Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Veggie Bus Rumor

diverdave

Sure do thank you for your post..............sorry about your dinar........that part is really awful! sad.gif

But what an fantastic idea you two had the courage to do!

A grand adventure......you both willl probably

remember for a lifetime.

Great good luck to you and yours,

myst

• Upvote 1

For all you saved by using cooking oil, you might have done better by using good 'ol diesel.

the Cooking oil is free behind any fast food joint. I've saved over a Grand already by running on cooking oil. The mechanic said the turbo was going to go out sooner or later, it's old. good news is it's only gonna cost $900 to fix it. We'll be back on the road probably no later than Friday. Thanks for all the positive feedback, Michelle is 26 weeks along now and due Dec 1st We're only broke at the moment due to the cost of the move anyway and I'll be back on top in a month so no worries about taking care of my GF and all that noise. We're both well fed happy and enjoying the time together crossing the country. Fort Collins is beautiful by the way, not a bad place to get stuck at all. We started a blog today if you guys want to check it out. www.weliveonabus.blogspot.com

Cheers, Dave

I live in denver and was at dia today...

Soooo I think the currency exchange is past security and you need a plane ticket to get there...it's in the B concourse I thought. Well then I looked it up and I was right.

http://flydenver.com/ServicesDetail.aspx?URI=tcm:8-13572

So you just dropped in went through security without a ticket took a train to the exchange and heard all about the RV? wowie! I don't think so.

• Upvote 1

Well if your dumb enough to cross country in a 1990 bus running on cooking oil with only 400 bucks to your name, Id really hate to think of what kinds of things you will be up to post rv. In my opinion the less dinar you and others like you have the better.

Who do you think you are, king midas?

• Upvote 1

Quoting: "I was debating how much to cash in when the girl behind the counter asked me why I wasn't going to wait for the RV to be announced. I asked her what she meant and she said the RV happened last week and they were waiting for the announcement. This totally Screwed my head up since I was about to cash it in... My pregnant GF was standing next to me and her reaction was priceless. She said "I think I'm gonna Puke." and then walked away as I second guessed myself on weather or not to cash in any of my investment. "

Now, I thought you all "guru knows nothing, but bashers know everything" would appology to OKIE, a real man/woman will react in an honorable way; but I am realizing that, you all bashers, are not men/women enough to recognize that you did wrong bashing and criticizing OKIE. Be man/woman enough and do so! ! !

• Downvote 1

We started a blog today if you guys want to check it out. www.weliveonabus.blogspot.com

Cheers, Dave

Hey there Busman! Not good to hear of your situation but glad you'll be back on the road Friday.

I did check out your blog and tried to leave a comment for you just to get it moving. I'm not too computer/internet savy so I dont understand why it didnt get posted.

But, May you have better days ahead!

PS. I hope for your sake that the RV is delayed..HOWEVER, I hope for the rest of us that it RV's before I can post this comment. (I know thats being a little double minded)

I live in denver and was at dia today...

Soooo I think the currency exchange is past security and you need a plane ticket to get there...it's in the B concourse I thought. Well then I looked it up and I was right.

http://flydenver.com/ServicesDetail.aspx?URI=tcm:8-13572

So you just dropped in went through security without a ticket took a train to the exchange and heard all about the RV? wowie! I don't think so.

That is not true. [quote Airport

Changing your money at the airport is convenient on your way out of or into town. WorldWide Money Exchange operates currency exchange services in the Denver International Airport on the fifth floor of the main terminal, outside of the security office. Foreign Money handles exchanges in A Terminal, while you'll find a Money Exchange counter in B Terminal. Look for the exchange counters in the core area near the escalators in both /quote]

My link

Edited by zigmeister

Well if your dumb enough to cross country in a 1990 bus running on cooking oil with only 400 bucks to your name, Id really hate to think of what kinds of things you will be up to post rv. In my opinion the less dinar you and others like you have the better.

Ha! well everyone is entitled to their opinion, I'm just more adventurous than most I guess. We started out with 2k but RV parks, unseen expenses, and small repairs along the way ate the money up.

Hey there Busman! Not good to hear of your situation but glad you'll be back on the road Friday.

I did check out your blog and tried to leave a comment for you just to get it moving. I'm not too

Thanks for checking it out, I'll see what's up with the feedback, it's our first attempt at a blog, I'm sure It'll get better with time.

Dont' know where you looked but I went in the North west wing just past seattle's best coffee outside of security. here's the number if you want to call them and ask if you need a ticket to exchange money, I think they have a website too (303) 342-0190

Ha! well everyone is entitled to their opinion, I'm just more adventurous than most I guess. We started out with 2k but RV parks, unseen expenses, and small repairs along the way ate the money up.

Thanks for checking it out, I'll see what's up with the feedback, it's our first attempt at a blog, I'm sure It'll get better with time.

Dont' know where you looked but I went in the North west wing just past seattle's best coffee outside of security. here's the number if you want to call them and ask if you need a ticket to exchange money, I think they have a website too (303) 342-0190

I did look it up and yup I saw where you went. I believe there is more than one place to cash in at the Denver Airport. I tried to post the link but I am not great at that gift. Anyway enjoy Colorado, Fort Collins is a sweet place to visit.

Guess you can only edit a post once huh?

I did look it up and yup I saw where you went. I believe there is more than one place to cash in at the Denver Airport. I tried to post the link but I am not great at that gift. Anyway enjoy Colorado, Fort Collins is a sweet place to visit.

here it is

http://flydenver.com/services?primaryType=Money+Exchange

Yah we really like it here, Michelle keeps telling me stuff like "Fort Collins was voted as No. 1 best place to live in 2001, 2nd place in 2006, and 6th in 2010 by money magazine. We should just stay here." lol, but she hasn't seen the North West yet. We'll see if she changes her tune once we get up to those evergreens and mountains. There is a chance we end up back here though, I can't think of a better place to get stuck, except maybe Fiji but it would take a lot of 55gal barrels for flotation and veggie oil to get the bus there.

Edited by diverdave
  • Upvote 1

When ever this situation arises and I don't have triple A I call them and sign up for it. For 60 dollars or so you will get 5 tows for a year and you can use a tow right away.

Travelers Advantage has a $1 trial for a month for towing & other services

When ever this situation arises and I don't have triple A I call them and sign up for it. For 60 dollars or so you will get 5 tows for a year and you can use a tow right away.

Travelers Advantage has a $1 trial for a month for towing & other services