Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Sadr calls resistance to take action over US behaviors

Sara Johnson

Sadr calls resistance to take action over US behaviors

Thursday, September 01, 2011 13:11 GMT

Leader of Sadrist bloc Moqtada Al Sadr called resistance on Wednesday to retaliate on the fact that US closed the Iraqi airspace and sent 600 soldiers in order to secure the withdrawal of their troops. Sadr called the parliament and the government to stop these breaches and stressed that sending troops will harm Iraq’s sovereignty and it shows that Iraq government is weak.

Answering a question about closing Iraq airspace and sending 600 US soldiers in order to insure the withdrawal, Al Sadr said that the occupier is taking control as long as it is staying on our holly land. He also warned from renewing the tragedy if these two acts were not halted, Alsumarianews reported.

Sadr called the resistance to answer in a way that suits it and Iraqis and called the parliament and the government to work on preventing such things from taking place.

“Sending 600 soldiers to insure the pullback harms Iraq sovereignty… If they are coming for the pullout it’s better if they stay out of the Iraqi borders”, Sadr said.

Sadr stressed that sending soldiers and closing the Iraqi airspace points at the government’s weakness and called the same to stand by the people so that people can support it.

http://www.alsumaria...-behaviors.html

here is my oppinion.

we can go in and physicaly instal a democratic govmt. and make it work. but the peoples lives are controled by islam. it has been for generations and always will be.

these two conflicting ideas could never be allowed to exist in the minds of their religios leaders, of which sadr is one. the minut we leave, they will begine to dismantle everything we fought and died for there. the govt is weak. the people look to their religios leaders. sadr is probly the most powerfull man in the govt.

and his inflence grows by the minut. his followers have had several years to infrtrate every aspect of the govt. unable to defeat the govt with US firepower proping it up,

he has joined it in a rouse of giving it a chance. but in reality he has used his influence to undermine the govt from within. piting one MP aginst another in any hopes of making the govt a failure in the eyes of the people. i mean this guy is taking the script right out of star wars. this guy is primed and ready to take over the govt as soon as we are out of the picture. a very bloody civil war is on the horizon. and with it an end of iraqi democracy, if there was such a thing in the first place.

i fear that our rv will die with this also. so pray sadr meets an untimely end or they grant us bases there, or we will be looking for alteratives to use dinars for.

here is my oppinion.

we can go in and physicaly instal a democratic govmt. and make it work. but the peoples lives are controled by islam. it has been for generations and always will be.

these two conflicting ideas could never be allowed to exist in the minds of their religios leaders, of which sadr is one. the minut we leave, they will begine to dismantle everything we fought and died for there. the govt is weak. the people look to their religios leaders. sadr is probly the most powerfull man in the govt.

and his inflence grows by the minut. his followers have had several years to infrtrate every aspect of the govt. unable to defeat the govt with US firepower proping it up,

he has joined it in a rouse of giving it a chance. but in reality he has used his influence to undermine the govt from within. piting one MP aginst another in any hopes of making the govt a failure in the eyes of the people. i mean this guy is taking the script right out of star wars. this guy is primed and ready to take over the govt as soon as we are out of the picture. a very bloody civil war is on the horizon. and with it an end of iraqi democracy, if there was such a thing in the first place.

i fear that our rv will die with this also. so pray sadr meets an untimely end or they grant us bases there, or we will be looking for alteratives to use dinars for.

There is only one thing in his way... Kurds... beleive it!...

• Upvote 2

There is only one thing in his way... Kurds... beleive it!...

well thats where the bloody civil war will come in. as of right now, the onlything that is proping up this doomed to fail govt is US muscle. i think we can both agree, regardless who we feel the powerplayers are, the minut US forces vacate iraq, this country will burn and democracy with it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

well thats where the bloody civil war will come in. as of right now, the onlything that is proping up this doomed to fail govt is US muscle. i think we can both agree, regardless who we feel the powerplayers are, the minut US forces vacate iraq, this country will burn and democracy with it.

In the South perhaps. Never in the North. The Kurds simply won't tolerate it. They are fully committed to being autonomous. Give them the slightest opportunity, and they will be. The Peshmerga is more than capable of keeping order there; most certainly against insurgents. Iran or Turkey would be their only real threats; and the US will never allow that ever again (and don't throw the border skirmishes in my face. The GOI are the ones permitting those incursions.).

• Upvote 1

you are arguing a point that is not only irelivant, but is actualy suporting my argument. it is irelevent what the kurds do. whether they make there own state, or whatever.

there will be a civil war, the kurd, the shites, and sonnies will be involved. ( posably even bringing in iran or turkey ) it will burn the whole country to the ground. it will destroy democracy, and most important it will destroy any chance whatsoever of our investment.

even if your right and the kurds form their state, and the rest of iraq burns, were are just as screwed investmentwise.

Well, at the moment, it would appear at face value that Sadr's threats are actually generating some momentum in the GOI... just sayin'... I seriously doubt that any of them really want civil war... I think they will move along to the mutual benefit of each other... it may just take a little more coersion than one might expect....

As far as civil war goes, I would expect the UN would intervene before too much unrest unfolded. Many more countries than the US have interests at stake here, and the human suffering would likely be dealt with by the UN forces in my opinion... The entire middle eastern volatility rests in the peaceful resolution of Iraq's issues...

• Upvote 1

i think the world would sleep a little better if sadr and his army was put on a leash. but, you are probly right...the un would have to step in.

at that point, would you think they may seperate the factions into kurdish sunny and shite self governed regions, kind of how the kurds are now, and then have a weaker unifying central govt.

i think the world would sleep a little better if sadr and his army was put on a leash. but, you are probly right...the un would have to step in.

at that point, would you think they may seperate the factions into kurdish sunny and shite self governed regions, kind of how the kurds are now, and then have a weaker unifying central govt.

Who knows?... that's the $64,000 question....

• Upvote 1