Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

raising purchasing power-rv

sonny1

I simply cannot understand why people go at length to try to justify Turkey and Iraq are the ;same country'....and why they think Iraq has no better option than Turkey. They try hard to map Turkey's model on Iraq.....eventhough nothing fits.

The only similarity between the two country is ' delete the zeros'. And it ends right there.

Probably because the CBI uses them as an example.

That isn't exactly rocket science.

If the CBI used Guam as an example, there is a high probability someone wanting to understand why may research about Guam, in relationship with the CBI's comparison.

But wait, that's all smoke and mirrors, right?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

The similarity is that they have both expierenced hyperinflation which is all you need to fit.

they reached hyperinflation in a totally different manner. Turkey through their own course of action..with some weak economic foundation. Iraq, their hyperinflation was engineered on them, thorugh economics sanctions.

You cry more when people talk facts and get happy when people talk forum facts......

Its quite obvious of your understanding of whats being talked about......

If you had even the slightest idea of what Dalite refers to when speaking about Turkey, then you would apologize to him.....which you should anyway because of the immature and ignorant way you responded....

The CBI has stated many times over that this plan of deleting the zeros, used Turkey and Brazil as a template or "model" to follow....

Please educate yourself before opening your mouth next time and you wont look so foolish....

facts? who talks facts?

iraq would never follow turkeys nightmarish rd, you guys can post all the rd info you want, it doesnt mean ****, turkey was not u.s run, turkey has nothing to offer, does iraq? we all know the answer to that.

dalite i am not trying to be disrespectful, infact we were getting along til you blasted me yesterday, but no-one cares to read your rd b.s, seriously iraq would never commit suicide and rd, do you think a magician came in and wiped iraqs debt for free, dont get all defensive when people dont buy what your selling, find me one other article that iraq has put out of importance that wasnt a lie, and i start to listen...

• Upvote 5

so they are on a different platform totally.

Probably because the CBI uses them as an example.

That isn't exactly rocket science.

If the CBI used Guam as an example, there is a high probability someone wanting to understand why may research about Guam, in relationship with the CBI's comparison.

But wait, that's all smoke and mirrors, right?

Iwell..it isn't rocket science to figure out, Shabibi was refererring to their inflation when he said 'we could learn from Turkey'...not their LOP model.

Oh my! GO AWAY!

Dude you are so pathetic with the constant reposting of the same old crap everyday! Seriously dont you have something better to do with your time! Stop waisting space on the site with the same nonsense.

Facts???? Seriously??? you thnk comparing Iraq to Turkey is facts??? Comon man! Turkey was NOT and is NOT occupied by the United States Military! This whole thng is ALOT bigger than the currency you argue about everyday proving your "facts"!!!

You know there are alot of men and women out their fighting and dying for their country everyday so that you have the right to st their behind your keyboard on your lazya$$ everyday cuttin paisting the same crap comparing Iraq to Turkey! Man get a freaking life! Start thinking outside the box a little and stop waisting everyones time with your same ridiculous tired old posts everyday! Show a little more respect to people and ther intelligence. We all can read we know what you think by now!

For goodness sake find a woman or maybe get a dog and name him clue......I dont know but just bring something different! Howabout you head over to the LOP section where you belong! :P

Sorry, but inflation and it's effects don't care the least bit about how they got there and the countries wanting to remove those aspects don't either. It is what it is. There are no guarantees in currency speculation in the slightest. Is it what ANY of us want? Of course not. But it is what it is.

Why spend time complaining about other peoples viewpoint, and provide something of substance to substantiate your own viewpoint. Rather than attacking others, bolster your own viewpoint with something factual as well as contradictory. Show that either the numbers provided by the CBI and the IMF are inaccurate or ways that Iraq could fund such a massive change. Simply stating the 'go away' response, IMO, is the biggest cop out you can do and shows a complete lack of understanding of how the event would even transpire or what is involved.

• Upvote 5

Oh my! GO AWAY!

Dude you are so pathetic with the constant reposting of the same old crap everyday! Seriously dont you have something better to do with your time! Stop waisting space on the site with the same nonsense.

Facts???? Seriously??? you thnk comparing Iraq to Turkey is facts??? Comon man! Turkey was NOT and is NOT occupied by the United States Military! This whole thng is ALOT bigger than the currency you argue about everyday proving your "facts"!!!

You know there are alot of men and women out their fighting and dying for their country everyday so that you have the right to st their behind your keyboard on your lazya$ everyday cuttin paisting the same crap comparing Iraq to Turkey! Man get a freaking life! Start thinking outside the box a little and stop waisting everyones time with your same ridiculous tired old posts everyday! Show a little more respect to people and ther intelligence. We all can read we know what you think by now!

For goodness sake find a woman or maybe get a dog and name him clue......I dont know but just bring something different! Howabout you head over to the LOP section where you belong! :P

That's a new one!

they reached hyperinflation in a totally different manner. Turkey through their own course of action..with some weak economic foundation. Iraq, their hyperinflation was engineered on them, thorugh economics sanctions.

Iraqs hyperinflation was not engineered on them....was not forced.....it was a result of Saddams actions.....he could have managed the monetary policy properly, but he didnt......just like Turkey failed to manage their own as well.....of course the two countries are different in many ways....and they are the same in some....

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

I still believe the education campaign claims are incorrect. I think the articles have an ulterior motive. Of course they articles will state they're not going to increase the value.. Otherwise people would hoard IQD, and use USD. That is my .02, dollarization is an issue enough, speculation upon rumors over there probably do not help the cause. Does it say anything about their true intentions? No, and it also doesn't confirm or deny a R/D (LOP). But, I am sure when U.S. soldiers are buying up their currency, they are likely thinking we are doing so for good reaons...

I agree with ya about there being an ulterior motive with these "campaigns". You would think they had the common sense to be detailed oriented enough not to contradict themselves in so many articles if this was "education".

-One article says, "increase purchasing power", one says " doesnt affect purchasing power";

-one says, " implemented very soon", one says, "2-3 years";

- one article says," drop three zeros", one says, "add three zeros"

- one says, "raise zeros"' one says" lift zeros", one says "delete zeros", one says,"remove zeros".........hell......some articles use several terms at the same time.

-One says money supply "trillions to billions", one says "trillions to trillions"

The list goes on. Now what kind of education campaign is this? Lopsters like to blame it on typos. Not saying it's not typos because I truly don't know, but that's definately suspicious.

• Upvote 3

Sorry, but inflation and it's effects don't care the least bit about how they got there and the countries wanting to remove those aspects don't either. It is what it is. There are no guarantees in currency speculation in the slightest. Is it what ANY of us want? Of course not. But it is what it is.

Why spend time complaining about other peoples viewpoint, and provide something of substance to substantiate your own viewpoint. Rather than attacking others, bolster your own viewpoint with something factual as well as contradictory. Show that either the numbers provided by the CBI and the IMF are inaccurate or ways that Iraq could fund such a massive change. Simply stating the 'go away' response, IMO, is the biggest cop out you can do and shows a complete lack of understanding of how the event would even transpire or what is involved.

Right! It's like he should stand up like a man so he can be knocked like a bowling pin.

CRASH!

I agree with ya about there being an ulterior motive with these "campaigns". You would think they had the common sense to be detailed oriented enough not to contradict themselves in so many articles if this was "education".

-One article says, "increase purchasing power", one says " doesnt affect purchasing power";

-one says, " implemented very soon", one says, "2-3 years";

- one article says," drop three zeros", one says, "add three zeros"

- one says, "raise zeros"' one says" lift zeros", one says "delete zeros", one says,"remove zeros".........hell......some articles use several terms at the same time.

-One says money supply "trillions to billions", one says "trillions to trillions"

The list goes on. Now what kind of education campaign is this? Lopsters like to blame it on typos. Not saying it's not typos because I truly don't know, but that's definately suspicious.

Much of that situation has to do with our computer translations. Like with raising of three zeros. When you raise a house you tear it down.

If the day ever comes that you have something of substance to bring to the discussion, I hope someone let's me know.

I have never seen you do anything but whine.

While you are whining tonight, you better whine ti Shabibi.

Turkey is his comparison, not mine.

But, you never keep up with the news articles, so you wouldn't know.

Really, would you like some Cheese with that Whine???

I'm not planning on going anywhere.

Whining??? Thats what you think Im doing! LMAO old man I dont whine about nothing! This is internet forum where the only way possible is to tell you what I think of you.....believe me where I come from if we were face to face and you were running that mouthpiece of yours youd definitely wouldnt hear may say anything to you. However your comparisons and your stray dog approach to this whole thing is just simply old and worn out so I speak for many out there who dont even post their comments on this site because of you and your lopper homeys who run around the site pattin eachother on the back cause you all are just soooo darn smart! Know one can get anything past you!

What you fail to realize is just like your lopper buddys...you all are truly the pathetic ones not the people who believe in this! See we are here tracking the progress on this investment to hopefully hit it big! But you know if it doesnt happen (an RV that is) then no harm no foul! I am heavily invested in this but unlike you who will still be sittin there in that chair behind your computer running your yap on some other chat board cause it makes you feel important...me....I will move on and keep workin my a$$ off to provide for my family the way I always have. But I can assure you that I wouldnt be hanging around here waisting my time for the peanuts this thing brings! Time is money their buddy and I dont waiste my time. You on tbe other hand are a complete miserable waiste but dont worry this RV is gettin ready to take place whether you believe it or not. This is much bigger than the stupid currency articles and data that you research. Your blinded by it all. Theres a bigger picture that your overlookin.

Honestly you seem just a little smarter than that! As far as the research that I have done...well thats something you really have no clue about but you state it as fact. You dont know me or anything about me. Just like you know nothing about this investment.

Its all much bigger than the currency articles you argue everyday. Wow that would be nice if this thing were that simple.

And btw....I know you dont plan on going anywhere. Youd have to get your a$$ off that chair and we all know you aint doing that! Go RV!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Ok, lets take a look at how yall love to compare apples and oranges, lopsters in general love to say iraq will do as turkey did. Im not so sure, they seem different. Iraq has done a better job with inflation with no lop.

Turkeys inflation percentages years 2002 45.2, 2003 25.3, 2004 9.3, lop. 2005 8.2.

Iraqs inflation percentages years 2006 64.8, 2007 4.7, 2008 6.8, 2009 6.8, 2010 4.2.

In comparison, Iraq would qualify as reigning in inflation. Surprise insanely low inflation numbers for years, no lop.

Nobody is claiming that Iraq has not reigned in their inflation. YOU stated that Turkey hadn't done so. There is no time table for when a country has to redenominate their currency, if they even choose to do so. But at the same time, there are NO examples of any country reducing inflation then miraculously revaluing their currency to a point that their monetary system is 1,000 times or more valuable than it was before they even suffered the inflation problems.

Nobody that holds dinar wants it to happen that way, but unfortunately it is what they have stated their intent is way too many times to simply ignore.

Dalite i am not trying to be disrespectful, infact we were getting along til you blasted me yesterday, but no-one cares to read your rd b.s, seriously iraq would never commit suicide and rd, do you think a magician came in and wiped iraqs debt for free, dont get all defensive when people dont buy what your selling, find me one other article that iraq has put out of importance that wasnt a lie, and i start to listen...

Sonny,

If you think that Shabibi would allow the world to read deliberate lies about their plan to guide the Iraqi economy, totally trashing the credibility and causing potential investors to no longer see Iraq as a good investment, then there isn't much need for any discussion.

Do you even realize what would be the ramifications of the Central Bank of Iraq telegraphing to the whole world that may be considering investing there that everything they publish is a lie?

You seem to have an aversion to historical fact and proven examples, and a love for fairy dust.

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm not buying what you are selling.

I am waiting for you to help me understand, as you said you could.

I am as tired of the BS as anyone here, but I don't think it is coming from the same place that you do.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I'm not sure how, but I read that with Spock's alternates voice in my head. I like it.

We can go to the bank after it RV's to 1:1 and they will still be outside the bank

holding their signs saying LOP!!

You mean you would go to the ZIONIST banks and cash out on a 1 to 1. You wont be bashing ISRAEL and ranting and raving about how we (america) is controlled by them?

I agree with this post but that conspiracy theory and blaming the ZIONISTS was a bit over the top.

At least something is in agreement...

Peace and hope you learn enough to reason on that theory of who is running the show.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

iraq would never follow turkeys nightmarish rd, you guys can post all the rd info you want, it doesnt mean ****, turkey was not u.s run, turkey has nothing to offer, does iraq? we all know the answer to that.

You keep saying that Turkeys RD was horrible and almost destroyed them but yet their inflation has remained stable, the value of the Lira went way up, and in fact articles were posted not too long ago about how they were going to raise the value of their currency again by a small percentage.....

What was so bad sonny? Turkey has turned themselves around bigtime since the years of hyperinflation....

CurrencyTurkish lira (TRY)[1]Fiscal yearcalendar yearTrade organisationsG-20 major economies, OECD, EU Customs Union, WTO, ECO, BSECStatisticsGDP$1.116 Trillion[2] (2010)GDP growth8.2% (2010)GDP per capita$10,399[3] (Nominal) (2010)

$14,580[4] (PPP) (2010)GDP by sectoragriculture: 9.4%; industry: 25.9%;services: 64.7% (2009 est.)Inflation (CPI)3.99%[5] (March 2011)Gini index41 (2008)Labour force25.3 million (2009 est.) note: about 1.2 million Turks work abroadLabour force

by occupationagriculture: 29.5%, industry: 24.7%, services: 45.8%[6] (2005)Unemployment9%[7] (April 2011)Main industriestextiles, food processing, autos,electronics, tourism mining (coal,chromate, copper, boron), steel,petroleum, construction, lumber, paperEase of Doing Business Rank65th[8]ExternalExports$113.93 billion (2010)[9]Export goodsapparel, foodstuffs, textiles, metal manufactures, transport equipmentMain export partnersGermany 9.6%, France 6.1%, U.K.5.8%, Italy 5.8%, Iraq 5% (2009 est.)Imports$185.49 billion (2010)[9]Import goodsmachinery, chemicals, semi-finished goods, fuels, transport equipmentMain import partnersRussia 14%, Germany 10%, China9%, U.S. 6.1%, Italy 5.4%, France 5% (2009 est.)FDI stock$205 billion (31 December 2009 est.)Gross external debt$274 billion (31 December 2009 est.)Public financesPublic debt48.5% of GDP (2009 est.)Revenues$145.3 billion (2009)Expenses$180.6 billion (2009)Credit rating

Foreign reservesUS$92.170 billion (March 2011)[12]Main data source: CIA World Fact Book

All values, unless otherwise stated, are in US dollarsCurrencyIraqi dinar (IQD)Trade organisationsOPECStatisticsGDP$117.7 billion (2010 est.)GDP growth5.5% (2010 est.)GDP per capita$3,600 (2010 est.)GDP by sectoragriculture: 9.7%; industry: 63%; services: 27.3% (2010 est.)Inflation (CPI)4.2% (2010 est.)Population

below poverty line25% (2008 est.)Labour force8.5 million (2009 est.)Labour force

by occupationagriculture: 21.6%; industry: 18.7%; services: 59.8%Unemployment15.3% (2009 est.)Main industriespetroleum, chemicals, textiles, leather, construction materials, food processing, fertilizer, metal fabrication/processingEase of Doing Business Rank166th[1]ExternalExports$49.1 billion (2010 est.)Export goodscrude oil 84%, crude materials excluding fuels 8%, food and live animals 5%Main export partnersUnited States 27.62%, India 14.45%,Italy 10.14%, South Korea 8.62%,Taiwan 5.61%, China 4.23%,Netherlands 4.13%, Japan 3.99% (2009)Imports$42.56 billion (2010 est.)Import goodsfood, medicine, manufacturesMain import partnersTurkey 24.99%, Syria 17.36%, United States 8.66%, China 6.79%, Jordan4.17%, Italy 3.98%, Germany 3.97% (2009)Gross external debt$52.58 billion (31 December 2010 est.)Public financesRevenues$52.8 billion (2010 est.)Expenses$72.4 billion (2010 est.)Foreign reserves$45.68 billion (31 December 2010 est.)

• Downvote 2

Sonny,

If you think that Shabibi would allow the world to read deliberate lies about their plan to guide the Iraqi economy, totally trashing the credibility and causing potential investors to no longer see Iraq as a good investment, then there isn't much need for any discussion.

Do you even realize what would be the ramifications of the Central Bank of Iraq telegraphing to the whole world that may be considering investing there that everything they publish is a lie?

You seem to have an aversion to historical fact and proven examples, and a love for fairy dust.

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm not buying what you are selling.

I am waiting for you to help me understand, as you said you could.

I am as tired of the BS as anyone here, but I don't think it is coming from the same place that you do.

find me one article of importance that was truthful coming out of iraq, will you at least agree that iraq lies more than okie, can you atleast do that?

yes i do think iraq would mislead on there intentions, there articles on this whole thing are so vague, translations are very poor at best, what are they going to say go out and buy our money its going to be worth a fortune...... answer....probably not.

what happened to there debt, did david copperfield come in and make it disappear, you really have no clue what is standing there in front of us. this is so much bigger than you think, turkey had no one else involved, iraq has every major country involved, with debt freeing them, or saving them and freeing them. shabbs would never tip his hand, i knew it was a lie the first time saleh said rd.

• Upvote 8

You cry more when people talk facts and get happy when people talk forum facts......

Its quite obvious of your understanding of whats being talked about......

If you had even the slightest idea of what Dalite refers to when speaking about Turkey, then you would apologize to him.....which you should anyway because of the immature and ignorant way you responded....

The CBI has stated many times over that this plan of deleting the zeros, used Turkey and Brazil as a template or "model" to follow....

Please educate yourself before opening your mouth next time and you wont look so foolish....

Keep! Hey man! How did I know you would be here after your long day fixin cars! LMAO

Your biggest tool on this sight! I was watchin soony1 call you out today and again tonight but you dont dare argue with him for your obvious fear of being booted off the sight again! Always stickin that big nose of yours in someone elses business. Always tryin to sooo hard to make me out to be a whiner cause I say. what so many others on here think! You all say tbe same crap everyday.

"educate yourself" "look at the M2" "look at inflation" "look what Turkey did" blah blah blah weve heard ut all 1000x times!

I understand exactly what Dalite and you and all your lopper bf's say. "shabs said it" "not me" Turkey and Iraq are not even close in comparison. You guys are soooo stinkin smart you cant get nothing past you! LMAO dude ive told your baby boy a$$ before....they will NEVER come out and tell you what their going to do!

Listen up youngster....no one has any factual knowlwdge of how this thing unfolds. BUT if I werw you or one of your bf's I wouldnt be waisting my time hear if I thought for one second it was guna LOP! Time is money youngster and this is tip for you since your guna be a daddy soon....dont waiste your time on something if your not gona profit from it...TIME IS $$$

And im not talking about peanuts liitle man!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

MONDAY, AUGUST 15, 2011

Nice ~ Possible Revaluation ~ Turkish Lira Strengthens After Central Bank Says Currency Undervalued ...

turkish%2Blira%2B2011mypic1.jpgAugust 15, 2011

Lira Strengthens After Central Bank Says Currency Undervalued

Turkey’s lira climbed against the dollar after central bank Governor Erdem Basci said the currency was undervalued and a rapid solution to Europe’s debt problems may drive the lira higher.

The lira strengthened as much as 0.9 percent after Basci’s comments and traded 0.5 percent stronger at 1.7692 per dollar by 5:12 p.m. in Istanbul, gaining for a second day and trimming this month’s loss to 4.6 percent. The currency headed for its strongest close in almost a week.

The lira is about 5 percent or 10 percent undervalued against the equally weighted dollar and euro basket and may appreciate should there be a rapid solution to the European debt crisis, Basci said in a televised interview with CNN Turk news channel today.

The central bank “thinks that demand for the Turkish lira will increase because of monetary easing abroad and the Federal Reserve will have to resort to that too,” Tufan Comert, a strategist at Garanti Securities, wrote in a note to clients. Basci’s comments indicate that the lira should trade between 1.60 and 1.68 per dollar, Comert said. The currency last traded near this range in July.

The Turkish central bank sold $100 million in an auction today, equaling the highest amount it has offered since starting the daily currency sales on Aug. 5 in an effort to curb recent declines in the lira a day after it cut interest rates to a record low of 5.75 percent. Its dollar sales totaled $490 million since Aug. 5.

Growth Versus Lira

The bank reduced the benchmark one-week repo rate to 5.75 percent from 6.25 percent at an emergency meeting on Aug. 4, saying the measure was designed to limit the impact of the European crisis on Turkish growth.

“By pre-emptively cutting the one-week repo rate by 50 basis points, the Turkish central bank made clear that its focus was growth, not the Turkish lira,” Thomas Costerg, an economist at Standard Chartered Bank Plc in London, wrote in e-mailed comments.

The Turkish central bank seems to be “backpedaling” by increasing its foreign-currency auctions, Costerg said. “However, it is likely that investors will remain focused on the ‘original sin’ of the rate cut, which has led to an irremediable correlation of the lira to the euro-area debt problems.”

The lira has lost 8.3 percent to the dollar in the second half to date, making it the worst-performing currency worldwide, as worries about a record-high current-account deficit weighed on investor sentiments towards Turkey.

“The issue is that the euro-area problems are unlikely to dissipate in the short term, and the lira may well remain under pressure as a result,” said Costerg.

Benchmark two-year bond yields decreased three basis points, or 0.03 percentage point, to 8.11 percent, according to a Turk Ekonomi Bankasi local bond index.

<a href="http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-08-15/lira-gains-2nd-day-on-possible-steps-to-resolve-eu-debt-crisis.html"'>http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-08-15/lira-gains-2nd-day-on-possible-steps-to-resolve-eu-debt-crisis.html" style="color: rgb(68, 85, 102); ">http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-08-15/lira-gains-2nd-day-on-possible-steps-to-resolve-eu-debt-crisis.html

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

You keep saying that Turkeys RD was horrible and almost destroyed them but yet their inflation has remained stable, the value of the Lira went way up, and in fact articles were posted not too long ago about how they were going to raise the value of their currency again by a small percentage.....

What was so bad sonny? Turkey has turned themselves around bigtime since the years of hyperinflation....

CurrencyTurkish lira (TRY)[1]Fiscal yearcalendar yearTrade organisationsG-20 major economies, OECD, EU Customs Union, WTO, ECO, BSECStatisticsGDP$1.116 Trillion[2] (2010)GDP growth8.2% (2010)GDP per capita$10,399[3] (Nominal) (2010)

$14,580[4] (PPP) (2010)GDP by sectoragriculture: 9.4%; industry: 25.9%;services: 64.7% (2009 est.)Inflation (CPI)3.99%[5] (March 2011)Gini index41 (2008)Labour force25.3 million (2009 est.) note: about 1.2 million Turks work abroadLabour force

by occupationagriculture: 29.5%, industry: 24.7%, services: 45.8%[6] (2005)Unemployment9%[7] (April 2011)Main industriestextiles, food processing, autos,electronics, tourism mining (coal,chromate, copper, boron), steel,petroleum, construction, lumber, paperEase of Doing Business Rank65th[8]ExternalExports$113.93 billion (2010)[9]Export goodsapparel, foodstuffs, textiles, metal manufactures, transport equipmentMain export partnersGermany 9.6%, France 6.1%, U.K.5.8%, Italy 5.8%, Iraq 5% (2009 est.)Imports$185.49 billion (2010)[9]Import goodsmachinery, chemicals, semi-finished goods, fuels, transport equipmentMain import partnersRussia 14%, Germany 10%, China9%, U.S. 6.1%, Italy 5.4%, France 5% (2009 est.)FDI stock$205 billion (31 December 2009 est.)Gross external debt$274 billion (31 December 2009 est.)Public financesPublic debt48.5% of GDP (2009 est.)Revenues$145.3 billion (2009)Expenses$180.6 billion (2009)Credit rating

Foreign reservesUS$92.170 billion (March 2011)[12]Main data source: CIA World Fact Book

All values, unless otherwise stated, are in US dollarsCurrencyIraqi dinar (IQD)Trade organisationsOPECStatisticsGDP$117.7 billion (2010 est.)GDP growth5.5% (2010 est.)GDP per capita$3,600 (2010 est.)GDP by sectoragriculture: 9.7%; industry: 63%; services: 27.3% (2010 est.)Inflation (CPI)4.2% (2010 est.)Population

below poverty line25% (2008 est.)Labour force8.5 million (2009 est.)Labour force

by occupationagriculture: 21.6%; industry: 18.7%; services: 59.8%Unemployment15.3% (2009 est.)Main industriespetroleum, chemicals, textiles, leather, construction materials, food processing, fertilizer, metal fabrication/processingEase of Doing Business Rank166th[1]ExternalExports$49.1 billion (2010 est.)Export goodscrude oil 84%, crude materials excluding fuels 8%, food and live animals 5%Main export partnersUnited States 27.62%, India 14.45%,Italy 10.14%, South Korea 8.62%,Taiwan 5.61%, China 4.23%,Netherlands 4.13%, Japan 3.99% (2009)Imports$42.56 billion (2010 est.)Import goodsfood, medicine, manufacturesMain import partnersTurkey 24.99%, Syria 17.36%, United States 8.66%, China 6.79%, Jordan4.17%, Italy 3.98%, Germany 3.97% (2009)Gross external debt$52.58 billion (31 December 2010 est.)Public financesRevenues$52.8 billion (2010 est.)Expenses$72.4 billion (2010 est.)Foreign reserves$45.68 billion (31 December 2010 est.)

it initially devalued when the rd'd, iraq cant take that hit at this time, shabbs has said they have a lot to learn from turkey, not that they were going to do a rd, i am talking shabbs not saleh. they said raise purchasing power, turkey's was devalued at first.....little things you have to look at ya know. lol

congrats on your soon to be new addition, hopefully the child doesnt look like you. lol.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Keep! Hey man! How did I know you would be here after your long day fixin cars! LMAO

Your biggest tool on this sight! I was watchin soony1 call you out today and again tonight but you dont dare argue with him for your obvious fear of being booted off the sight again! Always stickin that big nose of yours in someone elses business. Always tryin to sooo hard to make me out to be a whiner cause I say. what so many others on here think! You all say tbe same crap everyday.

"educate yourself" "look at the M2" "look at inflation" "look what Turkey did" blah blah blah weve heard ut all 1000x times!

I understand exactly what Dalite and you and all your lopper bf's say. "shabs said it" "not me" Turkey and Iraq are not even close in comparison. You guys are soooo stinkin smart you cant get nothing past you! LMAO dude ive told your baby boy a$ before....they will NEVER come out and tell you what their going to do!

Listen up youngster....no one has any factual knowlwdge of how this thing unfolds. BUT if I werw you or one of your bf's I wouldnt be waisting my time hear if I thought for one second it was guna LOP! Time is money youngster and this is tip for you since your guna be a daddy soon....dont waiste your time on something if your not gona profit from it...TIME IS $$

You must run through alot of tissues......thats all you do!! Hahaha you cant even hold an intelligent debate about anything or bring anything of validity to the table.....

Me and Sonny have respect for eachother so we DEBATE things all the time....thats how normal people that can hold conversation do it....he can actually talk about something relevant instead of crying like you do....thats why you have no reason to speak to anyone the way you do....because all you do is complain and whine to ANYONE that might question anything that states we will wake up rich.....get a grip....

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

Iraqs hyperinflation was not engineered on them....was not forced.....it was a result of Saddams actions.....he could have managed the monetary policy properly, but he didnt......just like Turkey failed to manage their own as well.....of course the two countries are different in many ways....and they are the same in some....

Keep, we see things differently. But i can always respect your perspective and how you put forward your discussion....

I agree with you that it was Saddams action.. but when talk about Saddam, we can all agree that it was mostly his politics and how he treated some of his own people. But economically, he did not fail...not that miserably enough to cause hyperinflation. Iraq were put under economics sanctions because of his doings....and that led to hyperinflation eventually.

Turkey was something else.....eventhough their hyperinflation was the results of their own doings....(add earthquake that almost crippled their economy) but economically...their own foundation were weak then.

• Upvote 1

I understand exactly what Dalite and you and all your lopper bf's say. "shabs said it" "not me" Turkey and Iraq are not even close in comparison. You guys are soooo stinkin smart you cant get nothing past you! LMAO dude ive told your baby boy a$$ before....they will NEVER come out and tell you what their going to do!

Listen up youngster....no one has any factual knowlwdge of how this thing unfolds. BUT if I werw you or one of your bf's I wouldnt be waisting my time hear if I thought for one second it was guna LOP! Time is money youngster and this is tip for you since your guna be a daddy soon....dont waiste your time on something if your not gona profit from it...TIME IS $$$

keep and i are cool, please dont bash him, he is a smart fellow, and brings his A game to this site

plus deep down i know he thinks it will rv...

• Upvote 2

Why would a country have one of the most sophisticated currencies in THE WORLD with NO value? Why would ALL the major players go to Iraq to INVEST? Why would a country that has been held down for a decade come out with a currency that is worthless when the countries around them - with LESS TO OFFER have a more valuable currency??? Why with ALL their assets would they not have a internationally recognized and trade-able currency? Answer: THEY FREAKIN WOULDN'T!!!! Do yourselves a favor and FOLLOW THE F***ING MONEY!!! How many of you on here have a net worth of over a million? What... what was that??? Huh... just what I thought... Not many - if any at all! FOLLOW THE MONEY, people.... you WON'T regret it B)

Like I said: RV to RD to DE-DOLLARIZE. They win. We win.

If anything they are using Turkey as a reference of what NOT TO DO!!

Peace and hugs to all invested! ;)

• Upvote 8