Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

U.S. treasury reports that Iraq removed from SDN list today

amandat

Specially Designated Nationals List (SDN)

9/1/2011

Page Content

Get e-mail updates when this information changes.

As part of its enforcement efforts, OFAC publishes a list of individuals and companies owned or controlled by, or acting for or on behalf of, targeted countries. It also lists individuals, groups, and entities, such as terrorists and narcotics traffickers designated under programs that are not country-specific. Collectively, such individuals and companies are called "Specially Designated Nationals" or "SDNs." Their assets are blocked and U.S. persons are generally prohibited from dealing with them.

http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/SDN-List/Pages/default.aspx

I did not read this as Iraq was removed from the list. I saw it as ALI was removed where his assets may be controlled by germany and iraq.

exact wording below.....

The following deletions have been made to OFAC's SDN list:

ALI, Ali Abdul Mutalib, Germany (individual) [iRAQ2]

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9/1/2011

Page Content

As part of its enforcement efforts, OFAC publishes a list of individuals and companies owned or controlled by, or acting for or on behalf of, targeted countries. It also lists individuals, groups, and entities, such as terrorists and narcotics traffickers designated under programs that are not country-specific. Collectively, such individuals and companies are called "Specially Designated Nationals" or "SDNs." Their assets are blocked and U.S. persons are generally prohibited from dealing with them.

I did not read this as Iraq was removed from the list. I saw it as ALI was removed where his assets may be controlled by germany and iraq.

exact wording below.....

9/1/2011

Page Content

exact wording below.....

Thanks for the explanation coyotestones!!!!!! :D

The SDN list is a listing of individuals and businesses that are prohibited from doing business with U.S. citizens. This entry is simply removing someone named Ali Abdul Mutalib, a citizen of Germany and/or Iraq from this restricted list. And no, he is not Ali of Dinar Trade.

9/1/2011

Page Content

exact wording below.....

You're right!!!!

The SDN list is a listing of individuals and businesses that are prohibited from doing business with U.S. citizens. This entry is simply removing someone named Ali Abdul Mutalib, a citizen of Germany and/or Iraq from this restricted list. And no, he is not Ali of Dinar Trade.

Thank you Cy.

According to the US Treasury site it seems that Iraq as whole was removed from the OFAC list in July of 2004, however individuals and companies were incorporated into the SDN list:

On July 30, 2004, the President issued a new Executive Order 13350 effectively

lifting the sanctions against Iraq and expanding the authorities of E.O. 13315

with regard to the former Iraqi regime, including an Annex containing the names

of parties blocked under this order. These names have been incorporated into

OFAC's SDN list.

http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/Documents/iraq.txt

It would seem any Iraqi related items being removed from the OFAC list would not be anything related to government or it's entities, but simply certain people and/or companies located within Iraq.

Edited by HopefulTxn
  • Upvote 1

I second that motion...WTH does this really mean?

Good or Bad?

I posted it earlier, along with the definitions and an excerpt from the Congressional Record discussing why he was determined a

SDN

I drew no conclusions.

Previous Post

Ali of DT????? just asking the question.... Forgot his last name.....

No

A search for this Ali brought up zero mention of DT.

This guy was probably being watched as aterrorist, drug trafficker, etc, This is from the treasury website......As part of its enforcement efforts, OFAC publishes a list of individuals and companies owned or controlled by, or acting for or on behalf of, targeted countries. It also lists individuals, groups, and entities, such as terrorists and narcotics traffickers designated under programs that are not country-specific. Collectively, such individuals and companies are called "Specially Designated Nationals" or "SDNs." Their assets are blocked and U.S. persons are generally prohibited from dealing with them.

Click here for more information on Treasury's Sanctions Programs.

Just read that earlier, but do you understand it, if so please explain it to us.

This guy was probably being watched as aterrorist, drug trafficker, etc, This is from the treasury website......As part of its enforcement efforts, OFAC publishes a list of individuals and companies owned or controlled by, or acting for or on behalf of, targeted countries. It also lists individuals, groups, and entities, such as terrorists and narcotics traffickers designated under programs that are not country-specific. Collectively, such individuals and companies are called "Specially Designated Nationals" or "SDNs." Their assets are blocked and U.S. persons are generally prohibited from dealing with them.

Click here for more information on Treasury's Sanctions Programs.

Thanks Goeers, and this has nothing to do with deleting the zeros from the dinars huh!