Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

More PROOF not rumor of EXCHANGE RATE w/link

Aqua Dude

I think it's funny how on nearly every newer thread that xyzzy has gone more than out of his/her way to try and say that the Dinar will RD or LOP. If you are so convinced that it will not RV whatsoever, why are you even on Dinar Vets? You claim to be invested, why not sell now cut your losses and move on? Or here is an even better question: Why not start your own thread on how you believe the Dinar will only RD and supply proof with reasonable explanation? I may not give you the same attention you seem to get posting on threads meant to be positive info, but it will indeed give you a chance to show your point of view for people who actually want to read your point of view. This question is not meant to be an attack. But if you indeed take it that way....I could really care less and you would be proving my point and answering a question everyone probably has pondered. Are you someone who just came on to troll the forum?

Noooo he is looking to "double or triple" his thousand bucks over the next 2 to 3 years!!! LMAO

no my friend, you have proven, like many others, that you cannot provide any credible sources that state a LOP or removal of three zeros from the physical paper currency will occur

I, on the other hand, have provided much evidence to prove the point that three zeros will be removed from the exchange rate ONLY

There have been numerous articles stating either directly or indirectly that their intent is to redenominate their currency to remove the effects inflation caused to their monetary system, you simply don't wish to read what they are stating as it doesn't fit with the pie in the sky viewpoint. The statements of reducing the cash block from 25 trillion to 25 billion, that a current 25,000 dinar note carrying the same value as a new 25 dinar note, etc. are all statements of redenomination, not a huge revaluation.

Again, it's not what any of us are wanting, it is simply what they keep stating.

• Upvote 1

There have been numerous articles stating either directly or indirectly that their intent is to redenominate their currency to remove the effects inflation caused to their monetary system, you simply don't wish to read what they are stating as it doesn't fit with the pie in the sky viewpoint. The statements of reducing the cash block from 25 trillion to 25 billion, that a current 25,000 dinar note carrying the same value as a new 25 dinar note, etc. are all statements of redenomination, not a huge revaluation.

Again, it's not what any of us are wanting, it is simply what they keep stating.

Heres a portion of another article on another thread that I cant understand why you and your lopster friends dont want to talk about. You are one of the ones who constantly states...."its what the CBI said not me" lol well heres what the CBI says...

That he is supposed to drop the price to equal the dollar more than the Iraqi dinar after deleting three zeros from the currency and thus we have achieved two goals of this procedure, first raise the value of the dinar against the dollar and the second is the restructuring of the Iraqi currency

• Upvote 1

We've now seen in excess of 100 articles describing the RD process, with more coming out every day now. It's hard to imagine how anyone who isn't either blind, brainwashed, or semi-literate can't understand that they are declaring this to be a "value-neutral" event. Removing the three zeros instantly brings the value of the Dinar to .86 cents (close to the Dollar). It would be unbelievably nice if they would increase the value BEFORE removing the three zeros, but this simply makes no financial or economic sense. What possible reason would they have to do this? Why spend tens of Trillions of Dollars which don't have to be expended? What would they gain? Sure it would be great for we the holders of millions of IQD, but what would it do for the average Iraqi citizen, or for the GOI? Does it makes sense to ANYONE that they would be talking about this so much if it were actually going to happen the way we are hoping? Wouldn't everyone on the planet be buying up billions of Dinars if this were the case? If this were going to be a straight RV, it would have happened instantaneously, in total secrecy, with absolutely no warning. Instead, exactly the opposite has been occurring, and for a long period of time now.

The very best article I've seen to date says that they would like to see the value increase to 1:1 - an increase of 16% over the .86 figure - which seems extremely logical. That would make the value of One Dinar equal to One U.S. Dollar. Most of the articles indicate however that there will be "no increase in value or purchasing power" which implies a simple RD. It's painfully simple, and yet very few want to see it for what it is. Is it what we hoped for? No. Unfortunately, it appears to be the reality. At any rate, it appears that the process, whatever it will be, is likely to occur in the near future, possibly within the next few months, depending on how long it takes to print and begin distribution of the new currency. I have yet to see an article implying that this has been completed, despite the never-ending lies of the pumpers. :(

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

We've now seen in excess of 100 articles describing the RD process, with more coming out every day now. It's hard to imagine how anyone who isn't either blind, brainwashed, or semi-literate can't understand that they are declaring this to be a "value-neutral" event. Removing the three zeros instantly brings the value of the Dinar to .86 cents (close to the Dollar). It would be unbelievably nice if they would increase the value BEFORE removing the three zeros, but this simply makes no financial or economic sense. What possible reason would they have to do this? Why spend tens of Trillions of Dollars which don't have to be expended? What would they gain? Sure it would be great for we the holders of millions of IQD, but what would it do for the average Iraqi citizen, or for the GOI? Does it makes sense to ANYONE that they would be talking about this so much if it were actually going to happen the way we are hoping? Wouldn't everyone on the planet be buying up billions of Dinars if this were the case? If this were going to be a straight RV, it would have happened instantaneously, in total secrecy, with absolutely no warning. Instead, exactly the opposite has been occurring, and for a long period of time now.

The very best article I've seen to date says that they would like to see the value increase to 1:1 - an increase of 16% over the .86 figure - which seems extremely logical. That would make the value of One Dinar equal to One U.S. Dollar. Most of the articles indicate however that there will be "no increase in value or purchasing power" which implies a simple RD. It's painfully simple, and yet very few want to see it for what it is. Is it what we hoped for? No. Unfortunately, it appears to be the reality. At any rate, it appears that the process, whatever it will be, is likely to occur in the near future, possibly within the next few months, depending on how long it takes to print and begin distribution of the new currency. I have yet to see an article implying that this has been completed, despite the never-ending lies of the pumpers. :(

It isn't a reality until it is a reality, right? ;)

It isn't a reality until it is a reality, right? ;)

Lol how you get that out of all this is amazing!

They have never stated they intend to execute a "neutral" event. I agree with one thing....how you cannot see the big picture is crazzzzy! Why would the talk about how high the reserves are getting and how they want to be the economic superpower of the ME if their intentions were to perform a neautral change in their currency. Iraq is and will become the most wealthy country in the world.

Of course they have to RD but the RV will come first as stated by the CBI yesterday. They are educating the citizens of Iraq and letting them know that they will no longer have to carry such large denoms of currency.

They cant just RV and leave the same denoms on the street! You lopsters are a hard headed bunch that really should read ALL the info available and think outside the box. They are never gonna tell you exactly what they are going to do!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Hopeful, if the "proof" is in all of the contradicting articles then I would come back and say Propaganda. Propaganda: is a form of communication that is aimed at influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position so as to benefit oneself.

As opposed to impartially providing information, propaganda, in its most basic sense, presents information primarily to influence an audience. Propaganda is often biased, with facts selectively presented (thus possibly lying by omission) to encourage a particular synthesis, or uses loaded messages to produce an emotional rather than rational response to the information presented. The desired result is a change of the attitude toward the subject in the target audience to further a political, or other type of agenda. Propaganda can be used as a form of political warfare.

Lying by Omission:

One lies by omission when omitting an important fact, deliberately leaving another person with a misconception. Lying by omission includes failures to correct pre-existing misconceptions. Also known as a continuing misrepresentation. An example is when the seller of a car declares it has been serviced regularly but does not tell that a fault was reported at the last service.

The U.S. Department of Defense defines psychological warfare as:

"The planned use of propaganda and other psychological actions having the primary purpose of influencing the opinions, emotions, attitudes, and behavior of hostile foreign groups in such a way as to support the achievement of national objectives."

This holds just as much water as you and the others who say "well this is what the CBI keeps saying, not me..."

You are correct sir, but I don't think any of us is saying a RD is an absolute, but it would appear to be the likely outcome based on what we read in print taken at face value.

Right, and the entire problem with this is taking what you read in print and taking it at FACE VALUE. Therein could like the real problem while trying to understand all of this....

• Upvote 2

RV then print/release lower Denomination

NOT ReDenomination :)

there is a difference

there is no 1000 old for 1 new going on in Iraq!!!!!

and not "Essitially through gradual removal" either

and not "two exchange rates" either

and no lopster for dinner please!

gimme crab! :P

Edited by Aqua Dude
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Lol how you get that out of all this is amazing!

They have never stated they intend to execute a "neutral" event. I agree with one thing....how you cannot see the big picture is crazzzzy! Why would the talk about how high the reserves are getting and how they want to be the economic superpower of the ME if their intentions were to perform a neautral change in their currency. Iraq is and will become the most wealthy country in the world.

Of course they have to RD but the RV will come first as stated by the CBI yesterday. They are educating the citizens of Iraq and letting them know that they will no longer have to carry such large denoms of currency.

They cant just RV and leave the same denoms on the street! You lopsters are a hard headed bunch that really should read ALL the info available and think outside the box. They are never gonna tell you exactly what they are going to do!

Now, now, now I never said that I agreed with the RD "mantra" ( I mean that in a most respectful way), I happen to agree with you. However I do not think the RV will be the magnificent # I may have visualized in the beginning of this investment. I feel there are missing pieces not spoken via news pieces and blurbs from Iraq. I also believe there is board room banking where deals are wheeled that none of us can pretend to know behind the scenes.

I also cannot discount the RD platform as nonsense, because it could happen. Those that have put the argument out there are not unintelligent folks, they have a possible reality that could happen. Which comes to my comment to Legolas. He made a comment after his hypothesis(that is all it is on both sides right now), quote:

Unfortunately, it appears to be the reality. unquote. I feel the reality of the dinar is yet to unfold, an no one on this board unless you are in the inside, which we are not

knows what that reality is yet. So it is not a reality until it is a reality. I stand by that.

I will also add, you can't believe everything you read, and that includes both spectrums, RV and RD.

Cheers

Zigmeister :)

• Upvote 4

Now, now, now I never said that I agreed with the RD "mantra" ( I mean that in a most respectful way), I happen to agree with you. However I do not think the RV will be the magnificent # I may have visualized in the beginning of this investment. I feel there are missing pieces not spoken via news pieces and blurbs from Iraq. I also believe there is board room banking where deals are wheeled that none of us can pretend to know behind the scenes.

I also cannot discount the RD platform as nonsense, because it could happen. Those that have put the argument out there are not unintelligent folks, they have a possible reality that could happen. Which comes to my comment to Legolas. He made a comment after his hypothesis(that is all it is on both sides right now), quote:

Unfortunately, it appears to be the reality. unquote. I feel the reality of the dinar is yet to unfold, an no one on this board unless you are in the inside, which we are not

knows what that reality is yet. So it is not a reality until it is a reality. I stand by that.

I will also add, you can't believe everything you read, and that includes both spectrums, RV and RD.

Cheers

Well said Zigmeister!

• Upvote 1

Then sell your dinar and leave already. Or is there some part of you that knows you may be wrong.

What I get out of your posts is that you don't really believe that some things are not as they seem. You take everything for its face value. Really! Just use our government for example. Anyone who takes what our politicians say at its face value is nieve. Unless you just woke up from a 30 year comma and turned on the news you know that what is said by our politicians is not taken at its face value. Are we really gonna think Iraqis politicians have real integrity over our own?

Lets just all agree we hope for an RV, but no one really knows. I am tired of the know it alls who think they know! Well you don't. Neither do I, Aqua Dude, Keep or even Adam. Lets just all hope for the best. Peace everyone, not trying to ruff any feathers.

• Upvote 2

Then sell your dinar and leave already. Or is there some part of you that knows you may be wrong.

What I get out of your posts is that you don't really believe that some things are not as they seem. You take everything for its face value. Really! Just use our government for example. Anyone who takes what our politicians say at its face value is nieve. Unless you just woke up from a 30 year comma and turned on the news you know that what is said by our politicians is not taken at its face value. Are we really gonna think Iraqis politicians have real integrity over our own?

Lets just all agree we hope for an RV, but no one really knows. I am tired of the know it alls who think they know! Well you don't. Neither do I, Aqua Dude, Keep or even Adam. Lets just all hope for the best. Peace everyone, not trying to ruff any feathers.

So you think all of these many articles are simply "lies" - generated for the purpose of convincing investors to dump their Dinars (which would likely be sold to "new" investors) or to discourage new investors from buying Dinars (after 8 years of permitting them to be sold unabated)? Sure I hope I'm wrong, but the odds would appear at this point to be about 1,000:1......as in old Dinars to new. ;)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Cheers

Agreed! :D

Very nicely put! More patience than I! :D

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

if they were to RV....you just said it yourself...would they boast about it in the media? no because iraq would lose trillions of dinar. so obviously they would say they are redenominating.

• Upvote 1

And as Iraq's GDP grows so too will the value of its money supply both by higher exchange rates and increases in the volume of currency. But it isn't gown NOW.

But a couple big differences. A company stock is not set by declaration but by the market. When Gold mining company finds a new supply, the stock typically does go up based on the expectation of higher revenues and profits in the future. The stock market prices in future value. But currencies do not. Currencies are all about NOW, especially for currencies that peg and are not allowed to float. Further no commerce is occurring with the stock, but the currency is intimately linked to the economy.

So you think, and hope! :) If they RV to $1 I think there would be huge problems:

1) There will be a huge immediate drain on foreign reserves as with 24T or 30T or 60T (pick your number) out in the world, I'd guess that at least 1T dinars will come in for exchange and there is no way they have the foreign reserves to cover that.

2) The gap between rich and poor in Iraq is magnified by 1000x. Anyone living paycheck to paycheck is screwed and everyone that has savings is sitting very pretty. In a country already very fractionalized with plenty of opportunists ready to rally the disenfranchised, this is a recipe for disaster.

3) You as a hard working Iraqi have saved up 250,000 IQD to buy a used $200 USD motor scooter. Now that 250,000 IQD can buy you a $50,000 USD BMW and have 80% of it left over. But when you get to the dealer the 3 cars he had sold out 1 minute after opening for 5x their sticker price and there is a line around the block signing up for more at those same inflated prices. But salaries have to be lowered by the RV amount. If you were making 2,000 IQD per hour before now you will only be making 2 IQD/hr. LIkewise with good from in Iraq. So the wealthy get wealthier but the wager earners are priced out of everything. They will demand higher wages, and up and up we go.

4) Even if they can mangage the inital exchange how do they do so on-gonigly? BMW will be happy to supply more cars, but they don't want dinars they want euros, where is the CBI going to get them? And if the CBI can't support this exchange reate (1:1 with the dollar) then foreign companies will not sell their goods based on it.

I'm not trying to fool anyone, what would be my motive? I've got dinars, I'd love them to be worth a fortune, but I don't see how its possible.

I think you are correct, friend, unfortunately. I think the dinar is a long term investment that can provide a good return in time... I wish wish wish it were otherwise, and hope hope hope I am wrong!

the bashers are changing up their game now....now the game is...two seperate exchange rates for THE iraqi dinar.....wow

how could the currency have strengthen if the older currency is still weak????

you're not making sense, if i had a old 10k USD bill, you telling me i would only get 10 bucks becuause the US printed 10 dillar bills????

come on please!!

This has been discussed many times, it is what happens in a redenomination - simply look it up if you don't believe it. It shouldn't be too hard for you to find an example that makes sense to you, considering that there are numerous examples plus the fact that the government of the country that does it passes a law regulating the currency reform prior to it occurring.

They issue a new currency with a rate that is proportional to its predecessor. If they remove three zeros, then a 25,000 dinar note which has a value of $0.000856 per diner, would have the same value as a new 25 dinar note that had a value of $0.86 per dinar - both having an overall value of ~$21.50.

This has been discussed many times, it is what happens in a redenomination - simply look it up if you don't believe it. It shouldn't be too hard for you to find an example that makes sense to you, considering that there are numerous examples plus the fact that the government of the country that does it passes a law regulating the currency reform prior to it occurring.

They issue a new currency with a rate that is proportional to its predecessor. If they remove three zeros, then a 25,000 dinar note which has a value of $0.000856 per diner, would have the same value as a new 25 dinar note that had a value of $0.86 per dinar - both having an overall value of ~$21.50.

omg they have stated many times before that deleting the zeros from banknotes....it is irrelevant

That is not what Iraq needs to do. Why don't you get your head out of you A$$ and come off the BS? I really don't think you have a dime invested in this, just here to spread negativity, and crap on other peoples hopes. If I was running the board, I would ban all lopsters for being a no it all, nit picking anoyance.

Yep, been here 24 hrs, and have all the answers. Hmmmm In my opinion I think these people are not really invested in the dinar, just here to cause division, and crap on other peoples dreams. If I had a way to block these people, I would sure block them, because I get tired of scrolling past them all the time just to keep from hearing their crap.

I dunno about that fellow, but:

I have been lurking here a long time, and on a day with absolutely nothing on my agenda decided to join and comment...

I think the facts and opinions presented here lean away from what we all hope will happen, personally, and I am sad to say so... I think the dinar will appreciate in value over the long haul, and I am glad I invested only what I could afford to risk... I think it will eventually prove to have been a sound investment, but I am VERY sorry to say that I have very little hope of becoming a multimillionaire overnight.

If that happens I will be delighted to be wrong!

cheers everyone, happy long weekend!

I'm with you on that one bro...I'm outside of KAF and it's F'in hot down here...

RV already!!!

thanks you guys, for serving our country, sincerely!!!!

come home safe!

• Upvote 1

What does this mean. Would you say those posting about how this or that shows it will RV are "going out of their way" to do so? We're all just trying to figure out what is happening.

Because the chances that it will go down further are quite low and there is still a pretty good chance it will come up some (i.e. a small RV). So if I just wait I might have less of a loss or even a small profit.

I have supplied such explanations. This thread is entitled "...PROOF not rumor of EXCHANGE RATE", are you claiming that only folks that agree with that should post here? Nonsense. I post what I think is an objective analysis of what can and can not happen. I wish there was more of that around when I bought in. If you don't like what I post, don't read it. What is the problem?

the problem in my opinion is that some people (and I know one personally) are so invested in the potential of becoming phenomenally rich overnight that they cannot stand to hear any rational opinions that point to a less grand outcome with their dinar investment...

I want to be a gazillionaire overnight, and bought into the dinars because of that allure, but nothing I am reading on these forums gives me a lot of hope that it is going to happen this way...

And I really hope I am wrong!

I am not a lopster, I don't hope I am right, and the conclusion I am currently at (which is open to change at any time) is that I have a gazillion dinars that will eventually be a profitable investment for me, and that it is going to take time...

I believe the dinar has increased in value 30% or thereabouts over the last 4 years, yes?