Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

More PROOF not rumor of EXCHANGE RATE w/link

Aqua Dude

I have to point out that you stated a rate of 1000:1, 1,000 dinar to one dollar, indicating that 25,000 dinar would be worth something like $25.00. That is correct if that was the actual rate when it takes place.

But the article stated a differtent rate: 1:1. One dinar to one dollar. That means if you have 25,000 dinar, when converted (minus fees) it will be worth $25,000.

Per the particle: "It is estimated that raising the three zeros will lead to the exchange rate of one dollar per dinar..."

"Per the particle", I like that, electrons? positrons? :) As for the 1000:1, I meant that as the RD rate, after an RD of 1000:1 the NEW dinars would have an exchnage rate for 0.86 USD to 1 New dinar, so then a small RV could bring it to or even past 1:1 in exchange.
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

What a tired argument...There will be no lop.

To anyone with a fear of an RD ie LOP....

A lop would end any further interest in the dinar

I don't see that. It would end it for speculators but it would be come a more viable long term investment.

and it would require the central bank of iraq to be prepared to cash all of us speculators out. Do not believe what they say, there are a lot of foreign investors in this. Iraq has been selling their money off for years to build their reserves and make no mistake they know where the money goes. They are not stupid. We are tied to the hip and they will not LOP or billions of dollars would leave Iraq with nothing else to replace it. I can say this because their actions of not lopping up to this point says they are very afraid of all of us that are invested.

Lets do a little arithmetic. If they RD, then that 1T IQD they sold 1B USD will come back in for that same 1B USD. So no big deal. Even if on average they sold it for only 500M (since the value has been going up slowly) its still no big deal. Now suppose they RV and even 100:1 (i.e. to a dime per dinar), now that 1T dinar coming back in will cost them 100B USD. So a big RV has far far more foreign exchange liability than a RD.

Don't be shocked if it doesn't revalue by a 1000% which is what it would take to make it to .86. Do you understand what that revalue you expect is? ITS HISTORIC.....UNPRECEDENTED.....Don't expect that. Currencies just don't do that overnight....or even in a short amount of time...

I would be elated to have an RV of a dollar but am I expecting that to happen? Absolutely not.

Long term...

Actually to get to $0.86 USD per dinar it would be a 1000:1 RV which is 100,000% . But on the long term part I totally agree. An economy can not stand the shock of a gigantic change overnight in the value of its money supply. I think they will RD, and then slowly the value will increase over the years. So maybe a good investment, but the risk/reward balance is very different than if a 1000x RV was in the future (as I once imagined... ah it was nice while it lasted...).
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I will be really happy at 10 cents to the dinar. At .20 cents I will quit work and do something I like to do. One dollar is beyond my wildest dreams. I have been trying, but I cannot even really imagine what I would do with a rate of 3.68 or above..... I have some thoughts about it though rolleyes.gif

Boy howdy! $0.10 would be grand and more just wonderfully grand. But alas I think we'll be very very lucky to get a penny (which would still be nice, but not a retirement event). The dream is still fun, even though I'm realistically now only looking to break even.

Indeed and in the last 10 years it has gotten much worse in the US .

No, I expect Iraq will have many hurdles along the way but, a huge RV is one they can avoid. Further the total oil and gas in the ground will indeed be a major ingredient for their growth. But, future potential does not set the currency now. The total oil in the ground in Iraq is estimate to be about 15T USD worth, so over the 30 years or more it will take to extract it, that isn't really a huge amount (200B USD per year).

You joined this website yesterday, and now you have all the facts. In my opinion, I believe you are one of loppsters that have been here a while, just coming under another name to spread more negativity.

• Upvote 6

You joined this website yesterday, and now you have all the facts. In my opinion, I believe you are one of loppsters that have been here a while, just coming under another name to spread more negativity.

Exactly, 28 posts in 24hrs.....talks more than my wife.....

almost

• Upvote 7

wow......

You have a well rounded understanding of this and what Iraq needs to do....kudos for you for doing your own homework!!

That is not what Iraq needs to do. Why don't you get your head out of you A$$ and come off the BS? I really don't think you have a dime invested in this, just here to spread negativity, and crap on other peoples hopes. If I was running the board, I would ban all lopsters for being a no it all, nit picking anoyance.

Exactly, 28 posts in 24hrs.....talks more than my wife.....

almost

Yep, been here 24 hrs, and have all the answers. Hmmmm In my opinion I think these people are not really invested in the dinar, just here to cause division, and crap on other peoples dreams. If I had a way to block these people, I would sure block them, because I get tired of scrolling past them all the time just to keep from hearing their crap.

• Upvote 4

That is not what Iraq needs to do. Why don't you get your head out of you A$$ and come off the BS? I really don't think you have a dime invested in this, just here to spread negativity, and crap on other peoples hopes. If I was running the board, I would ban all lopsters for being a know it all, nit picking anoyance.

Yep, been here 24 hrs, and have all the answers. Hmmmm In my opinion I think these people are not really invested in the dinar, just here to cause division, and crap on other peoples dreams. If I had a way to block these people, I would sure block them, because I get tired of scrolling past them all the time just to keep from hearing their crap.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Woooooooooohoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! Mmmmhmmmmm! This is great! Thanks Aqua!

Just got off of an 11 hour retail management shift and this news just made me think.....maybe I won't be seeing these long shifts much longer!

**grinning ear to frikkin' ear, yet trying to remain a lil grounded!**

¡¡GO RV!!

How does my length of time on this site relate to what things I know? I have never claimed to know "all the facts", but some things seem very clear and I don't have to be a long timer on this web site to have found out about them, though I was reading here for some time before registering.

The whole negativity thing is silly. Facts are facts, at least as far as we can know. One thing I am quite sure about is that they can not RV overnight by 1000x. It would be economic suicide. If you are posting about how you think people will be living on the moon next year, I'm going to say no that just can't happen. Its not being negative, its just saying what is so. Exactly how will this unfold? I certainly don't know. But we know some things just are not possible. A 1000x RV is one of them. What do I gain by "spreading negativity"? I'm just trying to figure this out, and let others take advantage of my experience in making up their mind.

That is not what Iraq needs to do. Why don't you get your head out of you A$$ and come off the BS? I really don't think you have a dime invested in this, just here to spread negativity, and crap on other peoples hopes. If I was running the board, I would ban all lopsters for being a no it all, nit picking anoyance.

I don't really find name calling and insults particularly effective at supporting your case, but hey maybe to you that's nit picking.
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Man! You could become very popular IF you were into spreading Happy Valley hype. That is the only thing actual welcome here. All else should be banned. Censored, and the perpetrators muzzled. Gagged.

Yea Im afraid my career as a politician is doomed, there are some lines I'm just not willing to cross. Oh wait, I don't have a career as a politician, whew... that's a relief! :)

You know Turkey and all of those other countries do not have the wealth that the Iraqis have. The oil wells that they have in the middle east produce more oil than any of our most prolific wells in the gulf coast and they have a lot of em and they are drilling more as we speak. If these turkeys don't RV their money first and then re denominate IMHO they will ruin themselves as credible business people because they really do have the hard american cash to make this happen. I keep reminding myself that toward the conclusion there will all kinds of misinformation coming out of the country. Peace

• Upvote 1

Oh, wow! Another thread where people equate Turkey to Iraq :lol:

As if they are identical, in both history, current circumstance, future potential, and natural resources.

Wait... they aren't.

So why are we comparing them?

The same reason you put butter on your table at dinner... it's a great compliment to the lopster! I mean, lobster. Dang typos!

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1