Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

raising purchasing power-rv

sonny1

Threatned by you baby boy??? U let me know when u want to get together and i will knock that loud mouth of yours out!

The last 2 paragraphs here say it all to me. Good luck with all that dumbass!

laugh.giflaugh.gif Thats it? laugh.gif Pretty typical response expected from people like you.....your really just helping me prove my point....appreciate it buddy!!!

I think next time, Ill just let you do all of the talking hows that sound? LOL

• Upvote 7

But what would the dinar being traded internationally have to do with everyday use in the streets and with the citizens?? Im not sure that the dinar really was ever internationally traded.....and if it was it was probly decades ago....Im not so sure that would be a deciding factor in whether the citizen uses dinar or USD....

The way I see it, taking away the zeros is more then just a visual affect.....because once they are gone and they have that new currency in hand, it would be almost no different from using a new 10 dinar vs a 10 dollar bill.....except the fact that the dinar can now purchase the same thing as that 10 dollar bill would (there is the purchasing price difference) and now they can use that Iraqi dinar with pride knowing its their own currency and it actually has some credibility for use everyday....I think the pride factor would play a bigger part then what we think....

Of course there are a lot of "IFs" that we are all unsure of....they could very well restrict the use of the USD once the dinar is brought up on par with it but I see that as a last resort type of deal....I have faith regardless of how they close the gap between the USD and the dinar, that the USD will lose its place among the citizens as a preferable currency (and of course thats if the majority of them are using USD)

Well, I am basing my judgment off of the idea that they are shooting for a free-market economy. And other factors would include the idea of going the western route. They may wish to use their computers & online connections and order up products from across seas (like the U.S.)...

3 zeros or no zeros, the value remains the same. Can't really see why some would be more enticed to use the new notes just because they removed three zeros.. Like I stated, it already appears as if they pretend they're not there anyways... So, why would any of that really change?? Just because in reality they are no longer visible, it would push them to use it? Ya - doubt it.

I think the CBI would fear that people would view the new notes as a loss of wealth. That is a potential issue.

Traded currency... It may be easier to travel abroad if you can easily convert your IQD to another domestic currency. Imagine if Shabibi came over with 5,000,000 IQD and wanted to get some USD and buy U.S. goods.. Hmm, good luck with that, right? Hope he was prepared and came with USD. Which I am sure he has access to anyways, but I am just providing an example.

Remember, we're speaking about a psychological factor here, for the most part. Revenue-neutral event, I can't see how 3 less zeros, yet the same value would create motivation for citizens to use the new currency. They'd either continue using IQD like they already do, or remain using the USD.

Another factor.. Some may revert to using the USD just to avoid confusing situations. Trying to keep track of two separate currencies may be an issue. You buy an item with a couple 10ks, 25ks along with 10s and 25s... I could see that being an annoyance. Instead, you just roll in, flop a few $100 bills down and say "I'll take this please.." haha

For all you loppers, re-dominators etc, Iraq will have to RV the money if they want to get the people away from using the dollar. If they lop-re-dominate the currency, Iraqi's will continue to use the dollar, and Iraq's currency will become worthless. They need to go ahead and RV it just above the dollar, then the problem will be solved, and Iraq will be on their way to greatness in the economic world. Iraq needs to act now, not next month, not next year, because inflation is going to get out of hand, and investors are going to start going elsewhere. All these petty arguments, and bashing one another is nothing but childs play, and if you people want this to become properous, you need to get positive, and leave the negativity behind.

As much as I am an optimistic person... I highly doubt they would R/V at a 1,000 times its current value or more, just to appease dollarization. Would your claim be a factor in a R/V? Yes... But not the driving factor...

Just my 0.02...

• Upvote 1

Well, I am basing my judgment off of the idea that they are shooting for a free-market economy. And other factors would include the idea of going the western route. They may wish to use their computers & online connections and order up products from across seas (like the U.S.)...

3 zeros or no zeros, the value remains the same. Can't really see why some would be more enticed to use the new notes just because they removed three zeros.. Like I stated, it already appears as if they pretend they're not there anyways... So, why would any of that really change?? Just because in reality they are no longer visible, it would push them to use it? Ya - doubt it.

I think the CBI would fear that people would view the new notes as a loss of wealth. That is a potential issue.

Traded currency... It may be easier to travel abroad if you can easily convert your IQD to another domestic currency. Imagine if Shabibi came over with 5,000,000 IQD and wanted to get some USD and buy U.S. goods.. Hmm, good luck with that, right? Hope he was prepared and came with USD. Which I am sure he has access to anyways, but I am just providing an example.

Remember, we're speaking about a psychological factor here, for the most part. Revenue-neutral event, I can't see how 3 less zeros, yet the same value would create motivation for citizens to use the new currency. They'd either continue using IQD like they already do, or remain using the USD.

Another factor.. Some may revert to using the USD just to avoid confusing situations. Trying to keep track of two separate currencies may be an issue. You buy an item with a couple 10ks, 25ks along with 10s and 25s... I could see that being an annoyance. Instead, you just roll in, flop a few $100 bills down and say "I'll take this please.." haha

As much as I am an optimistic person... I highly doubt they would R/V at a 1,000 times its current value or more, just to appease dollarization. Would your claim be a factor in a R/V? Yes... But not the driving factor...

Just my 0.02...

I think if the Dinar had the same numbers on them and the same value as the USD then a lot of Iraqis would begin to use more Dinars than they currently do just because there'd be no difference between the two currencies. It wouldn't matter which currency they used.

I think if the Dinar had the same numbers on them and the same value as the USD then a lot of Iraqis would begin to use more Dinars than they currently do just because there'd be no difference between the two currencies. It wouldn't matter which currency they used.

Agreed.....Im basing all of this of course off of the fact that even if those turd balls pass the delete the zeros plan, that when the process is over, they will put the value of the dinar on par with the USD.....I think that in itself would make the dinar more popular to use and would de-dollarize Iraq naturally....

For all you loppers, re-dominators etc, Iraq will have to RV the money if they want to get the people away from using the dollar. If they lop-re-dominate the currency, Iraqi's will continue to use the dollar, and Iraq's currency will become worthless. They need to go ahead and RV it just above the dollar, then the problem will be solved, and Iraq will be on their way to greatness in the economic world. Iraq needs to act now, not next month, not next year, because inflation is going to get out of hand, and investors are going to start going elsewhere. All these petty arguments, and bashing one another is nothing but childs play, and if you people want this to become properous, you need to get positive, and leave the negativity behind.

Huh?

If they redenominate then their currency will be worthless? What are you talking about? It will be worth the same as the USD. I dont know where you are getting this mindset from but WOW!!! I have seen some wishful thinkers and some blind believers but you even give JW11 a run for his money in the delusion department. Look Iraq might RD then again they might not but everything you are saying is absolutely false. It makes me wonder if you even realize that. Your last sentence really says it all. If we all think positive then this will turn out to be prosperous? What? Economics doesnt give a frog fart about your positivity.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Huh?

If they redenominate then their currency will be worthless? What are you talking about? It will be worth the same as the USD. I dont know where you are getting this mindset from but WOW!!! I have seen some wishful thinkers and some blind believers but you even give JW11 a run for his money in the delusion department. Look Iraq might RD then again they might not but everything you are saying is absolutely false. It makes me wonder if you even realize that. Your last sentence really says it all. If we all think positive then this will turn out to be prosperous? What? Economics doesnt give a frog fart about your positivity.

Ahh, but the Universe does. In fact, that ole' Universe cares about positivity so much that those feelings are actually its leading edge.

• Downvote 2

Ehhh maybe for some, but not all.

If they're accustomed to using USD, they'll likely continue to use USD. They're used to it, it's available, places accept it, so why change?

It isn't hard to "pretend" zeros don't exist and use the IQD if they wanted to.

They need incentive... It needs to benefit them.

Force-feeding them lower-denominations, having two separate IQDs exist in the market, and having USD along side it may cause issues.

It is a great possibility it won't fix the problem of dollarization. There is no arguing that, because I labeled it "great possibility."

• Upvote 1

In the market either currencies would be given in change. And if the Central Bank began pulling the Dollars eventually they'd be all gone except for those being held onto. But since the Dollars would being held onto, they wouldn't be in active circulation. And only a fool would hang onto them as the Dollars would become worth less and less as days go by. And IF the Dinar was allowed to float and not be pegged to the USD, dinars would progressively rise in value and purchasing power. ONLY A FOOL would prefer using a USD, then, and that would include US Citizens, and every country in the world.

A lot of "if" statements there. If removing USD from the market was to eliminate the dollarization threat, it would have already been done. This would mean, no necessary need for a re-denomination. Also, some people are quite resistant to change. Dollarization existed before the new currency was introduced w/ the old regime notes, it existed when the new (current) IQD was introduced, therefore it very well may exist when the newly re-denominated currency is released. Some people are resistant to change. How to solve this? Give incentives to use the IQD, while still pulling it from the market.

• Upvote 1

A lot of "if" statements there. If removing USD from the market was to eliminate the dollarization threat, it would have already been done. This would mean, no necessary need for a re-denomination. Also, some people are quite resistant to change. Dollarization existed before the new currency was introduced w/ the old regime notes, it existed when the new (current) IQD was introduced, therefore it very well may exist when the newly re-denominated currency is released. Some people are resistant to change. How to solve this? Give incentives to use the IQD, while still pulling it from the market.

I think we should vote you as the new advisor to the cbi.....get saleh out cause you have better theories to get the dinar up in value then they do apparently.....

Everyone who thinks darin should get the job say I!!!!!

I think we should vote you as the new advisor to the cbi.....get saleh out cause you have better theories to get the dinar up in value then they do apparently.....

Everyone who thinks darin should get the job say I!!!!!

Smart-alic!

I just find it laughable how people think by omitting 3 zeros, suddenly dollarization is no longer a threat.

It'll still exist, maybe not at the same level, but it would still exist.

Of course I am generally speaking in terms of a revenue-neutral event.

Why?

Those that are used to using USD will continue to do so instead of trying to keep track of two other exchange rates.

They know they're in a safe-haven with the USD. They know they can convert their USD to whatever they need to.

They know that basically all markets will accept the USD. They don't need to waste their time attempting to learn all the details about the new IQD.

Simply put, there is no incentive for them to go to a bank and exchange their USD for the new IQD.

So, maybe it will work on some people who continue to use USD, and hate the the IQD because of the presence of 3 zeros. But, what about those that are converting to USD in fear of a loss in value of their IQD. Some may fear what the final outcome of the new IQD will be. We've read those articles where currency traders were selling pennies on the dollar for IQD.

Its also why many people who proclaim a R/V, state it has to be above a dollar.. To get them off the dollar. Incentives...

It is just opinion(s).. I'm not more or less right than anyone else.. So it is basically pointless to argue.

• Upvote 1

Huh?

Actually the immortal genius Einstein said that imagination is more important than knowledge.

There are plenty of links to find his quote. So spinkle that all over your lopster and boil it. Straight from pure genius, you cant do anything about that. So just love it up and enjoy. Ohhh yeeeahhh victory feels so good. Mhhmmm go rvvvv...oh yeah... :D:rolleyes:B);)

• Upvote 1

Apparently you didn't notice how I talked about removing Dollars slowly. By the time they were gone they would be of less value than Dinars, so only an idiot would then miss them.

Now THE REASON that the Dollars have not already been pulled is because doing that would make for a lot of unhappy campers. In fact, it woulds really tick 'em off. Make sense? If so, there is your REASON why this has not "already been done."

No, the reason that the dollar has not been pulled for the market, is because it would cripple the market. I "bet" that if we were to count up the value of USD in their local economy vs. IQD in terms of USD value, the USD outweighs the IQD.

27-31 Trillion printed bills has a value of basically $23.22-26.66 Billion dollars.

In the 80s, they were running 25 Billion Dinars at a much higher sustained rate ($3)... ($75-80 Billion of USD value in their currency)

Basically, the amount of IQD in circulation within their economy is 1/3 in value of what it was in the 1980s.

This is not accounting for inflation, cost of living expenses, population increases, and so forth.

Now, a revenue-neutral event may get them off the dollar slowly, but in the end they'll still fall short of what they need to run their local economy. Than, they have to consider that the population is likely to increase much more drastically over the 10-15 years. More mouths to feed, requires more working people. There are a lot of young children (orphans, etc.) that need to find work to be able to support themsevles and any families they wish to have. So, they have to increase their rate over 3 times just to meet the 1980s value. Than counter in inflation, and increate it again. And, if they enter a more free-market society, they may have even more demand.

I think the length of time this is taking is due to the idea that they're making sure they do it right. They're planning for the long-term, not a simple fix.

The abundance of the USD in the market today was from the US Govt. They shipped frozen assets of the old regime to be put into their market to prop it up. It was easily billions of USD... Not sure on the exact figures, but it was high enough where several billion could go missing unnoticed until accounting was able to account for it as missing.

But, we get to wait & see and find out what unfolds.

• Upvote 1

No, the reason that the dollar has not been pulled for the market, is because it would cripple the market. I "bet" that if we were to count up the value of USD in their local economy vs. IQD in terms of USD value, the USD outweighs the IQD.

27-31 Trillion printed bills has a value of basically $23.22-26.66 Billion dollars.

In the 80s, they were running 25 Billion Dinars at a much higher sustained rate ($3)... ($75-80 Billion of USD value in their currency)

Basically, the amount of IQD in circulation within their economy is 1/3 in value of what it was in the 1980s.

This is not accounting for inflation, cost of living expenses, population increases, and so forth.

Now, a revenue-neutral event may get them off the dollar slowly, but in the end they'll still fall short of what they need to run their local economy. Than, they have to consider that the population is likely to increase much more drastically over the 10-15 years. More mouths to feed, requires more working people. There are a lot of young children (orphans, etc.) that need to find work to be able to support themsevles and any families they wish to have. So, they have to increase their rate over 3 times just to meet the 1980s value. Than counter in inflation, and increate it again. And, if they enter a more free-market society, they may have even more demand.

I think the length of time this is taking is due to the idea that they're making sure they do it right. They're planning for the long-term, not a simple fix.

The abundance of the USD in the market today was from the US Govt. They shipped frozen assets of the old regime to be put into their market to prop it up. It was easily billions of USD... Not sure on the exact figures, but it was high enough where several billion could go missing unnoticed until accounting was able to account for it as missing.

But, we get to wait & see and find out what unfolds.

Buuuuuuuuuttttttttt IF the RD rolls through and the 30 trillion is dropped to 30 billion, and the now increased reserves to 58 billion could practically support a 2 dollar rate at that point, then it surely would put them alot closer to the mark of where they used to be.......and I would have to guess that unemployment and such is DRASTICALLY higher now, then it was then and things still arent back to where they were as far as the hustle and bustle of the marketplace so maybe a huge amount isent needed at this point to keep them going.....

Just maybe.....