please....

Thanks JW...

This is only an opinion and the opposite of what I want. Everyone has different takes and that is great. I hope yours is the right one... trust me.

My take on what you isolated is this. To drop the price (means to re-denominate to equal closer to the value of the dollar now). So 1000 Dinar would become 1 Dinar equal .85 cents USD. Then it would RV up to $1usd which is a 15% increase roughly.

To first raise the value of the dinar against the dollar means raising the purchasing power of 1 solitary Dinar which currently is worth .00085 up to .85. So 1 Dinar will have more power after an RD because right now it takes 1000 Dinar to equal that same value. Wouldn't you agree that they can buy more with that new 1 Dinar than they could with 1 Dinar right now? It is confusing I know. WE all think when they say "purchasing power" that it means the exchange rate is going up so we can buy more goods. When they talk purchasing power in these articles they are meaning the value of 1 Dinar is stronger than it was before when it took 1000 Dinar to buy the same good. The are comparing relative strength of 1 Dinar before and after an RD.

The restructuring of the Iraqi currency means new denominations comparable to the ones we have in the US right now. Basically lower denominations. This is why I want GOI to turn down an RD, continue to use the existing currency, and then just RV it to say a penny and then let the international market take it higher.

I wanted to edit my last post to add this, but the phone rang.

I guess the sarcasm was lost, but FYI, I'm not miserable, and I have no self pity. I'm quite successful in life, and while a RV would be wonderful, I don't need it to be secure in my retirement. I sincerely hope you are in the same position, and aren't counting on this.

I hold no malice here, even though it appears you might.....

No malace here! I to am in a terrific position in my life and very fortunate. However we bust our buts for that and yes the RV would be a blessing but not necessary. I just want to be one of those rich guys that everyone asks how on earth did he become that wealthy. As I am a florida cracker who has worked his butt off for everything I have and would truly love to help some of those in my liife that are very much in need of assistance. It would be awesome! Helping others out would be the best thing could bring right now in these hard times!

My wife and I talk about going up to strangers at a childrens hospital and helping several familys who could definitely use a relief from the tragic lives that people with sick children live daily. I have 3 kids and it must be horrible!

Anyways bottomline is you actually do seem like a smart guy and just wish some of you would look at the big picture! :D

• Upvote 1

Thanks JW...

This is only an opinion and the opposite of what I want. Everyone has different takes and that is great. I hope yours is the right one... trust me.

My take on what you isolated is this. To drop the price (means to re-denominate to equal closer to the value of the dollar now). So 1000 Dinar would become 1 Dinar equal .85 cents USD. Then it would RV up to $1usd which is a 15% increase roughly.

To first raise the value of the dinar against the dollar means raising the purchasing power of 1 solitary Dinar which currently is worth .00085 up to .85. So 1 Dinar will have more power after an RD because right now it takes 1000 Dinar to equal that same value. Wouldn't you agree that they can buy more with that new 1 Dinar than they could with 1 Dinar right now? It is confusing I know. WE all think when they say "purchasing power" that it means the exchange rate is going up so we can buy more goods. When they talk purchasing power in these articles they are meaning the value of 1 Dinar is stronger than it was before when it took 1000 Dinar to buy the same good. The are comparing relative strength of 1 Dinar before and after an RD.

The restructuring of the Iraqi currency means new denominations comparable to the ones we have in the US right now. Basically lower denominations. This is why I want GOI to turn down an RD, continue to use the existing currency, and then just RV it to say a penny and then let the international market take it higher.

Thanks for your response DROX.............not sure we will ever agree on our interpretations of whats being said but I have learned to take your opinion into consideration. So I will do so. However the part that I was actually referring to is the statement of the chronological order in whch they decribe the procedure. I mean it states first RV then second RD.

See I can understand the lopper point of view but in the end t just doesnt add up to me. They continue to release theses articles relating to the currency..........would seem like if they intended to LOP they would need such a strong campaign to the education of the citizens. If its a neutral event then it doesnt seem it would be necessary.

Also as of late the the CBI continues to express in a positive manor that their reserves are growing and that the intend to be the economic super power of the ME. They cant do this with a neutral event. IMO

I understand the numbers you al reference and the considerations everyone expresses on this site and I have seen you defintely would love to see an RV just as much as anyone. Just look at the big picture DROX its all adding up to be much bigger than some half a$$ neutral event. Doesnt make sense. Just dont think any of us will ever know for sure until it happens. But there are 2 sides to this I just cant see the outcome to this whole thing being an RD before an RV.

I understand just as most do that at some point the RD will take place as it would be insane to carry around such large denoms after an RV.

Again thanks DROX..........and as you know me...............GO RV!!! :D

• Upvote 1

"""What you are all excited about comes after the fact, after the zeros are removed, the result will be an increase in value and a restructuring of the currency denominations."""

help me out here, I will be the first to admit I am baffled by all this...

if they remove the zeros, what becomes of all the pretty 25,000 dinar notes I have stashed away? is there a window to trade them in for other bills, or what?

"""What you are all excited about comes after the fact, after the zeros are removed, the result will be an increase in value and a restructuring of the currency denominations."""

help me out here, I will be the first to admit I am baffled by all this...

if they remove the zeros, what becomes of all the pretty 25,000 dinar notes I have stashed away? is there a window to trade them in for other bills, or what?

OH man....you just need to spend sometime reading over the entire site for a question like that to be answered!

And btw..................welcome to heaven on earth! :D

OH man....you just need to spend sometime reading over the entire site for a question like that to be answered!

And btw..................welcome to heaven on earth! :D

I HAVE been lurking here for quite some time....

How about a simple answer, from your perspective, I would appreciate that a lot more, thanks!

if the three zeros are removed, making 1000 dinars worth 1 dinar, this just means to me my notes are worth 25 dinar, but will there be a requirement to change the bills, and a time limit by when they will be tradeable?

Edited by gavindickinson

Please Explain to me what this means? I am being sincere.Thank you in advance....Chevysmemaw

Expert for the citizen: the Iraqi dinar will recover after the lifting of the zeroes and reduce the price of the dollar

.03-09-2011 08:18 مساء On: Saturday 03/09/2011 20:18

.Central Bank: The rise of foreign currency reserves to 58 billion dollars

.BAGHDAD - Mostafa Hashemi

.). Confirmed the economic expert Dr. Sumaisem peace that there is an intention to change the exchange rate for the Iraqi dinar against the dollar through the adoption of the Central Bank policy of reducing the dollar value of cash against the dinar to the extent that it is now (1200 dinars per $ 1). .the committee said that Iraq's parliamentary Ghaderaly improve the status of the dinar and adopt it as part of international reserves, as Iraq has more than (80 to 90) billion dollars in central bank reserves and this is positive for the benefit of the Iraqi dinar.

.. She's Sumaisem (citizen) that he is supposed to drop the price to equal the dollar more than the Iraqi dinar after deleting three zeros from the currency and thus we have achieved two goals of this procedure, first raise the value of the dinar against the dollar and the second is the restructuring of the Iraqi currency. .. Confirmed that the current exchange rate flexibility has to do with the market and the volume of loans and the volume of foreign remittances and bills of exchange rate discount in addition to the political orientation of the state .

.. And the effect on inflation this measure Sumaisem explained that this measure has to do with the reduction of inflation in Iraq, that if the improvement rate of the dinar and raised the zeros from the currency will be easy to absorb the inflation part of the restructuring of the economy as a whole in addition to the re-evaluation of the Iraqi dinar. ..”. A member of the Committee of Economy and Investment parliamentary Abdul Hussein Abtan "It is certain that Iraq is able to adopt the dinar as part of international reserves, especially that he has a big supplier in the field of oil and more than (80 to 90) billion in Central Bank reserves and this affects positively on the Iraqi currency against the dollar and makes the dinar as its currency position as was previously the global currency. "

.. Alabtan called the Central Bank to improve the status of the dinar against the dollar, and (1200) dinars to the dollar is not the right thing.

من.ي. For his part, said the central bank increase its reserves of hard currency to the $ 58 billion, attributing the increased demand for foreign currencies by the Iraqi banks and the lack of offers to rent the economy of Iraq.

.”. The adviser said the Bank of the appearance of Mohammed Saleh for "Alsumaria News", the central bank's reserves of foreign currency amounted to $ 58 billion after the $ 50 billion at the end of last year, 2010, "noting that" the Bank was able during the last period of trade finance to the private sector and maintain market stability and curb high inflation that existed during the periods of years. " .”. Saleh pointed out that "increased demand for foreign currencies by the Iraqi banks and the lack of offers for foreign currency in daily auction conducted by the Iraqi Central Bank of Iraq's economy back rent, which depends on oil imports in the general budget." .”. Saleh said that "the State offers foreign currency to the Central Bank of Iraq to finance its expenditures in Iraqi dinars to the Central Bank, in turn, to meet the market need of foreign currency," noting that "the State is that supply of foreign currency, while the market is a student of foreign currency to cover the financing of foreign trade." .. Saleh pointed out that "Iraq does not receive external financial flows due to not send the Iraqi workers overseas savings of Finance to the country, in addition to the lack of investment companies large foreign workforce in Iraq." And said the central bank adviser earlier that the Iraqi dinar is not currency international reserve until it is handled in the outside, adding cash as a policy we aspire to be part of the Iraqi dinar and the precautions that needs to be a long time. .. The appearance of Mohammed Saleh said that the Iraqi dinar is the local currency convertible to other currencies, that is unlikely to deal in Iraqi dinars externally at present evidence is that the instructions do not allow the central bank to bring the Iraqi dinar, but the limits of (200) thousand dinars for the traveler. وك. البنك .ذلك. The central bank stressed the value of the dinar is not affected by high inflation rates in the country, denying the existence of any economic risks for the country as a result. .. The World Bank called Bank of Iraq and the Finance Ministry to take action to prevent increasing the persistence of high monthly inflation.

.راقي”. Saleh said that "fears of international financial institutions of high rates of inflation, monthly and annual amounts where it is under the control of the Central Bank of Iraq and there is no threat to cause deterioration of the value of the Iraqi dinar."

.. Iraq has seen a rise in inflation for the month of July in 2011 compared to the same month of 2010 by 7.1% after it was last year's 2.4% due to higher prices, housing rent allowances.

.”. Saleh pointed out that the "dollar crisis and high prices, rents and higher wages for electricity and the main reasons behind the persistence of high inflation in the country." .ة”. He explained that "the central bank adopts a policy of successful in reducing the rate of inflation and reduction in line with prices, demand and supply on the Iraq dinar and increase the monetary value."

.. Known that excessive inflation in the general level of prices and rising incomes in cash or a component of cash income such as wages or profits as well as high costs and over-the creation of cash balances. .. Fear and a number of economists from the continuing high rates of inflation in the country in the absence of mechanisms to limit the height of the government institutions involved in the management of the economy in the co

http://translate.goo...EP5ublg9fJK7AA.

I can answer you question. Though I know I will be strongly bashed for it, I'm sure, and get a lot of negatives, too. (But that's okay, I'm a Collector.

The articles out of Iraq tell us that after an RD there could be a window of two or three years before the Dinars we hold would become worthless. Other articles say that the old bills would be slowly removed from circulation. Which way it will be I believe is as yet undecided upon.

What we will likely need to do if the three zeros are removed and no RV happens first is that we will need to cash in. We can then buy the new currency, and look and hope further for an RV. It will cost us to do this, though, as a consequence of the sell-high/buy-low spread, and the dealer's markup, and the shipping costs involved.

All the above is 100% accurate, like it or not.

I think it could mean there is an RV in the picture.

"Thanks JW...

My take on what you isolated is this. To drop the price (means to re-denominate to equal closer to the value of the dollar now). So 1000 Dinar would become 1 Dinar equal .85 cents USD. Then it would RV up to $1usd which is a 15% increase roughly. "

Read more: http://dinarvets.com...0#ixzz1X1gPPAPF

RIGHT!

I Sooooo Hope u are Right

I can answer you question. Though I know I will be strongly bashed for it, I'm sure, and get a lot of negatives, too. (But that's okay, I'm a Collector.

The articles out of Iraq tell us that after an RD there could be a window of two or three years before the Dinars we hold would become worthless. Other articles say that the old bills would be slowly removed from circulation. Which way it will be I believe is as yet undecided upon.

What we will likely need to do if the three zeros are removed and no RV happens first is that we will need to cash in. We can then buy the new currency, and look and hope further for an RV. It will cost us to do this, though, as a consequence of the sell-high/buy-low spread, and the dealer's markup, and the shipping costs involved.

All the above is 100% accurate, like it or not.

I think it could mean there is an RV in the picture.

I will give you a simpler explanation.

To answer your question if it straight up RD's then yes your $25k note will be worth $25 bucks....basically...........then we you go to cash them in you will get what you paid for them minus roughly 20 to 30 percent. The risk vs the possible reward in this dinar thing s just simpley ridiculous!

BUT if you come to the conclusion that thats what you think will happen you should cash in now.........we dont need any more lopsters in here....the tank is full! :D

However if you want to consider this thing from all sides and see the big picture be painted right before our eyes the you will be in a stuation preparing for the possible incredble return that most in this investment are expecting! :D There is speculation that it could RV at a rate of anywhere from .01 all the way up to the ridiculous amount of $3.86 but know one really knows how exactly this all plays out. Give yourself a little more time around here and all your questions will be answered by all the extrodinarily educated members of this site!

Which means IMO your 25k dinar note will become $25k USD........if the potential doesnt get you excited you should definitely sell NOW! :D

Good luck to you and GO RV!!!