Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Security measures!

Mr. Mont

Out of curiosity I was trying to get everyones input on what type of security measures we all should take once it does revalue. I'm referring to protecting our family and ourselves from criminals looking to cash in on our new wealth. Who will you tell our not tell? How will you protect yourselves from all the criminals ready to pounce? All input is much appreciated!

• Upvote 1

I never understand posts like this... common sense says "good accountant and lawyer" if and when it happens. That is the only defense you have.. Oh, don't answer your phone!!! Your relatives could and will be your worse nightmares, ask any professional athlete...

• Upvote 1

My son in law is a trusting investment advisor. I'll have him invest for me in tax free or tax deferred.annuities. Annuities are safer than the markets. The potential to grow is not there but the risks are minimal. Annuities also also better returns than guaranteed fixed investments. You usually stay up or ahead of inflation. The banks are only giving .025% interests. Also consider city & utility bonds.

I never understand posts like this... common sense says "good accountant and lawyer" if and when it happens. That is the only defense you have.. Oh, don't answer your phone!!! Your relatives could and will be your worse nightmares, ask any professional athlete...

I agree about the common sense but I just figured it doesn't hurt to throw ideas off each other. I'm also referring to keeping our families and the money safe. I guess I worry about all the people willing to do anything for fifty bucks, who knows what they are capable of doing for some real money. I had no intentions on upsetting anyone by making this post, I'm sorry for any problems I caused.

• Upvote 2

No worries, Mont,

These are questions we all should be asking ourselves, even if we aren't going to answer them in a forum like this. I agree with the statement about professional athletes and other 'people of means'. Should it ever get out that we have such wealth, if in fact it comes to that, we're going to be dodging a lot of requests for hand outs. It's just the nature of things... But we shall see...

I would never tell friends, family, or so-called relatives, because once you do, they will drive you crazy about needing this, wanting that etc. Best keep your business to yourself, then if a real need arises within the family, then try and provide it in a round about way if you know what I mean. I already know about friends, and relatives wanting this, and borrowing that. The friends and relatives are like the old popeye charater wimpy, I will gladly pay you tuesday, for a hamburger today, but you never see them. I had this old rich man tell me one time that he had a friend who borrowed a dollar, and now he don't have the friend, or the dollar.

Edited by MoneyMoney7

Out of curiosity I was trying to get everyones input on what type of security measures we all should take once it does revalue. I'm referring to protecting our family and ourselves from criminals looking to cash in on our new wealth. Who will you tell our not tell? How will you protect yourselves from all the criminals ready to pounce? All input is much appreciated!

I agree with the other poster, why does anyone need to know ? Other than a few chosen professionals/experts keep it to yourself.

But, If you plan on lighting cigars with hundred dollar bills in crack park, then I would suggest you brought the wrath upon yourself :)

My husband is a cop, so he's paranoid like crazy, i haven't told him how much exactly i've invested but he knows i have. i already have a safety deposit box but when we get the house, we've already decided to get a hidden fireproof safe as well as multiple alarm systems and camera systems, as well as a gate around our house, he works for one of the bigger cities department force. however, i would still get it even if it rv's later b/c he's paranoid. my mom's divorced, so there's no way i tell my dad. cause he's always trying to sue her cause she gave away 99% of their company to us kids. my sis is in debt so i'll probably help pay that off but i won't tell her how. i will need to tell my mom thought, we have a company and my mom owns 1% but she's the manger now, until she retires and i take over, she's planning on gifting my husband and i help on the down payment for the house. she doesn't understand currencies investments but she's invested in gold years ago and it's still climbing in value for her, so she'll understand y i did this.

as for legal protection, i plan to use our companies, cpa, accountant, and tax lawyer. all of them are on retainer and 2/3 have also invested in dinar but only 1 knows how much i have.

I think I'll get a couple doverman pinchers, a safe room, add a nice shotgun and a very good home security system. Lol, I know I'm going over board, but I appreciate everyones input, thank, you!

My husband is a cop, so he's paranoid like crazy, i haven't told him how much exactly i've invested but he knows i have. i already have a safety deposit box but when we get the house, we've already decided to get a hidden fireproof safe as well as multiple alarm systems and camera systems, as well as a gate around our house, he works for one of the bigger cities department force. however, i would still get it even if it rv's later b/c he's paranoid. my mom's divorced, so there's no way i tell my dad. cause he's always trying to sue her cause she gave away 99% of their company to us kids. my sis is in debt so i'll probably help pay that off but i won't tell her how. i will need to tell my mom thought, we have a company and my mom owns 1% but she's the manger now, until she retires and i take over, she's planning on gifting my husband and i help on the down payment for the house. she doesn't understand currencies investments but she's invested in gold years ago and it's still climbing in value for her, so she'll understand y i did this.

as for legal protection, i plan to use our companies, cpa, accountant, and tax lawyer. all of them are on retainer and 2/3 have also invested in dinar but only 1 knows how much i have.

I like the way you are thinking, I am going to stay low key as much as possible. The problem is that I want to start a buisness and I know ill be asked by everyone how I was able to get the capital.

stop coming to these sites after the RV since there will be vulchers trying to get you to "invest" with them.... My advise is tell no one and stay low key....

Yup, I agree. Plus I plan in moving and only telling my family where I live.

• Upvote 1

I think I'll get a couple doverman pinchers, a safe room, add a nice shotgun and a very good home security system. Lol, I know I'm going over board, but I appreciate everyones input, thank, you!

I like the way you are thinking, I am going to stay low key as much as possible. The problem is that I want to start a buisness and I know ill be asked by everyone how I was able to get the capital.

I have 3 Rotties and a pit right now so I am good on that one. Starting a business - just tell people you borrowed the $$$ from a loan shark (Joey Two Toes) and the interest rate is "killing you"....they might feeel sorry for you and pick up a dinner tab or two... :)

I have added cool emoticons to this message.

To see them go to http://x.exps.me?b906784545164faa9ec54ce3d5b07b1f

I have 3 Rotties and a pit right now so I am good on that one. Starting a business - just tell people you borrowed the $$$ from a loan shark (Joey Two Toes) and the interest rate is "killing you"....they might feeel sorry for you and pick up a dinner tab or two... :)

I have added cool emoticons to this message.

To see them go to http://x.exps.me?b906784545164faa9ec54ce3d5b07b1f

Thats funny but your probably right. I love food so free food is the best lol

This is what I'm gonna do, I own many guns and will prob buy a new desert eagle to carry at all times and will tell nobody of the investment that I have made. Yep that is my plan cause who in the world is going to argue with a desert eagle!

How about someone with equal or more fire power? There is always someone with a bigger gun. LOL I very much agree that the best advise is to tell no one and for me I am also going to disappear...RV=poof gone LOL

CsD - WOW! You could start your own reality show and make millions.

The book "The Millionaire Next Door" has some cool ideas some of which have been mentioned here. Having peace of mind with a modest appearance is really a good combination ... if your planning on hanging around! :rolleyes:

I found this document that sums things up pretty well. I'm not sure whether I was led to it by someone on here or not but CHECK IT OUT. It has a LOT of good info.Wells Fargo Sudden Wealth Document

Very much recommended. Its amazing how fast people can burn through a fortune with the attitude that "I can not possibly spend all this money", and end up with nothing really to show for it. However this investment turns out, make it work for you by giving some serious thought to what you want to accomplish instead of just spending (and once you do that, then you can spend your "mad money" bucket with no worries! :) )
  • Upvote 1

I plan to buy or build a really nice new house, and I'll get several security systems built into it. One is a hidden safe with directions for access to it given to my daughters, and another is the best alarm system available. As a single woman, I'll build my house in a very good neighborhood, and immediately begin to get to know my neighbors. I like being neighborly anyway, and people are good about watching out for older neighbors,and to notice if something looks odd or different when they know the neighbor in question. Before I buy a house or property on which to build a house, I'll check with the local police to learn about the crime stats in that area. Sometimes, those can even be found online, although I would be a bit concerned about how current these might be. Really good locks on the doors and windows with the alarm system built into them, plus motion sensor lights outside are also good deterrents. I love shrubs and plants, but I plan to keep any that are near the house quite low and away from a window, so my home can be seen if a prowler is near one of my windows. I also want to install a siren I can operate from inside the house so the neighbors will be alerted if I hear someone breaking in. I keep having this visual of someone being out there when the bright lights suddenly flash on, and the siren goes off loudly. They will probably have a quick accident in their pants before they leave in a hurry. LOL Then the last thing I will do is to buy three handguns, one for my purse, one for my car, and one for my home. I used to shoot quite well, but it was long enough ago that I'll take a few lessons, just to be on the safe side. I'm thinking small Glock handguns would do nicely.

I also don't plan to build my house in the small town where I now live with my youngest daughter and her family, but in the city where I used to live, about an hour's drive away. I liked living there when I taught at the university, and I am comfortable getting around there. Also, since I only maintained two of my old friendships in the city and have not cultivated any friends in the five years I've lived in this small town, I can write the script for my new life without taking very many other people into consideration. I'll just begin moving in different circles when I move back to the city. My church, shopping areas, fitness center, and other places I'll go regularly will be entirely different this time than they were when I lived there before. I had a health issue which was why I moved in with my daughter, so no one down here will think anything about it if I move back to the city now that it's obvious I have regained my full health. Thus, they won't suspect that my move has anything to do with my sudden financial liberation. :lol::P:lol::D

My friends who are still living in the city are already quite well off, and they know of my dinar investment. They are eager for me to move back to be close to them again. I plan to use Adam's sources fo find a good attorney, a banker, an accountant, and a financial advisor, and if I need further steering in the direction of someone who can advise me, my friends can suggest others. I plan to give enough dinar to my two daughters to change their lives for the better, to set them up quite well. I'll have the rest of my money in a trust. I will have made arrangements for highly qualified people to help me in my role as trustee, and when I am gone, this trusteeship will be transferred to my daughters. My oldest daughter lives across the country, so although I don't want to discount her, I focus more on my youngest daughter, who is right here. But they are both trustworthy and they love each other, so this will work out just fine. Also an advisor will help me set up the trust so they will confer with each other on major decisions, anyway.

Once all of that is done, I'll have the fun of being able to start over and decorate my new house beautifully, which means lots of delightful shopping, I think I may go to Hickory, North Carolina, "the Furniture Capital of the World," where I'll buy a lot of my new furniture and have it shipped back. I did that once before, and I loved doing it. I never would have had the money to do that, but my dad had died, and I had the final check for his estate, and I couldn't bring myself to cash it. I felt like I was cashing out my dad. But one evening I was talking to a friend, a guy I'd known for a long time at the little bar where I used to go, and he said, "Fran, you cash that check, and then you go shopping and buy yourself a very special gift from your dad. Make it something meaningful, something especially for you from your dad--and once you do that, the rest of that money will just be money." So I did that, and he was right. I bought myself a ruby birthstone ring from my dad. Dad had given me one when I was 7 years old and he had returned from Europe after WWII. I wore that ring for years, for a long time with string or tape wrapped around it to keep it on my finger until I finally had to put it away after my children were all in school because it had worn so thin that I was afraid it would break. Dad was my adoptive father, and he and I shared the same birthday, so that ring was always very special to me. So I went shopping and bought another ruby birthstone ring to me from my dad. I felt like that man rode into my life with one birthstone ring, and he rode back out of my life with another one. And sure enough! I found that I could then spend Dad's money, so I used it to buy new furniture in North Carolina. Of course, you have to wait for it to be delivered, but during that time (about four weeks), you almost forget what you bought, so it is a great delight and surprise when you see all of it when it arrives. And I also plan to buy the best computer money can buy. I have lots to do with a computer, such as writing a book or two, so I want to finally get a really good one.

I also plan to simply have fun, perhaps join a country club, travel, meet new people, as I said before, write some books, perhaps teach a couple adjunct classes now and then, and just generally enjoy my life. I have devoted my entire life (until I became ill) to other people. Now however, my beloved husband is gone, and my four children are all grown, so I can live pretty much for myself. I expect to live at least another 20-25-maybe even 30 years, although we never know how long we still have. But as my youngest daughter so often says, "It is what it is." While I'm still here, I'll do all I can to help my two daughters enjoy a good life, and I expect my trust to protect my money for them even after I'm gone. My advisors will make sure my daughters have access to that money for a about anything they want, whether it's for a business, education for the kids, travel, or special luxuries. If all goes well, they will have enough money for all these things without dipping into the trust, but I really don't mind if they want to use that money for about anything, as long as it's within some semblence of reason. (For example, I'd rather they wouldn't fund a back-to-nature commune run by a religious zealot in northern Idaho. LOL). I plan that the financial value of my trust be held in gold , silver, other precious metals, gas, and oil, perhaps diamonds, and I am sure a good planner will have ideas of other solid investments I can make so I don't have my money tied up in USDs. I'm so naive about this that I'm even wondering if I said that right. lol Having never done this at all, it will be a fun experience for me to learn about investing successfully. I may also do some volunteer work at a home for women who are escaping an abusive relationship, often with small children. I also want to fund some sort of program, most likely to help Wounded Warriors, since I have such a high repect for our brave men and women who offer their very lives to serve America, the finest nation the world has ever seen. If I can keep stretching my money to do it, I will also help to fund a program that provides college tuition to the children of these heroes.

So that's my plan, and I'm sticken" to it. :lol: It will be a lot of fun to get this new life going in a direction of my own choosing. And I'm old enough now to know what I want and how to go get it. :lol: I always believed, even when I was very young, that the best of my life would be when I got older, and sure enough, here it is. :D

No worries, Mont,

These are questions we all should be asking ourselves, even if we aren't going to answer them in a forum like this. I agree with the statement about professional athletes and other 'people of means'. Should it ever get out that we have such wealth, if in fact it comes to that, we're going to be dodging a lot of requests for hand outs. It's just the nature of things... But we shall see...

In my own case, I will probably ask one of my trusted advisors to handle such requests. Also If they know they have to ask someone else, a professional who is "minding the store for you," it will often cut them off, since they won't confront such a person. Also don't begin suddenly to live pretentiously, to flaunt your new wealth. This is just another clue that money might be had. Rise to the level you want to live somewhat slowly. One thing at a time.